PDA

View Full Version : Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

eighty+
04-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Hi Thanks Steve for more Oil Brush Pratice when I saw your's just had to have a go keep em coming ;):D:D:D:D:D KIA ORA

stevemawmv
04-02-2014, 12:04 PM
You do great work Eighty, and I've always enjoyed your thread...but give me a break...pick someone else for awhile. Your own
work is far more interesting to see then this copied stuff, at least that's my opinion.

Steve

eighty+
04-02-2014, 01:12 PM

Ah. Well shot down. In flame's no escuse My apoligese. Steve. I'll not copy your work in future. Ok

eighty+
04-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Ok can someone tell me how I can clear the copie I've done of steve's work. Thanks.

stevemawmv
04-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Dear Eighty...
Just leave it, it doesn't matter! Now get on to the next one, your running behind!

scribbledsoul
04-02-2014, 01:53 PM
One of the things that makes your work so fascinating to look at is how you perceive the people and world around you. It's fun to get a peek into another artist's mind, keep it up! I love your original stuff too, it has more "heart," in my opinion. ;)

justjean
04-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Mr Ploos, you are going great from the lovely ladies to the agony on the last fellows face :D

eighty+
04-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Thanks. scribbles. But due to drawing late in life I become a copy artist I think As it was a way
Of learning to try to improve". my only original work is my bus sketch,es. Which did help me improve but in the last 6months. I haven't been Mobile. So copied works from artist on the Internet wich was ok.
But not the excitement I got with the bus Sketch'es. But in this period we had a new. Intake no names
So no pack drill , which knocked me for six as didn't have to look they were in front of me ok when I look at Sandys and Katie's, Robbies and other free sketching artist . I know I just can't do it. Ok Regards E+

scribbledsoul
04-02-2014, 02:48 PM
I know exactly what you mean! I must confess that most of my realistic-style work is done from stock photography, because that works best for me. So I am usually a "copy artist" too. Most of my landscapes are dreamed up from imagination, but I find that I refer to stock photography (or works of famous artists) sometimes for those too, to get inspiration and learn from them. The internet is a great resource for stuff to draw and paint. Whatever your source of inspiration, I truly love all of your work and always look forward to seeing new stuff from you. The point is to have fun, and create what you like, for your own enjoyment!

Have fun, and keep on keeping on! :)

~ Scribbles

AndreaMG
04-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Dear E+ you version is even more terrifying than Steve's, to my eyes is even better (Sorry Steve :p). The fact that you sometimes copy one of our works giving credit as you did I think should be very flattering for the original artist, well you have Picasso, Rembrandt, etc., etc. out there and instead you prefer to give your version of our paintings, again I find it an honor that someone here would try to reproduce my stuff, but that's only me, Steve doesn't think this way though... Anyway you have my official permit to use all my stuff as you want, to me it's an honor :cool: Kia Ora

Caesar
04-02-2014, 09:17 PM
I almost got a heart strike looking at the subject of Your last painting, or should I say Your last victim, Mr. serial painter? You must have stabbed him with Your brush! That's why You possibly went to church, to be forgiven for such a murder. LOL:o;):D Anyway Your work there perfectly grabbed Steve's outcome essence domn to the single brushstrokes ...

coops
04-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Love the lady in red dear Eighty but the next one really scares me lol. Stay fit and well dear friend:)

stevemawmv
04-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Eighty....
Sorry that I upset you with that reply, at the time of the posting of it I wasn't sure if you were joking and just giving me a hardtime about it or what, like you have with Chinapete and others from time to time in this forum...and even me with the "Go man Go, but he won't" reply to a fellow forum member. But now I understand that it was truly just what you've said it was...."Oil Brush Pratice" with your continued studies of other painting style from members of this forum to enhance your own paintings and sketches. I apologize for this misunderstanding....but I’ve got to admit...that is one scary ass painting you did! Good job taking it to the next level....
Take care friend,
Steve

eighty+
04-03-2014, 07:09 AM
Hi scribble's Thanks for the word's of comfort but no need as it was my own Fault I agree with Steve it was just seeing it

made me want to try but as Steve said I should Given his Time for the paint To Dry Ok Scribb's thanks Again E+

Hi Madam Katie Of The Moara Thanks Will you tell me how to clear a picture when on my Thread Please

Hi Andy Thanks For your generous Offer but all Honor's would be mine for given me the Ok Regards 8+ KIA ORA

Hael O Caesar O Mighty One Well I've Just Finished The Church one ok now I know why you Like going to Church Its

Full Of Broad's ;) ;) ;) :D :D To ALL SLAINTE KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO....Si......Si SHENTI jainkang

D Akey
04-03-2014, 10:44 AM
The Ploos Boos had a flat outside the convent is it, laddie? Aye, yer a bold one, ye are. They ain't seen a male in far too long. Mind your celibacy. It will be sorely challenged I fear. . . at least from the stories I've read. I also think you are within a hare's breath of After Nine.

eighty+
04-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Hi Steve No hard feeling's ok but you had no need to apologize as was My fault its for me to apologize to you for painting

it as I was so taken with it as you were showing brush stroke's which wasn't your norm thats why I had to do it for the

oil brush Pratice but I must admit I couldn't find your colour and I did try. it got Large as when moving the ref Pic: it shot

half up and didn't no how to get it back down that's why it ended up so big Ok Regard's 8+

Hi Cap'n Mac yeah I did try to call you as I knew you to being Religous ;) ;) it is a eye opener these Churches are

Full of Birds And you being good with the spiel would have been like a Pied piper with them all following You

;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D to U both KIA ORA SLAINTE STATTE BBUONO...Si..Si SHENTI jainkang

stevemawmv
04-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Again Eighty...I' am truly sorry for this whole mess, and in the future I want you to practise with any work I post, you may not want to after today.....
and I wouldn't blame you....but I really mean it friend!!!!!!!
Take care and again sorry about this misunderstanding!
Great job on the last one!
Steve

eighty+
04-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi Steve Don't worry as I've already forgot it ok and thanks for your offer usealy yor stuff is to good for me to try but if the

odd one come's up I'll Shout like Mad STEVE Ok ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO...Si....Si

D Akey
04-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Looks like you worked it out, but if you still want to delete them I can do it for you. You can do it anytime, but it takes a couple steps and would be too hard to explain it to ye lad. So say the word and they're gone or say the other word and they're staying. Your call but I wanted you to know your cries of anguish were heard. :D:p:rolleyes::cool::eek::confused::):o:D:D:D:D:D

stevemawmv
04-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Dear Eighty,
Please don't delete the paintings....They belong here!
They deserve a place in this forum, and I would like to
see them stay...
Take care,
Steve

Caesar
04-03-2014, 09:27 PM
The piazza with the church and little fountain is fantastic, lassies included, deat mate, but I didn't bother them in front of all those severe, wise, old bearded men (the apostles?) where You would appear nicely too ...

eighty+
04-04-2014, 01:31 AM
HI Steve Ok Thanks

Hi Cap'n Mac thanks For replying but all ok

Hael O Caesar O Mighty I don't know about the Apostles but I don't think much of these two But get me to the Church on Time ok

To ALL SLAINTE KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO...Si........Si SHENTI jainkang

justjean
04-04-2014, 01:55 AM
Now that's two nice but stern looking fellows Mr Ploos :D

eighty+
04-04-2014, 04:05 AM
Yeah Jean Look's Like Father and Son :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

eighty+
04-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Well John tell's me they are Pomergranite's and who am I to argue :eek: ;) ;):D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE STATTE BBUONO Si Si

pat1940
04-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Hello dear eighty, great work here, so glad you and Steve got things straight, I know he did not mean any harm as he like all of us love to see your great work, I am one that always needs a ref or 2, I don't have the talent to paint from my head and sometimes I even have to trace a little bit if something is hard to see, eighty I just love your Japanese painting, love to see more.....take care dear friend

stevemawmv
04-04-2014, 08:59 AM
The colors are a poppin!......I think John would agree, beautiful mix on colors, sun enriched on a bright day.... nicely done Eighty!

eighty+
04-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Hi jean. I'm confused. Which one is my Japenese one or are U pulling my leg ;) :D:D

Hi Steve it one that wants a lot of time spent on it and. I didn't try any longer. As began to get lost among the leaves ok ;):D:D. To U both Kia Ora and thanks

eighty+
04-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Sorry Pat I'm half asleep. Ok. :D:D:D:D

D Akey
04-04-2014, 09:45 AM
This is hilarious because I had a fleeting thought yesterday as a joke to write an 'ode to a pomegranate'. And here I see you beat me to it, only you did the pomegranate proud. Very impressionistic. Love it.

eighty+
04-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Well Cap'n Mac All Great Minds Think alike :eek: ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE That will cost yuh :D

eighty+
04-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi Madam Katie Of The Moara A Ballet School I was thinking of Joining but blast my Gout put a stop to it ;):D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE

Caesar
04-04-2014, 09:16 PM
The melograno (pommegranate) was a quite symbolic fruit in ancient art and I wish it may give You too immortality with such an outstanding painting. I see You'r also starting excercising with classical dance... but You'd better throw away Your stick to show Your talent and the figures to perfom, dear master!

eighty+
04-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One pleased U liked my bash with the Pommegranites more oil brush pratice looking at it now I relized I must try To understand

Layer's ok so on the ballet school I may venture into the unknown so if U see the Pope ask im to give me his Blessing's ;):D:D:D:D STATTE BBUONO..Si...Si

D Akey
04-05-2014, 04:56 AM
Hi Madam Katie Of The Moara A Ballet School I was thinking of Joining but blast my Gout put a stop to it ;):D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE

Yeah, well that gout may be an excuse to keep ye on the bench. Meanwhile, I suppose we could get the costume designer to put together a tutu with a yard or two of tartan material. And to accessorize, an whispy gossamer sporran, laddie. And some leggins for the rehearsal hall. Might help wif yer legs for the plies. By the bye, are you sure it's gout ye be a-sufferin' from, and no bein' an goat?

silvy
04-05-2014, 05:06 AM
So lovely pomegranates:D
Wonderful colors!

eighty+
04-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Hi Silvy. Well I have to keep going to your thread to remined me of great colour's. As I'm
Not a dab hand with colour's. It was after looking at your's. That made me try. The. Pommegranites
Thanks again. Have Y got a special. Colour box ?? ;) :D

Hi Cap'n Mac. What a great idea. Will there B a flask in my Sporran I hope Mon yeah don't think I'll
B a goat as hav'nt got the energy fair played out already if U know what I mean ;) ;) :D :D :D

To U both. SLAINTE. KIA ORA. STATTE. BBUONO......Si..........Si

Alexandra
04-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Great works all of them dear Eighty+, and the Pomegranate painting, awesome, love it!
There is a fruit, so beneficial to men especially.

AndreaMG
04-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Both"out of the church" and "ballet" paintings are very very good indeed Dear E+! The "melograno" painting is classy. STATTE BBUONO KIA ORA :cool:

eighty+
04-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Hey hey. Hey. Sandy do U mean if I eat a lot meiograno.s. I feel like 18 again;);):D:D

Hi Andy. Thanks. The church is in Venice that's about the nearest I'll get :D. The ballet school must
Be in Paris. As I don't. Think. Deegas moved out of it mined U I don't blame him. I'm still working on it.
Hope to finish it tonight I Hope To U both. SLAINTE. KIA ORA. STATTE. BBUONO..Si........Si

justjean
04-05-2014, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=eighty+;468935]Hi jean. I'm confused. Which one is my Japenese one or are U pulling my leg ;) :D:D

Haven't a clue Mr Ploos, I think it was Pat that you wanted :)

justjean
04-05-2014, 09:23 AM
What a lovely riot of colour and fruit with those pomegranates and then to see the ballet school all nice and decorous, Mr Ploos :D

eighty+
04-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks. Jean. When you. Get to my. Age these. Sort of things. Just happen. As for the Jap

Painting. I hav'nt a clue. Unless she was confused with the Pommegranites as Sandy said. They

Do tend. To confuse you ;) ;). :D :D :D. KIA Ora.

copespeak
04-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Like your pomegranates Eighty! I don't think I've seen you do plants before. Hope that gout's not too painful, it's such an awful condition.

justjean
04-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Old age is a misery isn't it :D

eighty+
04-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi. Robbie. Yeah I think. It was looking at Silvy thread. I was smashed with colour. So when

Chatting to John. About colour he said well have ago at My Pommegranites that should cheer you. Up.

Ok. So now you now why I had ago at John's Pommegranites ;). ;) :D. :D :D. KIA. ORA

Cheer up. Jean. It's not to bad. OrI'm lucky. As got good niegbours. Who. Invite.Me For a meal.

At odd occasion's. And a glass of wine. Or two but they. Like chillies. Which makes my hair stand on

End. Well what's left of it Anyway you lots of friends here. On the Forum. Ok. ;) :D :D KIA ORA

eighty+
04-06-2014, 03:47 AM
Ho HO HO Madam Katie Of The Moara Don't show me Ballet Dancer's Of had my Basin full of them for a While ok ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nah all Yoking apart did you see the Ballet last night on the box showing all the greats that's why I didn't get this one Finished last night was

too busy watching OK Ciao SLAINTE .......KIA ORA.....STATTE BBUONO.....Si.....Si .......SHENTI ...jainkang

eighty+
04-06-2014, 03:52 AM
Hi Sorry about the window cleaner ;) :D as he might be a Chap Playing the Bass ok

silvy
04-06-2014, 04:14 AM
....... Have Y got a special. Colour box ?? ;) :D

No, I haven't a special colours box;) I choose bright and vivid colors because they give me
cheerfulness :D sometimes even exaggerating:rolleyes: but life often is already so gray.

Your ballet is so beautiful!!:)

coops
04-06-2014, 05:31 AM
This is wonderful dear Eighty love it love it love it. Missed the ballet on the TV which channel was it on as I may be able to watch it on catchup. Stay fit and well and painting more like this one pleaseeeeeeeeeeee:)

eighty+
04-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Hi. Silvy. What what. u live in Italy. Blue Sky's. Warm temp. Warm sea. Great food and fruit

Wines. How can u be gray. I'm confused. ;). :D. Now. Colours. Do you mean. I've got

All. That lot as well u must b yoking Silvy keep smiling life is sweet Ok. STATTE. BBUONO Si. si

D Akey
04-06-2014, 05:55 AM
The Ploos Boos made a stop at the academy and Dance Maestro Ploos is sharing his tricks of the trade with the lassies to the wonder and delight of the class . . . Presto!

eighty+
04-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Hello. Madam Katie. Of The. Moara. Thank U. I'm please U liked it., was the little ones at the end of

The Room who wouldn't keep still does'nt matter how. Hard he banged his stick ;). :D :D :D :D.

Ok. BBC. 4. SLAINTE....KIA ORA.

eighty+
04-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Ho Ho Ho Cap'n. Mac no good U hiding Unless You Brought. The bottle with. u. The we'll.

Drink a toast. That I'll get to Scotland a'fore. Yea. Ho Ho Ho

stevemawmv
04-06-2014, 06:44 AM
A sorcerer you are...friend!

I' am putting my name in the hat first for the apprentice postion that may be available.....
It's a big hat though, so going to pack it good...maybe a hundred or so ballots!
Good one D Akey....good fun!
Take care both of you.....
Steve

eighty+
04-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Hi Cap'n Mac. I can't stop laughing. Blimey U were quick on the draw U'll make

The mighty. One jealous Can U leave like that so I can put it in my gallery. Please. As I. Can post

the another one ok. Regards Mr Ploos Fantastic

eighty+
04-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Ok Cap'n Mac I've posted another One HO Ho HO ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

D Akey
04-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Not exactly sure what you're asking, but to all the questions the answer is yes. It's yours for whatever you want it for. So glad you like it. :cool::cool::cool::):):):p:p:p:p;););):D:D:D:D

Caesar
04-06-2014, 07:50 AM
I really cannot decide which masterpiece is the best, either Yours adhering to Degas reference or the modified version of Your work by D Akey. In both cases You showed an incredible mastery, dear mate. With such a talent, in Your next life You will have to absolutely become a painter since Your childhood!!

eighty+
04-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Hi Cap'n Mac Sorry must have pressed the wrong button and every just froze so switched of the computer to get it back ok

Yes I think its Fabulous I send it to My Family and Friends It will make them laugh as well , Its better than Brown Bread smoked salmon sandwiches

with a Bottle of Champer's Thanks Again Cap'n Mac ;););):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE

eighty+
04-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Yeah Tis hard But I like The Wizard of OZ Best It keeps making me Laugh ok what chance do U think MU have got in Germany

Looks like a lost cause what a team with the two wingers Robin and Ribery I think those two could play and Win with their eyes shut must be the team of the

year. Thanks Ciao ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D STATTE BBUONO......Si.......Si

copespeak
04-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Wonderful fun you two! :) :)

eighty+
04-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi. Robbie. Sorry I didn't know U had been to hospital Hope your ok now I only found out. As had pop up to After 9. Do like your sketch'es. Are they done at artrage ??or trad. Ok. Ciao :D:D:D:D
Kia Ora

AndreaMG
04-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Blimey, the color version and even the tribute fantasia version :D, nicely done Dear E+ :cool::cool: STATTE BBUONO KIA ORA CIAO

copespeak
04-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Hi Eighty, no off to hospital for a quick stay on the 16th, but you'll barely notice me gone! :)

eighty+
04-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Hi Robbie. Have sent message to you. Asking if it's ok to post a copy of your R.H. Ok yes or no.
Regards. 8+.

Hi Andy. Did it make you laugh that one which Cap'n Mac. Made me a wizard. I Did

Kia Ora. To you both

eighty+
04-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi I've tried A copy of Robbie's R.H As I Like her more natural Style on Portraits thought It would do me good to Force myself to try to Improve Ok

please Comment Regards 8+

Caesar
04-07-2014, 09:24 AM
You're really magic as in Your painting, dear friend. This last one too is extraordinary!

SCP
04-07-2014, 09:46 AM
I have to agree with Caesar, awesome work eighty+ !!!!:cool::cool::cool: Also 707+ pages wow !! keep it going!;):D

eighty+
04-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks On Comments Also SCP Thanks But it All Down to Robbie for showing me Her Style and let me copy it

SCP 707 a lot of Bus Sketch'es at a rough count about 4,000 :eek:

copespeak
04-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Just spectacular Eighty! I am (almost) speechless! You are so clever. :cool:

eighty+
04-07-2014, 10:51 AM
I am pleased. Robbie. That you are happy with it. I think I've lost Rita. But I was more concerned in the Style which was the main reason ok thank you ;):D:D:D. kIA. ORA

eighty+
04-07-2014, 02:13 PM
hI just seen a War film the Iron Man looks as if we'er getting close to another War as thats all they seem to b showing on all programs ok

anyway played around on the IPad ok SLAINTE KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO....Si.....Si SHENTI jainkang

coops
04-08-2014, 12:00 AM
I love the painting of the studio dear Eighty but I have to say the Mr Akey's version should be printed and framed. I giggle so much when I first saw it. (well done Mr Akey) Stay fit and well and painting dear Eighty:)

eighty+
04-08-2014, 01:45 AM
Hi Madam Katie Of The Moara Yes it brought Tear's to my eyes I laughed so much I nearly Fell off the Perch Thats The Captain when in full Flo

There ain't no holding him think its our Scottish Ancestry ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE..KIA ORA...STATTE BBUONO...Si....Si...SHENTI jainkang

D Akey
04-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Yeah, broadcasting is super powerful. Studies have shown that a lot of people confuse what they experience in the cinema and TV with fact and those moments filter in as why they should think a certain way thereafter for good or ill. Taking a deep breath here. I do remember specifically before one of the wars that there was a rise in war content on the screen as if they were getting people ready to fight. And then it happened. Hope it's mere co-incidence in this case and it is not a portent.

eighty+
04-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Yep Cap'd Mac Looking Dodgy more tombstones so the band can play and people will cheer but thats life :eek::cool::cool::cool:

Hi Flower's For Robbie ;) :D sorry Robbie had to pinch them from Sadclown I hope she Does'nt mind but prehaps she Wont Notice I hope ??

Anyway she's just up the road from you so she will pop in when your in hospital with more Flower's ok

To you Both SLAINTE....KIA ORA.... STATTE BBUONO...Si.....Si........SHENTI jainkang

pai
04-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Hello Mr. Eighty, how are you doing? I have missed so many days of your sketches and painting. Great stuffs again. I really like the sketch from Robbie's R.H and haha, Mr. Dakey put you in the spot among those ballerina :D Kuai le. SHENTI. Jainkang :):):)

eighty+
04-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Yeah Pai You can Trust Cap'n Mac To take The Micky If you leave a Loophole ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D Kuai Le SHENTI jainkang ZIA jain

copespeak
04-08-2014, 02:38 PM
You're so sweet Eighty, thank you! xxx

Caesar
04-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Spring's blossoming at home, dear mate, isn't it? I love this last one with such bold colors!

eighty+
04-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Hail O Caesar. O Might. One. Yeah. Silvy. Has blown my mind you know what these Italien
Gals Are like. ;). ;):D :D :D. STATTE. BBUONO....Si.........Si

vandra
04-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Wow - I just love those beautiful colours. So bright and cheerful - they really stand out!

eighty+
04-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Vandra Thanks Looking to see more of your Work Ok regards Mr ploos ;) :D :D :D KIA ORA

eighty+
04-09-2014, 06:11 AM
Ho HO HO the Boss Is Back the sunshine got him out and about He just popped in to see me ok SLAINTE ;);););) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

D Akey
04-09-2014, 06:55 AM
Hahaha. Stout looking kiddo, Mr Ploos. They have to be right chuffed with him and this your pic as well. That's got to be a drawing to be framed and placed on display.

eighty+
04-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Thanks. Cap'n. Mac. Yes they are pleased ok. Just got to bung some colour on him but I liked as a Sketch as is ok. ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D. SLAINTE.....KIA ORA....STATTE. BBUONO..Si ..Si SHENTI Jainkang

AndreaMG
04-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Ha ha, the boss is back! This one is G O R G E O U S :cool: STATTE BUONO KIA ORA CIAO

eighty+
04-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Thanks Andy pleased U think so ok. Ok as to Rattsang. I just go to advanced search. Ok.

But if this is any help. (. Forums artrage. Com/show thread php.?25550-port. ). Good luck.

I think you'll like what. U. See. STATTE. BBUONO....Si.......Si

AndreaMG
04-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Ah, thank you for the help, very talented guy, all the paintings are very good, but this one in my opinion is outstanding :cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
04-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Good Andy U got Rattsang. I think the 1st one is a self-portrait. I did try but at that time but. the

Tools and I wer'nt on speaking term's. ;) :D :D :D. Kia Ora

Caesar
04-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Congrats for Your two babies, dear ATPlus and Andrea! :o

coops
04-10-2014, 01:45 AM
What a beautiful and happy little chap he is dear Eighty and you did him proud. Stay fit and well dear friend:)

eighty+
04-10-2014, 02:48 AM
HI Madam Katie Of the Moara Sunshine :eek::eek: we've never had it so good get into the garden quick before its gone ;) :D:D:D

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Yes but Andy's Baby is quiet A big Gal to U both STATTE BBUONO.....Si..........Si

D Akey
04-10-2014, 06:30 AM
HA! SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!! The BOSSMAN!!!!!!!! Great job Mr Ploos!

eighty+
04-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Hi. Cap'n. Mac. Thank. But I keep thinking I should chop some off his head. Of course he could be a
Future Genious any way. What do you think as you've got a good eye ;) ;) :D :D :D. Kia Ora

D Akey
04-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Hard to tell without seeing the photo. It looks okay to me as far as head size. Babies' heads usually have different proportions to boys a few years older or teens or adults.

You might want to look at the nose as it's a bit angular and pointy for a wee tyke, no matter how patrician and noble the boss is in the bloodline. Babies are overall on the round side and they get more angular with time. The chin and nose both grow as they age, they also tend to loose baby fat, grow teeth etc and all of it adds to the elongating of the face. I'm trying to remember whether the head is supposed to be bigger. I vaguely recall that they are when super young. But this kid looks more like a toddler is he?

Anyway, I personally don't see a fault in the head size because it could be a natural developmental stage. And besides it looks fine as is.

Much also depends on the pitch of the head where the eyes are going to divide the face. So I would suggest that you measure the photo and get your bearings based on what is in the photo and size up the relative proportions that way if it's bugging you.

But, heck, I like the head size as is (flying blind here) !!!!! But he looks a very young wee lad the way you done 'im.

eighty+
04-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Thanks Cap'n Mac I think he is just 7 months but I'll wait to see what mother thinks? throw me out the window I expect :D:D:D

ok thanks for the pointer's, If I can Remember Them ;) ;) ;) :eek: :cool: :cool: :cool:

mannafig
04-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Your latest painting of that wee babe is fabulous dear Eighty babies are so hard to do you have done a great job I think.

eighty+
04-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Hello Manfig Sorry I Did'nt reply to your bathing Belle yes she reminds of the postcards on the Seafront would sat She's Cheeky ;););):D:D

pleased you liked the little one I've just started him again buy he's much younger looks about a month (old) Young :confused: ;);):D:D SLAINTE

eighty+
04-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Hi B/W Sketch Infant Bossman ok ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ...SLAINTE ...KIA ORA....STATTE BBUONO...Si.....Si .....SHENTI...jainkang

Caesar
04-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Now I see the Commander who leads over there, dear ATPlus!;) Excellent drawings and paintings of Your kindergarten!

eighty+
04-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One. Corr blimey I dozed off. :D. Now where was I Ow yeah
The bossman. Yeah. Makes us work cut out our. Tea breaks We're thinking of striking. All 2of us

D Akey
04-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Bon. He may be the boss, but he's more graceful than your run of the mill l'enfant terrible! And such a nice rendering. Bet you guys can both take nap breaks during your portrait sessions. Just don't get the bottles mixed up. May suit him, but I doubt you would like the swap.

AndreaMG
04-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Very detailed and tender paintings Dear E+! STATE BBUONO KIA ORA SLAINTE

eighty+
04-11-2014, 08:59 AM
HI Cap'n Mac I thought something was up Yeah The Bossman had switched the Bottle's and when I asked him he just said I am the Boss :eek::eek: ;);) :D :D:

Hi Andy Thanks Well blast I see I've missed out on the sandle the 3 lines to give it shape ok Ok now You've seen Rattsang any chance U knocking one out:D

To you both.......KIA ORA......STATTE BBUONO........Si...............Si

eighty+
04-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi Andy I had to go back Cause that Sandle was enoying Me ok ;);) :D:D :D :D :D:D:D: STATTE BBUONO....Si.............Si

pat1940
04-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Eighty, what a beautiful sketch, and a very cute child, hope all is good and you are doing well

eighty+
04-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi. Pat. Thanks. Well apart two dodgy leg's and gout in my big left toe I'm fine I did mean to look at your last one. It is your last one ?. As U churn out so fast I'm not sure. Why don't U keep on the same thread. It would b easy to view O k Pat I think. That stay in canuckie. Land. Has done u good congrats
;) :D:D:D. SLAINTE. Kia Ora

justjean
04-11-2014, 03:06 PM
WOW Mr Ploos top marks for the beautiful sketch of that wee cutie. Hope you feel better soon :)

D Akey
04-11-2014, 03:26 PM
The boss looks. . . well boss, if I can use a term from the mid-century (hate that term) California AM radio in the 1960s. Boss in that case = groovy baby, yeeaaahhh!
You really did a tremendous job on his face and head -- but the unexpected part that sort of blows my mind is your attention to detail! WOW. GREAT support for a fantastic portrait. Look at those little emblems on his shirt and the sofa pattern is all rococo, or maybe baroque, and in perfect perspective.

Super dooper. . . Go Lads, go gO GO!!!!!!!!!

eighty+
04-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Hi jean. Thanks. It's late. Or are You. Out of your comfort zone. ;);):D:D:D:D. Kia Ora

eighty+
04-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Well Cap'n Mac. You did tell me to watch out for detail so I took a bit longer even then I missed out on the sandal Ok the mother was very pleased. Going to print it and frame it. I said. For a few quid more
To have it gelli onto canvas but I not sure about digital do U know .?? Ok thanks SLAINTE

D Akey
04-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Well Cap'n Mac. You did tell me to watch out for detail so I took a bit longer even then I missed out on the sandal Ok the mother was very pleased. Going to print it and frame it. I said. For a few quid more
To have it gelli onto canvas but I not sure about digital do U know .?? Ok thanks SLAINTE

Never done a giclee (is what those printed canvases are called I believe). But as to the size, you have to ask the printer what their requirements are. The higher the resolution the better the quality usually. But they have guidelines and they're the only ones that matter since they're printing it.

A bunch of people here on AR have done them before. I'm sure they would be happy to share their experience with you.

There is ONE THING MISSING, lad. . . your signature. You want to put that in for the print. Don't need to put it here online. But for the lad's sake when his grandkids see it in due course. Do the full run, Mr Ploos, there's a right proper gentleman painter. . .

SilverO
04-11-2014, 10:31 PM
I like the flower painting a couple of pages back.:D
The last painting looks very good too:) nicely done.

eighty+
04-12-2014, 05:16 AM
Hi Silvie Thanks yeah they were the result of looking at Silvy colours stired the brain to have a go I did tell im I don't do flower's he just said

ferme t'boule nuff said ;) ;) :D :D :D

Hi Cap'n Mac I've done as U reconmendid ok I'll go back and do the same to the one with the Barnett ;) ;) :D :D :D :D KIA ORA To U Both

eighty+
04-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Hi Just Arseholing around on the IPad ok ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE...KIA ORA...STATTE BBUONO...Si......Si....SHENTI jainkang

eighty+
04-12-2014, 09:07 AM
ok Thought there was another one must have gone in the wrong file ok ;) :D :D :D KIA ORA

eighty+
04-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Hi Cap'n Mac Done as Requisted Ok have a look ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE ...KIA ORA...STATTE BBUONO...Si......Si...SHENTI jainkang

D Akey
04-13-2014, 12:41 AM
Looks like you went the opposite direction for a bit with bold sketches that are not fastidious. And there's the Bossman! Back to a nice clean portrait and a right happy chappie in his element. Looking grand.

Also love the tight laced Victorian see thru -- hahah. She's doing you a rather personal dance, lad. The mind boggles! And there may be the Bossman's Brother in the offing.

justjean
04-13-2014, 02:03 AM
What a wonderful happy little face, Mr Ploos

eighty+
04-13-2014, 04:14 AM
Yeah coss he's a little Irish. Boy. Jean ;):D:D:D. SLAINTE.

eighty+
04-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Hi Sorry just a few Ipad Sketch'es ;) ;) :D :D :D:D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
04-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Ok last two :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D ok

eighty+
04-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Missed one sorry ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D:D :D :D KIA ORA

D Akey
04-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Wild and you manage to still get character into the sitter. Looks like you've been oot and aboot wif yer sketch-ups. Go man go!!!!!! I rather like the broken mosaic looking lines. Very cool artsy and unexpected effect.

eighty+
04-14-2014, 01:35 AM
Hi Cap'n Mac yeah the C.O has given me time off for good behavior ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE...KIA ORA...STATTE BBUONO...Si.....Si....SHENTI jainkang

AndreaMG
04-14-2014, 05:22 AM
Haha, the cat with those yellow eyes is so cute ;)

eighty+
04-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Hi. Andy. Been dozing nearly all day. I like the first one of your two girls as I always have trouble.

With teeth ok. Kia. Ora

AndreaMG
04-15-2014, 08:10 AM
Haha, thanks Dear E+! KIA ORA and STATTE BBUONO :cool:

eighty+
04-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Sorry. Andy. Nothing to show. Brain is on strike ok. Kia Ora ;):D:D:D

eighty+
04-15-2014, 10:50 PM
hi Brain is back from his strike on one condition that we try to understand layer's :( :(:( :( :( :( :(: (:o SHENTI jainkang ;) :D:D

eighty+
04-15-2014, 11:29 PM
ok got layer's underneath but how to get them say stripes on top ???

Caesar
04-16-2014, 01:41 AM
Either You move the layer on top and You decrease opacity or try with the various blending modes ...

eighty+
04-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Hail O Caesar. O Mighty One. Ok thanks. I give it a try. Befor I go :mad: ;):D:D...STATTE BBUONO..Si..Si

justjean
04-16-2014, 04:43 AM
Great sketching Mr Ploos :)

eighty+
04-16-2014, 06:03 AM
Thanks. Jean yeah I'm on a learning session. With Layers. So will be no work till I get to grasping
What thier all about ok. I see your resting after carrying those Pumkins I can see why Cindy's. Had a
Coach Made from them ;). ;). :D :D :D :D. KIA ORA

pai
04-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Awwww, I LOVE so much, the baby, BOSSMAN's sketches and the painting of him too. He's so lovely and very happy little boy. By seeing his smile, I smile big too. :D Great black and white sketches on him. Kuai le. SHENTI. Jainkang :):):D:)

eighty+
04-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Hello Pai. Lovely flowing painting's I can just see you paint to that smashing music congrats

;);) :D :D :D. Kuai Le. SHENTI. Jainkang.

eighty+
04-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Sorry Pai. Thanks I'm glad you liked baby. Boss man Kuai Le. SHENTI. Jainkang ;):D:D:D

eighty+
04-17-2014, 01:15 AM
Yep still with layer's think Brain is getting some idea what their all about but E's not to sure what the locks are for plus how to unlock them ???

ok thanks for idea's ;);) :D :D :D:D :D:D:D SLAINTE .....KIA ORA....STATTE BBUONO...Si....Si......SHENTI jainkang :confused::confused:

Caesar
04-17-2014, 01:19 AM
I'm wondering what's the score ATPlus vs Los Angeles Layers? :confused::rolleyes::o;):DLOL

D Akey
04-17-2014, 05:35 AM
Looks like you painted yourself as a youthful 1T ready for the rugby pitch, as opposed to later pitching the sketch-ups Mr. 8T+.

At any rate, I have heard that T time in England comes around quite regularly, so I imagine he'll put on a few more T's as he grows older, wot?

eighty+
04-17-2014, 05:41 AM
Hail O Caesar. O Mighty One. Betting 10 to 1 on Los Angeles Layer's. Their 10 lenths in front

With just 1furlong to hold on monsewer. Ploos is putting in a late burst To hell with the Gout

Whoa neck and neck. Blast Los Angeles by a short head I minute there is a stewards inquiry

Nah. Objection overruled yeah I can see Monsewer Ploos Limping off in the distance ;) :D :D :D :D

AR well that life. Just as well I put me £100 on the winner. :D:D:D:D:D:D. STATTE. BBUONO..Si.....Si

AndreaMG
04-17-2014, 07:08 AM
Hello Dear E, don't crush your head over layers, I don't use them, all my paintings are done in one layer only, when you need it you can always turn on the "insta dry" option, this way the painting will look more organic, that's because colors melts do well in Artrage. But of course that's only me, for other painting stiles that might be indeed useful. KIA ORA and STATTE BBUONO

eighty+
04-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Hi. Cap'n. Mac. Yeah missed you. Was aving a cup of tea. Plus given Caesar an earful ;):D:D

Hi Andy. Ok when u say one Layer U mean the blank canvas as she come's ok. I can see where they

Are useful like filling the background in as when yuh get older. The Hand's are not as steady as

Wot once where ok. ;) :D :D :D :D :D. To U both. SLAINTE. Kia Ora. STATTE BBUONO...Si...Si

eighty+
04-17-2014, 09:30 PM
hi just a quick cleanup ok ;) :D :D :D:D :D:D :D SLAINTE KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO Si Si SHENTI jainkang

eighty+
04-19-2014, 12:58 AM
yeah still resting and playing with Layer's and the rest of the tools having fun OK ;););):D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO Si....Si SHENTI jainkang

eighty+
04-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Hi up late so done a few Sketch'es ok ;);) :D :D :D:D :D KIA ORA

eighty+
04-20-2014, 01:47 AM
Hi Robbie a try at Dova ok ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

eighty+
04-20-2014, 12:06 PM
hi here's Hope that Brighton gain promotion ok ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
04-21-2014, 05:42 AM
Hi pratice with J.S. Sargent ok ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE

D Akey
04-21-2014, 05:58 AM
Excellent Spring Equinox to you Mr Ploos the Pagan! Lovely little girl heads. The lad with the cross looks a wee bit sinister though.

I have pulled out of mothballs a style that I really am crazy about and an old traditional illustrator's dream -- Andrew Loomis. This guy was one of the best teachers ever. Did lots of great books on drawing and composition and all that -- in the realism of the 1940s era and thereabouts. The drawings you say are by Sergeant reminded me a lot of his look and it seems like it would be an easy jump from one style to the other. They're very close and a compliment to each other.

The linked pictures are from several of his books and whatnot. You'll get a really good idea of what he was about, and also may draw a wee bit of inspiration from them as well.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1066&bih=487&q=Andrew+Loomis&oq=Andrew+Loomis&gs_l=img.3..0l10.2186.4657.0.5377.13.12.0.1.1.1.20 3.1732.3j8j1.12.0....0...1ac.1.41.img..3.10.1167.r QQDfZa5xwM

eighty+
04-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi Cap'n Mac thanks. Had a quick look it s good. But one thing confused Me is the same 4 girls that

I Copied from Sargent are in loomis as well so who did draw them ??? Kia Ora

copespeak
04-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Hi Eighty, your picture of Dova is amazing! I love it, and am saving it in my 'Eighty's Folder'.

stevemawmv
04-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Hello eighty...this is a pdf file of Andrew Loomis's book "Drawing the Head and Hands". great book, lots of tips and fun to check out!
And yes the girls are from the book...go to page 101, don't know why they're on Sargent's page.
Take care friend,
Steve
Hi D Akey..... Thanks for reminding me of Andrew, some of his books were in my moms house when i was growing up.....

http://www.placidchaos.com/Loomis/Andrew%20Loomis%20-%20Drawing%20The%20Head%20&%20Hands.pdf

eighty+
04-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Hello Robbie your up and running then ;);) :D Thanks Pleased you liked my copy of Dova should have spent more time but got dizzy with all the hair line's :confused: ;);) :D :D :D :D

Hello Steve yeah been lazy lately to much telly what with Football Snooker and F 1 apart that I fall asleep ok Thanks for the book as its great be able to go through the pages

Cap'n Mac sent a link as well which show's a lot of his work but your book goes more into detail plus can zoom in on a picture which is good for a oldie thank's again

To you Both .....SLAINTE ......STATTE BBUONO...Si......Si.....KIA ORA......SHENTI jainkang

byroncallas
04-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Hi there good man. My first post in about a year, just popped in to see what you are doing. This continues to be an inspired thread. Wonderful.

eighty+
04-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Hi Byron. Thanks for looking in I did wonder why I hadn't seen your. Abstracts lately I do like to look at them even thou I can't understand or copy them plus you nudged. Madam Katie of the Moara when she forgets to wave the flag ? ;) :D

Hello Madam Katie of the Moara are U ok. Up there at the north east Gate. Or are U off Cruiseing in
The med ;):D:D.
......to U both. SLAINTE......KIA ORA.......STATTE BBUONO...Si.....Si.....SHENTI. Jainkang

eighty+
04-22-2014, 04:45 AM
Hi couldn't remember the artist think William ----hardt i think American ok :confused: ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

eighty+
04-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Hi one for fun yuh just ave ta Laff ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

AndreaMG
04-22-2014, 08:32 AM
Nice one Dear E+, but who's that blondie? Forza Toro and Brighton! KIA ORA and STATTE BBUONO..!! SI SI :cool:

eighty+
04-22-2014, 09:17 AM
sorry Andy She never told me her name ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO ...Si.....Si Forza Toro :cool:

eighty+
04-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Hi Happy Easter everybody sorry I'm late as only just found out ok thats the thick and thin of it :confused: ;);) :D :D :D:D :D:D :D

SLAINTE...KIA ORA.. STATTE BBUONO...Si........Si.......SHENTI jainkang

eighty+
04-23-2014, 12:29 AM
sorry still playing with the magic Tools ok SLAINTE :cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

Caesar
04-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Probably we'd better grin than laugh ... and she's a little scary, thinking how much the lady would cost with the dentist ... I also like your easter egg like guy and I see you never stop drawing anyone and anything, which is quite amazing and admirable for both your artistic soul and stamina!

coops
04-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Hi there dear Eighty, boy what a lot to catch up on you have been a busy lad. Great paintings. Sorry havent been in for a while a little under the weather but getting there. Stay fit and well dear friend:)

eighty+
04-24-2014, 02:21 AM
Hello Madam. Katie Of the Moara. Sorry you've under the weather I did ask up at the north east gate
But coundn't get any sense out of them. Only wanted to talk about football and the cup seem's as if they
All gone mad I think the excitement is too much for Hull ;) :D :D :D

Hael O Caesar.O Mighty One Are you telling me I have a artistic soul. Please don't tell the Pope as
I'm not up on all those Hael Mary's sort of thing's ok. ;) :D :D ::D

To you Both. SLAINTE......STATTE. BBUONO.....Si..............Si

eighty+
04-24-2014, 06:12 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One See everbody wants to follow the Sun even us poor bugger's in the cold Clime's ;);) :D :D :D :D :D :D STATTE BBUONO....Si........................Si

D Akey
04-24-2014, 10:21 PM
Wild fun with those heads, lad. And the pot below is very nice as well. You getting out much these days? No telling what weather you're dealing with. May need to use water fast colored pencils.

eighty+
04-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Hi Cap'n Mac No Not doing much I'm in Limbo as the garden has run riot I keep looking hopeing somebody has sorted it out also a spring clean as at the moment it takes me

all my time getting to the Wacom ok keep Smiling ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

MJSparks
04-25-2014, 02:05 PM
I do so enjoy running through your many sketches Mr. 80+.

My nieces asked if you were still drawing pictures. They loved the one you did a few years ago. The youngest, when she first saw you asked if you were Santa and I told her no, she frowned and asked if Santa had a brother. I said, perhaps! She still loves her pictures. Both of them do.

They've grown so much since then. The oldest is almost as tall as me... and makes me feel old!

My mom printed your cookie monster image too. She says to tell you that she admires your fire for art and she hopes that she can be as feisty and fun as you are.

D Akey
04-25-2014, 02:26 PM
My nieces asked if you were still drawing pictures. They loved the one you did a few years ago. The youngest, when she first saw you asked if you were Santa and I told her no, she frowned and asked if Santa had a brother. I said, perhaps! . . .

Yeah, well I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear St. Nick had a jolly old elf brother in Brighton, especially considering the speed Mr Ploos produces pictures -- one for each kid what's been good on the planet by Christmas Eve. Go Mr Ploos Go!!!!!

Your nieces sound very sweet. Now get them into picture making and writing with all that imagination. :D

MJSparks
04-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah, well I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear St. Nick had a jolly old elf brother in Brighton, especially considering the speed Mr Ploos produces pictures -- one for each kid what's been good on the planet by Christmas Eve. Go Mr Ploos Go!!!!!

Your nieces sound very sweet. Now get them into picture making and writing with all that imagination. :D

Actually, Both my blood nieces are good at writing and drawing. One is more abstract, the other is more doodle-happy at the moment. The eldest is quite good at stories. She wrote one for my husband about a guitar playing rabbit as a Christmas present. My other two adopted nieces (cousins who are more like nieces) are even into art and writing. One wrote a small book for her father and the other sends me regular pictures she's drawn. I spend a large part of my time encouraging and teaching them when they come to see me. All four are ahead of their classmates in reading, writing and art. :) they range from 6-12 years old. BTW.... they are all very good at using artrage. Next time I see them down here, I may see if I can get them to draw something for everyone.

D Akey
04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
. . . Next time I see them down here, I may see if I can get them to draw something for everyone.

That would be really cool!

coops
04-25-2014, 11:49 PM
Liking your lady with the white cap. Did you by any chance watch Girl with Pearl Earring on the TV the other night, she reminds me of that.
Stay fit and well dear Friend:)

eighty+
04-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Hello Mags this is a pleasant Surprise yes I still remember that Bambo chair and of coarse the two girls ,I see them when I go into my gallery yep still smiling :D good to see you back

all fit and fighting how's the 2 dogs ok

Hi Cap'n Mac yeah fraid they lowered the bar this old limbo dancer can't get under;);) the knee joints and the gout ?? ok

Hi Madam Katie of the Moara yes did watch but she was moving around a lot I should have got a camera shot, at least it gave you a clue :D:D as for the bloke a snooker player

To you all 3 SLAINTE...KIA ORA... STATTE BBUONO...Si.......Si.......SHENTI jainkang ;) ;);) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
04-26-2014, 01:52 AM
hi forgot Gemma ok SLAINTE ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
04-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Yup still playing on the IPad ok SLAINTE ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
04-27-2014, 12:46 AM
Yeah still trying to get under the limbo bar ok KIA ORA ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

justjean
04-27-2014, 06:24 AM
Boy Mr Ploos you sure are painting up a storm and all are great :D

copespeak
04-27-2014, 09:43 AM
You have been very busy while I've been away Eighty. I like your man with the blue shirt very much. :)

D Akey
04-27-2014, 12:38 PM
No limbo dancin' fer yew, laddie, when the bar's been dropped with the settings on 'low'. Or else you'll be doing some pics staring up at the ceiling. Best have some 'aggis to help yer gettin' doon. . . fer a lowland fling is the limbo dance, oh aye, laddie. . .

So these last pics are looking quite Pop, Mr Ploos. As if these are impressions that were mailed back to NYC in the '60s and returned with that signature posterized look.

eighty+
04-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi Jean yeah its been raining the last few days but not quiet a Storm ;);):D:D

Hi Robbie yeah not my cup of tea the only one I liked doing was the TV sketch of N.Diamond not that U would regonaize him from my sketch :D:D glad your back and well ;):D:D:D

Hi Cap'n Mac escuse moi think I've got a touch of artist elbow or is it writer's Block ok U get the gist of it :confused: ;) :D :D

To you all SLAINTE ........KIA ORA.....STATTE BBUONO...Si ..............Si............. SHENTI jainkang

eighty+
04-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Hi Was looking for stuff I had saved but my computer is up to his old tricks hide's them then laugh's like a donkey then leave's me serching knowing I'll never find them anyway

I found a sketch one I'd done sometime ago but not coloured so thought I'd do that ok but got carried away in B/W so can colour it some other time Je espere ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

SLAINTE

limey-g
04-28-2014, 03:31 AM
Nice one eighty ,I like how you did her profile , she looks good.

Geoff

eighty+
04-28-2014, 04:32 AM
Hi Geoff yeah. Hard angle Thanks. How's your better half ok. Kia Ora.

D Akey
04-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Hi Cap'n Mac escuse moi think I've got a touch of artist elbow or is it writer's Block ok U get the gist of it :confused: ;) :D :D

Yeah. Oot o' shape, are we then? Only thing for it, my dear sir -- start practicin' yer elbow bendin' doon tha pub. Ye should be doin' reps of 25 at a time. a One and two and gulp and four and. . . (x 25 times) and work yer way oop to Olympic level. Iced tea is what I reckon is yer brew of choice. . . We'll 'ave ye goin' like an race horse in no time. . .

I really like that drawin of the lass with the big eyes. She looks like the lass in Doctor Who what I'm watchin'. Lovely drawing, laddie.

eighty+
04-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Hi cap'n Mac I'm watching the cricket in India. Really great it's like watching cup ties. As they only
Get a set number of over's. So they have to go all out for run's then the other side is in who try to beat
The other side's total so it's action from the word go. Ok it's sweeping the cricket world plus I like the
Storage Wars. Always good for a laugh ok Cap'n SLAINTE. Kia Ora

AndreaMG
04-29-2014, 12:50 AM
I love B&W drawings and yours is really good indeed Dear E+. CIAO and STATTE BBUONO KIA ORA

eighty+
04-29-2014, 05:17 AM
Thanks. Andy. I hope U realise its you Steve and Robbie joining artrage that's helped me to look closer. At my work plus getting to know the tools better thanks SLAINTE..Kia Ora..STATTE BBUONO..S..Si

eighty+
04-29-2014, 02:02 PM
ok thought it would put a smile on your face that is all those who live in the cold climes ;) :D :D :D :D:D Slainte

pat1940
04-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Hello eighty, just checking in on all the great paintings, we are just about at my daughters now and really excited to see my family, have seen some wonderful sites along the way, great work again dear eighty,take care, will be back to painting the end of May

eighty+
04-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi Pat I'm confused I thought you were back in the U.S of A. And Your running around like a chicken

Looking for food ok congrats see you in May then ;):D:D:D SLAINTE

Caesar
04-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I really like very much Your colorful portraits, B&W drawing of the girl and the funerary masks you carve sometimes :cool: ... I suspect You started with Agamennon's golden one when you was a young boy .... LOL;):o:D

eighty+
04-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One yeah my school never told us so ha about that greek stuff, just how to ride a bike :D so I looked him up I see they were all fighting for cosy

top jobs then just like now, as for drawing I didn't start till 60 then stopped until finding Artrage as it come with the bambo tablet so you've had to put up with me for the last

4 years as i'm just starting my 86 yeah with luck and lots of exstenions from the reaper I'll be driving you crazy for the next 14 years :cool:;):D:D:D:D:D:D STATTE BBUONO..Si.......Si

vandra
04-30-2014, 01:17 AM
Love your portrait eighty+. There is something very intriguing about those blue eyes :)

eighty+
04-30-2014, 02:40 AM
Hi Vandra. Yeah. I must admit e do look like an Aussie with the Suntan and chalk on E's nose. ;):D. Like yuh seascape I find them differ cult so keep well away :D:D:D. Slainte. KIA ORA

D Akey
04-30-2014, 04:27 AM
With a lilt in his step and dry eyes, this lad in your pic is not aware that he is being stalked by a pollen spore. . . Grab yer Kleenex if ya got 'em -- it's SPRINGTIME!!!!!!!! I'm fortunate where pollen rarely bothers me. But this is what this picture seems to be saying.

I had to look up the TV show Storage Wars that you were referring to. I did not know that they can put the contents of rented storage up for auction when the payment is three months in arrears, according to California law. I wonder where the auctions are held? Just what I need though is more stuff. I'm actually needing to get rid of lots of old clutter. I think the solution is to put all my excess into storage and wait wait for 90 days to pass and it will be like the slowest toilet flush in recorder history. A high colonic for my garage. I can just sit on me keester with a newspaper and. . . Aaaaa. . . that feels better. . .

silvy
04-30-2014, 05:40 AM
WOW, great b/w portrait:)

eighty+
04-30-2014, 06:20 AM
Thanks Silvy I'm please you like her but havn't done anything since then I'm on playtime now waiting for Cap'n Mac to blow the whistle so we can all troop back in ;):D:D

Hi Cap'n Mac its all happening in your backyard i did think I would have seen you there I'm surprised at that law I wonder if they check first :eek: ;) :D :D

To you both SLAINTE KIA ORA STATTE BBUNO Si Si By the way whats this I hear you going in for a Op I did tell you that too many Aggis and Moon River's

Would catch up with you :eek::cool::cool: ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
04-30-2014, 06:27 AM
Blimey Sorry I've forgot To post my Lastest Master Pieces ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p

copespeak
04-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Great perspective on the last one Eighty! Your work is never boring, with always something new and exciting! :)

eighty+
04-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi. Robbie. Sorry about the blood but my iPad called it the boulevard capucines so looked it up found
Out. There was a right ding dong there lots of blood and like mistic it only shows threw the Tarmac on the day
Of the slaughtering in Paris . Ok ;). :D :D :D KIA ORA

eighty+
05-01-2014, 04:09 AM
Hi Robbie one of your's looked for the star's U painted any idea what no they are on in you thread as could only this bloke ok ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

copespeak
05-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Hi Eighty, that's Matthew, a friend of mine. You've done a mighty job!

The other stars will be on the same thread, you've just got to trawl through them. :) :)

eighty+
05-02-2014, 02:14 AM
A Copy Of Robbie's Gal ok ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO...Si........Si ......SHENTI jainkang

coops
05-02-2014, 02:54 AM
Hi there dear Eighty. Love the last one, its really good. Hope you are keeping fit and well dear friend:)

D Akey
05-02-2014, 03:26 AM
Looking good in the faces. Nice paintings. Marylin's cleavage seems to have gotten away from you though. Naught but study to remedy that.

I suspicion ye need to dive into the cleavage matter - a total immersion study, you might say. . . Go do a little research into women's breasts. I don't want to just hand you the answer, since it's all about your personal studying and research. But think volume and how the shadow describes the form, rather than putting in stuff you know belongs there any old place or you'll be all willie nearly.

Now that you have your assignment, go forth and get your hands dirty, lad. Field work. . . that's the ticket.

eighty+
05-02-2014, 06:15 AM
Hello Madam Katie Of The Moara is it raining in Hull or are you swanning around in the garden in Bootiful Sun shine ;) :D :D :D

Sorry Robbie I forgot to Thank you Its my age hope U understand ;) :D :D :D

Hi Cap'n Mac I'm amazed you reconaized her as I didn't put her name as I lost her and wasn't sure if I had got her back ;) I cut down on her breast as I didn't wont to Get

you excited before your Opp :D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO....Si.......Si SHENTI jainkang to U All

AndreaMG
05-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Beautiful Marilyn Dear E+ :cool: Kia Ora

eighty+
05-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi Andy. Thanks I've done a copy of your Girl shall I post it or leave for a couple of days ?
STATTE BBUONO

copespeak
05-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Hi Eighty, what a gorgeous Marilyn! You have achieved such a direct gaze with the eyes. The cleavage? Maybe needs a little work, but you need to keep some of these fellas calm in this forum! :cool:

eighty+
05-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks. Robbie. But I still think I lost. Marilyn

D Akey
05-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks. Robbie. But I still think I lost. Marilyn

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave -- Marylin that is. . . Man, what a beautiful woman. . . She said she just popped out for a moment to powder her nose. You understand. . . Here she is back and ready for finishing your pic, such a love she is.

http://static.abposters.com/image/750/posters/marilyn-monroe-diamond-i11512.jpg

AndreaMG
05-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Hi Andy. Thanks I've done a copy of your Girl shall I post it or leave for a couple of days ?
STATTE BBUONO
Post it whenever you want Dear E+ :cool: Ciao

eighty+
05-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Hi Cap'n Mac Thanks will try and get her before she ups to powder her Nose ok it was my fault as had her on the IPad which I had proped up by the Wacom to copy her

But the IPad keeps switching off to add to the fun ok this next fun one maybe before your time ?? ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE KIA ORA

eighty+
05-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Hi Cap'n Mac Ok a quick Tart up thanks at last I'm catching a glimps of Marilyn may do more later ok :p

Thanks Andy see what you think ?? ;) ;) :D :D To You Both SLAINTE KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO Si..............Si

D Akey
05-03-2014, 01:52 AM
<in WC Fields twang> Aahh yeeeessss. . . Mae West -- the human flotation device the Air Corps named a life jacket after, where "Come up and see me sometime. . ." took on a whole new meaning.

Very amusing.

As to Marylin's pic, it looks better, but check out the chest (the breastbone area above the bosom), give it another look and you'll see the shadow is less pronounced above a certain height. It's a different character for a couple anatomical reasons, but we want the plane to flatten out somewhat. To compound the matter some, the skin also may be a little tanned which gets interesting in B&W because the darks are doing double duty between describing form/shape and having the skin a wee bit darker in that area which then meets lighter skin.

All of those things require a slightly different handling. So that breastbone area is somewhat flatter and thus being softer and more diffuse (though specific), whereas the form shadow on the breasts is rounding out the shape to the eye and can appear more comparatively linear and directional. But you're zeroing in on it, and this version is far better than the last.

As to the copy of Andrea's, it looks really good to me!

justjean
05-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Great goings Mr Ploos, keep em coming as we all enjoy seeing your journey :)

eighty+
05-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Hi. Jean yeah it's a long hard journey with. Dodgy Legs and gout but with kind words from

My friends I'm gritting my teeth and trying to hold the banner up high thanks Jean

Hi Cap'n Mac at least we agree on one Point that she looking a bit better. As for the points you've

Mentioned. I will talk to brain. To see if he thinks I'm capable ok come what may I wil do my level

best after the Snooker. ;):D:D;):D:D. To you both. SLAINTE. KIA ORA. STATTE BBUONO. Si....Si

D Akey
05-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Just pretend you're rubbing sunscreen on Marylin Monroe's Chest as you spread the tone on the exposed breastbone area. I think one brain or other might be fine with that. ;):o:rolleyes::):):):)

Go Man GO!

Oh, and sorry about the gout -- must be uncomfortable and distracting to ye. Hang in there laddie.

eighty+
05-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Sorry I forgot to ask how Steve is getting on any news would be Welcome Thanks

eighty+
05-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Hi Cap'n Mac Blimey The very thought is enough to give me Heart attack ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Had to Out today to the Clinic as getting hard of hearing ok so done some Bus Sketch'es Just to cheer you up:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ok the 1st of 5

eighty+
05-03-2014, 12:37 PM
ok 2nd of 5 SLAINTE :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

D Akey
05-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Well doon, Jimmay! Ye gleaned from the passengers some excellent character.

The ploos boosman's 'oliday, is it then? After all, ye need to get oot and aboot and get crackin' wif them sketch-ups. . . as ye 'ave. Right fine work it is too. Hope it did the trick and cheered yer spirits. Lookin' at these tells me the weather's been decent enough for ye. Remember -- word to tha wise -- keep yer paper dry and do no sketch till ye sees the whites o' their eyes. . . oh eyes!

Yeah, I couldn't say about ol' Steve-o. Hope he's getting better. Wasn't even sure about what was wrong with him other than he needed an operation and a spot of time to recover. Sending out good thoughts to both of ye.

theperceptor
05-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Dear 80+ do take care. Also take care not to "smudge" those fine drawings.

vandra
05-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Great sketches. I particularly like the second one. He looks a happy sort of bloke :-)

eighty+
05-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Hi As I'm up early on a sunday morning Wont last the Dayout plus the Snooker will the Aussie beat Selby as were all holding our breath and will Sullivan Beat the winner

to retain his Crown three great player's and a future Champ in young Trump ??

Hi Vandra thanks I like the last where the bugger got off the bus eye eye ;) :D:D

Hi the perceptor Yeah It always amaze me when scanning where the pencil dust come's from ;);):D

Hi Cap'n Mac I've done Rubbed Marilyn Breast and got a right slapping thank you

vandra
05-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Hi Vandra. Yeah. I must admit e do look like an Aussie with the Suntan and chalk on E's nose. ;):D. Like yuh seascape I find them differ cult so keep well away :D:D:D. Slainte. KIA ORA

:-) Well never thought of it that way. However, I'm a Geordie but been here a while now "Haway the lads" though.

I love the way you've captured Marilyn's beauty.

eighty+
05-04-2014, 04:30 AM
Hi Vandra Would it be impolite to say Hello ya nuecastle Geordie Git ;) ;) :D :D :D:D Yae or nae Thanks about Marilyn but its all down to those who Bottle feed me

Robbie .......Andy........Steve plus Cap'n Mac who gives me a kick to keep me looking at what I've done wrong plus all the gals who make sure I wash put on clean clothes and

of course a clean Bib and not forgetting the Reaper who pops in to cheer me up with the news I've been granted an exstention ;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SLAINTE...KIA ORA...STATTE BBUONO...Si.............Si SHENTI jainkang

AndreaMG
05-04-2014, 04:45 AM
Hello Dear E+, the sketches look ok to me, some of them are brilliant, so no tips on them :p, as for Marylin I do like the pink and B&W combo but you might want to "push" her right eye to the center because it's slightly offset, her hair is really beautifully painted :cool:. Your Riahnna version is undoubtedly good, but you have to add some more subtle brown above her mouth and the forehead. The lady with crazy hair color you painted just before Rihanna is just super!!Keep going man, go go go!! :cool::cool: Ciao STATTE BBUONO and KIA ORA and FORZA TORO AND BRIGHTON

eighty+
05-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Hi Andy on Your Gal I have already done it as I noticed early today ok I'll post it now see if it better ok as for Marilyn's I thought all along they were to far apart but your the

1st to comment as you don't miss out on the fine detail Thanks Andy What happened to Juve against Real Madrid:confused::confused::confused: Poor Caesar He'll

Hang his head in Shame ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO STATTE BBUONO.....Si.....................Si

eighty+
05-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Hi Copy Of Mary Hopkins Mother and Child ok ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

AndreaMG
05-04-2014, 07:47 AM
You're welcome Dear E+, now she looks all right. Haha Poor Caesar, it's been a while now, he must have gone in some exotic place on vacation and maybe he missed the match :D KKIA ORA AND STATTE BBUONO, it's not yet time for the white dress and the holy bible ;)

eighty+
05-04-2014, 08:36 AM
hi Andy thanks have a look at Marilyn eye's see if they look any better ??? Ok I expect he's lolling around in Tokyo in SHOCK ;) :D :D :D Ciao STATTE BBUONO Si Si

vandra
05-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Hi Vandra Would it be impolite to say Hello ya nuecastle Geordie Git ;) ;) :D :D :D:D Yae or nae

No problem :) :)

eighty+
05-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Hello Geordie Gal ;) :D :D Thanks good to see you have a sense of humour My regards Mr Ploos SLAINTE ..KIA ORA.. STATTE BBUONO..Si......Si .....SHENTI jainkang

vandra
05-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Hello Geordie Gal ;) :D :D Thanks good to see you have a sense of humour My regards Mr Ploos SLAINTE ..KIA ORA.. STATTE BBUONO..Si......Si .....SHENTI jainkang

Yes Eighty+, well you've got to have a sense of humor when you support Newcastle United :)

copespeak
05-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Marilyn is looking very spunky Eighty!

eighty+
05-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Hi Geordie Gal Yeah they just beat Cardiff so cheer up after all you could be supporting Brighton see I've put the watching Eye's back- Yuk who's watching ? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Robbie Thanks yeah She was a Beauty She shouldn't have sang to the President :eek: :cool::cool::cool: as its Sunday I thought you'd like to see a Butterfly ;) ;) :D :D

To Two Aussie's KIA ORA

AndreaMG
05-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Hello Dear E+, Marilyn looks better (maybe a bit more push of the right eye towards the center is still needed I'm afraid :p). Beautiful butterfly, glad you begin to get the hang on the oils. STATTE BBUONO SI SI KIA ORA :cool:

justjean
05-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Your ladies and the little fellow all look great Mr Ploos :)

eighty+
05-05-2014, 01:10 AM
He said Blimey Mate Do I look Like That And I said Well you Do Now :D :D :D

Thanks Jean Good to see your back fireing on all Cylinder's ;) ;) :D:D

Hi Andy Ok Ok she's getting a bit Knocky ;) ;) Oils yeah thanks to you but still along way to go :eek::D ...... To You both KIA ORA STATTE BBUONO....Si...............Si

eighty+
05-05-2014, 01:12 AM
;) ;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D forgot to post the painting

eighty+
05-05-2014, 03:00 AM
Hi Help How do I switch off the Magic box after I've finished with it as its stopped me Painting Thanks for your Help 80+

eighty+
05-05-2014, 04:09 AM
Hi Saved it then it was ok could slop a bit more paint on ok more to do ok ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORE STATTE BBUONO ..Si......Si SHENTI jainkang ... SLAINTE

D Akey
05-05-2014, 05:33 AM
Now yer cookin' wif gas, laddie. . . Excellent color. Nice brushwork. GO MAN GO!!!!!!!

AndreaMG
05-05-2014, 08:03 AM
You are doing great with oils, keep going! :cool: SALUTI

eighty+
05-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Hi Cap'n Mac Thanks. But how do you turn off the Magic box ???

Thanks Andy. But no more tonight as the Snooker final is on tonight CIAO.

To U. Both. Kia Ora. STATTE BBUONO ?..Si......Si