PDA

View Full Version : Lady Agnew -Oils

Caesar
01-18-2011, 05:52 AM
I finished my classical copy too of her. Here it is. No tracing, measuring or color picking, as usual.
Maybe a glazing layer and some degree of blurring could improve it, but I preferred to leave it this way since the merits are of the great master Sargent ...

Alexandra
01-18-2011, 06:06 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

eighty+
01-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Yep you've made a bloody good job of her, Sargent would be pleased

Caesar Congratulations

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

barnburner
01-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Splendid work Caesar! It's all good, but I really like the chair. :)

screenpainter
01-18-2011, 08:52 AM
A great homage. The chair is just delightful. You did the original justice with your attention to detail. Beautiful work.

fraser_paice
01-18-2011, 09:51 AM
What no red stilettos... are you feeling ok mate? Classy job my friend.

Caesar
01-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Thank You, dear Sandra.

Thank You, dear ATPlus! I'm targeting Waterhouse now for my next great masters copy since I'm sure a Brit like You would appreciate ... ;)

Me too, dear Barney! Actually that was the most attractive subject I was painting until Lady Agnew came sitting and spoiling my painting .... :D

Thank You, dear Albert! Probably I should have painted on or changed it to a larger canvas before going to details and even add a glazing layer, but I think I should always refrain from overdoing ...

Actually I cannot say how her shoes look like, dear Neal, but I presume she may secretely wear a red garter underneath ...:D Thank You!

I would also add herebelow a couple of quick imaginary sketches somehow inspired by the features of this unconventionally charming lady .... To be revised as proportion and details, but they give an idea.

XBLee
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Amazing. Yep, that sums it up nicely.

wenkat
01-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Superb work!:)

HarlequiNQB
01-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Really fantastic!

Caesar
01-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Thank You, dear XBLee! Considering the little planning, patience and time dedicated to it, I was quite satisfied too, as it rarely happens to me ...:D

Mybe I should have tried a different style re-interpretation ... anyway .. thanks dear Wenkat!

Thank You, dear HarlequiNQB! When You have a low cycle in inspiration, looking and even making reference to some good classical master painting can always please You and move You up again with his lessons ....

waheednasir
01-20-2011, 12:17 AM
this is good job Caesar..:).

Caesar
01-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Thank You for Your most valuable claps, dear Waheed!

mannafig
01-20-2011, 03:19 AM
Really stunning a nice vintage look and feel:):)

Caesar
01-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Hard to find dress of the same level of quality now, isn't it, dea Amanda? :D
Lady Agnew features are not much conventional, but they become very attractive with such a mysteriously charming look. :rolleyes: Thank You!

screenpainter
01-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Now that is a fertile imagination Cesare. It appears your handy brush has knocked up lady Agnew. :)

jonwood
01-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Very nice work on Lady Agnew, looks great...

Caesar
01-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Knocked up, dear Albert? You mean I played tennis with Lady Agnew? :D
Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jon. I don't dare to think how she would now look like (and wie will look like to in 100 years from now), but she must have been a pretty smart and attractive person I'd say ...

AT-TA
01-22-2011, 05:02 PM
YOu've done so well, Caesar. Love the dress and the chair, one can hear the whisper of romance in those lightly touching brushes. And the lady is happy and her "father" would be as well i am sure. Gorgeous work. :)

Caesar
01-24-2011, 03:52 AM
Thank You, dear Anna. It's curious and somehow unusual that You thought at her father's pride, but I appreciate as a father myself.
There were many expectations about Sargent and Lady Agnew in the recent past on this Forum and You were among the ones raising interest for this master and Waterhouse as fo Bouguereau in the past. This gave me once again an inspiration and a challenge that deserved my engagement; I'm glad You appreciated.

Rowena
01-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Wow, you did a fine job with this Caesar!... and the brushtrokes are marvelous!!! :D

Belvrog
01-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Fantastic rendition Caesar. I agree with Rowena about the brushstrokes. I noticed you gave her a slightly different attitude. The lighting is also very well done . Great work. :)

Caesar
01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Thank You, dear Rowena! :) I know that Your rare presence and comment release is almost a quality certificate ...:p

Dear Belvrog, I didn't use a large canvas size and not even any technique to make a perfect copy, so I got a detail free and looser interpretation than a perfect copy (hard and long to achieve anyway), but I tried to significantly stick to the original anyway. Thank You!