PDA

View Full Version : Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

D Akey
02-28-2017, 05:07 PM
Woah! That sketch of the doctor with the stethoscope really says what pain you experienced at his hand. And the poor chap looks like he's on his third straight rotation -- hadn't slept in yonks. Yeesh. Thank the pharmaceuticals. Gotta love mixing physicians and amphetamines. It's called an Oddball.

So, hold up now. What you're telling me is that after a long while in hospital, after a sharp crack to the back, you started balling after which you were wrapped up in a bundle and sent home. Sounds suspiciously to me like you were getting treated in the Maternity Ward, Jimmay. Hint: Next time ask for an epidural. They got them there. Use the drugs. No sense in sufferaging. That's my vote anyway.

So back at home, safe and sound, wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. Who could ask for more. . .except cornflakes. Hope you're feeling better.

PoseDrawSki sez: I have it on good authority that after the pain of childbirth, most all Mothers just remember the joy and forget the pain. Although. . . I'll wager that elective episiotomy smarts tho. May be a little harder for us lads to forget that kind of knifery. Maybe if you look at it like a follow-up circumcision.

Well, Mr Ploos, grab yourself a bowl of cornflakes and in a sort while you'll be as right as rain.

¡Vaya con the joy of life affirming experiences!

Be well, laddie!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
03-01-2017, 04:33 AM
hi think I slept better last night as can't remember it :D:D:D:D ok I been given

Flucloxacillin Pills 500mg 4 times a day for 7 days which looks like stronger pills to me

Well I hope so:):) some more sketch'es from IPad ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
03-02-2017, 02:23 AM
Hi much the same legs still on fire, last night I did try to Sketch from telly ok

CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
03-02-2017, 02:25 AM
sorry I got lost CIAO

D Akey
03-02-2017, 04:04 AM
Oh man. . . Really sorry to hear about the legs. Sounds serious. You alright? Sleeping okay? Meds aren't helping?

Feel better, mate.

eighty+
03-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Hi Capt'n Mac thanks legs much the same and seem to be half asleep all the time seems

as if I'm paying for thinking I could Draw :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
03-03-2017, 01:16 PM
In pain. But hanging on in there ;). :D:D:D

Caesar
03-03-2017, 11:34 PM
I'm so sorry for Your pain to the legs, I undestand. Isn't there something which might alleviate it? Or some reliable and not risky sort of intervention which might help restore better blood circulation, it that's the case?
I know Your a strong guy, but I really wish You don't have to prove it all over the time. Moreover Your painting production would inevitably suffer too .... and that's a pity for us! Keep going, my friend! Actually You're our most admirable reference in here!

eighty+
03-04-2017, 12:10 AM
Hail o Caesar O Mighty One thanks for your kind thoughts. the ditrict nurse's has just called and
Rewrapped the legs. So just taken. Painkillers to help subdue the pain, had a bad night finding its
Hard to sleep but seem to doze. All day ok. CIAO. STATTE. BBUONO Si. Si. SLAINTE

D Akey
03-05-2017, 02:50 AM
Got the nurses coming by to your home then? You work fast, MacPloos. But then you always been a bit of the Jack the Lad.

This sounds pretty challenging with the legs, mate. You keep your spirits up. You're getting good health care sounds like. Sorry for the pain. Shows what a tough bird you are.

Keep us posted and keep painting.

PoseDrawSki sez: Right. I've personally called the BBC 1, 2 3 and 4, and they've agreed to keep broadcasting so you have plenty of models to sketch. How's that for the whole nation behind you!

¡Vaya con pretty little nurses all in a row!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
03-05-2017, 06:56 AM
Hi. Capt'n Mac yes the D/Nurse has just rewrapped the legs rather painful talk about bite the bullet I
Must have bitten threw a cannon Ball. I did say the painkillers. Are not making much difference so she said
Ring the doc for stronger. Painkillers. But just my luck the surgery is closed sat/Sunday so looks as if I've
Got to suffer in silence :D:D:D:D:D. CIAO. SLAINTE

eighty+
03-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Hi today i've felt a slight improvment with my legs and the district/Nurse said she
Will book me at Physio's so its like a visit to the attic so in the gloom and darkness
with the light from a candle Might just find an old skipping rope amongst the junk I've
Stached over the years as you never know what your going to find in fact I normaly
forget what i was looking for as get
sorry feel asleep

D Akey
03-09-2017, 10:06 PM
Good on ya, laddie! You'll be skipping rope, pummeling the speed bag, and then on to the intense roadwork like that other champion, Rocky Road all while green-pated matron there munches bon bons whilst reading a trashy romance. And ye best mind when she peers over her book at ya and barks an occasional order. . . "Faster man! Faster! It's all about timing your footwork! Go man go!!!!!!!"

And you best listen this time. . . as we're getting ye into fighting trim. . .

¡Vaya con intense training!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::p:p:p:p:p:cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
03-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Thanks. Capt'n Mac. Just woke up. 19.40 and not sure what day I'm in ok. Ar yes I'm in the

Evening yeah it's. The legs twanging so must time for a painkiller ok CIAO. HASTA. LA. VISTA SLAINTE

Caesar
03-11-2017, 01:22 AM
I see Your tribute to Your nurse seen as a wingles white angel .... Wish You all the best to feel better and better!

eighty+
03-11-2017, 04:17 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks I'm just waiting for the District Nurse who will

rewrappe my legs again the left one will be a bit painful as it leaks so the wrapings

get stuck ok thanks for calling. some from My IPad ok CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si Si

SLAINTE

eighty+
03-12-2017, 01:49 AM
hi legs twanking must B close to my next Pills ok a few from IPad ok CIAO SLAINTE

D Akey
03-13-2017, 12:09 AM
Well, as they said in the 60s, keep the faith, Baby! Might say it in the Eighties + as well.

so this last round looks a lot better.
hope that means less pain.

Be well, Laddie!

AndreaMG
03-13-2017, 06:26 AM
Hope you're feeling better, Love the biker painting being one myself :p

eighty+
03-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Hi. Capt'n Mac. Yeah wasn't to painfull today all depends on what nurse you get they all do a good jump. But some are more heavy handed then others :D

Hi Andy Yes I like your two birds the little one in pitcular. Did look at the link quickly but will have
Another look later ok

To you both. Thanks CIAO. STATTE. BBUONO. Si. Si. SLAINTE

eighty+
03-15-2017, 09:28 PM
Hi up early hopeing the district / Nurse will come this morning as still painful ok

yeah still taking from the IPad gallery as not ready to paint might B another 2 weeks

yet before U have to put up with my Rubbish:D:D:D:D:D:D:D OK CIAO SLAINTE

Caesar
03-16-2017, 02:34 AM
Looking at Your colors I'd say You still have some lively twinges of pain, but not really so unbearable to breach Your witty mood!
Glad You're at work and hopefully well, dear mate!

eighty+
03-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Hello medic. Thanks You. Have made my day :D:D:D.

Hail. O Caesar O Mighty. One. Yeah still. Biting the bullet the D/Nurse come this morning To.

Rewrappe. The legs. Look like another 2 weeks. As seems to take a long time heal ok. Thanks

For looking in. OK. To you both. CIAO. STATTE. BBUONO. SI. SI. SLAINTE

D Akey
03-18-2017, 07:42 AM
When you have your legs wrapped, it's baby steps back to health. Sounds like you have good health care. Hang in there, shipmate. Studio painting's just the thing for when the pins are healing. That way the time will be less an issue and you'll have a good focus. That way the body knows you want to rebuild for joy and vitality in the body as it knits.

¡Vaya con painting away, Jimmay!

eighty+
03-19-2017, 11:44 PM
ok the legs wrapped friday comes again monday AL come my nieghbour and cleared

all my rubbish out and I don't mean my paintings ;) ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D went to bed

early 8.30pm friday as didn't feel so good fevrish had a rough night saturday much the

same bed early again woke at 1am rest of the night seemd like cat -napping got up at

7.30am felt slightly better and Started replying to Capt'n Mac but the football come on

so watched it ;);):D my temp feel high at the moment ok so I finnish CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
03-22-2017, 06:39 AM
Hi sorry the feet are burning. the last was a try as I havn't painted for some weeks
and wih 5.3 was up the wall so Wont try until the legs are better ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
03-23-2017, 12:27 AM
hi yep still raiding the IPad gallery ok CIAO SLAINTE

Caesar
03-23-2017, 02:15 AM
I'm really sorry for Your legs pain and burning feet.
The only positive consideration is that they are less close to Your head than other parts and that Your arms and hands are working well, since You're still working hard and You often get, from Your spontaneous outcomes, very interesting and unique pieces, as for shape or colors.
Thank You and wish You all the best, old chap!;):cool:

eighty+
03-23-2017, 06:49 AM
:D.
Hail o Caesar O Mighty One. Thank you the legs a feeling a bit better. So another

2 weeks and I might be walking. Without the walking sticks then can try to get

With Artrage. 5.3. Ok. CIAO. STATTE. BBUONO. Si. Si. SLAINTE

D Akey
03-23-2017, 07:23 AM
Wow. Back to doing your Fred Astaire, eh, lad? Good for you. Yeah, got to get pain free. Very encouraging. Also the bit about diving into the new version of ArtRage. That should be nice and sweet. . . and probably a little maddening, since it's new.

PoseDrawSki sez: Get a prescription from the doctor to get that nurse with the heavy hand out of her kit so you can paint 'er a good one. Tell 'er it's for medicinal purposes only. If you have to, remind her of her hippie-cratic oath - to relieve illness and malady. And if she's wondering what your malady is, show her your latest drawings. She'll know you mean business. Got to get you pain free so you can focus.

¡Vaya with cause to kick up your heels!

-- and the heels to do it too!!!!!

eighty+
03-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Hi Capt'n Mac. Had a good nights sleep the first in weeks. So that must B a sign :). As for my IPad

Gallery Paintings. I'm close to running out. Might B enough for 2 more days so will seach in the

bus sketch'es as for artrage 5.3. It looks way out and too complicated for this old sod so when

Back painting again May be 2/3 weeks time. And got my Jarvis leggings on and ready to paint

I will go back to 4.5.10 Were I'm more used to and leave 5.3. To the hi-Tec boys OK tell

POZDRAWSKI my last D/Nurse. Was of South afican oringen. And as much as I'vr tried never

Had a successful outcome ok. CIAO. SLAINTE

eighty+
03-24-2017, 06:03 AM
Hi the 1st one I tried 5.3 is part of an old chap with a book and pen talking to

an angel ok but blown up on IPad so only part head ok

danny72
03-24-2017, 06:54 AM
Hey.. I understand that you had a rough time behind you. (Or maybe still have) problems with you legs,right..I hope everything is going better for you now.. still painting and drawing at least 😊That's good!

eighty+
03-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Thanks Danny yeah as they say The legs have it all my own fault as was told by our artist friend
In s/America To make sure To get up and walk for ten minutes in every hour. And I've been told
He is a Heart surgeon Ok so take note our you might end up with legs like mine painful that's the
Drawback of digital painting So when legs are back to more or less normal I might try paiinting on
the easel. On canvas with oil or may be fix the Wacom at shoulder height so wouldn't be sitting at
The moment it's all in my mind ok. Thanks for calling. Danny CIAO. SLAINTE

eighty+
03-27-2017, 01:44 AM
Hi 1 I started befor the legs took over so tried today to finnish ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
03-27-2017, 02:17 AM
a try from a ref, photo NZ wellington ok CIAO SLAINTE

AndreaMG
03-27-2017, 08:40 AM
Are you on vacation in NZ?? Looks great. Hope you'll get better with those legs of yours. Ciau and HASTA LA VISTA :cool:

eighty+
03-27-2017, 09:38 AM
Hi Andy Me in NZ you must B Yoking takes me all my time to walk 20 pace's

and thats with the help of my 2 Walking Sticks ok Andy CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
03-29-2017, 05:35 AM
Hi yeah still finding a few in my IPad gallery ok CIAO SLAINTE

gxhpainter
03-29-2017, 07:09 AM
Hi eighty+ its been a while since I checked in with you and caught up on your travails with legs... but I admire your spirit and the will to keep working. I was really amazed at some of the works you pulled out of your gallery, especially the use of colors and very bold graphic work... I don't know how I missed that period in your artistic evolution but I think they are some FANTASTIC work my friend. Take care and keep painting.. I like
your idea of putting the ipad on an easel so you can stand up more... I had that idea a while ago and found there are actually quite a few tripods ( like used for a camera ) that have an attachment just
for ipad as more and more people are using it to take pictures and videos with.. If you like I can send you the links to some of the ones that might work for you. :):):)

D Akey
03-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Gadzooks, MacPloos! You just got Sabena's old bug, complete with a Portuguese ladybug on it's stern! What a treasure! All you need is a charioteer to drive as you stand there sketching like Ramses the 80 plooseth, the original Brighton Boos Pharaoh. So grab your wax tablet and stylus and off ye get hunting up models.

eighty+
03-29-2017, 10:38 PM
Hi. Gary but I only use the IPad for fun stuff and a bit
Of practice other wise I'm on the Wacom which is about 5 times
The size of the IPad and quiet heavy so will need something strong
To support it. Ok but thanks for your offer. but the Joy of the IPad
Is U you draw with the finger no need for a pen where as the Wacom
I have 3 pen,s. 1 gripe ....1Tec ....and a air brush which has a wheel
Not that I use all of them too complicated for this Old Sod OK CIAO

Hi. Capt'n Mac. Thanks for the thought I would love to B a Charoiteer. Driving round
Brighton behind 2 white horses but sorry to say I think I'll B House bound for at least
2 more weeks so my 2 white Horses will B 2 walking sticks:eek::eek::D

Too U both. CIAO. SLAINTE

D Akey
03-30-2017, 03:45 PM
Hi. Capt'n Mac. Thanks for the thought I would love to B a Charoiteer. Driving round
Brighton behind 2 white horses but sorry to say I think I'll B House bound for at least
2 more weeks so my 2 white Horses will B 2 walking sticks:eek::eek::D

Right then, I'll personally drive your chariot and you can lean against the rail poking pedestrians with your legendary stylus. I'll put on the CD player the March of the Charioteers from Ben Hur. All pomp and regalia. What else for a heroic artist, eh? Time for a jolly dazzling romp, wot? Give 'em something to talk about.

¡Vaya con a team of white steeds and a mobile device!

eighty+
03-30-2017, 10:08 PM
H i Capt'n Mac Thanks sounds great we'd great a hell of Baloo on the Seafront

but we'll have to wait till Easter Sunday when it will be packed with holiday makers

and who knows the leg,s may be back working again by then OK CIAO SLAINTE

justjean
04-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Hello 80+ sorry to read that your legs are still acting up. Enjoyed the browse through your paintings :D

D Akey
04-02-2017, 07:05 PM
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!

And they're off. . .

Charioteer Ben Ploos Riding the PLOOS BOOS is coming up fast, closing on the leader. . .

PoseDrawSki sez: "Go LADDIE GO!!!!!! I bet the farm on ye, mate! Show 'em what a proper Brighton Chappie's made of!!!!"

Pump them legs!!!!!

¡¡¡¡¡¡Vaya con four horses under the hood to VICTORY!!!!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D: D:D:D

eighty+
04-03-2017, 03:55 AM
thanks Jean. The legs are slowing getting better the nurses are still coming to wrap them but the sharp
Pain has gone just a sleight burn feeling now so by the end this week they might leave the wrapping off.
I hope ok. How are you now still ok. Regards Ploos :D

Hi Capt'n Mac. That was close I got threw on the inside. I'm now out of breath from holding

The cup up in the air. And tell POZDRAWSKI his farm is safe ok got to move or hide as I'm

Being Spayed with Champange. :D:D:D.

To U both. CIAO. SLAINTE

AndreaMG
04-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Haha love that 80+ bus, GO MAN GO!!! :o:cool::o:cool::p;):):D

eighty+
04-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Hi Andy yeah U can trust. Capt'n Mac to get me up and running it was a rough rides and I think

I only won As the leader lost his rear wheels on the last bend so enable me to. Win. :D:D:D

Ok. CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-04-2017, 01:19 AM
Hi. Nurse just been. And done blood pressure tests on legs and arms to see if I.m still kicking. And

She was amazed and me too but recons at least another month be for I can play football again

So won't B top goal scorer this year. :(:(. Ok. CIAO. SLAINTE

D Akey
04-04-2017, 09:09 AM
I'm dictating into my cell phone, so if I screw up the typing here, complain to Apple.

Mac plus, that's the best news I've heard in Yonks! So I tell you what you should do, when the nurse comes to unwrap your leggings, you should be playing strip poker. That way, you lose a little bandage, she looses a stocking. This is a tradition among my people. Especially at camp with the girls. I figure you could use some time for recreation, in the spirit of you re-creating your legs and feet.
So keep your sketchpad at the ready, because she might get chilly and move before you get your sketch in.
!Vaya con dazzling the nurse with your fancy footwork and your ability to cheat at poker!!!
:cool:

eighty+
04-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Ho Ho HO Cap'tn Mac I see even at my ripe old age your still trying to lead me astray

with the Nurse'es ;) :D:D :D:D:D:D:D

this if you would belive it is the Rehearsal by Degaas in the Glasgow City Museums

On IPad mitt Finger :D:D:D:D:D

Caesar
04-05-2017, 09:19 PM
You look in a sort of experimental mode, searching for Your core style elements ... Glad to see Your usual energy and I hope You're in a good period with Your health.

eighty+
04-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One thanks for looking in yes the legs are improving day by day

and I got a card from Juv asking would I be ok in May as a 2nd striker and I replyed

June would be better as I would need May to get back into top form which U can

understand Yes ;) :D :D

ok I'm having a go at Edgar's Rehearsal on the Wacom with Artrage 5.0,4 Jeeze

its hard for this old godger but will only try a bit every day so it might take me a week

to finnish it I was going to show it day by day but when tried ioday it said invalad file

so I'm confused ok CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si SI SLAINTE

Caesar
04-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One thanks for looking in yes the legs are improving day by day

and I got a card from Juv asking would I be ok in May as a 2nd striker and I replyed

June would be better as I would need May to get back into top form which U can

understand Yes ;) :D :D

ok I'm having a go at Edgar's Rehearsal on the Wacom with Artrage 5.0,4 Jeeze

its hard for this old godger but will only try a bit every day so it might take me a week

to finnish it I was going to show it day by day but when tried ioday it said invalad file

so I'm confused ok CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si SI SLAINTE

OK then. We'll ask Verratti, James Rodriguez and Matuidi not to come to Juve, since You'll be in time for next season and it will be more than enough to pay for Your wage ... the team mood at least will for sure raise since the first training session. LOL:o;)

eighty+
04-06-2017, 04:39 AM
O O OW Where have all the Dancer's gone ?? yeah they all gone Coffee break I

Recon :D:D OK now I've got to find out why its so small :( :( :confused::confused:

OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS yeah had to call him in to help me out Ok SLAINTE

OW I see its come out Bigger then I thought :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
04-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Hi Yeah had the legs rewraped today next time monday ok sunny day hsd to open

all the windows so I was engulfed in freash air :D:D, then ASDA come with my food

so I'm ok for the week-end :) tried to bung in some ballet dancers but had trouble

with the rubber I trid to set to 3 but it kept jumping back to 32 so I gave up and

had a Doze ok CIAO SLAINTE

D Akey
04-07-2017, 12:35 PM
PoseDrawSki Sez: When in doubt, sleep it out, shipmate.

or say we say among my people: "Leave them alone and they will come home, wagging their tutu's behind them."

Well done. And Looking spiffy.

¡¡¡Vaya con a foot on De Gas!!!

eighty+
04-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Thanks. Capt'n Mac. Hope it will look better when the lot in the right corner are in and the dancing

Master then will look at the 1st lot again to improve I hope. As hard to see but makes me relized

How good Edgar Degas was at drawing even thou he must have used a camera in the first place

More or less what i'm trying to do now. Ok. CIAO. SLAINTE

Caesar
04-07-2017, 11:07 PM
Hi, pal! Since You're back Full Force, I would propose You to look for the following XIX century Venitians, one was possibly the last "vedutista" (Canaletto style), another one a masterful realist and colorist painter and the last one, very famous and successful in Paris, a quite valuable artist also abroad:

Guglielmo Ciardi
Ettore Tito
Federico Zandomeneghi

They come all from the ancient and renowned Venitian School who had since ever most of the best painters ever, and a unique fame for vivid colors and colored harmonies of most of its representatives along the centuries.

eighty+
04-08-2017, 12:39 AM
HaiI O Caesar O Mighty one Thanks I've looked at all Three all great Artist's but at the

moment I prefer Enttore Tito ok if you fancy landscape paintings have a look at these

by michael cruickshank he's realy good ok I've done a bit more on the rehearsal but more to

do but finnished for today as got to think of the legs now ok CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si SI

SLAINTE

eighty+
04-08-2017, 04:35 AM
Hi Done a few touches so I'm calling it FINN OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-08-2017, 07:34 AM
yeah I'm back ;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:goo d for the Neck

eighty+
04-08-2017, 07:48 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DI like it Eff :confused::confused::confused:

eighty+
04-08-2017, 09:39 PM
well I keep trying but feel that I'm up the creek with no paddle :D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Hi a practise one to see if it comes out OK ?? CIAO SLAINTE

Yep ok :D:D:D:D

eighty+
04-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Hi tried sketching again today a bit rough but at least I'm Drawing again CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-09-2017, 11:25 PM
Hi A copy Of Michael Cruickshanks painting The Path Home CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-10-2017, 03:43 AM
Hi Trying the 2nd of Caesar's rekconmend's ok CIAO SLAINTS

eighty+
04-10-2017, 03:45 AM
Hi Trying the 2nd of Caesar's rekconmend's ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Hi A we bit more while watching the Golf :D:D:D:D:D:D::D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Hi Up early the right leg wouldn't let me sleep any longer so finnished the painting

ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-11-2017, 05:25 AM
HI had the legs wrapped today then again thursday ok, had to put more paper on the

bottom as the garden would have been to short OK CIAO SLAINTE

Caesar
04-11-2017, 10:09 PM
It looks like I triggered Your last burst of paintings and I rejoyce.
I looked at the good old Mikey as You suggested, a contemporary watercolorist I understand. I always admire artists who masterfully use watercolors and that's one of them. His paintings are calm and placid, lovely and relaxing, since he doesn't use too bold and clashing colors, as it happens sometimes with many contemporary watercolorists using and abusing modern high-chroma colors and pigments.
His palettes though, are quite different from what Mediterraean lights would require, so are pretty different from that of Venitian vedutisti (that is the ones who used to paint Venitian views or landscapes of its surroundings).

eighty+
04-12-2017, 01:55 AM
Hael O Caesar O Mighty One yes U got me moving again Thank U. Sorry about the

Side view of Ettore tito one, I did try to sort but at the moment I'm lost with 5.0.4

pleased u looked at mike's stuff the one I tried I put in The yellow and purple Fields

as I noticed when last time out in the country side that the farmers have Planted

Rape Seed I think thats what its called?? which came as a shock when I first saw It :eek:

Yes I think Mike paints in all mediums ok CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si Si SLAINTE

eighty+
04-12-2017, 06:03 AM
Hi 1 I had forgot ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Hi A quick rough sketch as a Starter ok CIAO SLAINTE

IThink. The Origenal. Is in Pastel. Ok

Caesar
04-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Awful new batch of paintings, dear ATPlus!
I rejoyce for both Your artpieces and for Your sensibly improved health situations, as I would expect considering Your renewed energy and wit!

eighty+
04-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Hael O Caesar O Mighty One I see U were up early today. yes I've got to be careful as

when Drawing and Painting I forget the time which is not good for the Legs so will

have to remember them If I want to see The Ton out as their Popping off all around

me now:eek::eek::D:D:D:D. Ok I've bunged some more paint on Matiie :cool:

OK CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si Si SLAINTE

eighty+
04-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Hi Decided to knock it out ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-13-2017, 01:00 AM
Hi blimey this one took me back a few years not that I ever caught much but good fun

Ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-13-2017, 07:42 AM
Hi Don't worry the Roll's is parked just out of site, and the boot a hamper full of

goodies like Smoked salmon sandwhiches on brown bread with a touch lemon juice

a couple of tubs of potted shrimps plus strawberies with rich Devon cream also clotted

thick cream lots of grapes and 2 magnums of champagne Mumm ok :D:D:D

CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
04-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Hi A quick starter ok CIAO SLAINTE got to Walk ok

eighty+
04-14-2017, 02:41 AM
A Ruined House ?? Well it will be time I get finnished with it ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

OK IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Caesar
04-14-2017, 03:07 AM
Impressive rate of production indeed!
You will soon complete all known painting masterpieces existing around the world!:eek:;):o LOL
You certainly got more colorful with these last ones. Great!

eighty+
04-14-2017, 05:06 AM
Hael O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks but I'm still fighting shy of the oil brush :(:(

This next one thats if comes out ok as I done a resize any way will see if U look at the

arigenal you will see that I'm trying to do it as two pictures and also cut some of the sky

and the sandy foreground to try to enlarge the day Trippers as I'm having to see

them all which is not easy ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS STATTE BBUONO Si Si

SLAINTE

Well its come out ok the right half that is :D:D:D:D

eighty+
04-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Hi my eyes are dim so I can't see who's there on the beach even Caesar could B there

and I wouldn't now I'll ask Ciardi he might now?? ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-15-2017, 12:12 AM
Hi Leg Break ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-15-2017, 04:14 AM
Ok OK so its a smash job as could spend hours on it and the legs wont stand for it ok

thats my excuse anyway ;) :D :D :D CIAO SLAINTE Yeah and I forgot to put

Caesar in, but I may still !! in the other half of the picture OK :D:D:D

eighty+
04-15-2017, 06:14 AM
Hi Bunged a bit more paint on her Ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-15-2017, 09:36 AM
Hi Capt'n Mac I don't now if U remmeber me thinking of trying to paint on the Wacom

Standing up so I would'nt be sitting down well i tryed tonight had to tilt the Wacom

back slightly so when standing up it worked ok as i was about arms lenth from the

and my screen and as my tec pen is about 6in long so it was go go go ok u can

The result now the only trouble is now apart from the legs I now have a Back ach

as well :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
04-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Hi it looks as if I'm Due back at the ruined house then :(:(:(:(:(:(:( CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-16-2017, 05:48 AM
Hi Well as far as I know its still Standing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-17-2017, 05:25 AM
Hi Sorry took a long time TV Football bike's on track Snooker then F1 Thats Why

OK CIAO SLAINTE

gxhpainter
04-17-2017, 07:28 AM
Nice painting eighty+ just wanted to wish you Happy Easter:)

eighty+
04-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Thaanks Gary But I'm. Of the age when every day is the same as the one before as they slip by

But thank you for nice thought. Regards. Ploos

D Akey
04-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Well, I think it was a success, MacPloos old bean! Standing at the tablet and so forth. Sure you have a back ache. You haven't used those muscles in a long while, I'll bet. So they're wondering what your brain's up to and what they're expected to do in future.

PoseDrawSki sez: Ach and hoot, laddie! All your muscles are under organized labor and the Shop Rep called for a sit-down strike for better hours. Time to call in arbitration.

Yeah, but the results are fabulous because you don't fall asleep and drift and get all bored, and that good attention shows.

Go man go!!!!!!!!!!!

¡Vaya con moving them muscles!

Use that body, laddie lest they send the work to another country.

eighty+
04-18-2017, 12:02 AM
Hi Capt'n Mac I'm just waiting for the Nurse to come and wrap the legs ok as its monday

yes I'm still on walking Sticks:D:D:D otherwise ok blimey would U adam an eve it I must

have fallen asleep while replying its 12oc CIAO SLAINTE :confused:

eighty+
04-18-2017, 03:15 AM
Sorry I was confused Capt'n Mac as I was told it is Easter :eek::eek::o

eighty+
04-18-2017, 07:32 AM
A quickie while the Plaza bounces around my brain:D:D:D OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Hi Ok I've called it the Seaweed Gathers as cound'nt find it :D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-18-2017, 10:06 PM
Hi Time for Porridge now ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Hi This One is thanks to Daniel Aubert for letting me copy ok

Daniel Sorry I could'nt do the feeder's as you were useing Layer's which I'm

Lost with ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-20-2017, 11:55 AM
hi A quick starter ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-20-2017, 09:29 PM
hi A quick starter ok CIAO SLAINTE

Hi a touch More OK CIAO SLAINTE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
04-21-2017, 08:07 AM
OK OK the legs have CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-22-2017, 01:09 AM
Hi I Finnished The Girls But they wont tell who Won incase I ask for a few Sheckels:D:D

OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Hi Quick Sketch ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Hi Time for a quick Sandwhich and a Coffee ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-23-2017, 03:16 AM
Hi I'm not sure who the artist is but I liked it cause its like a pastel OK SLAINTE

eighty+
04-23-2017, 10:29 AM
Hi time to watch Football Ok CIAO SLAINTE

scribbledsoul
04-23-2017, 07:07 PM
Great stuff as always! :)

~ Scribbles

eighty+
04-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Thanks. Scribbles. Sorry late in reply but i Slept most of Sunday even when watching

Snooker. Ok. Scrib. CIAO. IVAYA. CON DIaOS. SLAINTE

eighty+
04-25-2017, 01:42 AM
Hi sorry I've forgot Her name will see if I can find it ok Its a Starter No1 ok

had trouble with the tools today ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Sofonisba Anguissola

eighty+
04-26-2017, 06:41 AM
a little more as I keep falling asleep ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Hi I've Finished her at last sorry for being so long but my right leg is throbing ok

eighty+
04-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Hi sorry forgot who by ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-28-2017, 10:43 PM
hi Snooker is on OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-29-2017, 04:38 AM
Hi forgot the artist will try to find OK CIAO SLAINTE

found artist Maarten Van Heemskerek St Luke painting the Virgin and child ok

but i see I've only got half the Picture :D:D:D

eighty+
04-30-2017, 12:05 AM
Hi does the hoss look to long :D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
04-30-2017, 01:30 AM
Hi ok just a touch up where I'd Missed :( :( CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-01-2017, 06:51 AM
Hi I think it might a bit of polishing ok CIAO SLAINTE

scribbledsoul
05-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Love these latest pieces! You really do well with the classical style. Keep on painting!

~ Scribbles ;)

eighty+
05-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Hi S/Soul i Liked the bit of lady Godiva riding bare back on her Hoss ok Just looked at

the full Picture befor it was cut in half so will change some of the colur also the chap

up the back as i think I missed him ok

L Skylar Brown
05-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Regardless of what might be said, Classicism is magnetic.

eighty+
05-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Thanks. Skylar. Yes. It's amazing the artist I never heard of its like finding. Treasure I'm a bit

Sloppy in my drawing but sometimes I'm. Not sure ? Like the palate in st Luke's hand as first

Looking I thought it was a music stand :D:D but thanks as from you I read you had been in italy

training in art Ok which makes me. Envious congrats CIAO. IVAYA. CON. DIOS. SLAINTE

eighty+
05-02-2017, 01:33 AM
HI Watching P Fogg round the world in eighty days a good film for the extras :D:D:D

Ok done a bit on St Luke

eighty+
05-02-2017, 06:39 AM
Hi Done a touch more Ok as there was Snooker on the box ;) :D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-03-2017, 12:25 AM
Hi Coffee Time plus walk the Legs for 1o minutes oK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

She's wearing so much Tarten is she a Scot ??

eighty+
05-03-2017, 04:51 AM
Hi Feeling tired Finnish Tomorrow OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

gxhpainter
05-03-2017, 05:57 AM
wow this is a very complex painting eighty+... but love the brush work and colors.. doing clothing and drapery
is always challenging.. hope your doing well... was great to see Robyn ( copespeak ) checking in again!..

eighty+
05-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Hi Gary Thanks well today I've Finnished their face'es I wish I'd seen the full picture

first so I could have painted it as one instead of the two half'es :( ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-04-2017, 01:06 AM
Hi I've chopped some off the Angels legs as Angels Float as we all know ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-04-2017, 03:25 AM
A try with Wax/chalk/pastel or whateve U want to call it by Nicola teahin as far as i could

ok read ok a practise ok

Thanks CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
05-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Hi Starter but I'm cutting out the Picture frame OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-05-2017, 03:18 AM
Hi Had the legs wrapped this morning and she's taken a swab of the right leg so they can

check to make sure its not infected ok so I'll try to keep on my legs which is not easy

:eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

D Akey
05-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Looking good, MacPloos!

So what's up with the legs getting wrapped. Does the nurse play rap music while she unspools ya?

So if you have to get on your feet more, then you have to do it, old son.

Your paintings are looking good. I see you got back into Nicolai Fetchin. Good style.

Well, as they say in the sewing circle: "Knit well, pearl two."

¡Vaya con a charcoal flourish!

eighty+
05-05-2017, 11:58 PM
Blimey The return of the prodigal Son A.W.O.L or have you been down on the beach

chaseing the chicks ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D CIAO HASTA LA VISTA

IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE Vous ave la chance mon Ami

eighty+
05-06-2017, 06:50 AM
A quick rough ketch ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

D Akey
05-06-2017, 01:41 PM
I can see you're all in and going for Baroque!

Fantastic laddie! Hope the legs are better every day. Now stand the heck up on your two feet like they said! Get that blood circulating.

My step-father's legs have gotten so bad I had to carry him on my back down some steep outdoor steps when we visited his son on the hill. Carried him down the steps. Guess that's what step-sons do. We step for the old codgers. 92 y/o. I don't mind a bit. Was surprised I could do it and not have us taking a Jack and Jill.

Good artwork, lad!

¡Vaya con some right high stepping!

eighty+
05-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Hi Capt'n Mac thanks for the correct name (Nicolai Fetchin )so I could go on google

to see his work i might copy a few later after the biblecal scene;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good to hear U didn't do a Jack and jill:eek::eek::)CIAO HASTA LA VISTA SLAINTE

eighty+
05-06-2017, 11:51 PM
Ok I can look at Fitchen now ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-07-2017, 04:20 AM
Hi I thought I was on N.Fitchin work but this is by Jeff Watts ?? ok my 1st try with the

oil Brush CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
05-08-2017, 12:51 AM
Hi Having tried the oil brush on the last one and was happy with the result thought

I would try and stick with it instead of my Fav the air brush ok so tried a rough sketch

proir to painting and found I could juggle the oil brush so then carried on with the

sketching as if it was pencil I didn't relize that the paper colour wasn't white when

sketching it was only when I finnished that I decided to bung some light blue around the

head that the paper wasn't white:D:D then bunged some reddiish on the colour now

i'm wondering if I should go the whole Hog as a Painting ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Yeah the Joys of a answerphone :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-09-2017, 06:01 AM
Hi Yoann yes I did remember you said some time ago that it was ok to copy your

work so I've done the 2d Serge Gainsbourg thank you great practise for me

you force me to see things that I would'nt notice before ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS

SLAINTE

eighty+
05-09-2017, 11:42 AM
A quick Starter OK :D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Hi Sorry about all the blue as thought I would put the the background colour in 1st as

a try OK just to let U know CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
05-10-2017, 03:29 AM
Hi think football today Juv >< Monaco 7pm I hope :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-10-2017, 04:31 AM
Hi A quick rough Starter befor football I hope ?? CIAO SLAINTE

danny72
05-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Hi Yoann yes I did remember you said some time ago that it was ok to copy your

work so I've done the 2d Serge Gainsbourg thank you great practise for me

you force me to see things that I would'nt notice before ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS

SLAINTE great copy of Mr Yoann lori's ,drawing,Mr 80+👏👏👏👏👍👍👍

eighty+
05-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Hi afraid I was confused about football :( so done another Russian to fill up the time ok

Hi Danny Thanks for your complement as you know I'm not a Caricatures's it more of a

challenge for me to try to copy I supose U could call me a copy artist with no ideas of

my own or just to old to bother:D:D:D ok Yes I did one of yours that Sweddish

footballer but wasn't that good :(:D but thats not saying that iI wont try again if i see

one that i feel like doing ok REgards PLOOS CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Hi Quick Starter ok as football is on ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Hi Well thats not a lot you can do on a snow scene is there ;) :D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-11-2017, 03:45 AM
Hi I've done a few bits that I hadn't seen ok and also took a leaf out of Gary's

book And framed the picture ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-11-2017, 06:15 AM
Hi this one had me confused as I couldn't make out wether they were in a field of tcebergs

or standing On frozen jetty your guess is as good as mine OK CIAO SLAINTE

OW yeah is that a bulard on the right were the force of water coming up makes it look like a fountain???

Enug
05-12-2017, 01:57 AM
Looks like they are going to be washed away!!;);)

Mr Ploos, I didn't want to hijack Rondo's thread but here is how you can slow down the YouTube videos.

92851 92852

eighty+
05-12-2017, 08:48 AM
thanks June your an Angle the way you keeps looking after me ok I will try Thanks again Ploos

eighty+
05-13-2017, 07:46 AM
HELP I've. Lost. The. Internet.??? :(. :(. Ok. CIAO. SLAINTE

But ok on the IPad

eighty+
05-13-2017, 11:54 PM
Yes. I'm still not on the Internet Ok. But iI can still paint. So I've Finn. The freedom One. And

Started. Jane Jones. Standing in front of her. Paintings 2/3 fnnished ok. But at the moment I'm

All at sea. With no Paddle. As I can't. Post. ok. :confused: :( :(. :eek: :eek: :eek:

D Akey
05-14-2017, 03:12 AM
Ach and hoot, laddie! What do you mean you've lost the internet. Have you looked in your pants pocket? Sometimes it slips between the sofa cushions.

PoseDrawSki Sez: Should no ha'e kicked tha cat. He went an' 'id 'em to get even, as 'appens when ye get a foul called on yer good self.

Ah den'nay knows what ye mean tho, all said an' done. You're managing ta post. Tha' requires the internet, don't it?

Di' ye 'appen to lose the bill an' forget ta pay oop? Ha'e ye been scorchin' the lines wif all yer eager beaver postin'?

Well, I 'ope yer back oop all present an' correct as is yer national 'eritage.

Stay well, an' keep them legs movin! Go man go!!!!!!!

¡Vaya con internet roulette!

By the bye, we celebrate Mother's Day o'er 'ere come tomorrow Soonday. Me mum invited one of her sorority sisters from university. Both in their 90s and when they get together they're like a couple teenagers. Awesome.

eighty+
05-14-2017, 06:18 AM
Hi. Capt'n. Mac. Yes I can post With the IPad. But not. Paintings. :( :( Ok I've just a game. Of.

Snooker with my neighbour who's a shit hot Player. 5 --0 to Alex but I was quiet happy as I've been

off My legs for roughly 5 weeks. So was good to play again to get the eye in focus may be. In a

Few weeks time. I might scrape. 2 out of the 5. Ciao. SLAINTE

eighty+
05-14-2017, 07:55 AM
Hi I'm back on the internet :D:D:D A good Nieghbour fix it For me So can Post at last ok

CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-14-2017, 08:03 AM
Hi here's the 2nd starter of Jane Jones OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-14-2017, 11:00 PM
OK Just Checking to make sure I'm still on the internet:D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-15-2017, 12:45 AM
Hi Just Jane's Fizzog to do and check the tree's to make sure they've taken Root :D:D:D

OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

D Akey
05-15-2017, 06:00 AM
Coming along nicely. Planting trees as ye are, since you're a digital guy and not using up paper, you're saving trees and painting them.

Go man go!

eighty+
05-15-2017, 08:00 AM
Hi Capt'n Mac. Yeah I like that. As I never thought of it that way or did POZDRAWSKI tell U and did he help with your units. Kept them amused I should think. Ok. CIAO HASTA. LA. VISTA. SLAINTE

eighty+
05-15-2017, 09:01 AM
HAM. WINS. SPANISH. GRAN PREE. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D. CIAO. SLAINTE

eighty+
05-16-2017, 12:55 AM
Hi Finnshed Jane But can't think much of her face but then it a monday morning

when I'm a bit shaky after all the sport over the week-end :D:D:D well she might moan

but I'm afraid she's going to have to put up with it unless I take pity later ??? ;) :D:D

eighty+
05-16-2017, 03:37 AM
Hi Run out of paper might go back and stick a bit more on the bottom ???

OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-16-2017, 04:36 AM
Yes stuck a bit of paper on ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-16-2017, 05:55 AM
Blimey Marc thats a Good One ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D and there's more Pablo

eighty+
05-17-2017, 12:02 AM
Hi Yeah I got confused with those bloody Layers again :( :( OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-17-2017, 01:36 AM
Hi Time for snack will help legs to stop sitting painting sorry Marc its the way the

cookie crumbles :D:D:D:D:D:D:D ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
05-18-2017, 12:02 AM
yeah isn't Wednesday full of Woaw :( as i've got a feeling Jane face keeps kicking in

eighty+
05-18-2017, 04:04 AM
yeah I had to go back and give him some colour other wise he looked as if he was on a Battle

Field :D:D:D:D:D:D:D OK CIAO SLAINTE

Yes I think the right side of his face should be fatter ???

eighty+
05-18-2017, 11:48 AM
hi not the full portrait will have to stick more paper on the bottom ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-18-2017, 08:16 PM
Hi not too good today might call it a day see how I feel later after a Doz ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-19-2017, 12:49 AM
ho ho How after seeing those trad oil paintings it makes me want go trad again it would help

the legs as well as not sitting down painting in someways I'm pleased I can't as I was like the

Famous Tar baby as I would B covered in oil paint plus the floor :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

OK CIAO SLAINTING

eighty+
05-19-2017, 02:17 AM
Hi I tried the Guides to position the head today ok CIAO SLAINTE

Portrait of Alexander Mackenzie

eighty+
05-19-2017, 09:44 AM
Hi another Haggiss Nosher hits the Dust :D:D:D:D:D:D:D OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-20-2017, 04:30 AM
HI My nieghtbour Irene on holiday with her Mum in st Lucia When she's not bring me

Bag's of goodies :D:D:D:D:D:D:D OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
05-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Hi used the guides again to position the head ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-20-2017, 08:45 AM
a hard one as it looks like just a floating head :D:D: OK CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-21-2017, 01:14 AM
Hi A Painting from a book my son sent me for my birthday. eighteenth -century

French Painting's ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Hi to much italien football didn't see the end as roma were winning 4>2 so tried to do

some painting done a bit but started to nod off so packed in ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-22-2017, 10:31 AM
ok went out in the fresh air today for 7 hours nearly knocked me out so only done a

little on the floating Head :D:D:D OK CIAO SLAINTE

danny72
05-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Now the summer has arrived,even here 😊It will be more outdoor activities. Caravan tours,and working in our garden. So not so much Artrage this period. You doing a good job with all your paintings. 👏 I'm not responding so much,but I see every piece you do my artrage friend. 😊

eighty+
05-23-2017, 12:58 AM
Thanks Danny yes I'm a bit that way myself I look at lots but rarely reply I know its a bad

habit to get into but then I can blame my age, how about you!! ? Nah I'm only pulling

your Leg ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D (Go Man Go) CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
05-23-2017, 06:10 AM
Ok feeling a bit Dodgy today must be all that fresh air from yesturday ok CiAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-23-2017, 04:34 PM
yes i woke ln the middle of the night :mad::D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-24-2017, 03:50 AM
Hi tried tarting up a old painting ok CIAO SLAINTE

M P must be the the old artist ok

D Akey
05-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Hoot.

By me solo self, took down a dead 30 foot +/- (super tall) tree in my front yard that was leaning over my power lines that come to the house from the street. I got a new ladder that does 17 feet. Can be buckled into an A-frame type or just a long lean-against-the-wall affair. And I had a couple very stout cables and a tension puller ratchet thing that tightens lines or pulls your car out of the snow etc.

Anyway, I set it all up. Climbed the ladder and with a rope with a piece of brick tied to it tossed it up into the branches about 2/3 of the way up. I then attached one of the cables to it and threaded it around the trunk high enough to hopefully keep it from falling with gravity onto the power lines. So I tied two cables to a bicycle tie-up that was anchored in the concrete. And then I pulled them tight as I could by hand. Then used the tension puller to ratchet it as tight as I had strength to do. It looked like it was leaning the right way.

Once I had that all done, I went back up on the ladder with my electric chain saw and at a place just below the power line, I cut an angle about half way through, not wanting it to let go with me standing right below it on a ladder with a buzzing chainsaw.

I then tried tightening it up again. And not much was happening. The problem was if I was working the tension puller and it gave, it would have fallen on me because it was close to tree. . . and besides it had climbed up to just barely in reach over my head.

So I left that line good and taut. Then I took my ladder out of the way and went into my driveway. I was away from where the tree would fall and started pushing on one of the cables -- using my weight. I didn't think it would do much, but when I heard cracking, I went around and stole a peek and sure enough my chainsaw cut was opening. So I went back and just pushed the lines and snap, crackle, pop -- done.

So I'm a cracker jack lumber jack, Jack! (I mean, Jimmay! I mean MacPloos!)

I think that was the last one of that died from the drought. Had hoped it made it, but no luck. So I have some more carving wood. Oh well.

PoseDrawSki sez: Your paintings are moving along. Nice to see you have some clients. Good on ye laddie! You keep painting trees and I guess it's my lot to cut em down. Fire department is not so sentimental about old dead trees no matter how long they've been standing.

¡Vaya con paint for the sheer joy of it!

:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):)

eighty+
05-24-2017, 07:39 PM
Ho. Ho. Tree fellar. I followed you all the way. :D. Yeah. Dodgy chain saws. I keep well away from ok
The only thing I'm not sure is have just chopped the tree below the power lines and left the trunk still standing to be cut down at a later date ?? Or have left it for POZDRAWSKI to Finnish as it would. Keep him fit. Coss he's. A lazy bugger. So keep his nose down on the tread mill ok:D:D:D. CIAO. SLAINTE

eighty+
05-24-2017, 10:02 PM
Well I've Kicked smashed and swore at him But I still think he looks the same all he Does

is to keep Smiling just to anoy me :(:(:(:(:cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D

eighty+
05-25-2017, 12:19 AM
And another one hits the dust Yeah Man Go Go Go :D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

D Akey
05-25-2017, 03:32 AM
Well, here it is. You can see the lines I ran leading up to the upper part to get leverage to pull it away from the power line. The pics don't show it but the tree was leaning the wrong way quite a bit. And I managed to pull it toward the camera in two of the shots. The stump you see is showing what's left. Yeah, I'll have to press PoseDrawSki into service to lay it low, but the danger of falling the wrong way is passed. Phew!

I'm going to delete this post once you've seen it. Don't mean to clutter your thread none.

PoseDrawSki says: That's right. You go and have all the drama and leave me with the dull work. Better get a few pints out of this as it's been in the 90s here and I'll need to replenish me fluids. Oh aye. And that trunk is seriously hard wood and all. Best make it a pitcher or two.

Oh, and there was but the one trunk branch. The other one died and I took it down some time back which was far easier. But not too shabby for a one man operation. PoseDrawSki was nowhere to be found till the deed was done.

Oh, and a couple hummingbirds flitted about checking out what I was doing as I was tying it all off. They're cute, and great in the encouragement department, but bloody useless for the grunt work. I think they were hanging out with PoseDrawSki in the bushes.

¡Vaya con drought sport!

(update -- took out the photos.)
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
05-25-2017, 05:00 AM
Hi Cap'tn Mac good with camera Tree Fellow like the pic's but Icould follow your description

quiet well but its good to see the scene and how many throws with the half brick did

it take to get over the branch ;) :D:D :) truthfully :) its no good me coming to do a

spot of burglary seeing your security flood lights is it :D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

D Akey
05-25-2017, 07:12 AM
Hi Cap'tn Mac good with camera Tree Fellow like the pic's but Icould follow your description

quiet well but its good to see the scene and how many throws with the half brick did

it take to get over the branch ;) :D:D :) truthfully :) its no good me coming to do a

spot of burglary seeing your security flood lights is it :D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

Ach and hoot! T'was no more a challenge than tossin' the caber -- with a crane.

Yeah, funny that you mention it about the brick on the end of the rope. Remember, I had the ladder extended and leaning against the tree so my chest was just above that fork with one prong cut off. (about half way to the spot I was aiming for).

I missed the first try cause I hadn't warmed up and had to pull it down without conking me on the head. The second toss did the trick -- sort of. I got the brick wedged into the crook of the right branch. So I had to get a long length of PVC piping to prod it over.

Once the brick was over, the rope kept getting snagged. So I had to flip it around until it would inch its way down. Thank goodness I had one of those fruit pickers on a pole with the basket and little wire claws to grab it and bring it through.

So once I got that in hand, I tied my cable to the rope end, and then pulled it through like threading a needle. I wrapped it around the trunk and then set to anchoring the two wire lines to and connecting the two cables to the winch puller.

You speak like a man who has worked with his hands. You're spotting the tough spots alright. You're hired for the next job, MacPloos!

(Update -- pic of me horrid cable tying deleted. Would kick me out of the Scouts if they saw.)

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
05-25-2017, 08:49 AM
D:D:D Who's the poor bugger tied up and being dragged along did he try to crash your place

why U and Pozdrawski were engaged with the tree :D:D:D:D:D:D I expect He looks abit

Like this Geezar:p:p:p:eek::eek::eek:

D Akey
05-25-2017, 11:25 AM
Look at the lad skulking about. What an unsavory character lurking. Call a Bobby. Nice character for a story, that's for sure. Good one, MacPloos!

eighty+
05-26-2017, 01:33 AM
Hi Got up late had the best Nights sleep for a long time even my legs were quiet

Must have been out for 11 hours. well the legs were rewrapped this morning D/Nurse

and I managed to put on some sandels again at last :D. Had my cornflakes with banana

think the milk is on the turn :( :) so back to david Livine reckon its done but might

try some more just for fun ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
05-26-2017, 02:34 AM
Hi just a rough quick copy useing the guides ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-26-2017, 03:42 AM
ok another rough quickie ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

looks like my pawnbroker:D:D

eighty+
05-26-2017, 07:34 AM
ok Last one for today ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-27-2017, 12:41 AM
Hi had to stop the lines were too much for my eye's :cool::cool::cool: CIAO SLAINTE

D Akey
05-27-2017, 07:06 AM
PoseDrawSki done the deed. That wood was nearly like petrified wood. The chainsaw wasn't doing it. He done the deed with a 9 iron using chip shots. Witness all the chips. Actually used an old school axe. Can wear a bloke out if you've not used those muscles in yonks. :p

Hope you're good. Glad to hear you got some shut-eye. Rest is very important. And it sounds like the legs are getting better as well.

PoseDrawSki sez: <Burp!> Another pitcher. I'm still a quart low.

¡Vaya con being proud to the finish, cause I eats me spinach. . .!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
05-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Yes I can see the deed is done and lot of woodchips for the fire and the log you can keep for when
the invaders come POZDRAWSKI can roll it down the hill and knock the Buggers Silly but now
your handy with the axe it will B handy to show to any that dodge the log That your are the
Lord of the hill top Manor and with POZDRAWSKI yelling like mad they will run back down
the hill as fast as their legs can carry them :D:D ok you will have to look for another tree
to hang your colours on now you've chopped the old fellow down just because he was past his Prime ? yes it happens to us all in time ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
05-27-2017, 11:45 PM
Do yuh know Capt'n Mac I can still smell the lovly smell of fresh Woodchips :) :)

well the weather changed to a grey overcast and a strong gusty wind so if your going

to the cuptie take a Brolly :D:D:D I hope Arsenal win as Wenger is a good Manager:D:D

eighty+
05-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Hi a just had to bung a spot of colour on im :D:D:D ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Hi just clearing the backlog of starter's ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-29-2017, 03:52 AM
Hi Buble bee found in the Gallery ;) :D:D but eyes to low I'll have to lift and correct

the angle OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

D Akey
05-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Hi Buble bee found in the Gallery ;) :D:D but eyes to low I'll have to lift and correct

the angle OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

PoseDrawSki sez: Verily I say unto thee, MacPloos the Bright'n, lift up thine eyes. . .and hers as well. Lassies tend to droop as do we all with time, only it's rare when ya got the eye bone slip.

So you smell the wood chips, do ye, lad? Good job that, feeling chipper, so sayeth the chopper.

You got quite a rogues gallery going there. Looking sinister!

Hope you're feeling well and continuing to catch up on your sleep. Go man go!!!!!!!!!

eighty+
05-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Hi Capt'n Mac yeah trouble with the eye's again. Ok see if their ok this time :(

Yeah her name is Bramble Rose I think Arthur Askey was singing in my lug oles with

His Busy Bee buzz as much as you like you won't catch Me :D:D:D:D:D:D OK

eighty+
05-30-2017, 02:29 AM
Hi Bank holiday is it I did wonder why the Forums were quiet ? I expect everybody's

out with the Family at the Fun fair! Well the kid's enjoy it and thats the main thing isn'it

eighty+
05-30-2017, 06:59 AM
HI Danny A great Portrait of yours I'm trying to copy not all that good at the moment

might take me a lot of Starters to even get close :( But at least I'm given it a Bash ok

Is he a Boxer Coss he's got one Hellava chin :D:D:D:D ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-30-2017, 11:55 PM
Hi A quickie for Irene as I couldn't Think who he was ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
05-31-2017, 04:34 AM
Hi Judith and the head of Holofernes By Gustave Klimt starter No1 ok

yeah I've only just seen his Head :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

eighty+
05-31-2017, 10:24 AM
OK Gustave you can Laugh but I found his head where Your girl friend hid it ok

CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS and the luck of the Irish SLAINTE

eighty+
05-31-2017, 10:42 PM
Hi A bit cloudy sunshine as well so not to bad for may ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
06-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Hi I just had to try ok CIAO SLAINTE

Enug
06-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Wow! This is great Mr. Ploos - and I love all the colour. HOOROO!:cool::cool:

D Akey
06-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Waheed Nasser painted these. Wonder if you found his stuff as reference. Tremendous painter. From Pakistan as I recall. He really got the hang of AR from the start.

Anyway, nice ones MacPloos. Love the Klimpt one as well. I think you have a special relation with Expressionism (if I got the genre right).

Go man go! Nice to see that other people are getting a look at your work.

Hope the legs are getting better and better. If you managed to paint these last two, you must be less distracted by discomfort. Good lad.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:):):):):)

eighty+
06-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Hi June thanks I'm pleased you liked them even if my legs Don't but just up so they

will be Truly rested I hope :(:(

HI Capt'n Mac yes I do tend to forget the legs when painting its only when I try to

Stand up they become incharge so for the 1st minute I must not move or will fall arse

over tip then once the blood has got to them they will let me shuffle along slowly ok

Yes its a rough copy of waheednasir fantastic painting which shook me down to my roots

as I had just Finnished Gustave girl Judith. yes I will give it a bash I cauld say that I'm

happy with my overall effect but not true as still the detail escapes me :( so I'm wondering

If Layers might help ?? any suggestions on This Capt'n Mac :):):) CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
06-02-2017, 07:34 AM
sorry Danny I had full intent To do A copy Of your Painting and I had it before me ready

to start But A strange thing happened I feel asleep:eek::eek::eek: so when I awoke

Nic was still infront of me And as was to late to copy :o I did a quick Sketch ok

danny72
06-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Hi I just had to try ok CIAO SLAINTE
Wow Mr 80+ That's a beautiful still life painting. 👍👍👍

danny72
06-02-2017, 08:55 AM
sorry Danny I had full intent To do A copy Of your Painting and I had it before me ready

to start But A strange thing happened I feel asleep:eek::eek::eek: so when I awoke

Nic was still infront of me And as was to late to copy :o I did a quick Sketch ok

That's great. You felt a sleep in front of your drawing😂
Are you going to continue with it? I think it's more then OK. 👍👍👍

eighty+
06-02-2017, 10:00 AM
HI A quick Sketching Smash for fun and Pratice at the same time OK

Sorry Danny see how good That painting is are you sure Your going to stay as a Cariture

artist as the Field as a Portrait artist is wild open to you ok Regards E+

eighty+
06-02-2017, 02:40 PM
OK OK so I couldn't Sleep must have Doz-off during the day :D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

ok I'll have a try Good night

danny72
06-02-2017, 05:25 PM
HI A quick Sketching Smash for fun and Pratice at the same time OK

Sorry Danny see how good That painting is are you sure Your going to stay as a Cariture

artist as the Field as a Portrait artist is wild open to you ok Regards E+
Sometime's I want to paint caricature. But it's real hard to make it look funny,and still see who the person is. I dont hsve a rye for that.. But im trying....And don't give upp....Portrait is a wee bit easier. . Using different refs is the key i thinks to make it interesting. For Bäckström I needed 5 different refs pictures to look at. I tried to fix it all to one believable piece.... This drawing /caricature you did now,.. I love to see that one in colour. Very good start 👍

eighty+
06-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Hi Danny Thanks For your Thoughts on the Subject ok but lets make it clear as I'm
only a back street Bodger so don't take to much notice of what I say ok. But refering
to your portrait painting of Nicklas Backstrom if you can keep up that standered in

your portrait paintings with clients I see no problem apart from it being Digital yes I now

there are shops who will put your image on canvas so it looks more like a oil painting

if your client is happy with that again it would come down to the Costing ?? About

The difference between Caricature and Portrait ?? well I find Portrait is the harder

if dealing with the person as they must be happy with result whereapon Caricature

you have more scople as long as it roughly resemble them as the way they look at it

in a difference way will make them smile come what may OK Danny Grab the bull

by the Horns and Go Man Go as WE will all be Watching so best of luck Danny Boy
'
:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
06-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Say no More Say no More :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

danny72
06-03-2017, 02:51 AM
Say no More Say no More :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE
The one and only Mr Bean of course �� you are very busy Mr 80+ ������

eighty+
06-03-2017, 04:30 AM
yes Danny just having Fun while I have time as my sand is getting low :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D

I've seen the Reaper for more sand but the Bugger has put the price up due to Briext

I blame the three Muskerteers Cameron Farage Boris who conned us :p:p

D Akey
06-03-2017, 04:52 AM
How dee doo, MacPloos!

You were asking about getting more detail into your paintings. The best way for you, I think, is to zoom in on an area so the area you're messing with is big enough to see.

One caution, zoom in after you have the overall, general piece in place so that it keeps the relative scale of the details working.

Go man go!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
06-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Thanks Capt'n mac. Ok I will give it a try CIAO. SLAINTE

eighty+
06-03-2017, 08:53 PM
trying to speed up when sketching ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
06-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Hi weather cloudy could be rain later ok CIAO SLAINTE

Enug
06-04-2017, 02:46 AM
Hi Mr. Ploos - looks like Alf Garnett to me. :confused:;)

eighty+
06-04-2017, 04:39 AM
ha ha Ha HO HO June yes you could be Right bet he's mad Missing the election the

Tory's will miss he's vote May will be upset always bad to miss a staunch suporter

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO JUNE SLAINTE

D Akey
06-04-2017, 06:27 AM
Coolness, MacPloos! You're making them look rather attractive now. Very fine job.

PoseDrawSki sez: You found the model what turned the table on Master Gainsborough. She's a-sayin', "England's bloody cold mate. This time YOU get nekkid and I'll paint you. See how you like it being a Sprite for a change. . . Satyrs and fauna chasing your turpentine smelling arse all about God's green flora. See how you like it. Come on then. Off with your smudged smock and don this garland, Buster Brough."

You're doing great, Mr Ploos!

¡Vaya con flowers in your bourgeois!

eighty+
06-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Capt'n Mac I think her neck is to long ;) :D :D :D :D She wouldn't B amused :)

ok what do U think of the new set then ? I'm completly up the Wall:(:( it took me years

with the old one and just as I've got to know it They pull the rugg from under my feet

so now I'm back up the Swanee OK CIAO SLAINTE

D Akey
06-04-2017, 09:03 PM
As to the neck being long, I see it as there's lots more real estate for hickies, which could be considered amusing in some circles, while cause for getting grounded in others.

Have to say I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Are you saying you spent too much time on the still life painting to no real purpose? I'm not so sure about that, MacPloos. The more you do a certain thing, the quicker you get. You learn shortcuts. But zooming in so you can do detail is something you want to do to be able to see the detail. So you do it if it's satisfying. It's your call to sing: "Swanee, how I love ya how I love ya, my dear old Swanee. . ." or conversely: "Hasta la vista, baby. . ." to Old Man River.

I think cleaner is better as a painting to look at, but you also want to paint for your pleasure, so don't lose sight of the fun. It it stops being fun, then you're doing something wrong.

¡Vaya con lassies with long necks and other bottles!

eighty+
06-04-2017, 10:44 PM
capt'n Mac ai my age all day's are fun ;) :D :D :D ok but can be anoying

when you can't get the right colour :mad::mad::mad: HASTA LA VISTA SLAINTE

eighty+
06-05-2017, 06:35 AM
Hi Flower's are a swine to do :eek: so congrats to those who do them OK:D:D:D:D

CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
06-05-2017, 06:21 PM
yeah up early weather wind cloud moving fast possble rain later ok CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
06-05-2017, 07:18 PM
sorry red as far as I have got as was mixed up with Rose's :D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
06-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Red do yuh sleep well ?? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO SLAINTE

eighty+
06-06-2017, 02:28 AM
Hi Danny Sorry but some bugger shot the puck and its gone right threw Nic so what do you think I should do now ?? would it be ok to carry on or should wait :confused::confused::confused:CIAO SLAINTE