PDA

View Full Version : Il Moro - Othello (with an amended version to the end)

Caesar
01-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Free interpretation from a reference.

barnburner
01-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Wow! Caesar, this is great stuff! Powerful...
Fine work...:):)

eighty+
01-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Very good Caesar I like your colours and a great job on the face and head :eek::eek::eek:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S ow I've copied it on the IPad ok

Alexandra
01-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Outstanding dear Cesare as always!:):):):):)

Pamelina Weena
01-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Great strength in your strokes. Really like it.

Caesar
01-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Althouth there's some very dark tones I should have blended or lighten a little, I wish I could find a way to be always so effective with this style, dear BB! thank You!

Thank You, dear Skylar! Your wonderful Othello is almost certainly more in line with Shakespeare character than mine, since Othello was possibly a North African or mixed race guy coming from some of the places Venice ruled in the Mediterranean sea. Maybe just a little darker and certainly strong, but less body-builder as a look ...:D:D

Thank You, dear ATPlus! I noticed Your nice iPad copy and commented. Mixing color directly on the canvas through strokes is great. Use of pure enough colors is better although You hardly get also exactly the right tone, or the one You would with real tubes (when You would like either a lighter or a darker one).

Thank You, dear Sandra. I wish though I could get the same result using this fresh style without any whatsoever reference to drive my start and vision ...

Thank You, dear Pam! Glad You like it. I wish I could always be so confident to depict any time with this energy and effect whatever I wish and see mentally ...

semd74
01-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Very good Caesar...bold colors and I like the brush strokes on this painting

screenpainter
01-25-2011, 10:57 PM
super! dynamic portrait. bold color and brush work. great art.

Caesar
01-26-2011, 06:03 AM
Thank You too, dear Semd74 and Albert! Very kind of You!

ScottF
01-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Caesar, what a fine rendering of that immortal character! Now we need to see your Desdemona. :cool:

MJSparks
01-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Quite fabulous, as always from you sir. I look forward to seeing more!

coops
01-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Such a powerful painting Cesare. I really like this painting it holds a strange fasc:)ination for me and you have painted it excellently:)

Caesar
01-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Thank You, dear Scott! I'm pretty sure that You rather have a slight prefennce for the feminine protagonist ...:D

Thank You dear MagenSparks! I'll see what I can do with my variable talent, madam ...:D

Dear Katie, considering the fascination it exerts, I just hope You was not Desdemona in a previous life ... :eek: It would have been a pity to think to Your neck being strangled while this Othello dark staring gaze is on You in his cool jealousy ....:rolleyes::eek::D:D:D

D Akey
01-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Wow!!!!
Very powerful work, Caesar and speaks of your confidence with your brush.

I have to reluctantly point out that on my monitor there are marks that are flat black and they jump out of the picture. On some monitors, like yours perhaps, this would not show up so dramatically, but on mine it does not fall into place.

But man, that is one seriously successful painting otherwise. The technique you employed speaks of a personality quality of the character -- brash, quick acting, proud, dramatic.

One of the best of yours I've seen.

Bravo! :):):)

coops
01-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Moi Desdemona oh perish the thought for I enjoy life far tooooo much:)

Belvrog
01-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Strong image Caesar. Very well done.:eek:

Caesar
01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Dear D Akey, I was already jubilating fo Your new apparition and I got so many positive comments from You that I would have blushed if I still could ...:o:p Than k You very much!
Now that I've got a new monitor also where I used to paint undisturbed I perfectly realized and agree with Your point on the deep black strokes spoling it. Part of my energy here was due to the fact then in such famous place where I can paint undisturbed I've got a malfunctioning tablet which changes the straight line and curves my hand makes where the sensor layer is maybe somehow detached.
I have also poblems with my new cheap tablets because the pen position doesn't appear fluid and firm when moved, maybe some little bug and problem of my laptop (I've got one older more I could test, while my older son monopolized the desktop at home). This means I cannot do anything too precise in this period ...:(
As for the black spots, anyway, I'll try to remedy ...

Glad to hear You to say so and I'm relieved You're out of a spooky fascination, dear Katie. I firmly doubt that Othello would have strangled You, either innocent or guilty, since the rest of his life would have become quite boring without Your joyful, sensitive and creative presence ...:)

That would be the way I would like to paint and interpret my visions more frequently dear Belvrog.

Caesar
01-28-2011, 01:58 AM
.. here's the black spot blended version!

alkratzer
01-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Nice work Caesar -- love the loose brush handling and the overlapping semi-transparent colors! Al

mannafig
01-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Great work dear Cesare a very strong powerful painting:):)

Caesar
01-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Thank you very much, dear Al and Amanda!

waheednasir
01-29-2011, 07:18 PM
powerful work!

Caesar
01-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Thank You too, dear mastre Waheed for Your kind appreciation!

Nika
01-31-2011, 08:59 AM
Now I have to repeat what others have already said - powerful, dynamic, impressive image :):):)

sabena
01-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi Caesar

I do not words wow:eek: wonderful and fantastic painting you are great artist:D

Caesar
01-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Dear Nika and Sabena, since You've been missing for quite a while in this Forum, I'm particularly glad to hear from You and thank two charming ladies and artists like You! Welcome back!

jibes
02-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Such great brushwork and color! So well done!!!

Caesar
02-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Thank You, dear Jibes!
Whenever I have some sort of interesting reference, like in this case, even using it loosely to ease the task to decide on tones, lights and hues, it's much easier to have a better outcome for me even painting "savagely" like in this case ... no planning, no study, no light position considerations etc. all necessary steps I have little patience to collow and complete methodically.

javier
02-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Excellent representation. Great work as always friend.

pat1940
02-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Wonderful strenth and confidence in this painting Caesar, well done;););):):):)

Caesar
02-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Thank You, dear Javier and Pat!