PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming In Color

Sketchism71
01-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Trying my hand at a little impressionistic style on this one. I think it still needs some work on dispersing the light and some blending but thought I would post it as it is so far. All one layer, brush and knife.

I haven't had much time to paint lately so it felt nice to finally produce something. Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for checking it out!:)

waheednasir
01-20-2011, 05:55 PM
good. i agree on little more work needed, just a bit. but still it looks very nice..:).
all the best.

mannafig
01-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Beautiful and bright very cheerful:):)

Caesar
01-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Masterful unfinished view. I hope too You may work around this concept, maybe in various ways and tools ...

semd74
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Good use of light in this painting...very nice

Alexandra
01-21-2011, 01:13 AM
I love it Eddie, great new style, looking forward to more.

barnburner
01-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Beautiful. Love the way you have the ponds in the background framed by the trees. Reminds me of a spot I always stop at in Rocky Mountain National Park.
Well done Sketch! :)

gigicharm
01-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Love it as usual! I don't know that impressionistic art is ever going to be something I tackle....too scary... I've tried but the undefined takes me to a nervous place....funny thing is it's one of my favorite artforms to look at.

Blessings and again...fantastic piece.
GigiCharm:):):)

screenpainter
01-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Gorgeous Eddie. The brush strokes are wonderful and the light play. What is missing from the impressionism to me is the many subtle variations of hues to create the larger areas. I see the yellow and green hues of the vegetation, but the myriad of smaller hues that make up the whole would yield a masterpiece. The path or field starts to incorporate a bit of another hue, but the trees and vegetation are mostly two hues of yellow and green.

ScottF
01-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Whether it needs more work or not, itīs a fine painting!

Sketchism71
01-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Thank you-

Waheed - I respectfully appreciate your input on this (especially this piece) since it is a style not very familiar to me.:)

Mannafig- Thank you for the wonderful comment!:)

Caesar - I do plan on exploring this style further. I enjoy looking at and studying impressionistic art styles. I hope to someday have more of grasp on it.:)

Semd - Thank you for the comment. I truly believe that proper use of light makes or breaks a painting. Color almost "almost" doesn't even matter if the light is right.;):)

Sandra - Thank you for the comment. I hope to do more!:)

Barnburner - Thank you! I spend a lot of time up in Rocky Mountain National Park (just took the family snow shoeing there a couple weeks ago). A place near and dear to my heart!:)

Gigicharm - Thank you very much for your always kind comments! I suggest to you to try the style out... you may be surprised with the outcome and find that the "undefined" is what makes it fun!:)

Albert - Your observations are spot on and I totally agree with you. I did this from imagination and I find that when I do pieces like this (without a reference of some sort) my mind leaves out a lot of the idiosyncrasies that add beauty to a scene like this. I also tend to use a very minimal palette when painting from imagination (out of fear or lack of confidence I guess) which is something I need to explore a bit more.:)

Scott - Thank you. I appreciate that!:)

L Skylar Brown
01-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Lovely, Lovely, Lovely!!!

MacPix
01-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Very beautiful, warm and inviting!:)

coops
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Wow this is really a wonderful painting SKetch. It makes me feel like I am in dreamland and I am floating along on a warm summer breeze. Its beautiful:)

silvy
01-24-2011, 04:52 AM
I love it, it's really a beautiful dream:)

Belvrog
01-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Fantastic painting Eddie. Love the darker foreground with the petals as well as it's overall composition. I agree with gz about his proposals regarding its impressionistic style, but it's already a wonderful piece the way it is. :)

narf
01-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Feels like spring.

wenkat
01-25-2011, 11:51 AM
I like the title as well as the beauty in the picture!:)

Suha
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Very nice, but if there are horses or girl, or lovers have been better:)
This, in my view and I apologize if disturbed(I do not speak English well Sorry)