PDA

View Full Version : Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

eighty+
05-29-2013, 09:11 PM
hi Doc Smith 626 I dids't wonder why the choir-boys called him old Prune face ;) :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
05-29-2013, 10:40 PM
hi bus wacky no 5 :) :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
05-30-2013, 12:14 AM
hi Bus Wacky No 6 :cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
05-30-2013, 02:05 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 7..............SLAINTE :D

limey-g
05-30-2013, 02:09 AM
Some really interesting bus portraits amongst the latest ones, they sure are keeping you busy and out of mischief.… :)
Geoff

D Akey
05-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Excellent Mr Ploos! You're picking up on the styles really well. Seeing all the different characteristics of the various portraits is a jolly good exercise of the visual muscles. Noothin' quite like a boos ride through the artists quarter for finding people what are exercising their right to Style.

You really do have a knack for this. You sure this ain't your old stompin' grounds? Just be careful not to put your hands through the windows of the boos when it's movin', laddie. One of the artists may snatch your pencil.

Really though, you seem to be getting quite fluent in these styles. They are looking quite great and distinct, each one! And what is more, these styles are so personal that you have lots of latitude for creativity and deviation from the norm. But this boos is always on track. Go man GO!!!!!!!!!

coops
05-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Oh wow oh wow Dear Eighty you have found what you should be painting NO.6 AND NO 7 these are so bloody terrific. Whoops excuse me I didnt mean to swear but dear friend these are sooooooooooooooooo good. Need more need more, this is the way to go dear friend. Take care of yourself dear Eighty and now get painting:) Get back on the bus and leave the moon rivers alone but the one in your flask is enough. hehehehe:):):)

eighty+
05-30-2013, 06:44 AM
Hi. Geoff Mac .....sorry after the last one. I just keeled over so it looks as if I've been out

for 51/2 hours :eek: ok there's. 1 thing. I would like to know. Is it ok to sketch these. As

Keep. Reading something. Saying there maybe. Copyright on these images. Ok. So how

Does. That effect. Me sketching them ??? Any ideas. Thanks. Mr. Ploos

eighty+
05-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Hi. Dame. Katie of the Moara. Thank you. But have you read my last post if so. Do

You know the answer's to my question's. Hope you are well. After your hectic week-end :D

No 6. I did. Like doing as I tried the crayon 1st time it's a bit like charcoal but with no feeling. :D

No 7. Had me reeling. All that colour. That's what put me to sleep :D:D::D. Ok. SLAINTE

D Akey
05-30-2013, 07:59 AM
I don't know the whole law. I think that it's fine to use it for the purposes of education and for amateur fun. Artists have been copying artists for time out of mind. If you're selling them, that may be another story. It's probably a good idea in general to cite the original artist. Beyond that, learn away, lad.

Musicians learn by playing the songs of other artists, copying chops and all that. Could you imagine if a student was forbidden to play Chopin? I don't even know if professionals have to pay somebody to use the music of the classical artists.

Build them chops. Steal the techniques all you want and apply them to your own stuff. That's where you want to go anyway eventually. Expressionism is really easy to assimilate someone's style. Just look at a painting and apply it to another image -- like one of your own sketches. You're half way there anyway with those because you grab a face through your own impression of the person you're sketching, rather than a photographic representation. Just add wackiness to it -- go mad with colors etc.

HAVE FUN LADDIE!!!!!!!!!!

eighty+
05-30-2013, 09:57 AM
hi Mac yeah I reckon it is a form of education even at 85 :D:D:D these last one is a self-portrait of the artist Jim McVicker Humboldt County ,CA, U.S of A.

looks like another Haggis basher :D:D:D I did go a bit bonker's if you look at the orginal you will see what i mean ok :eek: :cool: :cool: :D :D

D Akey
05-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Tell me this, Mr Ploos, do they bash 'aggis in Ireland by way o' Humbold? 'e's a Mic e is. No a Mac. Sure can paint tho even if 'e don't know which end of a sheep the 'aggis comes oot.

Paint style's rather conservative and pleasant to the eyes, from the samples I saw. Makes him sell-able I'm sure. Grand lifestyle too from the look o' tha landscapes.

You're missin' the boat me good chappie. Give yer own self-portrait a bash for real. Yer a right painter's dream come true as a model. Just cause yer used to yer own mug, do no take it for granted. Give yerself an expressionist makeover, oh aye, that's the ticket.

Expressionism says anything you want to do is right an' proper.

eighty+
05-31-2013, 02:17 AM
Hi had another look at his nose ok :D :D :D

justjean
05-31-2013, 03:37 AM
keep traveling your going great on those bus ride Mr 80+ :)

Caesar
05-31-2013, 03:48 AM
Spectacular latest additions! I see also the old good Amedeo popping out!;)

eighty+
05-31-2013, 05:42 AM
HI Jean glad your enjoying my caper's on the Wacky Bus yeah the Driver is Mad Mac the Haggis basher so where we are going he wont tell me :eek:: D :D :D

Hail O Caesar O Mighty one yes you had me :confused: went to Google to see who Amedeo was :D yep the bird with the long neck he loved them :D :D

yeah there is one of the master himself so I might have a go ok Ciao STATTE BBONNE Si Si 1 for Jean SLAINTE :)

eighty+
05-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 10

Docsmith626
05-31-2013, 11:59 AM
'E looks the sort o sassanach as would have the sheep tremblin' in their boots. :D

eighty+
05-31-2013, 10:28 PM
hi sorry about the fox he crept in while we were having a tea-break ;) and Bus wacky No 11 ok :D

Hi Docsmith or should I say Hoots Mon ya ken :D:D:D as they say in Eire SLAINTE ;)

eighty+
06-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 12 :cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
06-01-2013, 01:58 AM
hi Bus Wacky No 13 ok :cool::cool::cool:

Docsmith626
06-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Aye, Mr Ploos. A few o my kin had to scarper for the Ohio territory after that dust-up at Culloden. ;)

D Akey
06-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Yer a ruddy tourist and that's a fact laddie. . . 'angin oot tha boos, slappin' paint all aboot the passers by afore they can adopt a defensive stance.

Fine work lad. I particularly like the Colonel Sanders workin' as 'e was in 'is former franchise Kentucky Fried Absynthe (a business idea from back when 'e was a mere dark pated leftenant on leave in the hind quarters of Ex-pat-sionist Paris. . . Fine work that. . . an' 'istoric ta boot.

All are quite excellent. I particularly like the colorful ones. Boot tha sketchy ones rock the boos as well.

Go LADDIE GO GO GO!!!!!!! Yew got a real knack for this/these style/s.

silvy
06-01-2013, 10:16 PM
I love Bus Wacky No 6 , really a lovely B/W portrait :).
All the new adds is good also. Bravo:cool:

eighty+
06-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Hi so sorry late replying but have not been with it lately think its my age :D :D this last rough sketch surposed to be Doris Vlasek-Hails but to me it reminded

me of Maggie the expression :D:D did a bit with my right hand and it made me think that my Ipad should be on the right side of my Wacom being left-handed

yuh learn somthing everyday ;) :D

Hello Silvy yeah i like no 6 took me back to charcoal it should be better but 1st time with the crayon need more pratice ok Thank you STATTE BBONNE Si Si

Hoots M'Docsmith ya along way from tha Heelands so yuh can stop running ;) :D :D :D

Hoots Mac sorry seemed to have slowed up been drifting in limbo land and all the different styles tend to make me think so brain is complaining something about his comfort zone ok but Thanks for letting me ride on your Wacky Bus and I promise I'll keep my head in ok

............SLAINTE ,,,,,,,,,:D :D :D

eighty+
06-02-2013, 02:56 AM
hoots Mon :D :D :D :D tis Bonnie Prince Charley is that the pipes I can hear on yuh knees Sassanach's :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
06-02-2013, 06:09 AM
hi the bus brokedown so had a go at Silvy's cherry's tree's nearly drove mad :D so hope you scuse my try :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
06-03-2013, 01:39 AM
HI bus WAcky No 16 ok :D :D :D :D :D :D......SLAINTE

eighty+
06-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 17 ok ;) :D :D :D SLAINTE

justjean
06-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Great passengers on that Bus Wacky Mr 80+ :D

eighty+
06-03-2013, 08:10 AM
hi Jean yeah this Bus Wacky Driver noe's all the best place's I think This artist was the stud of plymouth in his prime :D:D:D:D:D:D

Bus Wacky no 18

limey-g
06-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Come on eighty, admit it, this is a self portrait of you at work, some years back. :):):)
Of course it could also be wishful thinking.
Geoff

eighty+
06-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Yeah. In my dream's. Geoff. :D:D:D

eighty+
06-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Bus Wacky No 18 ok :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Hoots mon Our Laird is Calling grab yuh broadsword put on yuh kilt and come running :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
06-04-2013, 02:00 AM
HI Cap'n is not amused look's like 20 lashe's of the cat for me :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :p :p

coops
06-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Hi there dear Eighty wow what a beautiful sunny and HOT day, just come in from the garden for a cold down. Its great looking at your latest and oh so colourful paintings, I do so enjoy them. I have to say one again I giggled at the one of poor Mr Akey hehehehe. Keep fit and well dear friend.:)

D Akey
06-04-2013, 02:16 AM
Looks like the boos 'as been careenin' aboot wif mayhem in its wake, oh aye. . .

I look at this last one an' 'ear the pipes callin' oos ta paint, an like out garters, ta make it snappy, oh aye.

These are a sensational collection. The one blue eyed lad reminds me a wee bit o' Hugh Laurie. And what aboot the lad wif 'is model? The boos is on the loose. . . I've soodenlay become a tourist meself, struck dumb wif fascination as I scramble through me spooran for a pencil an' sketchbook.

Expressionist yerself laddie! Oh, ach, and Cap'n Ploos, since ye took the tiller for a spell, might want to 'ang a right at the purple cat. . . ye won't be disappointed!!!!

eighty+
06-04-2013, 03:26 AM
Hi Dame Katie Of The Moara yeah looks good even if have'nt been out :D

Hi Mac What's with the purple cat were does e hang out :confused: :D :D

.....SLAINTE :p :D

eighty+
06-04-2013, 04:24 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 20 ok SLAINTE :D :D :D

eighty+
06-04-2013, 05:52 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 21 ok SLAINTE :D :D :D

samiro
06-04-2013, 08:56 AM
I admire not only your talent to draw sketch'es and catch different faces and places crossing your bus
but also your wide breath and your continuing love for drawing and drawing again
thanks a lot you give us a good example to be always close to arts

eighty+
06-04-2013, 11:12 AM
My. Thanks Samiro. You've said it ( the prinsess habit ) as someone who only found by chance
They could draw. The shock. Was mind blowing. Then my students gave me a computer so I could send
airmail. Then was at amerson looking at laptops when saw a sketch pad. So I got one. Luckly. It
Had Artrage with it. Had to get a friend to fix it up for me as my computer knowlidge is nil :D
And still is. :). so what you see in my thread is more or less my lot :D:D so thanks for viewing.
I see you have been a member for a long time. I like what i see of the waterfall. Waiting to see
More. Ow. I forgot to say. What a great lot of help I've been given since joining. Names to
Many to mention but. Dame Katie D Akey Caesar Have looked after me like a baby. At. 85 :D::D:D
Ok keep. Well.

eighty+
06-04-2013, 01:57 PM
hi Bus Wacky No 22 ok Slainte :D :D :D

justjean
06-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Wonderful faces and colours on those last two, Mr 80+ :D

D Akey
06-04-2013, 06:17 PM
What on God's green Earth did you teach lad, where the students would buy you a computer which they had to teach you to use? I kind of had you pegged for a political science or social sciences chappie or trade unionist or someone what fought the good fight for the people.

Anyway, the pics are right honourable. Looking grand. I really appreciate when you go off yer nut with color and still keep a semblance of clarity of the features. Using the planes of the face is a brilliant way to go when doing this sort of thing as in the most recent pic. Go Mr Ploos GO!!!!

eighty+
06-05-2013, 01:35 AM
Hi Jean thanks wish i had your skills I would be able to jump the moon ;) :D :D :D

hi Mac its a long long Story best never told ok :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
06-05-2013, 03:58 AM
hi Bus Wacky No 24 ok :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-05-2013, 05:30 AM
Hi BUS Wacky no 25 ok :D :D :D

eighty+
06-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 26 ok SLAINTE :D :D :D

eighty+
06-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi got on the wrong Bus ended up at Jupiter :D don't know who this guy is soon as i decided to sketch he disserpeered :confused: think he may be the bloke worked

out the sling shot but not sure he did pop up for a second so what you see is not who it should be ok :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
06-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Hi had another go with Crayon :eek: :D :D :D SLAINTE

D Akey
06-06-2013, 04:50 AM
I love these! Go man go. I really like the bloke what worked in the budget circus what got fired oot of a slingshot. They couldn't afford a cannon. More ecologically efficient too. Hell, the bloke couldn't afford a body. How's that for poor.

This last lassie is a really strong pose filled with attitude.

Anyway, love the exaggeration and distortion of these figures. It adds a personal voice. You been applyin' any of these sensibilities to your own faces? Keep goin' laddie. Yer doon grand!

eighty+
06-06-2013, 05:25 AM
Hoot Mon did yuh sleep in :D:D:D on this last Bus Wacky thought I'd have go at thick paint :eek: yeah got in a right state allways forget to change

the brush sizes :D but I grimly stuck at it but felt like calling for the reaper so I could have rest :D :D :D :D :D :D think I'll have a large brandy

to get over the shock of it SLAINTE

eighty+
06-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 29 ok :D:D:D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 30 ok :D:D:D SLAINTE

justjean
06-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi had another go with Crayon :eek: :D :D :D SLAINTE

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=75823&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1370440374

A lovely painting Mr 80+ :D

justjean
06-06-2013, 07:18 PM
My oh my you have some great roguish looking people on that bus , I think it's time we took up a collection to help pay for all those bus rides you take , then paint and post for our delight :D

eighty+
06-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Ho Ho Ho Jean you've packed the Bus Wacky with your lot :eek: can hardly move more top brass thou soon be complaining that the Champer's

is not cold enough Yeah I ask you you'd think we were on the Queen Mary ok I've done 1 of your Mob have a nice day SLAINTE :D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
06-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Hi BUS Wacky No 32 well not realy its Artistinfla's girl i liked his, so tried for pratice think I may have streched her my usaul fault :D:D:D:D

if he wants it removed I'll try to find out how to do it ok :D:D:D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 33 ok SLAINTE :D :D :D

pai
06-07-2013, 01:04 PM
So many great paintings I have missed. Love your recent colorful paintings and the subjects. Especially like Lenkiewicz painting and Bus Wacky No. 18. Keep going, is an eye feast for me. Kuai le. SHENTI. Jainkang :):)

coops
06-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi there dear Eighty, wow summer is here and how I love being out in the garden. You have been so busy and these paintings are brilliant. I do so look forward to seing them and i do check each one every day. Keep them coming dear friend. Stay fit and well dear Eighty:)

eighty+
06-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Hi Pai thanks pleased they keep you smileing

Hi Dame of the Moara yep your doing what I should be doing sort out the garden :( I think I've got to have a couple weeks off to straighted things out

as at the the moment I'm floating on a tide of paperwork :D:D ok so if I'm not around You'll know I'm biteing Bullet :D :D :D :D

............SLAINTE......... Kuai le. SHENTI. Jainkang :cool:

operated
06-08-2013, 07:32 AM
hey mr eighty ,

ive seen u paint the nightwatch , and well i figured as i went there couple weeks ago ud like to c a picture of some of the paintings they had there , the nightwatch itself was so crowded .... .But was well worth the visit .
[/ATTACH]7584675847

D Akey
06-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Good work, laddie. The boos moosta got all confused at the roond aboot an spun oot careenin' through the fox hunt an' in something of a reverse British Invasion, spun out into the gentleman's livery pool.

I have no idea why those blokes 'r wearin' brown turbans, but it's a dashing look, in a highly decorated master chef sort of way -- must have made one helluva beef wellington to get the OBE. So yer among the aristocracy once again. Posh circles. Swords, pomp an hoi palloi.

I would have a tear come to me eye, boot I done got me tears pick pocketed in the Expressionist neighborhood an I ain't got two tears to rub together na maar.

I like the mannerist lass (the one with her top up) and the elegant position of her hand. Fine work and a decided lack of expression as was the custom among the rich an' noble. The model matters to be sure. Now ye choost ha' ta paint 'er lettin' it all hang out. . . I mean color wise. . . no like the topless posh wench. Boot I mean wif vigor. Oh aye. I suppose that's after you take on the Belgian, as yer takin' requests.

Go man go!!!!!!

eighty+
06-09-2013, 01:21 AM
HI Operated Thanks For the Picture's Yeah I was lucky had the correct Programe on the telly when they showing the opening of the Rik-museum a how they had to get the

nightwatch across town and into the rik-museum then showed up on the wall not quiet as good as mine :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Mac Yeah don't know what happened 1 min was with them expressiorist then was carvorting with the Russien aristocracy and the Romonofs lucky I had my Tie on

must admit they do a damm good moon river with real vodka even made my bald spot Glow ya ken Moon :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Geoff Hope this is one of your's as he's looking hungry and I've only got my old caterpualt with me and the elastic is on its last legs

would it help if i pray but who to as I'm not Religous :confused: :( :D :D :D

limey-g
06-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Hi eighty it could be one of mine, you never know, funny you should mention a catapult as I recently made one ,I think I am going through my second childhood :):)
Geoff

D Akey
06-09-2013, 05:44 AM
That wolf looks like he come off one of me cub scout first level patches - Wolf. It goes Wolf, then Bear, then Lion, and then Webelows. See if ye can paint the full menagerie. And don't ask me what's a "webelows". I think it may have been invented when in a freezing high wind huddled around a little sterno fire. . .

Q: "H-h-h-ho-o-o-o-w-w-w c-c-c-c-co-o-o-old is -i-i-i-i-t?"

A: "W-w-w-w-e-e-e-e b-b-b-e-e-e-el-o-o-o-ow-s-ss-s z-e-e-e-e-r-r-o-o-o-o-o-o". . . .

Paint Mr PLOOS!!!!! PAINT AWAY!!!!!!!!

eighty+
06-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Hi Geoff Me as well Good ain't it Fancy a game of Football up the Cowfield :D got any spare Elastic for my Caterpault :) :D :D :D

Hoot's Mon A Scot from the heeland's moaning about the cold H'a yuh nae got yuh kilt on Brass monkey's to you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

pai
06-09-2013, 10:55 AM
i like this last one. like small college style with a series of different people :)

D Akey
06-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi eighty it could be one of mine, you never know, funny you should mention a catapult as I recently made one ,I think I am going through my second childhood :):)
Geoff

Well, we'll call Harold to let him know his siege engine is finally ready. So what'll it be today, fire balls, boulders or diseased cows?

D Akey
06-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi Geoff Me as well Good ain't it Fancy a game of Football up the Cowfield :D got any spare Elastic for my Caterpault :) :D :D :D

Hoot's Mon A Scot from the heeland's moaning about the cold H'a yuh nae got yuh kilt on Brass monkey's to you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So when ye no hear of a Scot no complainin' aboot somethin', even if it's merely oonda 'is breath. . . me moonkays are brass alright. . .

So, lad, ye stopped the Time Travelin' Ploos Boos at a Parisenne bordello in the 1920s is it. . . an' we're in luck. . . what with your sharp shootin' in the time machine, it 'appens ta be 'appy hoour. . . So grab ye sketch pads and roond back oop here at tha boos in 19 hours. Yer first moon river is complimentary. Limey G will have to leave 'is weaponry at the door. They've a rather strict policy aboot catapults and sooch. . .

eighty+
06-09-2013, 12:27 PM
ok ok ok I've got an invite to the Party so keep yuh blinding hand 's off :D :D :D :D :D :D

D Akey
06-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Oh aye. . . 'e's wif me. . . let 'im froo. . .

'ere at the 'otel California we stock the security cadre wif uniformed Amazonian babes -- large, fit an' incorruptible that lot. Mind ye do no want ta start yer skivin' until ye get thru the door. . . Hit on one of them gate guardians and you'll soon discover how part of yer anatomy can remain standin' in place while the rest o' ye is oot in tha gutter. . .

The team is not renowned for their joviality -- rather their jock-ularity is elastic and snappy. Move quickly, make eye contact with neither of em. . . inside it's a different matter entirely. . . Come Mr Ploos, lad. . .

justjean
06-10-2013, 01:08 AM
another grand series Mr 80+ :):):)

eighty+
06-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Hi Mac this Bus wacky is like Dr Who's Tardis 1 min with the Nobilty then a Paris Brothel must admit the girls did look after me washed my hair cut my toenails which

were like claw's as I have a hard job reaching them, spruced me up and said call in anytime your are always welcome when your in Paris :eek::cool: then Bingo I'm

standing at the door of the Hotel California held in the grasp of two seven giants Lucky you come and said E's ok its Mr ploos just as well as I was on the verge of

giving them a right Bashing , did manage a few Moon river 's then tried to clime a Palm tree with not much luck fell on ma bonze :D then as quick as a wink I'm in

China with Pai explaining that at my age I get easily :confused: ;) Wow I'm back looking at my Wacom and looking out the window looks like a strong wind and cloud

our normal Sunday ar-well got the tennis and the F1 to see come'n Ham murve ya'arse SLAINTE STATTE BBONNE Si Si Kuai Le. SHENTI Jainkang Zia Jain

eighty+
06-11-2013, 02:15 AM
hi How do You Crop to Selection ???????? Thanks :confused::confused::confused: :D:D:D

eighty+
06-11-2013, 04:23 AM
hi still trying the size did find the manuel but can't understand Arabic :D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
06-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Ho Ho Ho just a try a rubber sketch yuh learn something every day :D :D :D ....Bus Wacky No 36

eighty+
06-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Bus Wacky no 37 ok :D :D :D

eighty+
06-11-2013, 06:50 AM
hi Bus Wacky No 38 ok :D:D:D

eighty+
06-11-2013, 09:52 AM
hi Bus Wacky No 40 ok :D :D :D

D Akey
06-12-2013, 02:39 AM
Wow! Now that's what I call wacky color! How fun is that. Very cool. Looks like the ones what were in line first got all the color and the lad in gray came to the color feast a bit after they stopped handing out the grub. Less wacky to be sure.

Yeah, clever the idea of using a clown as an expressionist image. Clown paintings were never really my thing to paint because when I was painting it was considered well out of fashion, but they do fit the requirements remarkably well. They are about expression and emotion in an exaggerated way, plus they are very painted up such that they can be read from a distance. Very clever indeed. The expressionists really needed to lighten up, hahahaha. And your painting being so different than the cliche clown paintings breathed new life into the theme. Well done Mr Ploos!

The lad below the clown looks like the same bloke out of stage make-up?

Good on ye lad. Yeah, ArtRage forums was down yesterday when I looked in. Glad to see you've been continuing the ride. Go Man GO!!!!

eighty+
06-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Hi Mac Blimey you were up and at early this morning what up doc Guilty con.....whatever:D yeah that plain clothes bloke triped me up wanted to come on our

Wacky Bus said he was a artist I said yeah thats what we all say :D so i said can you paint wacky stuff he said I created it I said all right bighead show us he said well it

will be a bit rough as its some time since I put my brushes away Yeah I said and the Cow jumped over the Moonok here's one I done a long time ago I think can still

remmeber it its called Pierrot :eek: :eek: :eek::confused::confused::confused:

eighty+
06-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Bus Wacky No 42 ok :D :D :D :D

D Akey
06-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm lovin' all this stuff. So was it Mr Picasso then in harlequin guise?

Yeah, not my guilty conscience getting me up, but a rasher o' foul, choost ootside me window, screechin' their fool heads off at frickin' 4 in the morning. And blimey, if some yay-hoo bought a rooster who was practicin' for his concert at the Chicken Ranch. A bloody flippin' cock in this neighborhood. Best not be turnin' 'im into a fighter. Will not do at all.

Right. . . keep up the pace, lad. Yer doon great.

justjean
06-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Tis a great slice of life you encounter on that bus Mr 80+ and I enjoy seeing them all :)

eighty+
06-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Jean glad you enjoy them and get a laugh just had a go at Picasso's Mum 1896 e done it in pastel when he was a young Boy don't think E's talking to me now :D:D:D

Hoot's Mon do want my caterpault that'll shut im up all that strutting and keeping u awake :D :D :D :D :D :D

Caesar
06-13-2013, 01:23 AM
You're in an absolutely fantasctic expressionist mood, dear friend! You found Your ultimate style! Go on!

eighty+
06-13-2013, 03:15 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One yuh reckon :D Its not me I just sit on these Wacky bus to where-ever it Goes yuh can blame Mac the driver Think He

must have been a Mad Surrealism in his Prime anyway where 's you been not another holiday ;) :D :D Wish I had been a Italien ....Holidays spagetti sunshine Bino

and lots of forien Birds Talk about Tutti Frutti you got it Made ;) :D :D :D ....STATTE BBONNE Si .....Si.......:p :cool:

eighty+
06-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Hi Enchanter Sorry having seen your girl which i like thought i'd have a go :D but I had a touch of Matisse as I streched her nose like a banana I did try to

a chop some off but to no avail :eek: should have cleared the slate and started fresh but to lazy , then I started to do the background with the wall paper brush but got

paint on her then I remembered they said use layers :D:D and that was the start of more trouble so in the end I gave up ok But not to worry as she will be

Riding on the Wacky bus w ith me SLAINTE :cool: :cool: :cool:

coops
06-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Dear Eighty I am blown away and not by the wind, Your paintings are terrific and I do think that you have found your way on this new bus. I cannot say which one I like best as they are all wonderful. Keep them coming as you give us such enyoument viewing them. Keep fit, well and painting dear friend:)

eighty+
06-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Allo Allo Allo Dame Katie Of The Moara where's u been as Garden must be well manicured By now or have you been to Chelsea for more plants ;) :D:D:D

Looks like more rain today and the wind is quiet strong, are well soon be Christmas !! :D:D:D ok I've just bunged babe Rub on the bus to keep her quiet :(

ok keep well SLAINTE

eighty+
06-14-2013, 02:29 AM
hi been back with the girl as i could'nt leave her with a nose looking like a banana :D:D when I try to Post they said its to llarge I said WHAT her nose

they said no u idjut the whole painting so had to go back home and cut some chunks of ok so I don't know what its going to look like might be like Dorien Grey

:D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE....STATTE BBONNE Si Si........Kuai le. SHENTI Jainkang .........:p

D Akey
06-14-2013, 06:40 AM
That's no banana. . . that's my nose. . . hot cha cha, oh aye. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pR7VnoL-o

Yer doon well Mr Ploos. . . A little moore conservative stoof these last few but very cool. . . check oot Fraiser-Paice's cat and do no kick 'im. . . Just one o' tha avenues on the Ploos Boos Expressionist Route. . .

Edit addition:
Say, I was lookin' at tha wee one, and I like the way you divided up the shapes in a 2 dimensional way and then exploited those shapes for themselves as shapes on the canvas. You may be lookin' to transfer into abstraction along this boos route seein' as you're startin' ta look at shapes for their own virtue. It's an interesting thing how the human family rode this same boos line, oh aye. A fine trip, explorin' all the ways one can represent stoof. Goin' this a-way and that, favorin' bits o' one style over another in the same canvas. . . sorta like London wif its diverse neighborhoods.

eighty+
06-14-2013, 11:20 AM
HI Mac Och away with yuh Mon I rarely kick the bugger's :D:D there to fast for me :( read a S/f where they ruled, as they had organized us lot to look

after them but one bloke could hear them talking so they tripped him so he got killed by a bus :D:D:D :D:D:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
06-15-2013, 03:19 AM
hi didn't wake up till 1oc someone was ringing the doorbell time i got out of bed they had gone :D:D:Dl SLAINTE

eighty+
06-15-2013, 04:42 AM
hi Bus Wacky no ???? :confused: Girl in a Chemise ok P :D:D:D

eighty+
06-15-2013, 11:32 AM
OK OK OK She can Sit beside me on the Bus Wacky :D :D :D SLAINTY

eighty+
06-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah he said I'm coming too :( are well :D :D :D

justjean
06-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Your faces are all looking great, such interesting people :D

eighty+
06-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanky. Thanky. Jean. Do you think. I've. Gone past. My. Prime :D:D:D. Yeah.

More like. My 2nd. Childhood Whish my legs would keep up. :(. :eek::cool::cool:SLAINTE

eighty+
06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
C'mon Men Forward or we will miss the Bus Ho Ho Ho

eighty+
06-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 50 ok :D :D :D SLAINTE

justjean
06-16-2013, 05:35 PM
I think your in your prime with these latest paintings :)

limey-g
06-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Really like this last one Eighty, she looks quite elegant.
Geoff

eighty+
06-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Hi Jean Stop pulling my leg ;) Nah I like it realy make feel fit and in my prime I looked at Suzanne I could swear when I painted her she no ear rings on prehaps

I'm past my Prime Yuk Yuk thanks Jean

Hi Geoff How's the Wife alright now ?? are you back wood working now ? or still sorting the farm Go Man Go :D :D :D

this next Bus Wacky is one i Copied from S.O.S Crazy Box head which got lost in transit so I've done another one I have asked support if they can find it but wont

know till next week when they are back at work ok Slainte STATTE BBONNE ....Si....Si......Kuai Le. SHENTI Jainkang

limey-g
06-17-2013, 02:27 AM
Hi eighty thanks for asking, after a series of tests we have found out she has problems with her liver.
So we have been spending more time at hospitals for more tests for which we are waiting the results.
So not much time for anything else as she is my priority right now.
I still find time to look in on the forum, it takes ones mind off things a little.
Geoff

eighty+
06-17-2013, 03:18 AM
Hi Geoff yes Your right She is your main Priority forget all else as you know our better half's have allways looked after us when we have felt a bit dodgy

even when they didn't feel so good themselves they made us their Priority ok wish her well E+

eighty+
06-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi Bus Wacky No52 ok Slainte :D :D :D

eighty+
06-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 53 ok SLAINTE :D :D :D

eighty+
06-18-2013, 02:06 AM
Hi Bus Wacky No 54 ok SLAINTE :D :D :D

D Akey
06-18-2013, 05:54 AM
Must have fallen asleep on the boos. . . Nice range o' imagery. . . Good on ye, laddie.

Just trying to wake up. See if ye can get this boos to stop for a coffee. Been oop ta me eyeballs wif work, oh aye. And had to do a lot of brush clearance on the property. . . and a wee bit o death an' destruction. . .

Findin' me isolated apricot tree suddenly dead wif no sign o' disease. An' there have been others like me Japanese Plum and others. I'm suspecting it's gophers eatin' the roots. The front yard is showin' signs that they backed their little rodent recreational vehicles and set up a tailgate party. . . withoot a gatherin' permit. Called the coppers, but they turn a bline eye to the crime and will no come to keep tha peace an' arrest 'em. Och, nay.

I'm thinkin' they're oot back as well, just no so easy ta spot owing to a large covered deck what hides their 'oles. Still, there's some dead trees wif no signs of disease. An just a wee bit doon tha hill at an old abandoned school the place is honeycombed with their holes.

So I plotted against 'em, which I set ta action. I got me a nasty little trap, see. An' time's come ta dig a hole to their tunnels, set the thing, put it on a string tied to a stake, an' cover it oop. Hopefully they'll be gettin' their comeuppance. Killin' me trees, especially the fruit trees is no' acceptable. . . even the flippin' squirrels what been stealin' me fruittrees clean every year call for the death penalty. They tell me it'll be like ice fishin'.

So 'ere we go.

You choost keep on paintin' like nothin's oop. . . do no want ta put their guard oop. . . paint well, lad, an we'll 'ave oos some apricot gopher 'aggis, oh aye. . .

eighty+
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
HOOOTS MON I now Dub ye Laird Of The Gophers Arise ;) :D :D :D if you put some saucer's of whisky make sure its from the Heeelands then they will sing

and I'll be in Scotland a'for ye they might even give you a verse of Annie Laurie aye :D :D :D Fraid havn't done much had a look at Oskar No 28 moved his eye's

and nose down tried to lift his chin dropped his forehead hairline and lifted the top I know I should have chopped his head off and started fresh I keep telling myyself

to measure but always forget that's why I get Banana nose's and long Face's the Joy's :D :D :D ok You could have it worse like Man eating Spider's :D :D :D

..............SLAINTE .....:p

eighty+
06-19-2013, 05:08 AM
Hi lazy day today just tarted up No 53 ok SLAINTE

kenmo
06-19-2013, 05:12 AM
super updates... Love 'em all...

D Akey
06-19-2013, 05:30 AM
Did ye no want bananas on the front of the face then? Well, ta each 'is own. Ask a moonkay. They would prefer it I think.

Say, what's Ronald Regan doon cavortin' wif the caribou? You caught 'im posin' on 'oliday is it.

I'm likin' the lads 'elpin their da. Doon graphics work wif transparancies o'er an light box. A wee sod-bustin' graphics house on the prairie. Who's the client? Cochise?

Fine work, laddie. Keep plooggin' away a' tha proportions o' tha 'ead. It's why doon a lay-in sketch ta get the axises right is no choost a fair method, it's a tool what professionals use all the time. . . that is if they're no tracin' ootright. Right? Go man go!

Oh, an' if ye want to heat oop tha fire in your paintin, yer may want ta push your saturation. Faintly saturated colors ne'er kindled fire nor heated oop an blacksmithy's 'orseshoe. Dark values aroond is most important. But tha saturation is key. An' climb from tha cooler warms like cooler to warmer reds in the area picking up the glow thru tha oranges as it gets toward the hottest point to tha yellows and yellow white (roughly). All depends on how much of a focal point you want to make of the fire. But rich color heats it all up.

eighty+
06-19-2013, 06:05 AM
Hi Ken Thank you

Hoots Mon thanks I've burnt me hand :eek::D:D:D

eighty+
06-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Mac that bloke is Oskar Kokoschka not Ronald Regan :D:D:D:D:D:D

D Akey
06-19-2013, 07:28 AM
So now I'm pootin' a marshmallow on a stick to hold oop ta tha monitor, oh aye, to give it a wee toastin'. I can feel the heat here in Claiforniee. Good job that, lad. Well doon.

So ye painted ye the Oskar. One way to win the award. Sharp thinkin', I'd say. I do no think even Ronald Reagan ever won. Boot Oskar is a form o' Oscar. Well, print it oot, put that pic up on yer mantle along with your moose's 'ead an' oother trophies an' I'll vote for ye for president as well.

eighty+
06-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Hey Hey Move over Mac your hogging all the fire now thats your's that of you've Dropped off the stick anyway it'll taste better being in the ashes go well

with The Gopher Aggis :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-19-2013, 11:53 AM
hi the love of his life ..............Oskar

pai
06-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Like your black and white, No. 54. :)

eighty+
06-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Hi Pai yeah I liked sketching that one it flowed easy don't no who done the original just saw it on google ok ......Kuai le. SHENTI jainkang :)

Bus Wacky no 51 come across a better painting I could see his hands ok :D:D:D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-19-2013, 10:09 PM
ho ho ho Spring is in the air ;) :D :D :D

eighty+
06-19-2013, 11:19 PM
HI FLower's for the Girl's ;) ;) :D :D :D

eighty+
06-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Hi Bus Wacky O. K :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-20-2013, 04:04 AM
hi Bus Wacky O.K ok:D:D:D ,,,SLAINTE

operated
06-20-2013, 04:24 AM
Keep watching ur updates ,

and its so cool .Also the way u do different styles etc .

Love ur spring painting made me smile.

coops
06-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi there dear Eighty, hope all is well with you. I love this bus ride and and soooooooooooo enjoying the faces. You really can do anything. Stay fit and well dear friend:)

eighty+
06-20-2013, 07:30 AM
Hi more Flower's I Think :confused: :D :D :D

Hello Madam Katie Of The Moara as you know I've only done 2 year's of my apprenticeship 3 to go

then a pass grade C :D I don't think I could ever paint like you even if the reaper lets me have

another Ten years :D :D :D SLAINTE

D Akey
06-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Och, laddie, I can see yer bloomers. Boot to a Scot, what else is new, Jimmay? :p

Good stuff lad. I really like the drawing of Oskar's lady's face. And needless to say you're getting personality into your portraits. Neat-o! Go man go go go!!!!!

eighty+
06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi operated Made u smile did it. ;) made me smile too as for style I ain't got none I just try
To Do draw and paint what ever strikes my fancy but mainly face'es as I've got used to seeing them :D:D

Hi Mac. Are you friends still singing :DOr demanded Champer's sorry about the flowers a

Touch of madness it gets me when I'm not looking. :D :D :D SLAINTE to u. Both:D

justjean
06-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Great faces 80+ :)

eighty+
06-20-2013, 11:55 PM
hi Jean My thanks Sorry about the flower's I do Have a try :D :D as for face'es I plug on regardless hoping one day they might look ok :D :D :D

keep well and SLAINTE :)

eighty+
06-21-2013, 02:22 AM
HI Oskar you here again today Blimey I can reconized you at 50 yds you done a lot of S/P was the cost of model's to high ;) :D :D :D SlAINTE

D Akey
06-21-2013, 03:17 AM
I like the latest one of Oskar. Nice line quality. I think yer doon great.

So that blighter is the one wif the bloody rooster. So are ye sayin' this pic's a right cock up (in the right corner)? I mean I can no disagree, since there it is plain as day. Boot I think it's also a right success.

eighty+
06-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Hoots mon D'nae ken John Peel w'his coot so grey had a rooster ta wake im int'morn so stop yuh blethring as I'm still waiting for a Gopher Aggiss

And ma bott has run dry Yaker-doo Yaker-doo :eek::eek::eek: :D :D :D :D

D Akey
06-21-2013, 03:44 AM
Hoots mon D'nae ken John Peel w'his coot so grey had a rooster ta wake im int'morn so stop yuh blethring as I'm still waiting for a Gopher Aggiss

And ma bott has run dry Yaker-doo Yaker-doo :eek::eek::eek: :D :D :D :D

Nay, well at least I dinna mistake 'im fer Ronald Reagan. Ya knows, I was thinkin' that if somebody were ta choost paint people what naturally looked similar, ye could no go far wrong crankin' oot the portraits an' choost labelin' 'em different. . . sorta like callin' every waitress "Honey" or "Doll". . . or callin' every fella yer encouragin' "Jimmay".

So, good on ye Jimmay! Keep it oop. Moon river's on me, lad for such clever paintin's.

An' while yer oop, paint a muzzle on that rooster. Scarin' off me gophers.

eighty+
06-21-2013, 05:49 AM
Corr Mac I bet e went to a good school ; ) e do pick that Oskar thought it would be a quick one took me 2 hours

I see You become Friends With the Gophers Thats the spirit make comunity join hands and sing auld lang sayn or I never walk Alone :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
06-21-2013, 10:07 PM
hi IPad try ok whats the cause of flash strikes that u cant get rid of with the undo button any ideas thanks SLAINTE :D:D:D

eighty+
06-23-2013, 05:01 AM
Yeah Its falling Down lost a quarter with the transom tool :eek ::D then when posting to large so cut it to 80% :D:D:D:D:D:D

justjean
06-23-2013, 02:34 PM
A great variety you have Mr 80 from the gray man to the blue eyed lady and then off to town, all are great :)

limey-g
06-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Nice job on Tower bridge eighty, walked across it many times in my youth. Hope things are well with you.
Geoff

D Akey
06-24-2013, 03:40 AM
Good stuff Mr. Ploos. I wonder that when we cross that bridge whether the boos gets into a more or less whacky part o' toon. I'll say ye moost 'ave cropped a rather substantial portion of that bridge oot, cause Limey G crossed it and ended up clean in Canada. Must be a rather long bridge, oh aye. You reckon that's what they mean by a suspension bridge? Cross it and yer suspended?

Interesting question you raise about the time taken to make a painting. Who can say what's right for each artist. I tend to take a long time with my paintings because I play a pretty fair end game and like all my T's crossed and I's dotted. But when I was painting all the time for moonay, I was really fast for no other reason than I was going down the same road over and over and just got super efficient. Heck, I would listen to books on tape to keep my mind from getting in the way and questioning every ruddy decision in the painting process.

So now that I take a long time painting I don't paint as much. So there's a trade off and I think painting fast and often as you do is probably better in the long run. But painting slow does show you what are the important things to include when you speed up. So it's rather important as well.

Go man go!

PS. JustJean, that was a funny post ;):D

eighty+
06-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi Jean Thanks whats Mac on about ???:D:D:D
Hi Geoff was :confused::confused: think I was on the wrong Bridge :eek: :cool: :D hows your better half, tests ok ???
Hi Mac sorry so late but my windows Email has gone walkabouts so have spent all day looking for it but no joy but I think on trying I've made a puddle
........... into a lake so I'm still looking for a Paddle to get me out of the s--------t :D:D:D think it might been caused trying to use ruler's and the transom
...........to move them thats how lost the left 1/4 of the bridge was going to stick on the road up on the right a white transit Van with the bloke looking in the
...........engine and a police car with the two copper's walking towards him, bet decided to get out quick while I had some picture left ok:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SLAINTE

limey-g
06-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Hi eighty thanks for asking after my wife, unfortunately not good news as she has been diagnosed with colon cancer.
First appointment with oncologist tomorrow which we are not looking forward to.
Regards Geoff

eighty+
06-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Blast Geoff didn't want to hear that :( , I wish you both my good thoughts for tomorrow ok, , look after her as she'll need all your strenth.

D Akey
06-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi eighty thanks for asking after my wife, unfortunately not good news as she has been diagnosed with colon cancer.
First appointment with oncologist tomorrow which we are not looking forward to.
Regards Geoff

Oh, Limey, I'm so sorry to hear that. Keep us posted would you please, and love to your missus from us. You be well to look after her as Mr. Ploos mentioned.

God bless.

limey-g
06-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys, it came as a shock to us both, will keep you posted as we find out more about her condition.
Sorry for high jacking your thread eighty.
Regards Geoff

justjean
06-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Hi Jean Thanks whats Mac on about ???:D:D:D

If I find out I'll let you know and if you find out let me know ok :D:D:D

D Akey
06-24-2013, 06:17 PM
If I find out I'll let you know and if you find out let me know ok :D:D:D

I'll tell ya both because you both failed to decipher my meaning. . . when in fact it was exactly what you were managing when you mentioned Mr Ploos' pictures as if they had been painted in a sequence. It sounded like a story starting with the gentleman going to pick up his girl and then out they go on the town. Sort of read like a pictogram the way you said it. . . Bet you would be really good as a translator of ancient written languages, Just. . .if I may call you Just, Ms Jean?

justjean
06-25-2013, 05:34 AM
thanks for the mind opener, I like how you read it :D as for ancient written languages with my unimaginative mind I don't think anyone would be interested after the first 5 words :D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
06-25-2013, 06:30 AM
hi tis a madman :D what a day!! my email on my main computer went for runner :eek: and as I had tarted Ethel up, after a fight with the IPad :D think I won

on points :D , plus a lot of jeering from the crowd cries of fix, think they thought I was the Chancellor an:cool: who already taken my gold teeth :(

anyway being a 85 year old whizzkid and having read how to :rolleyes: in the IPad section ;) I connected IPad to Computer :D and all I got was the

Ref picture so I decided To have a shoot up at the Apple Corral so on to the bus and belive it or not I had no Sketchpad with me :(:(:( so there I was

on the bus with do paddles :eek::cool: so popped into Mac's for a Coke and some chips to gird ma loins for the ongoing fight well I done me best got a

couple of left hook in but he just smiled and ka oyed me with an upper cut then we were the best of mates and he sorted it all out so know Ive got a different

email so when got home in my eastasy downloaded Outlook So now I'm back in the mire that old song keeps playing There's trouble ahead :eek::eek::eek:

......:D :D :D... SLAINTE

D Akey
06-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Well, another fierce day on the technological moors, laddie? Nothing for it but to have a cup o'
coke and fries. Let the robots suss that one. When technology gets in the way o' yer sketchin', why it's a foul day indeed. You keep pressin'. Show 'em who's boss, there's a stout lad.

Incidentally, that's a right fine painting you done of the lass with those hugely brilliant eyes. I can't tell weather to look her in the eye or at her cleavage. It's really playin' 'avoc wif me natural male sensibilities. Ah, the power of Art. Good job that I can only look at the upper half of your painting OR the lower half. Reminds me o' one of them souvenir pens what when held one way you have a bathing beauty in a tight one piece bathing suit, and when tilted up on end the bathing suit disappears. Oh aye.

'ave ye no tried really really hard to look a lass in the eye, but yer eyes involuntarily kept being weighed doon by gravity only to land safe and sound on their bosom? That's the experience you painted there. Her eyes are definitely jealous and tryin' ta get me attention. But I keep scrolling doon. . . then back oop again. . . then doon. . . I feel like a ruddy school boy.

A well-painted duplex. Inspired.

eighty+
06-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Ok Ok Mac'Adam I see you couldn't Resist And have Bitten The Apple ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: SLAINTE

eighty+
06-25-2013, 11:42 PM
sorry still :confused::confused::confused: ok

limey-g
06-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Good morning eighty love the lady with the green eyes and I see the truth comes out, you made the logo for Apple :):)
Geoff

eighty+
06-26-2013, 12:24 AM
Hi Geoff yeah you know Mac the the hairy hound from the scottish Heeeelands :D Hiding with the Gopher's in the hill's of Californyuh had to chain him down as

was running Amoke :eek::eek::eek: and that was at a glime's only :D:D:D:D:D:D how things in the land of the canulks ok :cool::cool::cool:

limey-g
06-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Hi eighty we are kind of getting used to things a little, always enjoy your posts they bring some much needed cheeriness to the day :) :) :)
Geoff

eighty+
06-26-2013, 03:36 AM
Geoff Ok ok I'm. Now giving you a verse from the song. On the bright side of life sorry about my voice

Wife always said i was tone deaf. :D:D:D. Did u hear Me Keep smiling SLAINTE.

eighty+
06-26-2013, 04:25 AM
Hey. Hey. Hey. I think I've found it. I think I've found it the lost Layer's that is Thanks to

The crew up at the Apple Shop. Who talked me through the Devilish fiendish Plots so now. I'll

Soon be top Boy of the C stream. class. Ass my grades have jumped 2 places from C-10 C -8

:D:D:D. SLAINTE.

eighty+
06-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Hi Mac did u call me ?? I've just been globe trotting to tell the Boy's its ok now as Kathy is singing heathcliff :D :D :D so thought I'd pop in

in case u want a hand with your mates the Gopher's or that pesky Cockerdodle do that gets u up early :D:D:D:D:D:D

limey-g
06-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Nice one eighty but whats he wearing under his kilt, is he a true Scotsman :)
Geoff

eighty+
06-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Yeah Geoff just the usal two swinger's and Jim who got a mind of his own :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

sorry about Bill e just come along to help me with layer's and he got painted into the picture he said your mad when you've got that spray gun in your hand :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
06-26-2013, 07:07 PM
:D :D :D sorree still playing in layer's :eek::eek::eek:

eighty+
06-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Pete's apple bunged in a banana and some grapes as he is on a diet ok :D :D :D Kuai le. SHENTI jainkang zia jain :confused::cool:

eighty+
06-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Aye M'Laird I did hear Kathy calling but feeling a we bit groggy today but the wiffe has gone up into the attic to get my broadsword ok I'll be there :D :D :D

eighty+
06-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi Tuesday Bus Sketch'es Ist of 5 ok remembered my Sketch-Pad :D :D :D

eighty+
06-26-2013, 10:22 PM
ok the last 4 :cool::cool::cool: SLAINTE

eighty+
06-27-2013, 12:52 AM
Hi a touch of Matise :D :D :D :D :D :D

coops
06-27-2013, 03:05 AM
Hi there dear Eighty, hope all is well with you, been a bit busy just lately sorry havent popped by but boy what a great visit this is. Love your jokes with you fellow painters (Mr Akey especially) so funny and yes laughing out loud here. Great sketches once again but I really like the lady with the sunglasses.
Stay fit and well dear friend and keep them coming:)

eighty+
06-27-2013, 06:09 AM
Hello. Madam. Katie. Of The. Moara. To see you. Nice. :). All these rest days or where lolling.

Around, springtime. In Paris Oysters. And Champer's:D :D :D there ain't no stoping you.

Go Gal. Go. :D. :D. :D........SLAINTE.

eighty+
06-27-2013, 09:40 AM
hi my Wacom pen's have stopped working so had to do it mitt finger on IPad :( :( :( any Ideas :) :) :) Thanks SLAINTE

eighty+
06-28-2013, 12:06 AM
gud morgan :D A STARTER'S Titus e ain't looking appy this morning e's dad will give me a right kicking WHAT have u done to my Boy :D:D:D:D:D :D SLAINTE

limey-g
06-28-2013, 02:59 AM
Ee by gum eighty you have been busy turning out these lovely portraits, they are so varied both in style and in facial content.
Keep it up.
Geoff

eighty+
06-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Hi E+ they are so varied both in style and in facial contented Keep it up. Geoff :confused: :D :D :D

Hi Geoff in for a Pinch in four a Pound :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D

Hi Titus well what do think ! ?? Ho Ho Ho well at least nobody we know who I'am only hope Dad don't see it otherwise he'll give you a right bashing

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-28-2013, 03:29 AM
Plus you never cleared the Red EYE

pat1940
06-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Hello dear eighty and how are you doing, it has been awhile, have checked out your art and wonderful work, maybe your pen is not working but you sure are, take care

D Akey
06-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Hoot laddie! Ye went posh on me. Yer tanked oop on haggis an' put on yer formal tartan, trimmed yer beard into mutton chops and loosed a caber through the window at the museum and shimmied yer way in as a Scottish Mission Impossible maneuver. They'd never spot a Scot in full regalia breakin' in to the museum with such subtlety an' grace. Well, next time ye may want to buy a ticket and try goin' throo tha door instead o' pocketin' the coin and sneakin' in. . . though I approve of yer keen thrift.

Well it's good ta see yer sketches again. And the paintin's are comin' in like a ticker tape with stock exchange action. Go man GO!!!

Love yer wit what comes through your art, lad. :D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
06-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Hi Pat hope all is well for you good to see u and hope that u have tieded up those leaves :D :D :D

hoots mon hae u nae Ken I'm a thrity Scot on m'mither side ok and I've got my pen's working again thanks to a whizz -kid nieghbour all down to a wonky Hub :D :D :D

SLAINTE

eighty+
06-28-2013, 10:46 PM
hi was browseing the Gallery this morning blow out a lighted candle who do think! i bumped into T'was Mac looking a bit glum I said what -ho whats up doc ?? what are

u doing in the gallery so early in the morning!! Well he said I heard Kathy singing but could'nt find m'broadsword so I'll come later Tell the Laird ochkay but I've come to the

Gallery to get down from the hill as those pesky goddame Gopher's are ganging up on me! they had a chat with the Cockerdodle do to make sure I don't get to much sleep

thats why I'm here to have a doze I've made a card to hang round my neck, do not disturb Artist Meditating , Yeah I like that Mac do u mind if I join you :cool::cool:

nah on second thoughts I beter get home as now the Pens are working I should do some work ok Mac enjoy your kip :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-29-2013, 01:52 AM
OK OK OK Calm Down Picasso She ain't Looking at You :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-29-2013, 04:33 AM
hi made the canvas to small so had to cram them all in ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D ....SLAINTE

eighty+
06-29-2013, 11:11 AM
hi still trying a Boucher Gustav Lundberg

limey-g
06-29-2013, 12:10 PM
I like it eighty, nice job on the hair.
Geoff

eighty+
06-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Hi Geoff all ok up your end J'espere :D :D :D don't think this next one will be your cup of Tea :eek: :cool: :cool: :cool:

as Osbourne is not sure if he can make the poor poorer ?? he looking to cut the mass of Mp's who are only there to cheer or jeer he reckon's to cut 450 of them as

would make no difference to the running of the country :) plus he's had a chat with he's mate at the BBC as to the New's reader's and the weather forcast chats

to be automated in this our democatic enlighted age :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
06-30-2013, 02:53 AM
ho ho ho :confused: :confused: :confused: no Comment Stum Stum Stum

D Akey
06-30-2013, 03:35 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA oh my hoot and blurp. . . . What's a wee moon river amongst friends doon the corner bacchanal, eh?

The only trouble with that paparazzi pic ye tore from the pages o' tha tabloids is that it was photoshopped. Ya see me beard ain't naturally blue.

Should read: "'avin a great time. Wish I was here. . ." Ach, laddie, I think ye definitely look a wee bit different without yer beard. Yer horns are showin'. Boot ye 'ave to be a hellion on the rugby pitch. Clearly a depiction of tha winners' spoils. Well doon, Mr Pablo Ploos. . .

eighty+
06-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi Mac trust you to get the best spot :) Pablo insisted that your hair be blue :Dok took him back he said so don't blame me as I'm only innocent bystander ;) :D :D :D

...........SLAINTE

D Akey
06-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Hoot! Laddie. . . yer out doon yerself. Fantastic stuff. I'd like to attribute it to broadening yer horizons with all the broads on that wacky boos ride, boot, who can say. Might have been any number of causes. But it's amazing work, that powdery-puffed-up-aboot-'imself lad an' this melancholic lass. . . you done injected the lot wif emotions, but no wacky ones. Ya see, they're holdin' a true emotion each one. . . even the one of us with the lassies, though I seem to have forgotten most of the details. (Remind me, is 'a blurry recollection' an emotion?)

Ye choost scored a couple big points for us with these grand paintin's. GO MAN GO!!!!!!!

eighty+
06-30-2013, 09:53 PM
hi Mac I forgot the iron ok do you fancy a cup of tea as its sunday ;) :D :D :D

coops
07-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Hey there dear Eighty , well now havent you been busy with so much painting and boy so much humour. You really make me giggle. Love the last one of the lady, you have gotten so talented my friend. Stay fit and well AND KEEP THEM COMING:)

eighty+
07-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Hog Madame Katie Of The MOARA ..........MAC sorry been in a state of Hibenation I even missed the F1 and this evening I've had my ear bashed by Glastonbury

but my thanks to you both I see you've made me a grade C- 6 My Mum would 've been pleased as she always said your a right usless Sod :cool::cool::cool:

By the way the 1 i'm posting had to make it a starters as started late ok but it should be the young Scholar :confused: :D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE

D Akey
07-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Sunday tea? Why thank you very much, my posh gentleman artisan. You'll no be a booser. . . er. . . a boos rider today. Yer taking tea in the parlour. 'Ere now, 'elp yerself to a bleedin' crumpet. Soaked 'em in moon rivers all personal an' tidy like, I done. Spikin' crumpets on a Soonday is somethin' of a family tradition. . . 'ere now, use your fookin napkin, there's a proper head boy, now that yer mum approves of ya. . . an' raise yer pinky. . . tha. . . no the other. . . right, the one with your opposin' team's bollocks skewered on it. Much more genteel. . . Ah, tea. . . no drink quite so soothin' on a Soonday. . . an' pull in yer horns. . . it's yer day off, Pablo. . .

Oh, and there's another fit picture. Lookin' good, laddie. . . boot if ye do no slim up her neck a wee bit she'll be in the clutch on the pitch come Moonday.

eighty+
07-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Hoots Mon. Can u nae see. She's. From a long line of family bull necks. :D:D:D. :p

eighty+
07-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi Mac The Young Scholar Froganard cast your eye on it I've called it FIN done what you reckonmended :( :) so see what u fink :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

justjean
07-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Mr 80+, wow, love all the expressions on the faces and great painting on that lady intent on whatever she is pondering on while leaning on the table :)

eighty+
07-02-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi Jean When I was at...... School I nearly said Scholar ho ho ho no chance I would be pondering

.......... Football Cricket Running but the war blew all that up in the air keep well jean so u can catch me up ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

D Akey
07-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Hi Mac The Young Scholar Froganard cast your eye on it I've called it FIN done what you reckonmended :( :) so see what u fink :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

Yes, lad. Far better. More feminine. And the curve to it is pleasing. Well done.

Looking at the next one now. Looking quite good as well.

In keeping with all your Classical portrait stuff, I'm presently working on Beethoven's Fur Elise on the guitar. I think perhaps all your Romanitcal Classical paintery done aimed me back to a more interesting time as well (not to slight contemporary music which I also love). But as to the olden times, it's hard to find those clothes off the rack anymore to get into character -- ya know artists and their disdain for garmentry on models. Probably a reasonable guess as to why in the earlier picture we were naked. Didn't quite know how to dress for the occasion.

eighty+
07-02-2013, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=D Akey;450958]Yes, lad. Far better. More feminine. And the curve to it is pleasing.
Nah too brutal. Lost the softness of her face

In keeping with all your Classical portrait stuff, I'm presently working on Beethoven's Fur Elise on the guitar.

Yeah. Went to Google. Nearly blasted my head off you should have gone to Glastonbury it

Would have been right up your street:D. Made me think of getting a Geetar. But the left hand

Is only fit for drawing. As artheritic is stiffen ing the finger's. But might buy a cheapie as

Might do the finger's good :D:D:D. SLAINTE

copespeak
07-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Eighty, these classical portraits are terrific!!! :cool:

eighty+
07-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi Robyn Thank you as I know you've got a good eye :) :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
07-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi :cool: got to go to bed ok SLAINTE

limey-g
07-02-2013, 04:52 PM
I really like your latest theme of classical portraits, they are so good.
Geoff

eighty+
07-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Hi Regards to your wife Geoff how things improving my thoughts are all-ways with you ok E+

limey-g
07-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Hi Regards to your wife Geoff how things improving my thoughts are all-ways with you ok E+

Thanks eighty we see the oncologist this afternoon so hopefully will know more then.
Thanks for asking about her.
Geoff

eighty+
07-03-2013, 03:58 AM
Thanks Geoff for keeping us updated ok SLAINTE

eighty+
07-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Hi think its a self portrait by Antoine-Jean Gros I chose it because she must have been the Queen of cross hatching I tried but gave up ok :D:D:D:D:D:D SLAINTE

justjean
07-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Holy smokes Mr 80 you sure have shoved the bar high, these portraits are wonderful :)

eighty+
07-03-2013, 06:45 PM
HI Jean sorry was finding my Limbo bar at 4' 6" even with a handrail I couldn't manage now my joints are stiffening so had no option but to push it up to 5'

........hope you don't mind ! its all Mac's fault realy as e's got me limbo danceing to his Geetar Music :eek::eek::eek: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D SLAINTE

Caesar
07-03-2013, 10:45 PM
You're in the early XIX century now, as far as I can say ... Excellent outcomes from Your last time travel!

coops
07-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Hi there dear Eighty, hope you are keeping fit and well. Boy you really have got your eye in. The latest finished painting is fantastic. I always enjoy your work so much so keep them coming. Have a great day dear friend:)

D Akey
07-04-2013, 04:24 AM
Sounds to me like your hands aren't given to plucking about. I must say that's a vision of you doing the limbo -- a situation where raising the bar makes it easier hahahahahah. Very funny. I'll have to steal it. :p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

As to your paintings, wow and double wow! That last cross hatched portrait is sensational. Great structure. And the ones before it are remarkable as well.

Say, I actually think you like this period in history because everybody has white hair like yours -- being blokes from your clan and sharing racial features and all. It's a clannish thing, laddie, that makes you so adept at it. Oh aye.

Go Mr Ploos Go!!!!!!

eighty+
07-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Soree Soree didn't get to bed till late woke up after about 3 hours sleep had a chat with Jean turned over backto sleep :D work up at just about 3 as someone was ringing

the doorbell time I got out of bed they had gone :D went and switched the computer on but nothing then Microsoft they will do a repair so had some porridge as thats all

there was :D went to see if Microsoft had done they said no :( so I pulled out the hub switched the computer back on and it worked ok :D so went then to David as

was not happy with his arm so I've tryed to pull it back so it lenthion's the forearm ok see what u fink :D as for his grey hair he said the shock of getting so close to

the gillotine his hair went white overnight :D:D:D

Hi Madame Katie of the Moara I'm well but dunno about Fit think I'm just hanging on :( :D :D :D

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One. good to see your back from your Hol's :eek: :cool::cool: :D

Hoots Mon I think it was the Limbo dancing thats got my computer trying to get in on the Act :( :D cast a Glance at David with his white hair he's got it coss I liked it ok

Funny that as you were the only to Menstion it ok and be as Critical as you like as it helps me to pay more Attention thanks SLAINTE SATTE BBONNE Si Si

limey-g
07-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Well eighty your work keeps getting better and better, love this last one.
Geoff

eighty+
07-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi Geoff how's it go at the doc's ? ok

limey-g
07-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi Geoff how's it go at the doc's ? ok

Hi eighty just making some decisions on her treatment,thanks for asking.
Geoff

eighty+
07-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Hi. Madam. Katie of the Moara. I'm going to try your summer flower's so see what a hash

I make og it. Ok. Keep well. Cloudy. :D

byroncallas
07-04-2013, 08:56 PM
These recent portraits are really terrific. The thread continues to be a marvel. :)

eighty+
07-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Ho Ho. Ho. Byron. See you've. Gone bonkers. Couldn't you sleep. SLAINTE

eighty+
07-05-2013, 02:20 AM
Hi Madam Katie Of The Moara Summer Flower's :D as Promised Think Its slightly better than those Stones :D:D:D:D:D:D

My head is in a turmole and my hands are bleeding had to keep chopping chunks off before they would let throu ok

.......SLAINTE cloudy has rained as the road looks wet :confused: :cool: :cool: :cool:

D Akey
07-05-2013, 04:29 AM
. . . and be as Critical as you like as it helps me to pay more Attention thanks SLAINTE SATTE BBONNE Si Si

Well, hard to be too critical on this one. You got his expression really well -- that sort of petulant "I'm all that" sort of look. I was comparing it to the original and it resembles it well. I think you paid lots of attention to the details. By comparison, if in fact you are aiming to make some money doing forgeries, is that that painter modeled things only a little more than you have done. Your stuff still looks like a drawing that has been taken to nearly a painting, more so than it looking like a painting. But that's not a criticism. . . unless you are after an exact copy.

This piece is brilliant. One of your best, and you definitely definitely definitely are nailing his emotion, which is quite subtle to get it without going too strong or too weak. I look at this painting and I want to play this song for the model "Don't worry, be happy, and let them eat cake."

You're blowing me mind here, lad. Amazing stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Fk1PwVeU

eighty+
07-05-2013, 06:14 AM
[QUOTE=D Akey is that that painter modeled things only a little more than you have done. Your stuff still looks like a drawing that has been taken to nearly a painting, more so than it looking like a painting. But that's not a criticism. . . unless you are after an exact copy.

Hi Mac can u explik more in detail as being an 85 year old duffer it take's a long to sink in ok like the song thanks

thought I'd look at Layer's but the misteries are stiill beyond me ok:confused::confused::confused::D SLAINTE

eighty+
07-05-2013, 06:28 AM
HI Thought she'd look better with arms ok :D :D :D SLAINTE

D Akey
07-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi Mr Ploos,

Well, it isn't about layers what I'm talking about, it's more about having your line work describing things and a little bit of tone to add some volume. Probably the most obvious place to look is the cravat where you have the line and only a wee bit of modeling.

modeling = creating the illusion of volume through going from light to dark in appropriate ways that make it look dimensional and in keeping with what you're painting.

Like painting a ball in two different approaches:

1) Linear: where you draw a circle.
And then you could add a little tone which would give it some dimension, but there's a point where it's still being mostly defined by the line circle you drew.
This implies volume because skillful line drawings tell our mind how things are and volume is not needed. Your bus sketches are often of this kind. The volume is implied.

vs. the other end of the spectrum where you can define volume through the gradient only and no line (although you could have an edge).

2) Tonal: where you build up the volume based on how the light is creating the light and shadow. At the opposite end from linear, the tonal extreme would be without line but you wouldn't need it because dimension through light and shadow play is put in by the artist. The volume is actually described.

The photo of the original painting is really poor quality and you can't see it well, but I was referring to you describing much of the information through line with some tonal volume. To me that keeps it more in the realm of a drawing (although it's more about 50% linear and 50% tonal).

You can perhaps make out in the original painting there is more anatomical structure created in the nose and around the eye for example. You did a yeoman's job on it though based on a crap original.

But even the original artist was leaning toward the linear. But he just took the detail farther in the key area = the face owing to it being a portrait.

Hope that makes sense. It's all how much you want to go tonal vs. linear. It's a personal choice as the artist. And this is a kick ass painting you done, lad. I was just making an observation.

eighty+
07-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi Mac tried to sort as you reckkonmended :D but got confused with layers I may go back and merge them to see what will happen

anyway have a look at this 1 see if its better ok SLAINTE :D :D :D

eighty+
07-05-2013, 09:13 PM
sorry Mac :confused: :D don't no where I'm :D think this 1 as his arm is a bit further back ok :D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
07-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Hi Thought I'd go down on the beach today get a breath of fresh air might even have some Jellied Ells :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
07-06-2013, 04:59 AM
the duel in the sun still fighting :D :D :D

eighty+
07-06-2013, 11:15 AM
hi yeah the 1 serveing lost think he ran out of steam being the bigger heavy bloke great match Murry got to the final but he'll have a hard to win

the Polish bloke he beat will be the 1 to watch next year if he keep 's his weight down :eek: :cool: :cool: SLAINTE

eighty+
07-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi MAC don't think of me as an arsehole :D but I'm still :confused: :D what intrigue's me is when is a painting a painting and when is it a drawing :(

and when is a drawing a painting ?? :D ok as Ethel want's to no wether she's a drawing or a painting ?? I've told her that I haven't a Clue :eek: :eek: :eek:

ok don't drink to many Moon River's :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
07-07-2013, 03:20 PM
hi sorry but lost 1/2 the pictue ok think it happened when moving the Ref; and didn't know :confused: :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
07-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Hi. Thought I was up early but I see it's nearly 11oc so I'd better move myself As it looks like a busy

Day. Final of Wimbledon. Think the Serb will be still to strong for Murry who's such a slow starter

Likes to give the 1st set away. But we will see:D. And then. F1. With Ham on pole it's about time

He win's. One Ok. It's a lovely day all blue sky but it looks as if I'll be stuck at my Wacom

Trying to sort out my. Last cock-up. :D. Ok. Have a nice day. Yeah. :D:D:D SLAINTE

eighty+
07-08-2013, 02:21 AM
hi ok took quicker than thought ok tennis just started ok eye's down :D :D :D

justjean
07-08-2013, 07:43 AM
A nice painting of a lot of very busy women :)

eighty+
07-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Hi Jean. Yeah. Ow. The joys of the washing Maschine. :D :D :D

coops
07-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Hi there dear Eighty, hope you are fit and well. Seems a while since I have been chatting but been a bit off colour, fighting fit now lol. I love your take on my flowers, you turn your hand to anything and it turns out terrific. Always following your paintings as the give me such delight so keep them coming dear friend:)

eighty+
07-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Hi Madam Katie Of The Moara Off Colour what colour is that then is it any-thing like mine yeah I'm allways up the Banana tree on colour's :D:D

this next I've had to keep chopen chunks off as old eagle eye says with joy nah no good we can't get it threw the door I said did yuh see how they

got Rembrandst in at the Rif museum they said yeah thats different but your only an old Bogger!! and I thought we lived a Democratic Country :D:D:D:D:D:D

ok blue sky sunshine and laughter ok keep well SLAINTE

eighty+
07-09-2013, 12:07 AM
yeah makes yuh feel seasick Captn Blood and all that :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
07-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Hi Mac you ok 3 things entered ma boonze no1 too much boose feeling sick :D no2 out fighting fires :eek: no3 The Godpher's

have taken over :cool: with help from thier friend the randy cocker doodle doo :D :D :D :D :D :D S LAINTE

limey-g
07-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Never thought of you as a seafaring man eighty, nicely done.
Geoff

eighty+
07-09-2013, 05:18 AM
HI Geoff that Bugger Boudin naff make me sweat . only when i was on a troopship I'd prefer to lay under the Birch tree's half asleep with

a fishing rod in my hand of coarse the odd bottle of Bino yeah the wife liked a drop rough wine thats why she put up with me all those year's ; ) :D :D :D

when I was painting that seascape had to keep looking over my shoulder as thought Captn Jacktar might come and give me a punch up the Bracket :eek: :D :D :D

ok hope allswell up your end SLAINTE

eighty+
07-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Hi everybody's down on the Beach Sept the old Dodger ok :D :D :D SLAINTE

eighty+
07-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi quick sketch Boudin I think ok :D :D :D SLAINTE

D Akey
07-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi MAC don't think of me as an arsehole :D but I'm still :confused: :D what intrigue's me is when is a painting a painting and when is it a drawing :(

and when is a drawing a painting ?? :D ok as Ethel want's to no wether she's a drawing or a painting ?? I've told her that I haven't a Clue :eek: :eek: :eek:

ok don't drink to many Moon River's :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE

Hahah. Was away at a conference though. The gophers had the weekend off from my scrutiny, but I see from the little mounds of dirt that they remained quite industrious. . . and the trap's goin oot tomorrow. Freakin' 94 is all but it feels hotter and it's supposed to go up to 102 today and to get hotter this week.

When is it a painting and when a drawing? It's not quite the question regarding my comment (at least not how I intended it to mean). I was making a comment more about two different kinds of painting styles in Renaissance times and I suppose afterwards as well since they were influenced by their predecessors.

(Edited down a lot from the previous explanation that was perhaps a little too much about historical context and such. So here's an essential look at what I was saying:)

1) A linear artist is more focused on the information being accurate (eg. the angel came to visit Mary, so we would want to see all the feathers and hairs with specific garments with clear folds and the room and the stuff in the room and and all that detail.)

2)the tonal painters were more focused on lighting and how it defined volume. And they would have parts of the object disappearing into shadow and so forth for drama. (eg. recluse Mary Magdeline is in the cave contemplating God or whatever and the room is lit by a single candle. The play of the light and shadow is largely what makes that kind of painting work (also check out the Sistine Chapel for the volumetric sculptural quality).)

And of course there is no sharp dividing line between the styles and some artists straddled both camps in the same paintings in order to get different effects.

Hope this helps a little.

eighty+
07-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi. Mac. Pleased your ok. But you didn't. Have to get your. Knickers in a twist as you should
Realise I'm. Just an old. Bogger trying to understand what it's all about. Being a late starter who
Only. Found out how to draw by accident ok. I have read your break down and I can vaugly follow it
But haven't a clue how to put it into pratice as you know I only do copy work. Saved me having to
Think. And gives me pratice. My bus sketches are the only thing I can call my own work but don't
Get out so much lately. :D:D but thanks to you I started painting direct with the oil brush what I do
Now is to put my IPad on an easel beside my Wacom so can paint the picture that's on the IPad the last
Few I've painted like that it's harder to do but I'm getting used to it ok. You can have a moon river
Now I won't bore you with my. Yuk. :D:D:D. SLAINTE

D Akey
07-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Nay, laddie, just never you mind aboot not being to tha studio born (or some such rubbish). I don't know that what I wrote should have been taken as a suggestion about how to paint particularly. I was just takin' note out loud about what it looked like the street you were headin' doon.

I was just doon a little jig in an heat wave and got all delirious. Pavement's too hot for me feet and I need to dance me brain aboot like a drop o' water on a hot skillet ta keep it from goin' all poached like an egg.

I do have a suggestion you can use tho. When ye take on a painting to copy, really match the values (ie the lights and darks). Match em as near as ye can throughout the whole canvas. There's an old adage: If your values are good, the color doesn't matter.

In other words you'll have a solid painting if your darks are dark and your mid range is all there and your lights are as light as they should be and placed proper.

Paint on Mac Duff!!!!! I mean GO CAT GO!!!!!! (Cause Mr. Ploos won't need ta kick ye no more once 'e's got 'is values nailed doon.)

eighty+
07-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi Mac Keep Cool Don't Let The Bugger's Get You Down Yeah OK :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE