PDA

View Full Version : Quick study for Desdemona's death

Caesar
01-27-2011, 06:00 AM
Someone asked me ....:D

eighty+
01-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Caesar who the he'll is desdemona:confused:;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

ScottF
01-27-2011, 07:48 AM
A promising start, Caesar!

pat1940
01-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Wonderful drawing Caesar, she looks like she is enjoying it:D:D:DI know you have a great sense of humor so could not resist it:D:D:D:D;););)

coops
01-27-2011, 09:09 AM
This looks its going to be great when you paint it Cesare. Great face for Desdemona, looking good:)

D Akey
01-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Pardon me while I throw my wireless mouse into the trash. . . dumped my whole post as I was about to save it.

All I can say is that you render women well. . . they somehow manage to steal every scene. . . I wonder why. . .

I know you are rather a history buff and scholastic. But I had no idea that even you knew about the cut erotic asphyxia scene from Othello. Fascinating. You may actually be the first to depict it. Bravo! Desdamona is soooooo HOT! Maybe you could have just cut Othello out save for his hand. :)

Alexandra
01-27-2011, 10:41 AM
You've got it Cesare, you always have. It is great now, but I too look forward to the painted version.

barnburner
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Tremendous job on this Caesar. I'm not familiar with the story, but you have done a magnificent job of painting it...:)

screenpainter
01-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Sadly the thinking that caused Desdemona's death is still existent today. A disturbing subject, but the figure is beautifully and artistically drawn and given quite a sensual slant in direct contrast to her being murdered. Can't say I find murder in any way arousing but the delightful woman's figure certainly is hot. Great work on the figure. She's definitely a beauty.

Caesar
01-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Dear ATPlus, just ask Billie Shaspeare who, notwithstanding the Venetian story location of this subject, should be somewhere close to You, in the island You're confined in ...:D

Thank You, dear Scott! To get this perspective referencelessly was not a trivial effort, especially without any construction frame, but I think it's a good enough sketch I could start from anyway.

Dear Pat, I know there's people who likes to be choking too in certain intimate situations, so the image can have a sort of fun and satyrical content too. Anyway here the idea under her expression (in perspective to make it more diffcult for me) was that in the very last instant, when she was about to die, her surprise, love and innocence awareness, as well as the intuition that such a sad fate is now beyond anyone power to be changed, leaves her in a sort of almost peaceful and submissive surrender to a deathly languor. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! I'll try not to disappoint Your expectations then!

Dear D Akey, Thank You!
First I fully share Your view on leaving out Othello face portion. I started that way, re-introduced it, but, definitly, either I leave the scene to Desdemona only or I should introduce enough of Othello, his whole face.
I agree also on the rest of what you say so, even always avoiding any pulp exaggerations or insane levels of morbidity and silly provoking, just like I wouldn't add more and more sauces to make a food taste excellent or just better, I found a sort of dark fascination in depicting the combination of beauty, death, murder, strong passions and miserable divers of the various characters culminating in this key action around which all the story was magnificently built, like for opera! Moreover when a beautiful lady is the protagonist I naturally feel even more motivated. :D
In a way I feel Shakespeare to be very Italian too even knowing he never was here and didn't have any direct cultural experience or enough Italian language and literature knowledge.

Caesar
01-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Glad You think I got it, dear Sandra, and if I were a hunter that would have been even more flattering for me.:D I'm pretty sure Your imagination could build a whole intriguing novel around this image evene without Will Shakespeare to narrate You.

Thank You, dear Barnburner!
Actually the story underneath is a little stronger than that of Your Moving West novel, this far at least ...:p
Anyway, even if this story is located in once Venice dominated places and the playing characters are Mediterranean ones, it's from the most famous English Theatre author, probably the best ever worldwide, William Shakespeare, so You possibly studied it at school or You may easily find tons of information theabout.

Dear Albert, that sensual slant can is, in essence, similar to the one You may find in saints and martyrs being executed or in ecstasy in many classical paintings, often with some excessive maniersm in their expressions. In a way Desdemona here is fundamentally pure and innocent and a martyr so she may have access to a sort of ecstacy also in the moment when she is dying in peace with her conscience. As for the rest of my views I would invite You to read also my previous answer to get the whole picture of my intentions if You wish. Thank You also for Your meaningful considerations.

mannafig
01-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Fantastic dear Cesare very expressive:):)

damasocl
01-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Como siempre un boceto que es intrínsecamente una obra de arte!

As always, a sketch which is inherently a work of art!

Caesar
01-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Dear Amanda, I'm still looking fo a good way to render a sketch effective for a follow-on painting. Yesterday I possibly found one way I would show and tell when I'm confident enough. Here I just outlined and put some loose tones, both in a quick way and there are improvements to consider before possibly starting with the painted version.
Thank You!

Molte grazie, mio caro amico Damaso!
Muchas gracias, mi querido amigo Damaso!
The compliments of a master like You make me always blush and rejoice!

AT-TA
01-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Wonderful to see your lovely sketch again.Caesar.. and as i said already before, your ladies are all but milk and honey.... i know...you love them pretty and they are....

jibes
01-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Great Drawing Caesar! Quick is best to capture the muse.

waheednasir
01-29-2011, 07:05 PM
very good job Caesar, it has a nice feeling of movement. and well drawn..:).

Caesar
01-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Thank you, dear Anna, Jibes and Waheed!
To be improved for sure while painting, but just to fix the composition ...