PDA

View Full Version : Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

eighty+
09-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi having looked at your painting Senor docteur Lima when woke this

morning grabed the ipad to have ago at the eye's, got a fright so

packed in as it was either an egale or the reaper looking at me :eek

:p:p................:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Lima
09-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Hey 80 before comenting this last work, I want to say that your work is basicaly fantastic. As I said before... I learn a lot going through all your drawings. Amazing...

So you dreamed of Cornelis eyes? Hmmm :D Well done Sir... I like very much the painting... and whoooo?:eek::eek::eek::D

eighty+
09-17-2011, 12:50 PM
hello Senor Docteur Lima the Legs not to bad but feel if there getting

hard have to wear 2 pair of socks in bed to keep the feet warm .

was going to copy your painting as that's the style I like but got

carried away in black and white might have a go in colour later ok

.........................:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S ow I forgot to say Thank's

D Akey
09-17-2011, 02:34 PM
It's actually a very fine drawing in its own right. It reminds me of Dutch van art --

Van Der Geest by Van Gogh en Van Dyke.

Der I say Van-Tastic, ja?

Really is pretty spiffy, my der fellow. . .

eighty+
09-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Yavol mien Herr das is goot. Danke. Danke Danke. :cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
09-18-2011, 12:43 AM
the changing face of fashion :cool::cool::cool::rolleyes::p

eighty+
09-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi did go out so here's today's 1st of 5 ok

eighty+
09-18-2011, 08:00 AM
that's the lot ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
09-19-2011, 04:49 AM
hi Senor Docteur Lima Thanks You've made me have a bash still having

trouble with the colours but I enjoyed the effort thanks again

D Akey
09-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Love the celebration of the necklines. . . a full course menu from soup to nuts. . . between this and the Mycenaean lass in the earlier page.

I'll leave off my Van Dyke painting comment until Dr. Lima replies since he's the one that got you going with this. I want to hear what he has to say as well, unconditioned by my comment. I too learn from this stuff.

As to the drawings, I love them. I particularly like the gent in Post #1011. Perfect information you included to both get a character and likeness to it. I mean its as if you're describing the man inside and out. Similar with many of the other sketches for different reasons. But that one is particularly razored down to the essence, but still full feeling. And that's a trick I admire greatly. Love the line.

eighty+
09-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks. Mac Akey. :D. Just woke up read your comments. :D so I say

Thanks for your comments which I look for to keep me on the straight

And narrow as you know I tend to have lape's of concentration where I

Have a bit of fun :eek: then nobody talks but I think thats the joy's of

Trying to be an artist so will plod on with renewed vigour regards E+

Caesar
09-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Dear ATPlus the Old, Van Deer Geest here is one of Your absolute masterpieces indeed! I love Your interpretation of this portrait!

coops
09-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Brilliantly done dear Eighty, keep em coming and keep me smiling.:p

eighty+
09-20-2011, 02:58 AM
Thanks Keiie Katie Coops /. O Mighty one Caesar

Please you both like ::eek: :cool::cool: :D :D :D

Lima
09-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Hi mister+ , kiel are vi? Cornelis drawing estas nice, originalo, kun via stilo.
Mi esperi vi kompreni ghi. This estas speranto viro.

What else can I say... a masterpiece... original with your style, great drawing, well interpreted, great use of color, great shading values, good volume and sence of perspective... terrific expressive eyes and thos necklines fantastic. 80+ to you sir. Well done.

eighty+
09-20-2011, 10:04 AM
many Thanks Doc Lima for your kind words I'm still in trouble with

colour keep trying with thick paint but can't get the result's that you get

at least this time I Didn't get seasick :eek: never did find what you tucked

on that mountain :cool::cool:....:D:D:D regards E+

eighty+
09-20-2011, 10:20 AM
hi todays 1st 5 ok

eighty+
09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
last 5 ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

MacPix
09-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi 80+! You give such life and emotion with a few pencil strokes!

eighty+
09-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks Debbie nice to hear from you :D but I must admit its nothing

to do with me its the good models ok :D:D:D

eighty+
09-21-2011, 12:01 AM
hi scuse me just having fun ok :eek: :cool: :cool: :p

coops
09-21-2011, 12:04 AM
My My what big eyes you have, another fine selection dear Eighty:)

eighty+
09-21-2011, 12:51 AM
All the Better To See You With Katie Katie Coops :p :p :D :D

eighty+
09-21-2011, 04:15 AM
my thanks to cartoon man for the practice a bit out of shape but helps me with the thick paint but wont be going for gold as cartoon man heat times
are far to gold :eek: :cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

eighty+
09-21-2011, 08:33 AM
hope you've brought the burgundy :cool: man :D :D

Caesar
09-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Such wonderful new entries! I like them all and especially Rembrandt self-portrait re-interpretation half way à la Francis Bacon!

eighty+
09-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One. Yep still playing with thick paint slowly

Comeing to gripps with it :eek: I hope :D. Been looking at palates by

Juz but decided beyond my ken :confused: ok

eighty+
09-22-2011, 02:05 AM
crikey EB your like Doc Lima when you said let's go sketching some

Mountains I didn't know you meant on Mars its a good job Mairzie Dotes

is te pilot of the zippo as she know her way round the planet's also a good

resturant for lunch , blimey look at the size of that fish look's like a bloody

great Whale :eek: anyway not sure if this is my scene as only do people

mountains is a different ball game at least you'll help me out ok where's

Mairzie is she sketching or camera work ?? :confused::confused::confused:

eighty+
09-22-2011, 03:04 AM
no good hiding I can see you :p :p :p

eighty+
09-22-2011, 06:25 AM
hi don't ask me as i've forgotten look's like a priest :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

D Akey
09-22-2011, 07:08 AM
You'll be having a couple of blue palates specials then is it, Mr. Ploos? Expecting company? :D

I love this last one of the forgotten priestly fellow. The stylization is a masterwork. Truly brilliant where it's not quite a caricature, more a stylistic take on that face. It feels old and fresh all at the same time, doesn't it.

And those woodsy owl eyes. . . hahaha. A master stroke adding the beak.

You're a right interpreter of life, you are. . . armed with brush and an array of keen senses, not least of which is the sense of humour <--- you're the lad what's put the double 'u' in 'humor'.

eighty+
09-22-2011, 07:49 AM
ha ha ha that's what you call a double whamey funny didn't see that growth

now iv'e got to get my old cut throats out look's if it will be quite easy

but if blood upsets you don't look dae yuh ken Mac :D:D:D

Strandy
09-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi,

The last one is the world class miniature. :eek: :cool: It looks like portrait, but it's also a clear pointer to his nature, psyche... or whatever kind of madness, he seems to incarnate...

One of your best eighteen(+) :) °!°

eighty+
09-22-2011, 08:43 AM
ha wasn't to keen so hit him over the head with a bottle that shut him up

the opp went quite well done a cross cut so I could peel it open then cut the

growth out then replaced the flaps had to trim a little then bunged those

plastic stiche's on if you look you'll see there's no mark anyway he's quite

pleased apart from a headache cos I bashed him with the bottle :D :D

coops
09-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Ohhhhhhhh deary me he looks a stern guy but finely painted dear Eighty:)

eighty+
09-22-2011, 11:00 AM
hi Strandy sorry I missed you was to busy thinking of the opp; ok thanks

hi Katie Katie Coops just woke must have fallen asleep don't know wether

its old age or the excitement of the opp; but thanks

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

have you seen Doc's water colours made my hair fall out :eek:

Caesar
09-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Really fine work, especially on the goy portrait. I'm still trying to remember who painted it. I just recovered a painting of his possible Italian brother by Botticelli.

http://www.sandrobotticelli.org/upload1/file-admin/images/new3/POURBUS,%20Frans%20the%20Elder-366724.jpg

Caesar
09-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Found it! It was Lorenzo Lotto's self portrait, luckily for You not a priest, not even a Luteran or Calvinist one. :D Look here.

http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumbnail/92271/1/Self-Portrait-1540s.jpg

eighty+
09-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Hail O Caesar Thanks. Funny thing I was going to say in the 1st instance

If you want to know who it is. Ask Caesar knew you would know :eek:

Had a hard time with him that's why I thought he was a priest :D:D

Tried to convert me. Think that's why had trouble with the colours

( Jinxz) then the growth which he blew up when I had finished :eek::confused::confused: must know my time is running short so they want to make sure of my vote just like the banks and political boys all good fun.

Thanks again O Mighty one. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
09-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Hi just a quick bash with the finger i ipad fun with constable the girl

dunno :eek::eek:

O mighty One Caesar sorry didn't notice you had sent two the L/L one

I like mine better like the look on his face :D :D might have a go at

Botticelli ?? ok hope he's not a priest yuk yuk

eighty+
09-23-2011, 06:16 AM
hi had to stop kept dozing off so posting as a starter that give more time ok

pat1940
09-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi eighty my friend, wow what paintings, they are really great, and dont fall asleep before you finish the next one ok matey:D:D:D:D:D

D Akey
09-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Mister Ploos, you're a right fine stylist now. (read: Bloody amazing, mate!)

That last drawing especially, wow. It shows a very orderly and careful hand. Not bad for a smash up. Lots of great nuance. And it still has your eye to the sensibilities.

I ain't got no patience with Lotto, myself, nohow. Put down my couple dollars good and regular, yet I never seem to win more than the odd dollar. Quite a racket has our Lorenzo.

eighty+
09-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks Pat just having a play tried the paper's Juz gave us with some

chalk might look funny but i enjoyed it ok havn't been out lately so i

miss not doing the bus sketch'es so been bashing around with colour

to get the feel of it ok

pat1940
09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I like this eighty, I think you did a great job, I will have to check out the papers from juz, will check them out tomorrow, must close now, going to relax and watch the teli with hubby, :D:D:D

eighty+
09-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi D Akey how I missed you don't know but Thanks I all ways look forward

to your comments but please be more critical as plaundits don't help

critism drives you insane but help's in the long run ok I hope I haven't

Up Set you MAC :p :p :eek: :cool: :D :D :D

eighty+
09-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi Pat didn't know you had time as your all ways churning out lot's

of paintings do u like me fall asleep when staring at the screen

or is it my age can remember seeing all the oldie's asleep on park benches

don't see that these days must all be asleep in front of TV ok

enjoy your snosse zzzzzz :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D E/S

D Akey
09-23-2011, 03:54 PM
You want to know if you pissed me off cause I tell you your work don't soock? Hahahaha. :D I know ya can take it lad. So let's load you up a bit.

No, I get what you're saying and I'll tell you that sometimes when somebody took the momentum and is running with it, why it would be a right low conceit on my part to take the reins. You're going strong, Mr Ploos, and it's a fine thing to behold.

Okay, you are showing great leaps forward in certain areas, while others you are sort of just scratching the surface. Constable for example is not one of your bull's eyes. . . yet. But if you're interested in what he's doing:

I would recommend perhaps thinking composition. The trick about his stuff and so many others is that they are setting a stage with their lights and darks. Many of their images, I would lay odds on, were made up from things that they painted hundreds of times, maybe thousands -- trees, cloudy skies with light pouring in like a spotlight onto the star of the show -- the haywain or an overgrown castle ruins or whatever pastoral tableau he was on about at that moment.

Do an images web search on Constable and look at his stuff. Look at how he stages. He's creating in masses of trees as a single design element, and basically has a dark part and a light part in his entire canvas. How that went depended on what his mood was. And then he subdivided those grand areas with detail, but it still held true to the original dark and light pattern to the integrity of the composition.

Remember, light reads against dark, and the area of most contrast in the pic is likely the place where they viewer's eye will go first. And then you lead them like pupils' pupils all around until you're satisfied they have done the ride. They'll ride with you if you make it easy for them, or you intrigue them to where they have to examine everything.

Think of it like a song with a theme. Make us feel something. That's the ticket.

And. . . hey, you still awake? SKETCHY PLOOS!!!!! Hahaha. Now you know why I limit what I say. . . or should do. . .

Carry on lad, your figures are great. Now step back 100 yards or so and have a go. Not so easy on the bus, but maybe in the park? Look, soak it in and then use your compositional strategy to make something that pulls us in. Figures are good for that as well. But they could do with being placed.

Large clusters of light and large clusters of dark in intriguing relationships and bring in your supporting cast to flesh it out a bit. Males when they are born see shape sooner than women who see color before we do. So man up, there's a stout fellow.

eighty+
09-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey Mac you've got Brain Screaming :eek: wants to know why I hadn't
Shown him before all these things said sorry but when at school was
dreaming out on the playing fields so that's why you missed out :rolleyes:
he's not pleased say's how the hell do you think i can catch up, I said
dunno but that's your problem not mine so he's not talking at the moment think he's gone off to watch the rugby keeps shouting all blacks I said no
Constable is what we've got to do yuk's he said all those leaves and we both fell about laughing then he said we could cheat a little and stick some of
those leave's out of the box but I was lost as to what he means:confused:
but Mac Brain and I thank you I think he's going to give it a try ,but he's got a headache at the moment ok :cool::cool::cool:

haywain finger ipad to get in the mood yeah

D Akey
09-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Aye, laddie. A picture's worth a thousand words. But since I tend to wax loquacious, I thought it in keeping with me character to add some to the picture for good measure.

This illustrates what I mean about the dark and light. He isn't exactly framing the lights with the darks, but in a way he does. Not a hard and fast rule because it could get dull doing it the same way all the time.

Think it like a jigsaw puzzle of only 2 pieces to start with. And then you can blend a bit for interest.

One of the things about Constable is that he is about large natural settings with a smaller human component.

Not saying to do it his way necessarily, but it's a good study with stuff to be learned from him.

And if you would like to buy this painting, it's on sale on EBAY UK. Act now and you get a toaster oven free of ch. . . oh, sorry. Got carried away.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/130554936333?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

D Akey
09-24-2011, 01:31 AM
And here is what I mean about leading the viewer's eye on a ride because we're following the shapes. The artist can slice it so many different ways, but the trick is to establish your dark and light pattern and then see where it goes. Ideas often come in the doing. Keep your pencil moving and see what happens.

eighty+
09-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Hi D M' Akey sorry slow on reply but had to go walking Doc Lima prescription
or the toes or legs drop of :eek: plue it was nice and sunny which is a bonus :D
also done a few bus sketches :rolleyes:,didn't buy as the toaster looked
sub standard cool: thanks for the diagrams found a book in my pile by a
Barrington Barber got about 20 pages on composition must have done a
quick read when I bought it then put it with the pile so when I'm not asleep I'll have another read been dozing while writing this taken 20 mins ok

thanks for the time and trouble I've caused you. Regards AT-Plus the Old

Lima
09-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi, great stuff all around.

eighty+
09-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks Lima I'm in a low phase at the moment missing my better half

Might try the haywain it might lift me out of the doldrums ok

eighty+
09-25-2011, 12:14 AM
hi yesterday's bus sketch'es must have doze's off and thought I had done them ok

eighty+
09-25-2011, 12:15 AM
ok last one:D:D

D Akey
09-25-2011, 05:09 AM
Ah, my dear fellow, I feel for you about the missus. Haywains can carry many things, my friend. Load yours up. Part of the Art experience is that it can take us out of the constraints of time and space. Rather magical that way. And I'm beginning to see magic in those couple of paintings you have of the wain.

Right then, on the sketches -- Small crit: In the more straight on pics, the bridges of the noses could be a little less in your face, as it were. You do the end of the nose, it pretty much says what you need, and then you can ease up on the sides. If there's a cast shadow, you would focus on the shadow side mostly. Varies it a bit. Profiles and 3/4 shots need that information more. Not as much the straight on shots, especially on women. Put it in, just tone it down a bit.

That last batch of sketches are good. I can see a little Klimpt owing to the mass of hair as a shape in many of them - the ones with hair anyway, haha.

You could probably continue looking at things as large shapes as you do and then go in and trick them out with some detail. Would translate into color very nicely when you have a shape structure like that to paint atop.

You get your features all correct, as you do, because that is the main thing in those pics, and then you can find yourself some solid shapes (like her hair, or a coat or blouse or background element) in which you can go free and add a little decoration or detail. It's a system to explore. Some have done their entire art career going that route.

Certainly not the only way, but I personally like it a lot and have found it handy to get my head around a subject, as well it's pretty cool looking.

Let's go walking, my friend, and we'll point stuff out in the world and collect em up in your sketch pad. Sounds right invigorating. :D:D

eighty+
09-25-2011, 05:43 AM
STARTER 1 Hay Wain

or will be when they leave the pub even the dog is looking for them

I could call it the pond yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

thanks Mac for the crit thats what I need keeps me awake :eek::eek:

Alexandra
09-25-2011, 05:47 AM
This is such a nice style E+, excellent tone and palette.:):):):):)

eighty+
09-25-2011, 06:00 AM
Thanks Alex I must have got there too early the bugger's are still boozing

iceaxe
09-25-2011, 07:43 AM
The Dog has a wonderfully pensive attitude suiting the sereneness of your composition. Outstanding! Also like how the lake edges the house which somehow seems plausible as in a dream. From sketcher to painter! :rolleyes::D

eighty+
09-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks Iceaxe :D:D

HAY WAIN STARTER NO 2

eighty+
09-26-2011, 06:51 AM
hi Hay Wain STARTER no 3

scuse me had to stop eye's Pizielated ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D---E/S

eighty+
09-26-2011, 06:57 AM
forgot the Hay Wain :D:D:D yeah also got a better picture so when
enlarge i can see it all as the first went into blobs :eek::eek:

Caesar
09-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

coops
09-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Go Eighty Go, boy these are great Eighty:)

eighty+
09-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Blimey just woke up must have slept round the clock read that it took

Constable 5 months so scuse if I take another few days as keep dozing

Off is it staring at the screen that makes you doze or just old age ???

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One. Thanks

Hello Katie Katie Coops I'll try if I can concentrate and don't doze off ok
Better get washed and dressed and have breakfast even if it's the afternoon yeah :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

D Akey
09-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Mr. Ploos! What a fantastic work.

I have been loving the progression because it shows your thinking. You're rising to it, mate. I'm watching where you set it down, how you're giving consideration to the composition, then populating it with details. And I really like how active you've made the sky. Has some action and drama to it like it's a player in the story.

You're maintaining a light overall tone to it which keeps it from getting too heavy. Heavy can be good too. But this one is playing up more joyful.

It's interesting seeing the sequence because it's as if I were inside your image and you were walking me through your private world here and pointing out this and that -- sort of as if you're painting directly into my mind. And you say something like check out that building -- notice how the shrubbery works its way up the side. And there's a hay wain, and blimey, notice who's there in it. . . wonder if they're stuck. . .

This is really coming along. I feel like we're all loaded up on the haywain ride. FIELD TRIP inside EIGHTY +'s imagination!

GO MAN GO!!!!!!!!

One thought about picking colors and values, the way you're doing it is fine, but it's easy to do when you also import a picture (Constable pic for example) and use it as a palette fully laid out already. So all you need to do is dip into that picture and you have a loaded brush with that color. Sort of a nice feature to the program.

eighty+
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Mac thanks for comments and info, but got up late 3.30 in the afternoon

So didn't do much to late then had a go at the wheel's :eek::eek::eek:

Yep those bloody wheel's. :eek::eek::eek:So decided to give it a rest

And hope somebody sorts them out while I'm asleep. Yeah :cool::cool::cool:

AT-TA
09-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Eighty, this picture is in plus.:-) I love how you sketch, paint and make up the sky, put it all together into a wonderful scenery. Applause from me and a call for more.Palette also very pleasant. Wonderful, wonderful, plus, plus, plus,Eighty.:-)

eighty+
09-28-2011, 05:29 AM
Hi ATTA Thanks still more to do you any good with Wheels :D:D

looks like I should erase them as at the moment I feel if I'm in a blind

alley if you know what I mean, anyway called it for today with fresh

eye's tomorrow it will be ok I hope :eek::eek: yeah you should thank

John Constable as its his composition and Palette the only thing I've done

is to bung a crow on the tree and a couple of swifte's might put in some

more as the time of the year there all ways plenty around getting mud :D:D

AT-TA
09-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Eighty, i had to come back:you are really an undiscovered talent, this is so beautiful.Now, you deserve rest.:)

coops
09-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Wow dear Eighty, you really have created your own masterpiece and I have enjoyed so much the journey around it. So much to see and I dont want to miss a thing. Well done my friend:)

D Akey
09-28-2011, 12:08 PM
So Bus Rider, be this the 80+ to Brighton Pier what's flipped its lid and got stuck in the mud, then? :D Nice wheels otherwise. Good perspective.

I see you sat out there in the bus still, posing up the other passenger of the ladylike persuasion in her bonnet. Right, make the most of the wench while the maintenance crew come to winch ya out. Dedication has this artist! :cool:

Wonderful details, Mr. Ploos. . . and the time spent on it, as Ms Coops says, makes it a pleasure to wander through in a leisurely way, finding surprises here and there in the details. A very conversational work. Reads like a book. So glad you put in the time. There's a grand lot of heart and life in this one.

Bravo!

eighty+
09-29-2011, 03:22 AM
Atta ... K K Coops. And my old mucker Mac ((:-)

Hi sorry had to go to the doc's this morning touch of gout I think any way

His given me pills. :D:D so it can't be tahat bad thanksY for your comments I

Still don't like the wheel but might be lazy and leave it , it's a lovely day

So done a few real quick sketch'es. Then had a doze as per norm. :D:D:D Regards. E+. The mad one

coops
09-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Hey Eighty stay away from the Port its not good for the gout:)

eighty+
09-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi. Katie. Katie. Coops. Your trying to drag me off the straight and narrow

Lovely thought thou. A large port and brandy those were the days been

T/T. For 20years but the memory is still fresh. Yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
09-29-2011, 12:25 PM
hi wheelie done I hope :eek: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Caesar
09-29-2011, 07:42 PM
There's much personality and originality in this painting style and together with all the necessary realism. I think You really learned the rules of tones and composition here to build Your own expressivity on!

shechat
09-29-2011, 07:52 PM
So crisp and fresh 80+ a great interpretation, a pleasure to view.

eighty+
09-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Hello Shecat I hope your not digging hole's in someone's garden :eek::D:D

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One like your more modern Gals best :D:D

Thanks you both for looking, might put his dad in yeah :D:D:D

Yesterdays bus sketch's 1st 5 ok

eighty+
09-29-2011, 11:35 PM
hi 2nd 5 ok

eighty+
09-29-2011, 11:40 PM
hi 3rd 5 ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

kenmo
09-30-2011, 02:34 AM
Love your sketches and the finished painting is incredible....:):):):)

AT-TA
09-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Oh my, Eighty, you are so prolific, do not know, which one i like, all are full of characters, and i like that.... wonderful works.But.... i like the young girls the most, i must say...to me they are like the flowers in the garden of humanity and you sketch them very well. :) Keep going... i'll keep looking.

eighty+
09-30-2011, 08:00 AM
hi my thanks ATTA KEN was not sure about those little sketch's think

I'll keep to just 4 to the page ok, had a go putting John's Dad in but it

threw the prepective out of kilter its good to have the undo button

the big shire horse now I can understand why John took it out. :eek::cool:

eighty+
09-30-2011, 11:16 PM
ang on give me chance to materialize ok was just aving a snowse don't be

so impationt :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

coops
10-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Dear Eighty, your last sketches are so very very good and I so enjoy seeing them. As to the Constable painting WOW, its fabulous and you should be very proud of yourself but remember it isnt finished until you sign it. Well done my friend:)

eighty+
10-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops :confused: what do I sign then :eek:

this next one will leave me bald or mad :cool::cool::cool yeah

::D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

D Akey
10-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Fine work on that haywain one, Mr Ploos. Love it. Bravo again.

I like the larger sketches particularly. They all have a good quality, but the larger ones allow you to get into a freer gesture, one that is giving your drawings some nice flair.

And this new one is very promising as well. I can see how you're plotting out the composition, putting in the important marks first as a sort of artistic blueprint.

I have high hopes for this one as well. As you approach this further, remember that a good thing is to keep your values describing depth and it gives a good separation to the planes. Look carefully in your reference painting for how they used values to establish a good sense of space.

Where is this cathedral? Fabulous spire. Lots of upward movement in this picture. As impressive as the monument is, it's framed by the grandeur of nature. I can hear the art dealer back then using that as a selling point. Not a common modern theme since we've all been dwarfed by technology.

GO MAN GO!!!!! Great start.

eighty+
10-01-2011, 12:53 PM
hi mac glad your keeping check as this one gunna take some bashing

I'll need all the help I can get you know the old saying , that boy has

bitten off more than he can chew :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool: :p :p

Thanks folks.......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi STARTER no 3

eighty+
10-02-2011, 07:47 AM
hi I think the 1st 2 are thursday sketch's 2nd two are TV sketch's from

today ok

eighty+
10-02-2011, 07:54 AM
hi no 4 STARTER

D Akey
10-02-2011, 08:11 AM
John Dean, lad? Hahahah. Boy, that's one leisurely TV broadcast transmission. The news was mired on that haywain what was stuck. Lots of muckraking. :D You are starting a new classification for paintings, from which you will doubtless receive fame: Political Pastorals.

I don't want to give the story away, but President Nixon resigns. :D

Love the new painting. Your approach is truly like a walk into that space, like rounding a corner onto a large scene, and catching bits and bobs as ya soak it all in. Very natural feeling. Unhurried, and that takes it out of the annoying need to produce lots of paintings for market. These feel as if they are being done because you want to be there for the experience of the place. And I certainly get that and want to be there experiencing the same.

No comment on the technical side yet because it's looking good.

Go Mr Plus! But no faster than ya please. What a joy.

eighty+
10-02-2011, 08:45 AM
hi mac thanks its amazeing how time fly's seem to do such a little but the clock says 5 hours :eek: do u think I'll get it done before christmas :rolleyes:
as I'll be busy climeing down chimneys :D :D any way here's one hot off the

press ok........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

coops
10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks you so much dear Eighty for the sheer pleasure of viewing your work. Its such fun:)

eighty+
10-02-2011, 02:07 PM
thanks Katie Katie Coops

Hi sorry I'm so slow but the Bishop made do some rebuilding so with luck

its ok this time ,didn't tell him I don't belive so told him that I'm Jewish

so he said that's ok then so I done ten hail Mary's spun round ten time's

and wore a Jewish triangle thing as don't wont lose the church

contract time's are hard plus they all-way's pay well :cool: :cool:

eighty+
10-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Hi looks like after the rebuild got to check the verticals see John had the

Same problem if you look closely at his one or might be my eye's

But just got new glass'es might be they need a polish yeah :eek:

See the A/Bs won but better tighten up as against the other top team's

They will be in trouble. Yeah. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi 1st of today's bus sketch's

eighty+
10-03-2011, 09:36 AM
2nd 5 ok

eighty+
10-03-2011, 09:41 AM
3rd 5 ok

kenmo
10-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Fantastic additions and updates to a great thread....

eighty+
10-03-2011, 09:46 AM
that's the lot ok rubylux tomorrow ok

eighty+
10-03-2011, 10:03 AM
hello ken your too quick for me was still bunging them in while you replied

:eek: :cool::cool::cool: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi STARTER no6 ok

Caesar
10-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Enjoyable British breakfast here, tasty Constable and crispy drawings each morning by You, like eggs and bacon.

eighty+
10-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One hope you enjoyed your eggs and bacon

Still laying in bed myself as didn't get to bed till about 5oc was making

The cattle larger as was to small hope I got it right??? Might get up in a

Minute take my pills and a plate of corn flakes as have to watch the

Weight cos of the legs all that walking round with the Bishop making

Sure I've got it right. He's got a keen eye say's he pay's top money

So wants the best ?. Don't no if I'm up to it so keeping my finger's

Crossed. Have a nice day. Cheers

coops
10-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Great sketches again from you dear Eighty and I am so enjoying your new painting, well done once again:)

eighty+
10-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Hi. Katie. Katie Coops. All of a rush just woke up. 4oc got to get to
The Doc's at. Ten past for a flue jab phew just made it still in Doc's
Had jab so should be ok to finish the Cathedral still a lot to do will take more
Time. Ok as you can see had to make the cattle larger as the perspective
Didn't look to good ? What do you think. Know ? Thanks for viewing

D Akey
10-04-2011, 07:30 AM
. . .
Had jab so should be ok to finish the Cathedral still a lot to do will take more Time. Ok as you can see had to make the cattle larger as the perspective Didn't look to good ? What do you think. Know . . . ?

Well then, Mr Ploos. . . they may have got in a good jab, but you countered the right cross sure enough, seein' the blow by blow account of this painting. . . on account of yer pagan ways, lad. . . Like reading about the fight in Sports Illustrated or Blueboy's Druids Weekly, it is. :D:D:D

As to the painting, I think your cows look better larger as they are. Looks like you have one vertical line in the lower portion of the church is leaning to the right. Other than that the structure looks good and sound. Nice sense of depth and overall scale. It got closer to me as viewer when you made the cows bigger. The scale doesn't seem quite as vast. Looks more normal.

Now that's something the artist gets to decide, just how they want to position the viewer.

It would be helpful in critique if you want to upload/post the source pic, in which case I can point things out. Not saying you need to. Just if you wanted a comparison between yours and theirs. I rather like your stuff on its own merits and don't need to see it. But it would be something we could do to talk it through more as a learning tool.

Love your sketches too!

I'm loving these pastorals. Like you been made pastor faster than most. So don't sweat the speed. :D

eighty+
10-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi D Akey..... Mac thanks that's a fantastic comment couldn't ask for more
no1 the vertical on the lower left been having trouble with it from the start
its were John has shown the sleight view of the side as my skills with the tools
from 1...to...10 is 2 i might scrape 3 if nobody's looking :eek: so might have
to ignore it and just go for the vertical yeah as for the cows still think they might be bigger or drop the base of the Cathedral ?? have to check with the
Bishop see what he thinks :cool: yep quite happy to send the origenal but not
sure how, do I just post as norm ??

ok just a few sketch's to bung in ok

just a thought being a pagan I must still be covered in blue crap to keep
the invader's at bay not that they took any notice:cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
10-04-2011, 09:23 AM
last 3 ok ............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Lima
10-04-2011, 11:30 AM
:eek:everything's wonderful. Great continuous work E+:):cool:

eighty+
10-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Allo Senor Docteur vousave la chance Beuno aires saci manenific :D
on TV, merci boko

eighty+
10-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi D Akey Mac think I've found the vertical problem its the stepped up wall

support masony casting an oblick shaddow had to stop think some how

layer's has stepped in how do I get out of them ???:confused::confused:

eighty+
10-04-2011, 10:43 PM
hi break time got to go out for a walk Doc's order's ok what a sight it must

have been, to think all done with pole scaffold hand tied :eek::eek: and think of the size of that cross up the top :cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
10-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Hi, Mr Ploos. You can upload the source pic the same way you do your pictures here in this thread -- something with which you have a little experience. :) So it should be a snap if it's small enough to be posted. If it isn't you'd know shortly when trying.

The other way is to either give us the name of the artist and the title of the pic or a link to it and we can see it that way.

Yes, you corrected the vertical and that's great. I'm not all that well versed in all the features of ArtRage, but I think there are rulers one can use and if all your lines are parallel and vertical, it should be straight forward. If you use it though you have then only to be aware of the spacing between the lines. The length of the lines can be erased to fit.

The only thing I would caution about using rulers is turning your work into a mechanical exercise, which is one way to go. But use it only when needed perhaps on a layer as a guide and paint on a layer over it to keep your hand done quality. (suggestion only) The church is very structured and straight lines are desirable because that's what it's about. I used to be fairly labored about drawings being accurate because that is what my job required. But I got to where I only needed do a few lines mechanically and those told me where the rest of the lines would go.

You can find what you like through trial and error.

But, Mr Ploos, the bottom line (pun intended) is good and straight now. Nice fix.

eighty+
10-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Hi D Akey.... Mac,.....John Constable origenal ok Salisbury Cathedral

I think I'll concentrate on the Cathedral first and leave the rest to last

that's as i've been like a blue-arsed Fly all over the show :D:D ok

D Akey
10-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Well I'll be. . . he did that vertical line at the bottom cockeyed a little. Oops. Hahahah. Just goes to show ya. . . of course the wall could in face have been listing to the side a bit as well from what I heard about old English buildings and the watery land some of then were built on.

In any case, you had it right based on your reference! Well done you!

One thing I might suggest based on my experience as a painter, that for the type of paintings I did it was expedient to paint the sky first because I generally knew what it was going to all look like when I began painting. In short I tended to work distant to foreground in that order. And then go back and touch up something if it needed it.

Not that you need to, but it's a decent argument to paint on layers. You could then not have to worry about painting right up to an edge and not encroach on the building or tree leaves for example.

Anyway, more later. A keen eye has this bluebottle. . .er blue bottom savage from the highlands o' me kith an' kin, via Brighton. Musta got onto the wrong bus along the way, laddie and went a wee bit south.

eighty+
10-05-2011, 07:30 AM
hi Mac had to finish as there lot's of singing so I crept away so as not to
disturbe them plus if they new I was a pagan they might string me up:D:D

anyway I needed a break as got to bung in the bus sketch's

don't know how to use layer's so kept away from them ok

eighty+
10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi 1st 5 todays sketch's ok

eighty+
10-05-2011, 11:56 AM
last 3 ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Caesar
10-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Dear ATPlus the old, I must say that John Constable is certainly a great reference for landscapes of that age, but Your interpretation of him is quite original and almost as tasty I'd say. Congratulations.
I also appreciate Your continuous excercising wrist and hand with lines that magically end up into vibrant sketchy portraits.

eighty+
10-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks pleased you like as for the sketch's
if I miss doing them I feel something is wrong with the day :confused::cool:
as for your stuff I always look even if I don't comment then I go and kick the
Dustbin Yeah :D:D:D ok

coops
10-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Dear Eighty such great sketches once again, thanks for the enjoyment of seeing them:)

eighty+
10-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Katie Katie Coops Thank you

Blimey Katie I've left the light's on the Bishop will give me a right

Rollicking Yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-06-2011, 01:53 AM
Hi Mac how's the view point ok :cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
10-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Hi there my dear eighty, passing through to check out your great drawings and they are very enjoyable to see, eighty, I just love the painting you did, I think it is really so good, you have a great day and will be checking back:):):):):)

eighty+
10-06-2011, 04:50 AM
Thanks. Pat glad you liked it had to dash out to get some bus sketch's

Done so just got back, how are you getting on with your girl have you

sorted her out' that's the good thing with D Akey he allways try's to help

Got a good eye there was a girl from Seattle who was good but she

Didn't stay long more's the pity your doing well with the water colour

Make's me want to try. Yuk. Yuk. Look after yourself. Ok

eighty+
10-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Hi sketch's 1st 5 ok

eighty+
10-06-2011, 06:51 AM
last 5 ok.............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

pat1940
10-06-2011, 06:58 AM
My gosh eighty, you sure are a busy man, that is so wonderful that you love art as it keeps you active and keeps your mind young, more great drawings.....I have updated my girl, on the same thread, I think it looks a little better, hope so, was hoping D Akey would peek in again and tell me what he thinks, eighty, I hope you have a real good day, I am working on a wc baby tiger, not very good at fur, but will keep trying:D:D:D

eighty+
10-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi Pat blimey you were quick :D don't forget I'm only 83 I think:confused:

:D:D:D shall I call you Tiger Lill :eek: if I have a peep what do you want

me to say ( ?? )plundit's or critic I like critisem as it makes you look

harder, its like that portrait I done of a bloke looked like he had a growth

on his forehead to me it was a shadow but when pointed out me it then

looked like a bloody great boil so had to get out the surgetical tools and

do a quick opp blood doesn't worry me as come from a long line of Vampire's ok :eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

pat1940
10-06-2011, 07:43 AM
I always want your true opinion Eighty, I just finished him so going to post, I hope he is not to funny:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DI read your last comments to my husband, about the painting you did with that big boil, you are so funny eighty, anytime I have a bad day I will tune in to you:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Roll up Roll up just 50 p for ten swings but hurry hurry only

here for today in Bournmouth tomorrow :eek::eek::eek: :):):)

AT-TA
10-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Pretty girl you have painted yourself, Eighty, don't swing her too hard, she might fly off that seat... and what then would you do....:)

Love your quickies, they are so a live .. the last pen sketch is outstanding.:)

eighty+
10-06-2011, 09:46 PM
yeah ATTA she just bunged a fiver down and is swinging away like a nutter

so what could I do:confused::eek::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
10-06-2011, 10:57 PM
hi pratice run last night's tv sketch's to try and get the feel as now its

getting colder might not get out on the bus ok :D:D:D

coops
10-06-2011, 11:19 PM
More great sketches from you dear Eighty and you pencils strokes are so quick and lively which makes for the energy of them all. Well done once again:)

eighty+
10-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks. Katie Katie Coops. Just going out to do some more

:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Alexandra
10-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Wonderful sketches E+. It is fun to imagine you sketching these folks with your iPad, and reading your witty comments.:D

eighty+
10-07-2011, 06:54 AM
:D Hi Alex Thanks but sorry as don't use the ipad for bus sketching

as was advised it would be to dodgy for an oldie as if it got pinched

even if they only walked away I couldn't catch them :D :D :D so its back

to the A5 sketch Pad and my Faber Castell Pencil Grip Plus 0.7 Mec;

blime just feel asleep better post quick :eek: :eek::D:D:D

eighty+
10-07-2011, 07:44 AM
HI 1st 5 today's ok

eighty+
10-07-2011, 07:49 AM
2nd 5 ok

eighty+
10-07-2011, 07:53 AM
3rd 5 ok

eighty+
10-07-2011, 07:56 AM
last one just a thought :D:D

...............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

D Akey
10-07-2011, 11:58 AM
With all them cows, you quite steaked a claim in Salisbury, lad. And that's a crackin' good architectural rendering. Trees, people, lighting, sky -- all great Mr. Ploos.

Since the original Constable looked so weird to my eye and it being sort of low resolution blurry, concerning that lower bit with the wall that looked to be leaning, I searched the internet to see what was up with that. As it turns out, that is a round building set apart from the main church and is at the corner of that courtyard looking walled bit we can see.

That round bit was erected in 1263 or something (my Spanish is a little hazy and the youtube tourist video that spoke of it was in Spanish), so it was something Constable would have been looking at as well as he was painting/sketching for later in the studio.

Anyway, I think, as you show it, there are little stair step braces for those walls which as they turn could make it read as if it were leaning. And since he lit the wall facets the same, it was a little hard to read as if it was turning (ie. he didn't separate the planes in a heavy way, which could be correct under certain lighting situations.)

So in short you nailed it with some precision based on your reference. Your observation is keen and sharp and you enhanced the clarity with your reasoning it out. You really took it in hand. Well done you, Mr. Ploos.

Oh, and as to the sketches: This last round kicks some serious booty. I think you have a bit of the natural candid, slightly caricatured every day man feel of Breughel (elder or younger, as you please) in these. I'm seeing real individuals in what you say visually. These folk breathe and walk about with all kinds of voices.

Again, excellent work Sketchy Ploos!

eighty+
10-07-2011, 01:09 PM
hi Mac pleased you think its ok as they say two eye's are better than one as sometime u can't see what under your nose like that boil on that blokes
foreheard:D:D:D , how did u find the viewing point tried to put u in the best position :eek::cool::D did the Bishop get on to you cos I left the light's on:cool:
wait to u see Starbucks that will make u laugh just been having fun, with that
rough sketch I done, been trying water colour still got hands and feet to do plus forgot the pavement slopes, quiet happy thou like having some fun
oh the Bishop tried to convert me again but I didn't tell him that I've been floating around the planet's with Mairzie Dotes didn't want to :confuse:him
cheers Mac all the best yeah

justjean
10-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Hey 80+, I'm back from England and Wales and I was even in a Starbucks or two but didn't see you anywhere :(, altho I think I might have seen some of those people drinking coffee :)

eighty+
10-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi Jean hope you enjoyed you visit , sorry I missed you at Starbucks but then

looking at that lot must be waiting for service as the table's are bare but then

they've got no hands and can't go anywhere as no feet :D what you would

call a captive adeauice ? Yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Hi looking at that last one I could call it Floods at Starbucks then would'nt
have to give them any feet :eek::cool::cool::D:D

gunna have a coffee and bisquits after this 1st 5 looking at Starbucks

made think of coffee Yeah :D:D

eighty+
10-08-2011, 06:49 AM
right had coffee had some Jamacia cake very sticky but nice :D ok

2nd 5 go go go

eighty+
10-08-2011, 06:53 AM
3rd 5 ok

eighty+
10-08-2011, 06:57 AM
last one ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

pat1940
10-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Eighty, what fantastic sketches, I like your very colorful gal on the swing also, what talent you have to look at these people on the bus and be able to draw them that fast, you must take a lot of bus rides my friend:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
10-08-2011, 11:16 AM
blimey Pat you where quick off the mark was just dozing off , well its as you know we both keep bashing them out so the practice is doing us both good as
we've both improved you more than I as you can use all the tools while I'm
stuck in the 1st grade :cool::cool:but I'm gunna have a bash at them layer's
:eek::eek::eek: sink or swim Yeah ok look after your self Pat regards E+

D Akey
10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Nice stuff Mr. Ploos. A flood of slushy frozen Moca. First sign of the ice age, or at least that Summer's over and out.

I have a question about your pages. They have shadows in the various corners to the lower and upper left and some across a whole edge, meaning they're not consistent. It looks as if you have scanned pages of real world drawings that weren't sitting flat on the scanner glass. Is that so or are you using ArtRage, and if so why would it do that?

Metallic creates a light source, but if it's a default setting, wouldn't it have the shadow in the same place from picture to picture?

Very nice drawings though.

eighty+
10-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi Mac yes using ArtRage thought the shadows was the printer as when the sketch pad A5 is on the glass you can't close the lid thought the light must be getting in so I bung a towel over it?? does the printer use ink when scaning
to computer as it says ink is low but I've never printed anything ???
as for real World drawings only got the three master's which I copied by proping
up beside the screen and then draw free hand thats Sargent Holbien and
Rubens ok would like to know what u reckon the answer is OK

D Akey
10-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Hmmm. Well first off I don't have an iPad. But if the drawing is done in ArtRage I have no idea where it is picking that shadow up. I would go into the Forum section "iPad Technical" to ask that one.

A scanner does not use toner or ink to scan so far as I know. I have had a problem with my ancient all-in-one printer/scanner/photocopier: the dread Epson Stylus CX3200

I never use that as a copier or printer because the ink is so expensive and I have no interest in color printing from home at this point. So I use it as a scanner only and print on a different laser printer or I go to professional printers.

I did have a problem with it though because those stinkers at Epson rigged it to where if the ink is low, it doesn't even scan. And there's no reason for that other than that they want to sell lots and lots of ink. I heard that is where they make their money and why they can sell printers so cheap --

Right greedy substance abusive ink dealin' highwaymen of the gremlin persuasion they are. :p:D and I say that with all the love in me 'art for the cunning little rapscallions. The ink in my case had merely dried up in the first place. So I thought it unfair that they would force me to keep buying ink so as to use the scanner. Took me a while to ferret out the problem too.

Anyway, as a jury rigged test, I bit the bullet and bought some new ink and installed the cartridges so it would register and taped up the air holes in the ink so it wouldn't dry out. So far it's worked (a couple years or so). It was cheaper than buying a new scanner. And I just tell my computer to default to the laser printer for printing.

As to using a towel to hold down the pic to the glass for scanning. It's not about light seeping in like with camera film though it looks like it might be that. It's about the light from the scanner making the pass not reflecting back to the sensor owing to the paper being curved away.

So the solution would be to cut some chip board or something to the size of the glass so when you hold it all down, it pushes every corner and edge down all even like for the scanner to read it.

Best thing to do in addition is cut your A5 paper down ahead of time or just use standard 8.5 x 11 typewriter sheets from the get go if that fits completely.

Hope that helps some. Time to throw in the towel, lad. Into the washer that is. But as any good Galactic Hitchhiker knows, it's always good to know where your towel is. Oh aye.

eighty+
10-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi mac I should be in bed asleep (:- ) no it not the iPad as don't use it for
Sketching when I go out , just the a5 sketch pad and pencil you say about the paper being curved caud it be the rings on top of the pad stoping the
Paper from being flat?? About the ink I did think that hp had fixed it somehow to make u buy more ink ?? :roll eyes.:D:D. A nope I think will
Just stay with the shadows anyway I've got used to them :eek::eek::eek:
Chio as Caesar would say. :D:Dd:D Think I'll get some sleep. Ok.

eighty+
10-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Blimey just woke must have slept the clock round have to dash and do

Some sketch'es before it's dark. :eek: Chio see yuh

eighty+
10-09-2011, 11:14 AM
hi only one thought I'd bung her in as she was lonely ok :cool::cool::cool:

kenmo
10-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Very nice...glad you posted this...:):):)

eighty+
10-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi. Ken. Glad you looked. :cool::cool::cool::D

AT-TA
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Eighty, she is so pretty,and sweet... yeah.. now you got yourself a good company.....;)

eighty+
10-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Hello ATTA just put some shoes on as she wants to chat with her friend

do you see some of Frazziers sheep are up on the hill they do get around

don't they :eek: :cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
10-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Hi thought I'd try a water colour:D STARTERS NO 1 :eek::cool::cool:

eighty+
10-10-2011, 03:18 AM
hi water colour no2 ok

eighty+
10-10-2011, 04:04 AM
fin I think yeah:p:p:p..........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi just fin Starbucks ok

eighty+
10-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi STARTERS NO 1 ok

coops
10-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Your skill never ceases to amaze me dear Eighty, well done on them all:)

eighty+
10-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Hi. Katie. Katie. Coops. Well I always keep my eye's shut wil' st painting

And say a few hail Mary's always seem's to work. :eek::cool::D:D

Sitting in the bank cos they got some comfortable armchairs done a

Sketch. On the. iPad MIT finger first time I've tried will send when I get

Home. It will make you laugh. Yeah. Ok. Katie.

eighty+
10-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops here's the one as promised from the bank :eek:

hope it makes you laugh ?? bye the way she's saying YEAH:cool::cool:

pat1940
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Eighty, your wc are beautiful, I really mean it, I like them a lot, bet you didnt get them on the bus :D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
10-11-2011, 09:06 AM
hi a rough Monet :D hard to see from the origenal ok fin

eighty+
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi 1st 5 of today's ok

eighty+
10-11-2011, 11:48 AM
ok last two ok

Caesar
10-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I like these drawings as usual, but I must say, looking at Your last color outcomes, that You have a personal and wonderful touch with paintings!

eighty+
10-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One I s ay old fella that's rather decent of you,

when I reach your standard I'll Be happy, but the march of time is not

on my side with luck might see ninety, so you 'll have to to put up

me for a bit longer YEAH :p :p :cool: :cool: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Caesar Hoots Mon take no notice of that Sassenach if you want

help call us M'ccabees ok :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

coops
10-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Hahahaha dear Eighty, that last painting is a lot of fun. Your sketches are brilliant once again and your pencil strokes are so confident. Keep em coming and yes I did laugh at the one from the bank. YEAH YEAH YEAH but not the Beatles lol.:)

eighty+
10-12-2011, 05:38 AM
Katie Katie Stop laughing you know this Art beseness is serious:p:p

just going to have a couple of eggs toast and a pot of tea ok

then I'll bung in today's sketch'es ok don't forget E/S :D

eighty+
10-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Hi 1st 5 of today's ok

eighty+
10-12-2011, 06:36 AM
2nd 5 ok

eighty+
10-12-2011, 06:40 AM
that's the lot ok.............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

pat1940
10-12-2011, 03:57 PM
great sketches as always dear eighty, my you are a busy young man:D:D:D:D:D:D

AT-TA
10-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Eighty, nighty, nighty then and i must tell you, i like them primadonas a lot... see, you are not that old when you still see their beauty, you are not that old after all. ;)

eighty+
10-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi. Gal's hope your both well:D

Thanks Pat. ..... Sorry I missed you thanks for your comments on W/C

Thanks. ATTA. ....... Feeling old this morning as the Gout is banging

Away in the big toe , 8oc and laying in bed that,s the joy's of the

IPad. :D. Also the trouble at night as look in iPad /Tec then. Brain

Starts. screaming get me out of here :eek: yuk. Yuk

eighty+
10-13-2011, 05:25 AM
hi went back to sleep after last post at 8oc woke up at 1oc :cool::cool:

so only done 5 as wasn't with it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

D Akey
10-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Caesar Hoots Mon take no notice of that Sassenach if you want

help call us M'ccabees ok :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good on ya, Jimmay! That's a right fine flag. Ya might say it sorta changes countenance when the Moors grow dark o' the sun, and by the light of the full moon, oh aye laddie. . . Is that the eerie pipes I hear waftin' oot o'er the glen?

The M'ccabees, Mister MacPloos? Yer waxin' doon right biblical. Where I come from, we do no use the pipe organ, nay. 'Cause ya might say for us the pipes are all in the bag, yeah.

We'll make a stout, honest Scot oot of ye yet, lad. You do play golf, doon't ye? :D

Brilliant work! And a right good laugh I got from it as well! :D:):D:):D

The Mac in me is doing a highland fling.

"Mac in me" -- "M'ccabees" -- all the same. . .

eighty+
10-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi Mac ya dinae ken the M'ccabees a reeht biblical mob:D:D:D

just bunging in a STARTER chinese or japenese not sure which they kept

yaking at me so I pointed at my ears they cotton on then , any way looked

like a fight, with the women trying to get the blokes into the bath house

so I kept out of the way as they might have dragged me in yuk yuk

D Akey
10-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Good start, Mr. Ploos, and a right fine accent ya have as well.

Japanese based on the men's shaved hair and some other hints.

I think the capper is the calligraphy in the house which I'm afraid I can't tell the difference between Japanese and Chinese. On my subtitles in English it reads "Starbucks in the bath house - two bits."

Can't wait to see if they get them into the bath. :eek::D

EB
10-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Nice sketches as always.

eighty+
10-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi. Mac. I think your right ? Japanense that blue down the end of the

Road. Which I thought was sky could be. Sea :confused: have to go

Back to google to check but have a feeling Chinese as think it's something

About must be a famous trek 54 little picture's showing them being

Being carried across river 's don't know but don't think Japan is big on

River's. Yeah looking I think the bloke's are on a sticky wicket as the

Little guy has a towel wrapped round his neck going a bit red in the

Face. Yeah. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D ----E/S

eighty+
10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi

Thanks EB sorry haven't mail u yet but will do ok :cool:

Thanks Mac Ok Ok wise guy which Mac am I ??? :p:p:p:D:D:D

eighty+
10-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Hi a bit more ok gotta go out the legs wanna walk might do a few

sketch'es :eek::eek::p:p:cool::cool::D:D

eighty+
10-14-2011, 01:44 AM
got it fiffty-three stations of the Tokaido station 35 Goyu

Women stopping travelers by Utagana Hiroshige ok :D

coops
10-14-2011, 02:00 AM
Looks like its going to be another fine painting dear Eighty and you sketches are again brilliant.:)

eighty+
10-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Katie Katie Coops Thanks yea the one I liked best the last one her

face :D just as well she didn't see it otherwise it would be fistie-cuffs

at dawn :cool::cool: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

mannafig
10-14-2011, 08:34 AM
WOW Eighty there are so many great sketches since the last time I visited this great thread:):)

eighty+
10-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Hello Manfig Good to hear from you thought I might have upset you

as I'm a right nut at putting my foot where Angles fear to go :eek::eek:

pleased you looked thank you my regards E=

eighty+
10-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi just to keep u laughing :D :D as we need it at the moment yeah

or as the P/M said we've got to face this

TOGETHER TOGEther together

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
10-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi tell me is the road going up hill or down as 1 min I think I'm going down hill

then suddenly I feel if I'm going up hill :confused::confused::confused:

:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

Caesar
10-14-2011, 08:10 PM
I like very much Your Japaneserie! Hope to see it finished soon.
BTW, I didn't know You were among the "indignados".:D

eighty+
10-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One just woke up, late with the Japs and brain

Is not with it this morning , indigonados. :D I thought we all where at

This time :eek: :rolleyes: , as for the sketch a lot to sort yet , don't

Forget it's the weekend and sport. Yeah in my best italien. CHIO

pat1940
10-15-2011, 01:40 AM
Great sketches as always dear eighty, please, please do more watercolor, I just love them, they are so soft and look effortless, but I know different:D

eighty+
10-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Hi Pat wish I was confident as you, then I would have a bash, still

wary of them :cool::eek: when I finished with our Japanese friends might

have another try ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

mannafig
10-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Busy life has kept me away sadly
But I do try to come and keep en eye on what your up to dear Eighty:p:p:D:D I am really enjoying you w.i.p and can't wait to see it finished:):)

eighty+
10-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi Manfig don't think it will be done till next week , as tomorrow is

my day of sadness and thought's regards E+

eighty+
10-15-2011, 01:22 PM
hi no4 ok

D Akey
10-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Wow, this guy really doesn't want to take a bath. . . :D:D:D

Well, lad, if ya wanna roll with the geishas, ye needs yer black belt in scrub brushin', oh aye.

Well Mr Ploos, yer drawing's getting all cleaned up like. Nice work!

eighty+
10-15-2011, 02:10 PM
hi no comments please thank you E +

kenmo
10-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Looking good...!!!!

coops
10-15-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm loving what you are doing with this Bathhouse painting, it looks such fun. Keep em coming dear Eighty cos you always make me smile:)

eighty+
10-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi. Katie. Katie. Coops / Ken. Thank you

coops
10-17-2011, 01:06 AM
WAKEY WAKEY Eighty, just called in to say good morning:)

eighty+
10-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops Thanks but beat you was up early for a change,

even had brekkie out :eek:.had a walk along the Front, as was a sunny day

and quite warm it was packed good hardly move, had some jellied ells and later

choc ice I like the cornet's but found to dodgy with a beard :rolleyes:

done a sketch on the ipad while laying in bed Lucien see if you can

reconise him :D:cool: Chio

eighty+
10-17-2011, 04:07 AM
Hi forgot him :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

pat1940
10-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Hi there eighty, just wanted to say, hope you have a nice day and a big hug:D very nice sketch you did, I just finished Giesha In a Garden, going to upload it now, hope you like it, wc of course:D

eighty+
10-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks Pat just looked at your Giesha with crit :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi a touch more ok sorry I'm so slow just my age :rolleyes::rolleyes:

D Akey
10-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Lucien Freud portrait is it, the man who launched a thousand babies?

---------------

Anyway, as to your slow attack of the Japanese theme, your Tai-Chi speed is less an argument for you than with the chaps getting pressed and folded into the hot tub. . . This close to the water, they likely smell of fish. . . And the tartar sauce club ain't havin' it.

Looking sharp, Mr Ploos. You managed to get the spirit of Breughel out of Dutch. . .

Not Pieter Breughel the Elder, nor Pieter Breughel the Younger. Nay. Neither be he Jan Breughel the Elder, nor never Jan Breughel the Younger. Not even Ambrosius Breughel, nor Abraham Breughel. Na'ary a one of that lot. This one be a kimono tail cousin called Breughel-san the Fishy.

And it's the chaos in the street what puts me in mind of that ruffian mob of Breughels what populate those European paintings.

coops
10-18-2011, 12:31 AM
You can keep the eels but I will join you in the icecream Eighty. You bathhouse scene is really coming on a treat and loving the colours. Well done to you Eighty:)

eighty+
10-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Katie Katie Coops ..........Mac Thanks just woke 1oc mid day :eek:

katie you have never lived until you've tasted jellied eels the best one's

are in tatts on the racecourse :cool::cool::cool:

talking of Breughel would like to have a bash not the game's one thou as

it would make me giddy think more the blind blokes:cool::cool: that's if I

ever get fin with the street Brawl :eek: I've stuck a bit of body on Lucien

as he was moaning ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

eighty+
10-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Hi only 5 Sunday's sketch'es done to much walking ok :D:D:D

pat1940
10-18-2011, 11:29 AM
More of your wonderful sketches dear eighty, a delight to see:):):):)

eighty+
10-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi Pat Thanks just bunging the bath house in hope its fin :D:D:D

see mac gave u some help but still think to darken would help don't go
mad just a little, try squinting :cool::cool::cool:

EB
10-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Nice painting, I like it

eighty+
10-18-2011, 04:23 PM
hi EB thanks sorry not with you yet ok

Mac this dancing mob are messing me around think Bruegal must have

told them to get me at it , should stayed with the blind blokes as they

would be quieter think you could say a few words to them as you know the

family, Yeah but don't rub them up the wrong way otherwise I'll never

get them to stand in one place ok

Caesar
10-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Your japanese jewel is a really marvellous print-like artpiece.:):):):):)
The new one You sketched looks very promising, probably from Breughel ... :rolleyes:

eighty+
10-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One see you have settled after your holiday :D:D

as for Breughel your probably right :D but I'm not sure yet:confused:

jus had a bit of finger exercise on the old ipad to get me in the mood

for that dance mob yeah I'll bung them in now ok regards AT+TO

eighty+
10-19-2011, 04:49 AM
hi todays 1st 5 had to go to the hospital to have the legs pressure

tested ok she thinks alright for another 10 marathon's :D so I'm hoping

to get one of those pass tickets so I can enter or is that only for tennis :eek:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :(

eighty+
10-19-2011, 04:56 AM
last 4 ok right back to the dance mob they might have calmed down :D

coops
10-19-2011, 05:32 AM
Well done again dear Eighty, I especially like the last sketch:):):)

eighty+
10-19-2011, 09:31 AM
hello Katie Katie Coops ok Thanks she must be photogenic Yeah:cool:

Breughal no 2 just going to bung in, had to have a rest,as they are still running around so I've tagged them with a spot of colour that way they can't
doge me that will put an end to their little game only hope they don't start
hiding in Layer's as I'll never be able to find them the bugger's :eek: :eek:
a right dance they've had me doing Yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

coffee and bicks :)

eighty+
10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
hi STARTER Breughel no 3 ok to bed ok :cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
10-19-2011, 07:53 PM
A nice party indeed! Did they get some Martini? You know, no Martini no party ...:D

eighty+
10-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi. Just woke

Hail O Caesar O mighty One. Yes before I went T/T. But went onto
Cinzano Bianco with Campari and a shot of genuine Russian vodka but
Being Breughel country it would been Holstien but the same effect yeah
Prehap's that why I've got stomach trouble now :eek::eek::cool::cool:
Does this Digital Painting have the same effect:confused::confused:Have
To get into Layer's that will calm me down. Yeah.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S "......CHIO

coops
10-20-2011, 02:55 AM
You know what dear Eighty, I seem to know this place I think its the local pub just down the road. Seriously though, looks like you are onto another winner. :)

eighty+
10-20-2011, 04:13 AM
hi Katie Katie Coops is that where you get your Ballet Dancer's from,

the Pub :eek: :D just show's yuh they've all gone up market, gone are

the good old days of spit and sawdust shove ha'penny, just a faint memory

anyway I'm on a break had to rest before those bugger's beat me :D

thinking of leaving the main building white now we've gone up market :cool:

what do you think Katie? decision's decision's yeah

eighty+
10-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi Breughel STARTER no 4 tired going to bed ok goodnight :cool::cool:

pat1940
10-21-2011, 03:27 AM
eighty, these are fantastic, great work, must be that russian vodka:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Dhave a great day:)

kenmo
10-21-2011, 03:36 AM
Nice additions to a fascinating thread.....:):):):)

coops
10-21-2011, 05:15 AM
Looking right grand is your painting dear Eighty and yes the pub should stay white. Reminds me of the White Hart pub hic hic hic:o:)

eighty+
10-21-2011, 08:33 AM
mustavabrake Yeah my thanks to
Pat where's the bottle :D how do I get the Giesha of my screen:eek::cool:
Ken glad your still with us Yeah :D:D
Katie Katie Coops ah you've made a decision the White Hart OK
that's it then :D:D don't think Breughel will mind but when he pops round
I'll tell him :cool::cool::cool:OK only thing was would it distract from the sky I don't think there's a problem as there so many colours and Dancer's
what do you think:D:D:D:D

..................:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Armoured
10-21-2011, 10:20 PM
I like the robin.
Essential but effective!

Caesar
10-21-2011, 10:27 PM
You did great once again and Maestro Breughel cannot but appreciate Your most original and tasty interpretation, dear mate!

eighty+
10-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Thanks Marco... Robin??? u had me looking at the pic; I couldn't remember
no Robin then the dawn broke you've been digging :D:D hope got a good
laugh did u see my 1st self-portrait that would have blown your Yul Brennar away Ha Ha Ho Ho Ho
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thank you :p
yes I did pop up to your den and a hellofa job getting in the bloke on the doo
wanted a password so I told him i was Jewish all he said was so what :eek:
so then I told him how old I was he said u shouldn't be wandering around
at your age :rolleyes:ok I'll let u in but just to do your post then out so nowone See's you or I'll be in trouble for letting u in, so in 30 years time
pop up and see me my abode is the dark side of the moon ok then u can tell me about joining your club ok when u get there ask for me I know what they'll say that old sod he's still trying to work out them +layer's :eek::eek::eek: CHIO...........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S