PDA

View Full Version : Retiarius

Caesar
01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I got inspired by the wonderful painting of Skylar thereabout.
Imaginary drawing.

L Skylar Brown
01-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I am most flattered! This is Great. I like your take on the "Net-Man".

AT-TA
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I do not know who he is and do not want to get know anyway...i like princes and kings much better... but very good drawing here... as usually.

Caesar
01-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I thank You dear Skylar for Your wonderful painting which, all of sudden, inspired me this fast imaginary drawing. I found interesting, however horrible this kind of entertainment could look today, that many differents shows went on in Roman arenas and gladiators had specialties and great fame like today's most famous sportsmen and stars.
In this case I made mistakes though . The retiarius (net-man) had no helm or leg protection and he usually fighted against a chaser, a secutor (or a myrmillo) with a sword, helm, often with a wide brim to reduce the risk to be immobilized by the ballasted net of the retiarius and some protections on the armed arm. So a fight between speed, agility and ability against sheer heavy force and power, like a corrida, but a bull neither dull and not at all doomed ....

Dear Anna, I'm afraid princes and kings where not less cruel and bloodythisrsty than gladiators in the past, only mostly more arrogants and often not openly exposing to risks or making reliance on themselves for fighting their battles ...:p Thank You!

Alexandra
01-15-2011, 12:30 AM
As I have said in the past-you are very talented Cesare, great piece here!!!:):):):):)

Caesar
01-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Thank You, dear Sandra. Still looking for a drawing procedure and style to get better and more real pencil like drawings though ...

pat1940
01-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi Caesar, very good as usual;);):):)

barnburner
01-15-2011, 01:01 PM
As usual, extremely well done Caesar.. :)

Caesar
01-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Thank You dear Pat and BB! I recently had a drawing burst.

coops
01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Thats great Cesare and wow the look in his eyes shows he means business.:)

Caesar
01-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Since You swi like a fish, dear Katie, watch out or he will catch You! :eek::D thank You!

mannafig
01-20-2011, 03:16 AM
Fantastically done dear friend:):) I wouldn't want to meet him in battle though:rolleyes::D

eighty+
01-20-2011, 06:03 AM
hi Caesar was looking for your Gladiator looks like ended with the

netman instead as the Viking is anoyed as he said nowone has ever beat us in battle--- possible football :D he just wanted the Gladiator
to know the VIKINGS are comeing
that'll scare the sheets out of him--OK ow he said I don't know about these blue balls but they been following us for days we tried to get shot of them but no way so looks like we're stuck with them

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Caesar
01-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Dear mate, pls be informed that we have Vikings too in here since longtime(hard to say who we miss), since, in Middle Age most of southern of Italy was actually conquered and populated by them too, with the name of Normans, who eventually established a Kingdom.
The one You're sending, anyway, doesn't seem so threatening by swimming into that sort of duck shaped life belt ...:D:D:D:D

eighty+
01-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Caesar if you work the wheel on your mouse you can mske the boat go up and down and if your not careful you'll get sea-sick yuk how do move the Blue balls any idea thanks