PDA

View Full Version : Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

eighty+
10-22-2011, 12:20 PM
hi gonna try for a early night ok :cool:

EB
10-22-2011, 12:30 PM
That is a lot to take in, well done

D Akey
10-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Hoot mon!!!!!!! What's all this 'ere racket what's disturbin' the pastoral tranquility, heh? Boot ho there now, is that the pipes what that gent's a-playin'?

Oh aye. . . then why by the beard of the foggy Moorish Spaniard weren't I invited? Loched me oot, have ye then, laddie? Well there's nothin' left for it but to crash this bash.

It's an amazing feat what yer done doin', Mr Ploos, wood shoes an' all.

Every time I look in I see it grow richer and deeper. You're doin' a gorgeous smash up. The figures are feeling lively and work rather well, separating out, with good attention to their character.

And brother, have ye got stories layered in. I can see it from looking at yer posts where they're peekin' oot a little bit.

Good on ye, Mr. Ploos!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

eighty+
10-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Hi EB. Yeah that's why I've not made contact with u ok will do Thanks for looking:cool:

Hoots Mon when the pipes are playing do yuh dinnae ken that the feet are
Tapping yuh nae need an invite to the bash just grab yuh girl an dance oc'kay
Ma mither would only hear the pipes to start hooting and dancing thank for
The reminder :D:(:D, as u can see had to move things a bit, just found out
Bye accident that u can move the ref; round in it's frame always wondered
What those little signs were fore :):) I normally just bash straight in :eek:
Sink or swim:D still a lot to do thou looks like another 1/3 to do as the
Faceless lot keep shouting yeah would be helpful if when doing the 1st
Starter sketch if there was some sort of grid would save a lot of time:D:D:D

eighty+
10-23-2011, 04:06 AM
hi 1st 5 of today's ok at the end of today's iv'e bashed three in the style of Forness? as wondered how he got the drawing lines on top of the paint
thought he must have a magic wand then later he said Layer's that's when I panicked as always kept well away from them since they swallowed one of my
painting so had a chat with Breughel to get dutch courage held me breath
and dived thinking the worst that can happen is I'll lose a leg but Lo and
behold it wasn't to bad so cursed myself for not diving before of the three one didn't work these from the back of my nut to get into the style Yeah

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S p.s getting a dab hand with the typeWrighter:D
even starting to put a few commas in :eek:

eighty+
10-23-2011, 04:13 AM
OK next 5 2 to come

eighty+
10-23-2011, 04:21 AM
last 2 ok

eighty+
10-23-2011, 10:15 AM
hi early night :D:D:D Breughel fin OK..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Strandy
10-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Ho, ho... You got it definitely. Certainly interesting interpretation after more than 400 years. :cool:

eighty+
10-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi Strandy pleased you enjoy it , but looking at it I see the bloke sitting

at the table has got sun glasses on didn't now they were around 400 years

ago or he might have a blackeye:):)will sort tomorrow:cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
10-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Gotta love a Plus Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding, mate! You must be plum fagged from all the muckin' and dancing. What a rollickin' grand time it was too. You sure know how to throw a party in the manner of Breughel the Erstwhile. . .

I have to tell ya, it really is the kind of painting that one can walk into. . . though careful not to get yer keg knocked over by some high steppin' couples.

Really spirited. Excellent choice of paintings to take on a spin. Came to life on ya, it must ha' done, cause that's what it's done for me. Magic that way, neh?

I am so glad you opted to NOT paint the blind lads, especially for all the trippin' over feet every which-a-way. Not the same walkin' into this 'ere paintin'.

Nice to see you ain't neglected your sketchin' none. They look really good as well. Better all the time.

Oh. . . I almost forgot. . .

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

eighty+
10-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Blimey Mac your a gluton for Moon Rivers Bartender you better fix another

6 thats 3 each as all the dancing and the Pipes makes yuh right thirsty

is that ok Mac :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

D Akey
10-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Could ne'er ask for more. Good taste and better sense ya got than most. Paint on, good chap.

eighty+
10-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Reet Mac feeling a little light headed after those Moon Rivers so I better

Get to bed. As rugby World cup at 8oc if I'm awake blacks and froggies.

Chio

screenpainter
10-23-2011, 03:05 PM
The Breughel makes for a compelling work in progress indeed. Just phenomenal patience and eye for detail exhibited there. Congratulations on the completion of this work.

eighty+
10-23-2011, 10:20 PM
My thanks. S/P

coops
10-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Wow dear Eighty, this is remarkable. You have created your own masterpiece. The colours are wonderful, they just pop out. LOVE IT:)
(just watched the match too eighty and seen the NZ team lift the trophey:):):):):))

eighty+
10-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Hi. Katie Katie Coops how do you like your White Hart now ok was your

Decision good has it effected the light:eek: :D:D:D . Laying in bed and watch the Rugby pleased NZ won but the frogs had me worried as they always
Can Produce some fantastic teams didn't get bed to 4.30 trying the
Style of forness he made me go into layers so to show the lines as was baffled how he did it now I now :D anyway got to get up as it's gone 12oc

Chio. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

pat1940
10-24-2011, 02:49 AM
WOW, AND MORE WOWS, this is exceptional work my dear eighty, absolutely a delight to look at:):):):):):):) and I repeat more, more:D:D:D

eighty+
10-24-2011, 05:55 AM
Hi Pat glad you like it just going to bung the upgrade in cos of his blackeye

while there done a bit of touch ups I had missed they also told me that it was

the final of the tiddly winks their just about to shake hands as you can see by

the smile on his face the bloke with the blue hat is now the champion

think his name is Holstien with his winning he went into brewing Lager

Cheers Thanks Don't mind if I do :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi been a lazy day that is I keep falling asleep :D:D:D just watched telly

the lake district looks lovely :D:D Chio

eighty+
10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
hello sorry bit busy at the moment playing in layer's :D:D:D:D:D:D:D---E/S

eighty+
10-24-2011, 11:24 PM
OW forgot The Mighty One in his prime :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hail O Ceasar O Mighty One sorry about your spear got

blunt when you were prodding those unruly Brits around:eek:

stab!lo
10-25-2011, 02:04 AM
Love all your drawings, they are so good!

eighty+
10-25-2011, 02:07 AM
Corr dun i look old :eek: :confused: :o :( :D :D :D

stab!lo
10-25-2011, 02:08 AM
This is really good! Very impressed!

EB
10-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Quite well done

mannafig
10-25-2011, 06:19 AM
Very nicely done my dear Eighty I especially love the self portrait:):)

coops
10-25-2011, 06:52 AM
The White Hart looks fine and dandy dear Eighty and the whole painting is remarkable. Well done you.
Your self portrait is fantastic:)

Chaos79
10-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Impressive thread. It's really great to see so much nice drawings and paintings.

eighty+
10-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi My Thanks
Stablio Twice :D :D
EB will do :confused::eek: :D
Manfig :( :o :D
Katie Katie Coops Good taste :D :D :D :D :D
Chaos79 I try :eek: :eek::cool::cool::D:D

1st 5 today's Bus Sketch'es ok

eighty+
10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
hi 2nd 5 ok

eighty+
10-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi 3rd 5 ok

eighty+
10-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi last two ok

eighty+
10-25-2011, 04:03 PM
hi just a thought after watching the tv program

D Akey
10-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Corr dun i look old :eek: :confused: :o :( :D :D :D

Corr blimey, laddie. . . ye look a right sorcerer. Where on earth did ye get the photo to work from? This is a smart drawin' and that's a fact that'll brook no quibble.

Truth be told though, I'm taken aback they aren't pressin' ya into service as a model yourself. The art students would go nuts, both for your character and the fact they don't have no ta paint jaw, lips nor chin for all that gorgeous head of hair what's 'angin round the lower half of yer face. They can do the pate, the eyes, nose ears all careful like and then coom in an' do a d'Atragnan flourishy 'Etcetera' with their sharp pencil for the beard.

(I know this because your double was there posing for me when I was a student and every one of us did a great drawing as a result.)

Anyway, you're amazing with your range, Mr. Ploos. En garde, and Have at, you! :D:D:D Fine drawing that self-portrait as a point of fact.

Caesar
10-25-2011, 09:19 PM
It looks like You never meet a guy twice on Your bus! I see You recently met also colored people. :p
Very good and Your final version of Breughel is a really superlative and original interpretation! You look more and more like Leonardo da Vinci (also on Your self-portrait):p

eighty+
10-26-2011, 02:34 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One yes to a Sketcher ? :rolleyes:( I wont say Artist
as the only work they let m do is copying the master's and that's for the next
few years till I'm ok with colour and all the other gear ) anyway I digress
yes a jug is a jug don't matter what colour ok as for painting ceiling's on a
scaffold don't think the Church would let me inside even Jesus had that
problem, do you think I could use the old Jewish trick as I rather fancy being
in a warmer clime and buckshee spagetti and chianti red that is :cool::cool:
as for warmer clime I don't mean a incinerater :p :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Nearly Home Del Don't tell Mum we've been playing football she'll go

bonker's if she now's so keep stum ok :eek: :D :D

D Akey
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Guess we all got one of those tales to tell. . . but I ain't yet told me mum a good number of years hence. Maybe when she's older she can handle it better -- the one that got by her, or maybe she'd still give me a good round cuff.

Nice sunny day too, Mr. Ploos. Fine stuff.

coops
10-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh how many time did that happen to us in our younger days, mine usually concerned falling into ponds in the local park. Good job I could swim at an early age lol.:):):)
Great sketches again dear Eighty.
By the way, sent PM so please check your mail.:)

eighty+
10-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Yeah Mac. Mum used to say come here I won't hit you :D. So used to dodge

As run by her it was no good running away as Mun could out run us all:eek:

Started another picture but it's making me feel dizzy also had trouble

Getting a Ref/pic; but got one at last so got a lot of sorting to do at the

Moment laying in bed just done a quick smash of my Fav Yanky artist

The great Mary. Cassett. Was looking to do a pastel later on so this is for

Praticeing ok. Chio

eighty+
10-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Sorry I forgot I'm on the iPad send the pic; when I get up when at the

Computer. Ok

eighty+
10-27-2011, 12:22 AM
ok had porridge bunged some of that polenta in to see what it would be like:eek:

ok made it a bit thicker had to add more milk after the Micro :D

well here's Mary as promised will go back and sort her out when fin the one I'm

working on ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

////////////////////////////////////////////////////katie ///////////katie /////////////////////coops post 1oc ?? OK

eighty+
10-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Hi 1st Landscape hope you like ? had to leave the sharp detail

too much strain on the eye's ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi 1st 5 of today's ok :cool:

eighty+
10-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Me Lot For today last four ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-27-2011, 12:48 PM
hi might give her a bash with the tar brush not sure still looking

yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Evil Robot
10-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey, you've been busy! Great sketches this last one is looking nice.

D Akey
10-27-2011, 03:40 PM
As to the model what sat for Cassatt, Mr Ploos, if you're going ta let 'er 'ave it with the tar brush, you could at least throw in some feathers like they done wif me for sellin' me tar soap. . . or was that the snake oil episode. . . no matter. You're doing a smash up job. Can't wait to see more of it forming up.:D

Your sketches look like they're getting right sculptural. Solid and chiseled. Neat look. Looks like some mid century stuff the names of which elude me presently. But they look very cool. Looks like you're taking the bus into deeper territory for your models (at least deeper inward perhaps). :cool:

And your desert one. Looks like the kind of thing I've seen in photos. Nice composition. Good color. Always wondered what the acoustics would be like in a place like that. :)

Well done Mr Ploos. Looks like you

eighty+
10-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Hi just woke (:-) thanks. Evil Robo :cool: the twinkling eyes that is make's

The mind boggle yeah

Hi. Mac. Hoots mon that snake oil reet. Gud drappie ockay me mither would
Slate me if she could hear me yaking in her native tongue :eek: well what
Did think of my landscape Mac?? Had to dodge the close detail just a thought
Would dark shades help :D as for the sketch'es I feel as if I'm trying to slip
Into a higher gear but the gearbox is clapped out :eek: yeah as for
Mary only hope I can do her justice ?? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D---- E/S

kenmo
10-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Superb thread.... enjoying your updates....

eighty+
10-28-2011, 01:33 AM
Thanks Ken pleased your still looking, Feel I could like one of your

Hot Rods and go for a burn up if I could find a road but the police

Would clap me in irons saying you must be mad at your age 200 mph

in a 30mph Zone :eek: :confused: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

pat1940
10-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Hi my dear eighty, wonderful sketches, cant say what my favorite is, because they are all so great, busy, busy man you are:):):):):)

D Akey
10-28-2011, 05:31 AM
. . .well what Did think of my landscape Mac?? Had to dodge the close detail just a thought Would dark shades help :D as for the sketch'es I feel as if I'm trying to slip Into a higher gear but the gearbox is clapped out :eek: yeah as for Mary only hope I can do her justice ?? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D---- E/S

Please upload the photo or link to it if you would so I could comment. Not sure what it looked like, and adding straight black like you have on the right is probably not the answer. If I recall those photos that I have seen from the Grand Canyon, they generally have dark colors but they're saturated with lovely warms. It's a level of precision in the color mixing that I strongly recommend to be your next step. (When I say color mixing, you could pick your colors straight from your source photo as a general starting point.)

I myself certainly am all about color and lighting and how color behaves in various lighting situations. And then too, after one gets a handle on that, one can go crazy with it. But I think that in the case of this particular place, the subtlety of the natural color is where the beauty lies. And I get that is what you are aiming at.

The other thing, if you get the color right, the detail is secondary. You can have a cracking good painting with only that working in this case.

Details can be added later based on what the specific color is in that spot so they sit properly. So get the whole big picture working first. That's often the way I would do it when trying to make it look real.

Also if you're not into too much detail, the Impressionists are a good choice to try to emulate as you are doing with your choice of Mary Cassatt. And you can go toward Monet for less detail and a more slap dash look which is also very cool in its own right.

But I think the landscape is a good one to do (along with the others for other things) at this point in your development cause it will teach you a lot about color and values. :)

eighty+
10-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Hi Pat Thanks , I'm only trying to keep up with you :p :D:D
trouble is when I get in front of the screen just lately I fall asleep looks like
I better reserve a seat in the local park Yeah :eek: :cool::D:D
Hi Mac Will post,it is a photo I took of my screen, long story if you have time?
ok pull up a chair get comfortable right , my screen picture was Stone henge
may look drab but after awhile grew to like the stone's as they showed me all their different face's birds fish and us mob, thought of sketching each one showing the face's would take some time as there's a lot of them and they
were happy with the Idea as they said they were not in hurry to go anywhere
:D ok u still there:cool:well when sketching Mary I must have clicked a wrong
button as Stone henge went on walk a bouts tried to follow but all they showed me was highly coloured one all i want is my old drab fav ones
I ended up with a set of 5 very nice highly coloured ones the sketch is one of them which I called Arizona thought it might be the native American's abode
but then realized they followed the food market and it look's sort of barren ok
couldn't remember how to get so took a photo of it so I could have a reference to see as
my memory is not good to sketch that picture as the sheer impact of it blew me ok
now you can understand why I left it as is with no dressage or sharpening up began to go cross eyed it like some monster was trying to get in ok will send :D:D:D:D:D;):D----E/S

eighty+
10-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi having a hard time tonight as keep falling asleep ok

1st 5 of today's ok

eighty+
10-28-2011, 10:24 AM
2nd 5 ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi Mac as promised ARIZONA YEAH :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Sorry Mary but I Keep Falling Asleep:eek::eek:...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi today 1st 5 ok

eighty+
10-29-2011, 12:06 PM
last two ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

D Akey
10-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Well Mr Ploos, the Arizona landscape is very geometric, isn't it, what with all the striation lines vanishing and following the undulating shapes. It would be a mechanical tour de force to paint it owing that all the parallel lines on one side would constantly be telling you if one of them were out of step as it were. So it would have to be mechanically perfect.

There are a couple ways to approach this, all of which require some facility with different programs. So I won't go into it as it takes a certain personality type to do something like this. They would take it on as a technical challenge like choosing to climb a mountain face to get to the summit that you could easier drive to. I personally wouldn't without a darn good reason.

But for the overall tone, I would use layers (I know you are just now looking at how to use them). I would block in the major shapes.

Then I would airbrush in the local colors (tans and purpleish and sienna - whatever is there in the mid value range) sorta transparently. And then I would do another layer where it would be with my darks. And yes, you're quite right, the darks need to be in this one. This uses most all of the full value range.

Think of the old lessons about rendering a tube or cylinder with some concave and convex movements in it. Look at how its lit and use your gradations to create dimension.

At the end, if you desire to anymore, you could add some select lines.

Pay no attention to the reflected image in the water for how to do reflections. To my eye, the image was inverted and spliced in to make it look mirror-like. And it looks spliced in. Were you painting it, you could use it for reference though because the splice look would not be there owing to your doing it by hand.

Great photograph though, as a photograph :D. I could see why it appeals to you. A natural marvel. And it could yield much to certain interpreters.

Hope this helps some. Better you than me, lad. :D My eyes are rolling up in me pate at the thought of painting it. :D:D:D

EB
10-29-2011, 02:36 PM
eighty+ a visual parade of interesting sketches

coops
10-29-2011, 10:53 PM
The painting it coming on a treat dear Eighty and quite a collection again of your friends on the bus, keem em coming:)

eighty+
10-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Hope this helps some. Better you than me, lad. :D My eyes are rolling up in me pate at the thought of painting it. :D:D:D[/QUOTE]

Hi Mac my eye's are rolling on reading this and brain is screaming don't no
Wether to go back in and try to sort ? But Brain is not to happy as it makes
Him spin and that monster is still trying to get in tried smashing him across
The face with my paint brush but he just laugh's:eek::cool::cool:

Hi EB yes will do. Sorry

Katie Katie Coops. Mary is not amused she said why have you made my
Finger's look like a bunch of banana's Also you lined me and that's something
I would never do ,what could I say searching for excuse come up with it
Was my assistant I'd left to finish she didn't like that said she will be watching
Me to make sure ?? :eek::eek:

D Akey
10-30-2011, 05:36 AM
Aye Mr. Ploos. No matter on what I had written in the post about the Arizona pic. I provided no real info. Just basically wrote a book length form saying: "Yikes!" :D

Don't need to pull it apart. Not much of practical use. Just evaluating the pros and cons of tackling something like this, and I said the nature of that subject was mostly mechanical. Mostly a study.

Sketches looking great. Cassatt is coming along very well. Enjoying the development process. Gives a good insight to your approach.

eighty+
10-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi Mac sorry if you thought I was pulling apart what you said noway
Would I do that as you've always helped me it was just my way of
Saying when it comes to something technical brain and I go into
A deep spin :eek: as for layer's we've only just dipped our finger in
Was like hot fat so still feel a bit gagey anyway please be critical and
Heipfull as long as you don't nice lovely . I'll always be looking for
Your comments. hoots mon nae Hagis for you :eek:

Regards. Brain and E+

eighty+
10-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Say. Say. Say:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool:

eighty+
10-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi 1st 5 of today's ok

eighty+
10-30-2011, 09:15 AM
2nd 5 last 1 try with pen ok

eighty+
10-30-2011, 09:20 AM
last 4 ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

D Akey
10-30-2011, 10:23 AM
. . . hoots mon nae Hagis for you :eek:
Regards. Brain and E+

Right then, I 'ad best be on me toes, coos I wanna bit o' haggis in me bowl, coos if it be in me mouf, I'd sound all pasty an' garbled. An' then where'd we be, eh? Down the pub, more an' likely discussin' the finer points of motherhood an' paintin'. Oh aye, I'm with ye mate.

Well, here's not so much a crit as an approach. What you're doing is starting out linear, and there's no problem with that, especially since you draw that way. There are two different schools of thought (that existed in Renaissance painting) linear and tonal. Michelangelo, and Titian were more about tone. Botticelli and Durer more about line. There were many more artists in each camp. Both most valid. Line is more about the information all getting in. Tonal is more about the feeling.

I'm saying that so you understand when I mention that you may want to consider keeping your drawing on a separate layer that you can pop on and off to not lose the form, but then try painting with broader strokes to block in the composition. Squinting a wee bit helps to simplify. But be sure to unsquint too! :eek: :D And think a little sculpturally as well.

What you would do would be to forget the line somewhat and look at the darks and lights and colors, and start slapping paint around.

Then as you go, you can become more precise with your finishing touches -- including the occasional line.

Right now, you seem to be working hard. And that's grand. If that's suiting you, you are in good company. But I think to paint the way I mention would be easier on your brain cause it is a little more intuitive and not so fastidious.

The airbrush is a fair choice of brushes, albeit a little soft and fuzzy, but you might want to try a brush with only a wee bit of paint on it. You can sketch with it with color, like Cassatt, creating forms with lights and darks and color. Thus you build up your canvas quicker and freer. More Impressionistic. And you can use denser paint along the way. But as you gain experience sooner than you think you'll be going more directly in with your exact paint that you don't need to mess with once down.

Just a thought.

Now where's me ruddy haggis, eh? :D:D:D

Paintings put up to compare the approaches and see where you might next begin forming your painting as opposed to line and filling in color like a coloring book (though there's nothing wrong with either way). I've done both.

eighty+
10-30-2011, 11:29 AM
O aye reckon yer Won haggis :eek: :D :D

well if you don't see me this next week, you'll no I've shot myself :eek::D

as it look's like sink or swim I'm still not sure about layer's looks like I've

got to have a practice bash with them :confused:but don't be surprised

if you find the Forums dripping with paint :D :D :D ok Mac

eighty+
10-30-2011, 11:34 AM
O yeah Thanks for the picture as its better then mine plus got mine on an
easel beside me so your's will save me getting a crick in the neck

YEAH :D:D

eighty+
10-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Hi have a look at this blokes website Iain MacArthur mind blowing:eek::eek:

D Akey
10-31-2011, 04:46 AM
Oh aye lad. He loves to draw. And really good at it as well.

I can see some of the stylistic drawing influences. And he's great at all he's assimilated and has combined it all in a way that's his own. His images where he combines real and decorative is a style that would be recognizable, and if the illustration market were strong, he would be sought after and grow famous. Maybe he is already.

Some of his stuff even reminds me of the 1960s psychedelic era that was happening in San Francisco.

All the gingerbread decorative stuff he does aside for the moment, he is really working his lights and darks, isn't he. In his portraits he's very tonal, but get's there building up with hatching lines a lot. I would have to analyze them one at a time to say what he was doing. Nothing you probably don't know already. But you can also see where he uses line for the decorative and informative character of the line as well. Nice balance.

About his evolution I would reckon he was aiming for the print market. I recall that in doing illustration for print, employing line was always mechanically safer in the printing process, and many styles were created to fit that niche. Drawings printed cleaner when printed at the size it was intended (reducing could get dodgy with tight hatching/cross hatching to where the white spaces between the lines would be too close and fill in black). So hatching with little lines like an engraver with a huge jolt of coffee is what he's done some. His would look great in print, this stuff.

Thanks Mr. Ploos! You've found a real gem. Don't hurt that the lad's got him a Scottish surname, eh? Hahaha.

eighty+
10-31-2011, 04:57 AM
Hi. mac yep he just blew me away. :D:D:D anybody could see

He was a Scot. :cool::cool::cool:

mannafig
10-31-2011, 06:03 AM
Your sketches are great dear Eighty and your painting looks brilliant:):)

eighty+
10-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Hello Manfig Thanks but I think your looking at Mary's :D:D not mine

mac has just given me a ref; pic; mine wasn't as clear plus had it on easel

which is not a good as having it on the screen so got to do a lot of

hacking to get it into shape I hope, done a little bit but left it to try

to understand layer's as mac say's it would help me, so its all hand's

to to the pump :eek::eek: sink or swim:D:D:D

eighty+
10-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi blimey hy 1st painting with layer's its easy when u know how:D:D

better tell u the title Girl With Umbrella yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D:DE/S

eighty+
10-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi 1st 5 of today's ok

eighty+
10-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi 2nd 5 ok

eighty+
10-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi 3rd 5 ok

eighty+
10-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi last four ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

coops
11-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Great sketches once again dear Eighty and I especially like number 13, he looks a right character.:)

justjean
11-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Once again a great bunch of sketches 80+, keep them coming :)

eighty+
11-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Hi Thanks Katie Katie Coops yeah i like no2 as she just jumped on the
bus sat down in front of me and said draw me she's no beauty and seemed it bit weird if u know what I mean but a command is a command so there she is
but she had shot off just I was finished and no 16 his eye's :cool::D
hi Jean good to find your still hanging in Thanks :D

just gonna bung in a couple of TV sketch'es and 2nd layer's one at the moment can't see the benifits :( suppose I'm just dumb :eek: Yeah :D
and a quick finger exercise ok

eighty+
11-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi Think I've finished Mary with help from Mac ?? untill he looks at it :eek:

AT-TA
11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Eighty, you are growing out like a weed..... i mean artistically, love the last sketch...so sweet and gentle.:-)

eighty+
11-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi. ATTIlla sorry ATTA just brain having his bit of fun he'll settle down later
When he gets into layers or it might have him screaming again(:-) pleased
You liked Mary she had your sort of style all sweet and gentle was all ways
Surprised her parents let her go to Paris to mix with the artistic riff raff but I think our Mary was a wilful girl. Yeah. :D:D:mad::D

eighty+
11-01-2011, 11:09 PM
hi just finger exercise on ipad help's to get brain awake before getting on the
bus :eek: :cool: :D

eighty+
11-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Hello My Darling :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
11-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi todays 1st 5 ok

AT-TA
11-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Eighty, i love them all. The first one made me smile.He cought her like a fish.:)

eighty+
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
hi sorry had to have a bite to eat ok 2nd 5

eighty+
11-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks ATTA but that Look On her face

OK last 3 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
11-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Where's that Haggis basher as had to clime but run out of oxygen

when you come up Mac I'm at camp 16 don't forget the oxygen

as we'll need it if we go for the top this time ok see yuh :p :D

Caesar
11-02-2011, 11:54 PM
An always rich and juicy gallery ending with a last image reminding me of my old times lessons of English ... "what noise annoys a noisy oyster?" (I hope I wrote all the words correctly in this quite lawless language.) :D

eighty+
11-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One where's u been AWOL again:eek:

Spot on but what noise does annoys a noisy oyster that is the question

:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Caesar
11-03-2011, 12:47 AM
... ahahah:p exactly the same correction I got almsot 40 years ago! :D

eighty+
11-03-2011, 12:51 AM
His. WIFE. ??? :D:D:

eighty+
11-03-2011, 12:56 AM
TELLING HIM TO SHUT UP. :eek::eek::eek:

eighty+
11-03-2011, 02:01 AM
hi looking at it whils't laying in bed thought I'd give it a tart op ok:D:D

eighty+
11-03-2011, 02:04 AM
hi forgot to upload :D :D :D :D

eighty+
11-03-2011, 02:06 AM
sorry sorry got the wrong one :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

pat1940
11-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Hi there eighty, hope you will have a great day today, like your very colorful painting:):):):)

eighty+
11-03-2011, 02:44 AM
blimey u woundn't adam an eve it was at strangle holds with laptop it would
not get the arra off the monitor then when it did just showed flower'sso had to threathen it then it consented ok so here's the pic; :D :D :D

Gaia
11-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Now I have sat and enjoyed your drawings and paintings for a good while. It's so nice that they are gathered in one thread.
Wonderful pictures, especially the bus sketches ... and I am totally in love with the second painting you posted in #7, April 2010. Lovely!

kenmo
11-03-2011, 03:14 AM
Nice updates on a fantastic thread....

eighty+
11-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi. Gaia blimey don't tell me u bash frew that lot nuff to send u mad :D
Thanks

Hi ken thanks

eighty+
11-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Help went into layer's knocked up a face then got a new layer no2

but got no paint??? what am I Doing wrong :confused::D:D:D
any suggestion's thanks

eighty+
11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
hi First is the bloke from layer'sat least he's stop Laughing

next today's 1st 4 ok

eighty+
11-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi 2nd 5 ok

eighty+
11-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi last three ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
11-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Hi late up ok been playing in layer's still haven't got a clue :D:D:D

done a face and she's not very happy :( :D :D

and a windswept tree on its lonesome due to mamite :eek: :cool: :cool:

must dash gotta get the bus ok

eighty+
11-04-2011, 03:09 AM
O tree said at this rate I'll soon be in the nuddy Bloody Wind no

No consideration for other's :eek: :eek: :eek:

D Akey
11-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Hey laddie! Look at ye, now on the way to the top. Putting one foot in front of the other on the climb to the summit. And to show you can do the distance and then some, ye start your climb from inside a deep Arizona gorge. That's the stoof, lad. That's the place where the oxygen is good and thick. So tank up.

I must say, Mr Ploos that ya got a right fine trophy for that's a tough nut to paint. A real mind bender, much like the walls of that hollow. Must be they make the haggis good and nourishin' for ye, oh aye. Pass over a bowl, for I need the nourishment to keep up with ya, cause you're a right mountain goat on this climb to the top.

Good volume you created. You did the lines looser than the photo but they work in this context because you have made some of the lines stronger/darker, making the slight irregularity in the lighter lines not an issue. Bloody brilliant that. Would expected to have seen that from an old hand at painting.

There are tricks, now that you're messing with layers, as ye are (Bravo on bashin' down that wall, mate!), that in cases where you have a lot of detail, you can on separate layer(s) glaze over a whole tone that will pull a wall of details into closer values and within a color tone. In this way you can delight the viewers with the details, while keeping them secondary to the whole larger mass to which they belong. Hope that makes sense.

So the upshot is that make a copy to play with, and on a new layer above spray on the tone that shows the overall form of the wall. And then adjust the transparency back until it holds all the detail in check. And of course erase back the overspray that gets onto the sky and whatnot.

Just a trick for you to play around with at the base camp. :D

Again I'm gobsmacked. Great work, Mr. Ploos.

eighty+
11-04-2011, 08:00 AM
hey can you hear me Mac!! or are you to busy noshin your Aggis :D

I've just fallen into a Layer's Crevice at the moment I'm swinging on the rope

about 30 yds down ( haven't a clue what that is in metro :cool:) but figured

you'd know?? do you think you can pull us up as I can't see the bottum

so its a bit dodgy :eek: so can you put your Aggis aside and give a yank up

becare full as the edge is crumblie ok don't want to see u hanging down here

with me as then we'll both be in Stook :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :D :D :D

D Akey
11-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Oy, you down there. . . Mr Ploos? Just 'angin round is it then?

Well, Judith Tremaine dun a nice group of tutorials what's oop on YouTube for all t'see.

Check this one oot, lad. She'll pull ye oop right smart. Think I want ta be danglin' like a flippin tea bag on a string, eh? :D She's better than a ruddy Sherpa, is that lass. Will have ye oot in a jiffy.

Check this one oot, Sir Edmund. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H55L-4aRKNA&feature=related

eighty+
11-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi Mac Tried that spray u Gave me its more the colour seen on my screen

Wadda u think??? :D:D:D

eighty+
11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks Mac for the pull up ok I'll now go and have look :D :D :D

eighty+
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi Mac no Joy looked on utube couldn't find but done a quick copy of Slav

as I wqas amazed at his work thought it would be good pratice don't no how the red colour came could it be that I might have flicked the colour wheel ???

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
11-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi. See the red colour hasn't come threw :D:D:D

eighty+
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
hi todays 1st of 5 nearly missed em ok

lucky I'm not religious or no9 would have made me worried :D

eighty+
11-04-2011, 03:14 PM
hi 2nd of 5 ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Caesar
11-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Humour, drawings, colorful portraits and juicy paintings re-vising ... where else may we find such a huge, continuously growing, visual entertainememt park?

eighty+
11-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Hail O Caesar O MightyOne yes still trying to get a invite to. Your

Summer palace as you know the old saying see Rome and blast

Forgot the last bit. :D:D:D:D:mad::mad::mad:----E/S

eighty+
11-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi today's bus sketch'es 1st of 5 ok

eighty+
11-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi 2nd 5 ok

eighty+
11-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi Last 3 ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
11-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Hi LAYERS :D:D:D:D:D:D anybody can see She's got her eye on the
ball She's just going to smash a top spin back hand winning smash yeah

:cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
11-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Hi Mac no Joy looked on utube couldn't find but done a quick copy of Slav

as I wqas amazed at his work thought it would be good pratice don't no how the red colour came could it be that I might have flicked the colour wheel ???

Ah, sorry mate. You need to click on the link and it automatically takes you to the free video tutorial she did -- a whole series actually, but specifically the one where she demonstrates the use of layers.

Judith Tramayne has posted here on Artrage from time to time. She has made a bunch of free lessons that might help oot. Right decent of her at that. I've only found this one based on the first minute or so it looks like it deals with the layers thing.

So try clicking on the line just below (same as the one above I posted):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H55L-4aRKNA&feature=related

PS: flicking the color wheel would change the color in your brush so you're probably right aboot tha'.

D Akey
11-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Hey, Mr Ploos, this reminded me, I did a tutorial way back in 2006 here in the forums (in the Tips and Tricks section) that is from an earlier version - Artrage 2. But it may still work.

It's how to import any image and make a palette from it.

If you're painting on top of a painting it's not needed (I think Briex had a good demo on that fairly recently). But if you like the colors from a picture, you can grab that and then use that palette independent of the source pic for your very own original picture.

It ain't for everything, but it's a handy little trick for having a really nice ready to order palette to paint with.

Click the below link to see it:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2648

eighty+
11-06-2011, 11:01 AM
:eek: blimey must have fallen asleep I remember reading what Mac said
about stickies making Moara one was about to reply about a ref...referendum
I think thats what its called when I lost the plot must ave gone asleep :D:D ok better bash the bus sketch'es in while I'm still awake 1st of 5 ok just looked at the time must have been out for two hours :cool::cool:

eighty+
11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
hi sorry my boy come on skype had a quick chat ok 1st of 5 :D:D

eighty+
11-06-2011, 11:29 AM
looks like twins :D :D Blimey nearly went to sleep :eek:

eighty+
11-06-2011, 11:41 AM
blimey even the host server keeps cutting me off must have driffted off again

eighty+
11-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi Mac this is the pink colour I taken a photo to show you can't clear it

or work on it as you can see its a quick sketch of Vlad's work the only bit I can work on is the white strip on the side where I've bunged some colour to show you ok as i said I thought I might have flipped into the colour wheel and those little boxes in the corner my fault as I've got the canvas positioner
down but forget to use it:cool::cool:I tried your undo it worked as it put me to sleep:D:D but the pink just laffed any idea's :eek::eek::eek:

MSIE
11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
hy Eighty+ :)

the "pink thing" is a stencil ;) ... it seems you accidentally created a stencil from the layer's contents.

to get rid of it, just rightclick the stencil --> "remove this stencil" and everything will be ok :) :)

I just had a look at your latest sketches and paintings, very very nice and well done! I really like how you're able to portrait all those different folks in the bus :)

eighty+
11-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Ok Ok I don't care what you say I was here first MATE :D:D:D

Thanks Misse I have a try :eek: :D:D

eighty+
11-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi Misse Misse it worked like a charm Merci Merci Bonus :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
11-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Hey Misse the pink was back this morning my fault as had clicked hide not remove ok now been bashing paint but this layer thing makes me feel that I'm
cheating if you know what I mean:eek::eek: Yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

coops
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Dear Eighty this are all so great and I love the ostrich painting, go go go Eighty:)

eighty+
11-07-2011, 10:20 AM
OK OK Katie Katie Coop I'm trying my best but I've got a feeling that I need

a hip replacement soon so want be any good for the three legged race unless

Rolf is there to sing, that's bound to get me going :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
11-07-2011, 11:46 AM
hey Had a great day today thanks to my my Irish friends who were over and took me out
for breakfast at a place that the taxi driver reconmended called Billie along the upper north st on the left also reconmended by the gardien paper must live close bye :D:D no I'm yoking it was a very good breakfast they going to put a plague up as reconmended by E + :D:D:D then when't down onto the front to look at the big wheel looks good but didn't have time to have a ride have to wait to next summer yeah ,then told them I was off home as didn't want them to be bogged down with a old codger so left them to brose and relax yeah:D
walked back up to Cranbourne Sreet were Harmony and Troy run the Flower
shop had more laugh's and got the Bus home a good day YEAH

eighty+
11-07-2011, 11:54 AM
hey that's it for today not much Sketching but a lot of laughing OK

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ----E/S

Caesar
11-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Dear ATPlus the old, You would deserve to be shown on discovery channel because of Your enthusiastic discoveries and experiments on AR tollsand You're a volcano of ideas and drawings with an uninterrupted, huge emission of artistic material.

eighty+
11-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Sorry about that I'm taking Pills for it

:eek::eek::eek: :) :) :)

justjean
11-08-2011, 01:15 PM
80+, not only should you have a plaque at the eatery you should have one on that bus from whence comes all your delightful drawings :):D:):D

eighty+
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM
hi when got in the bus found I had left my S/Pad at home long Face so read the bus journal:D, right at the last moment thought got my Ipad so gave it a try
very dodgy take to long to explain have a go then u will know yuk yuk this one I'll call unshaven ok the next on called EL BANKO was in the bank sitting in a armchair lovely :D then went into Smith's and got a Sketch pad so done
another 5 was getting dark thought I better go home as its dodgy for an
Old Bodger when its dark YEAH ok 1st 5:cool::cool:

eighty+
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM
ok last 2 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Caesar
11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Better pills than suppositories ... ;):D
Anyway fine new entries! :):):):):)

coops
11-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Love the painted gentleman and the lovely little dog, well done again Eighty:)

kenmo
11-09-2011, 02:41 AM
excellent updates....

eighty+
11-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Hi Jean Sorry I missed you :cool:yes the bus people are thinking of putting
one on my Chest:D:D:confused::eek

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One... yes your right but I don't think they have
worked that out yet , OOO the joy's of PILES :( :eek: :D :D

Hi Katie Katie Coops Thanks but that other bloke is moaning why did I leave him looking Scruffy so I've had to tart him up this morning anything
for a quiet Life :eek: :cool: :D :D :D

When I asked him if he wanted to shave 1st he nearly went bonkers
WHAT its the new MACHO style the Girls love it are u trying to ruin my
Love life so I just shut up and carried on painting :confused: :D :D

eighty+
11-09-2011, 04:19 AM
hi the copy of Slads work dune a bit more thanks to misse who got rid of the pink blob for me still a lot of detail to do but been having trouble with the pens and the layers never sure where i'm at :eek: sometimes I think I'm back in
the canyon shouting QELLE COLOUR MON DIEU'''''''''''CHIO

eighty+
11-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks KEN

today's 1st 5 ok

eighty+
11-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Last two ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

coops
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Dear Eighty, as always great sketches but these are getting better and better. Your strokes are now so confident. Well done and more more more:)

eighty+
11-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Jean :(
Jackie :(
Jacinth :(
Julie :(
Joyce :(
June:(

NAH :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D............... its our Favourite

Katie Katie Coops

Gaia
11-09-2011, 10:20 AM
I totally agree with 'justjean', you should have a plaque on that bus from whence comes all your delightful drawings. Yes man! I love your sketches!

eighty+
11-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Gaia Thanks They have made one Caesar's Carving on it thought I heard

Something like That Will keep the bugger down :eek::D:D:D

eighty+
11-10-2011, 10:07 AM
HI 1st of 5 todays ok

justjean
11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
80+, a great group of interesting and entertaining sketches... :)

eighty+
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
hi 2nd 5 ok

eighty+
11-10-2011, 10:30 AM
hi sorry kept dropping off 3rd 5 ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
11-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Hi. Jean. U slipped between posts when I wasn't looking :D thanks:cool::cool:

Caesar
11-11-2011, 12:12 AM
A real artmachine! I need a guide or a navigator to find a piece after only one or two days! An utmost rich and likeable offer indeed!

eighty+
11-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Hail O Caesar. Funny that I have that problem never no where I'm

At or going too also the date and year never the same it's enough to

Drive yuh silly so u have that problem in Rome as well should be all ok

Now your mate has handed in his gloves :eek Yeah :D:D:D

coops
11-11-2011, 04:20 AM
They all have such interesting faces dear Eighty:), well done again. Now get out on the bus and do more:p

eighty+
11-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Hello Katie Katie Coops Nah haven't found the time yet doing to many
a/mails as got to go to a wedding in Ireland next week and trust me my
passport is out of date gotta go the big tone and get on the fast track with
Luck get a new one on wednesday the weddiing is on the 18th so u can see
its all a bit tight Yeah just had a chat with Monet e's not to appy ok

coops
11-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh bless he must be reading the Finacial Times hehehehe, good luck with the passport. Oh is he reading your application for it????:)

eighty+
11-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Katie Katie KATIE COOPS how did you know its my applcaton :eek::eek:

AT-TA
11-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Good looking Monet, Eighty. Have fun at the wedding. :)

eighty+
11-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks ATTA will do if I get there :D:D

tried a bit of brush practice as i didn't do any bus sketches ok

eighty+
11-12-2011, 02:10 AM
hi done a quick sketch in bed this morning the joy's of the Ipad the bloke

reminded me of Jack Palance don't now why just did :D what I liked was

it was like a charcoal Yeah the other one the girl was on the bus sketching

as is my want :D when this bloke come up slaped a looks like portrait photo

in my hand and asked me to Sketch her and gave me her E/mail address to

send to her I said I'm only a rough Bus Sketcher but he said thats ok So

AS this was my 1st offical engagement I Obliged :eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
11-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi 1st 5 of todays ok 2nd 5 will have to wait as my scots blood is calling

for Porridge with a souson of salt ok :eek:

eighty+
11-12-2011, 08:45 AM
aah thats better glues the stomach bag helps the H/Hernia

2nd 5 ok

eighty+
11-12-2011, 08:56 AM
hi three girls waiting to get on the cash machine's :D:D

in the bank as I sit in my armchair :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
11-13-2011, 01:33 AM
hi fin I think Copy of Slav one with colour change :eek::eek:

my Thanks to Slav and Missie who dung me out of a black hole or

should I say Pink hole :D:D..............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

coops
11-13-2011, 02:19 AM
These sketches are so engaging dear Eighty and the finished painting you should be very proud of. Well done you:)

eighty+
11-13-2011, 09:10 AM
hi Katie Katie Coops this will make u laugh its about a guy who had a
Teapot matt but when showing some friends who said that's not a
teapot matt thats a Mouse Matt :D:D:D ok

right today's 1st of 5 ok

eighty+
11-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi sorry wrong button :D:D

eighty+
11-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi 2nd of 5 ok

eighty+
11-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi 3rd of 5 ok

eighty+
11-13-2011, 09:37 AM
hi last 1 ok

and one from the bank W/C i think well I used the W/C Brush:D:D:D

coops
11-13-2011, 09:41 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats so funny dear Eighty;) Nice sketches again too:)

eighty+
11-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coop glad it made u laugh I Laffed too :cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
11-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi To all my fans sorry as wanted the title but wasn't to be shame as

I was in peak form and raring to go when training this afternoon Blast

I done my ankle that's fate or as some people would say bloody handy !!:ee

kenmo
11-13-2011, 06:03 PM
A very cool sketch.....!!!!:):):):)

Sorry to hear about the ankle.....

eighty+
11-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi Ken Thanks the ankle not so bad as first thought :D but the Doc said

To retire as when they know I've got a weak ankle they will play on it

Shame that it means I never will be a contender:eek::confused::rolleyes:

eighty+
11-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi todays 1st 5 ok

eighty+
11-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Hi 2nd of 5 ok

eighty+
11-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi last 4 ok............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

coops
11-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Hope the ankle is ok Eighty, great sketches again:)

eighty+
11-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks Katie Katie Coops just going to bung in today's Might

Be my last ?? as this flying racket you never know and where I'm

going they don't hand out wings only shovel's:D:D:D if I do make it to

the land of moss or should I say Pete :D:D they tell me to watch out

for the err is it Leprecorn's that's apart from the Guinness :eek::eek:

:D:D:D:D ok today's 1st of 5 :cool::cool:

eighty+
11-15-2011, 09:04 AM
ok 2nd of 5

eighty+
11-15-2011, 09:08 AM
ok last 3 .............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
11-15-2011, 09:40 AM
nothing like a spot of colour before the winter sets in :cool::cool::cool:

coops
11-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Great sketches once again dear Eighty and yes its good to have a splash of colour before winter sets in.
Have a great trip and stay off the Guinness as it may make you see the little people but if you see them shushhhhhhhh dont scare them away. :)
PS Clint says Howdy right back atchya:)

eighty+
11-16-2011, 06:50 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops Yeah That Clint is a right cool ombre Katie :D :D :D :D

today's sketch'es Brain made me work said u aint got time to play :eek:

1st of 5 ok

eighty+
11-16-2011, 07:00 AM
hi Katie H'ombre as that Clint ain't no shader :cool::eek:

2nd of 5 ok

eighty+
11-16-2011, 07:06 AM
3rd of 5 ok

eighty+
11-16-2011, 07:15 AM
hi last 3 hope brain is satisfed Bloody slave driver:mad::p:D

justjean
11-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Holy smokes 80 you have me going from ooh and ahh and awww what with all the goings on and your great sketching. Have a great time at that wedding, bind that ankle up real tight so you can dance the night away :D

eighty+
11-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks Jean I'll try to do my best might even get a few Sketch'es:D:D

the mind boggles but brain is quite happy must be the thought of

swimming in the liffy after e's had enough guinness with a touch of

Irish just to help e said e don't care if e do go blind :eek::eek::eek:

regards E+ brain sez bye

eighty+
11-17-2011, 02:33 AM
H I. Just stood in fronts bucks palace she asked me in but had to

Refuse as time was short got to go to passport office she said ok

eighty+
11-17-2011, 04:03 AM
As I was walking up to the ritz see it's called Caesar 's Ritz e gets everywhere

That Caesar (:-). I heard the clatter of hoofs queenie had sent them after

Me. To tell me that when this way again to pop in and do a quick

Sketch as she had one done by Freund and wasn 't to happy so had the

Three legged Aussie do one very pretty so she would like to see one

Of my rough sketch 'es of her so I said ok but the sands are running out

If I'm this way again I'll give it a Bash ok

Caesar
11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
This gallery gets more and more crowded and Your insight is more and more pronounced in these portraits. I actually start wondering whether they are bus traveller or rather patients You are treating with Your humour, dear Dr. ATPlus the Old - Freund - Freud. :rolleyes::D

coops
11-18-2011, 04:03 AM
Your comments so make me giggle dear Eighty and your sketches are brilliant:)

eighty+
11-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Io say you shouldn't be after waking us fine Irish people up so early in the

Morning. Ok

eighty+
11-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi in. Tipperary ok

D Akey
11-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Irish is it then, Mr. Eight O'Ploos? So how was the weddin'? Was it like one of yer Breughel jobbies?

So ye didn't be tellin' the good Father that his ceilin' needed a new coat o' paint? You could use your sketch-ups on the ceilin' from the saintly bus riders. I saw The Agony and the Ecstasy. Michelangelo used the rough lads from the pub as the saints. Why not the bus folk, eh?

Keep drawing! Ya never know when you'll be called to service.

eighty+
11-26-2011, 02:25 PM
my Thanks to all who have had to put up with my ramblins :eek:

it get's like that when your old :D well that's my excuse anyway :mad:

well you'll be happy to hear I wont be back (did i hear cheering) for a

few days yet as bogged down with paperwork :confused::confused:

Mac bung a couple of Moon river's on my tab
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One the POPE is safe :eek: :D
Katie Katie Coops where Art you my eyes are dim I cannot see:cool:

eighty+
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi 1st of 5 :rolleyes: :eek: :D

eighty+
11-29-2011, 12:35 PM
hi 2nd of 5 ok:cool:

eighty+
11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
ok last 3 as in Irish SLAINTE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

screenpainter
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM
enjoyed seeing all the sketches and the subtle emotions expressed with a line here or there placed perfectly to emote the feelings.

eighty+
11-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Many thanks. SP. I think I hit the bus running or it was all that clean

Irish air that I've been gulping in cos the pencil kept Smashing them

Out, I said hold on but e wouldn't Liston kept saying leave me b I 'm

Enjoying myself :eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D

Mairzie Dotes
11-29-2011, 06:57 PM
eighty+,
Holy smokes! I was out riding the bus while minding my own bee's wax
and next thing I know, the driver just dropped me off here. Good
thing too because it has given me the opportunity to view your latest
group of sketches. Wonderful updates that exhibit their own individual
personalities, emotions. :)

Pardon, did you just say, "Irish?" Bless you! ;)

Caesar
11-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Glad to see You took again the bus, dear mate! :p Delightful new entries.

eighty+
11-30-2011, 07:12 AM
hello Maizie are u be arfter telling me you've Irish bluud in your body :eek:
well I'm just back from a wedding in the emarald Isle can't say much
at the moment as my Irish friends have started me writing about my
jurney from start to fin , and not being like u it can take me a long time
plus a lot about 60 works of art :D:D (my rough sketch'es) then to cap it all
the dreaded 1 finger type writing and they say Luwieg was mad :D:D:D:D

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One see You've bashing the W/Colour looking good ,
now I've got a Passport might try Rome they tell me feb is the best time
to go , so if you see a old goat wandering around the airport take no notice as it will be I:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

Strandy
12-01-2011, 01:20 AM
It's a long way to Tipperary as they say...

62109 (http://ingeb.org/refer/itsalong.MP3)

but it was still worth to go, as we see... :D

eighty+
12-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Strandy Thank you made my Day plus brought tears to my eyes

:o :eek::cool::cool::D:D:D

eighty+
12-01-2011, 04:08 PM
hi sorry fell asleep :D 1st of 5 ok

eighty+
12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
hi this chap had us all laughing the moment he stepped on the bus

coops
12-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Great sketches once again dear Eighty and your pencil strokes are so confident. Keep them coming:)

eighty+
12-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Yeah. Katie Katie Coops yeah I'm still trying to catch up with u all

Still in shock after going into Layer's had to creep out :confused:

eighty+
12-03-2011, 02:22 AM
hi saw j j jugs so had a quick bash on the ipad while laying in bed

thought I'd better call it a abstract yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Caesar
12-03-2011, 02:49 AM
I like particularly these most recent entries of Yours! Bravo!

coops
12-03-2011, 05:04 AM
I have to give you 10 out of 10 for trying anything and everything dear Eighty:)

eighty+
12-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Katie Katie Coops do you realize what you've done :confused: Blimey

You've turned me into a Gloater, I'm not sure if they will let me on the Bus

They'll all be shouting Big Head, my Life is Ruined I'll have to Hang my

Head in shame even my Friends don't talk to me 10 out of 10 me

the boy in the corner :eek: :confused: :( :p :D:D:D:D:D:D:D ----E/S

eighty+
12-03-2011, 03:48 PM
hi 1st 2 ipad ok

eighty+
12-03-2011, 03:54 PM
last 4 ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
12-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Hi woke up at 11.oc grabbed the Ipad to see what was happening
got lumbered by you know who ( Shekofote) so had a go at not taking
pencil off all one line :eek: :D then on to watch the master Washsineer
at pencil sketching blimey I thought I was fast when doing bus sketch's
but e made me feel like the tortoise:( and e's detail is so good where
mine is so scattie but was happy with the thought that time I reach the
ton I'd be better :D then e played some geetar music to calm me down
blimey its gone 4.oc better get some breakfast boiled eggs with toast
finger's than more toast with marmalade as its Saterday D Yeah
than on the way back see this bloke looking at the bus sketch'es
you could see by his expression what e thought :D :D :D :D

mannafig
12-04-2011, 10:48 AM
So many great new sketches dear Eighty:):)

pat1940
12-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi there eighty, missed you and your great creations, was in Canada for a month, so glad to be back, great drawing and paintings you share always:):):):):)

eighty+
12-04-2011, 02:41 PM
hi Pat Nice your back Canada long way to go ? what big game? skiing or
just having a rest from the hot sunshine as they say in Ireland SLAINTE

coops
12-05-2011, 04:23 AM
More great work from you dear Eighty, keep em coming:)

eighty+
12-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Manfig. Manfig sorry meant to answer but me and brain got into a
Argument then I dozed off think it was about the skills you've got but
Appear to have got stuck on smoothies :confused: :eek: :D:D:D

Katie Katie. Coops you're one hell of a task master ok ok just on a short
Break I'm still working on some stuff from the wedding so be a bit pashun
Sorry. Brain is in free fall. :confused: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D---- E/S

eighty+
12-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi J J don't talk about cherries done em bunged in glass then relized
no background :confused: so after a lot of fiddley work got a base
plus half way up the glass was just on the point of finishing when bam
was back at the start :D:D:D so that how I've left it Bloody Cherries:eek:

eighty+
12-06-2011, 03:37 AM
Yeah :d:d:d:d:d:d:d----e/s

eighty+
12-06-2011, 09:52 AM
jeesus man your not still playing with those cherries ???........:o :(

..............yeah

Caesar
12-07-2011, 02:48 AM
I like these paintings. I just hope the red spheres into the glass are cherries, as they look, and not kidney stones ... :D

eighty+
12-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One if and when you get a kidney stone You'll

Soon now the difference Yeah :eek: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

mannafig
12-07-2011, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=eighty+;385274]Manfig. Manfig sorry meant to answer but me and brain got into a
Argument then I dozed off think it was about the skills you've got but
Appear to have got stuck on smoothies :confused: :eek: :D:D:D

You made me smile dear Eighty:D:D
Love the cherries they look yummy:):)

pat1940
12-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Well dear eighty, always look forward to your funny banter and your great painting, always nice to visit you:D:D:D:D

justjean
12-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Well Mr 80+ the cherries and glass look great :D Is that an Irish glass?:D

eighty+
12-07-2011, 07:10 PM
thanks Pat do you know what time it is crikey 5.oc better get to bed

otherwise be time to get up :D:D:D:D

hi jean irish glass dunno got it in a car boot sale is worth anything??:eek:

nah I'm not that lucky :D:D:D:D