PDA

View Full Version : Reflect

Alexandra
01-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Who is that girl I see? Staring there in front of me...

I enjoyed a particular Disney film with my kids not just because of the beautiful artistry, but the lyrics, music, and talented singers. Anyway, this one reminded me of Mulan.

Another duplication and effects, and crayon, knife, watercolor, airbrush, fun brush bubbles, particles, and ink.

javier
01-07-2011, 03:51 AM
Lovely image, great job.

Alexandra
01-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Thanks Javier. I need to work on the direction of her eyes a bit and clean up a few edges-I never notice these things until it is posted. Thanks so much though for your kind words.:)

coops
01-07-2011, 08:16 AM
That so lovely Sandy, soft and gentle, well done:)

marcialsj
01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Beautiful job, and very creative. I really like this. Wish I could handle the airbrush as well! Could you possibly clarify what you mean in your original post when you say "another duplication and effects"?

Caesar
01-07-2011, 10:13 AM
I really love the style You used for this character and the expression! It looks like an highly professional illustration!
Lyrics? Music? Madame Butterfly opera?

barnburner
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Absolutely lovely Sandra.. You have done a fine job with this. :):)

Belvrog
01-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Yes I fully agree with Caesar, had the same thought when looking at it, great style and very well done. You should be proud of it.

Alexandra
01-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you dear Katie, I appreciate your kind comment.:)

Marcailsj, Thanks so much. I used crayon, airbrush, and watercolor glazing (taught to me by Cesare) for her face. I will enclose a screen shot-though I do not think it will be very helpful-but it might help someone new see the layers. I will start another tutorial on this process that I am still trying to improve. The possibilities of this software are incredible. Definitely worth exploring.:)

Awwww shucks:oCesare.....:o:o:o:oThank You!!!

Mike, Thank you dear friend!:)

Belvrog, How kind of you, thanks ever so much!:)

semd74
01-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Sandra...you have done it again...nice painting...:)

screenpainter
01-07-2011, 12:58 PM
I love the CG look of this one. Like Pixar. Very 3 dimensional and shiny. Did you see Despicable Me? So great and very cute movie. This reminds me of the girls.

Alexandra
01-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Steve, Thank you so much!:)

The picture I uploaded will show the foundation for the petals. I have learned so much from SCP-and would like to thank him for all of his help. I use a smooth canvas or cell. I start with a dark foundation and make a new layer with the color I desire, using chalk or crayon. I combine the two and blend around the edges. Highlight and shade. I then clean the edges to desired shape with the hard eraser. Now, here's the trick-duplicate the petal and combine-and do this three times. Then you can duplicate and move the petal to go around into the entire shape of the flower. Duplicate the whole flower and merge. There you are.;):)

Alexandra
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi Albert, I haven't seen this one yet. Now that my oldest is twenty and my son turning 13 soon, they don't want to watch any Disney with me anymore.:(
I just began with the flowers and then drawing a face and kept going until it was pleasing to my eye. All from this tiny brain this morning over a nice cup of irish tea.:) Thanks dear man!

Mairzie Dotes
01-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Alexandra,
Not certain who this wisp of a fantasy might be but this reflective
portrait could well represent the metaphorical dreamer in many of us.
What a beautiful painting ... delicate and museful! :)

Alexandra
01-08-2011, 02:52 AM
Thank you Mary Ann always, both for your kind a generous comments, and your beautifully poetic expressions. I am still waiting for your book.