PDA

View Full Version : Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

eighty+
07-01-2012, 04:17 AM
OK the last 3 :cool: SLAINTE STATTE BBONE SI SI :D

eighty+
07-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Hi just done another 5 coloured bus Sketch'es ok SLAINTE STATTE BBONE SI SI :D

D Akey
07-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Wild and crazy. . . one of the groovy things about carrying out a sketch up is that it reflects where the artist is in relation to the people because it's generally a quick, sometimes offhand comment. It looks like you were interested in some of the sitters more than others, and that you were taking impressions in etherial ooze shaping it like clay into heads before it hardens or they wander off, or both.

I once saw a video of a lad down near Tiera Del Fuego at the southern tip of South America and he found a fissure in which lava flowed rather benignly. And he would scoop it out and fashion it into (can't remember what -- animals or something). It was very creative in concept. And he certainly had to work faster than a one-armed glass blower in an igloo. But the materials were crude - lava sort of dictated what he could and could not do.

It's a joy and sometimes a curiosity to watch what you come up with. Very dynamic Mr Ploos. Yer fearless, laddie, like the flag bearer in the Black Guard. No artist's material will remain unconquered, come rain or shine, oh aye.

I feel as if I should stand and salute. 'Tis a grand parade.

eighty+
07-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Hoots Mon you woke me up all that laughing :cool: yep I've found the Lava its amazing its like they say if you loook for it you'll find it :D:D:D

who would have thought it being on a bus :D I expect Caesar know's but he's kept stum don't want people dipping into his pot of Gold :D :D :D

well I've got to say Arraverdici Mac got to get some drawing done can't stand chatting to you ok as this next one i'm trying is not in my ball game

ok so wish me luck don't matter how it turns out I'll show you just to make you laugh Ok Mac gonna have some porridge with a touch of salt Chio

SLAINTE STATTE BBONE SI SI :D

eighty+
07-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi

Hi katie katie Coops Blue sky heavy rain sunshine what next ??? :confused: :D just done 5 W/c one's makes a break from the main Picture

not in the garden today are you :D:D:D ok Have a nice Sunday LUNCH :D:D:D SLAINTE STATTE BBONE SI SI :D

eighty+
07-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Hi one swollen foot for a drop of FRUIT............:D :D :D............SLAINTE........STATTE BBONE.........SI..........SI...................... .......:D

Alexandra
07-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Wonderful editions E+, I enjoyed them very much!

eighty+
07-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Hi. Sandra. Thanks Sorry about my rubbish I just get carried away think its called water colour

malaise?? :D Like your cool classic one looks like there's a touch of fungi on the branch'es

Good to see you. And to know your. Well Chio. Statte. Bbone. Si. Si. :D

pat1940
07-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi eighty, havent been around for awhile, been busy, hope all is well and I see you have been very busy, great paintings, take care and will be back soon

eighty+
07-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi Pat I've been busy. Blimey you ain't no slouch yourself :D I always look at your stuff. Even if I don't

Comment as you've got such a strong Fan base I think my two words a will only make you laugh

Are you off to Canada again Pat give my regards to your folks ok. See yuh. SLAINTE

Caesar
07-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Too much abundance indeed! Maybe You should make a sheet out of a face series to better enjoy and compare the colorful party of the bus guys! Bravo!

eighty+
07-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Where's yuh been Man ??? no good crying and hiding yuh head just because yuh team lost do you ever give a thought to the english fans who to them its

the norm :D :D :D only felt sorry for the two striker's your big boy who even tried to come back into the midfield and was so upset in the end walked off the field but thats life

with out the ball yuh can't score Goals :D :D :D and the Chelsa boy who going through a bad patch of form and was only on at the last 10 minutes and scored 1 and layed on

1 for Mata with luck it might help him start a run of Goals :cool: not that I'm a Chelsea fan more Arsenal but only because their Manager the Frenchman Wenger Mr fantastic

ok STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

coops
07-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Hi and good afternoon dear Eighty, hope all is well with you:) Love the painting of the Festival of Fruit you did a superb job on the silverware. The reflections are great. Go dear Eighty go and thrill us some more:)

eighty+
07-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops did you have a good sunday :D:D raining at the moment most unusal :D that fruit one would have liked to stay with it longer to darken the darks and a general

Sharpening but the foot called time :eek: just done a quick charcoal for Mac called the Wind-up gotta be a baseball fan to realy enjoy it :D by leroy Nieman who has just handed his

Cards in at 91 so It look like I might get a few more Years :D :D :D...............SLAINTE...............STATTE BBONE ....Si....................Si...................... .........:D

eighty+
07-03-2012, 03:47 AM
hi She must be good with caterpult :D :D :D.............SLAINTE..........STATTE BBONE SI SI :D

silvy
07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
A very lovely painting :):)

eighty+
07-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Hello Silvy Thanks but what one ??? :D:D:D no I'm only pulling your leg ok STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

D Akey
07-03-2012, 11:17 AM
. . . and the count is 3 and 2, bases loaded. . . and here's the wind-up. . .

Can't accuse you of Neiman dropping, lad. More like ye picked 'im oop. . . Nice one. Must say, I did go check out what you were copying, as I had a very long ago memory of this one, but wasn't sure. You did a nice job, ye dun. It's a funny image really. Typical exaggeration, almost like Al Capp the comic artist who did L'il Abner, who I believe Frank Frazetta drew for in his early days, with him being Italian and the guy that painted Conan, which connects you to Caesar. There. . . Six degrees of separation, artist style, with a couple to spare. . .

Nice work, Mr Ploos!

And that tall drink of water, that Diana kind of lassy ye got with the hare on her bum, she's a right proper type that I could identify around the world. You did really good on that one as well.

Of course, the still lifes and all that as well. . . why it's all making me hungry. . .

Well done you!!!!!!!

Hey, Ploos, ain't Brighton supposed to be some sort of vacation resort. . . you ain't slummin', lad. Yer workin' and the results are showin', oh aye.

eighty+
07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi Mac Thought you'd like the Wind-up actualy my good man :p on going to the link to Leroy thanks to you when seeing the Wind-up my thoughts flew back to you

as you being the Forums friendly no1 Critic :D :D :D you can see why:p :p :p :p :p :p

eighty+
07-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah the artist of the one I copied is Aron Wiesman ? American..... link via Kenmo ......in Chat OK

eighty+
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi Katie Katie Coops see you where busy Sunday :D its still raining hope your on high ground ?? I'm thinking of building an ARK but the price of wood its like Gold

now wonder there's so much of the rain Forrest dissapearing :D:D:D but at least the unighted nations we now will act to save the planet ;) after its too late :D:D:D

ok have a bit of Sunshine with the Mexican girl ok ...........SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si SI :D

eighty+
07-03-2012, 08:21 PM
OK OK Mac Control your self put the girl Down :D :D :D :D :D :D

eighty+
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi Katie Katie Coops The Carnival of Fruit does it look any Different to you or is it just my eye's :D :D :D SLAINTE

Caesar
07-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Dear ATPlus, Your works are astonishingly good and Your palettes fantastic.

Coming to the championship I already wrote therebout, but You apparently didn't read the thread.
Actually we lost too much time and energy teaching English team how to shoot penalties, teaching Germany how to annihilate their attack and middlefield to hope to face Spanish masters well fit to really engage them too, especially being one player less for almost half the match. Moreover our coach candidly admitted to have been so fair towards the players who performed well previously that he didn't put fresh ones, as needed, to replace either broken or exhausted players, like Chiellini (who caused Spanish first goal, thus a hard to recover unbalance), Motta, Montolivo, Cassano and Marchisio at least.
Anyway Spain is one level above all other teams in the world in the last years, so unlikely to be beaten by anyone anyway, least in our disastered conditions. We got a tie with them though at start, if You remind and we were the only one to score with them.
We're thus pretty happy to be second to them and going to play with them the tournament in South America where todays best team of the world only are admitted (Spain and us from Europe and I would remind that we're a four stars world champion and twice in European championship finals in the last three ones and a Germany team natural killer, whatever Lineker may have said for other; still hard to find a comparable team in Europe in the long term then, my friend, just like for Ferrari in Formula One) ... ;)

eighty+
07-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Jeezus they must of heared me laughing in Rome after reading

That. There's. Only. One word what springs to mind. BULLSHIT ;);):D:D:D;):p:p:p:p:p:p

STATTE. BBONE. Si. Si. ..............;)

.............. I'm. Still. Laughing

eighty+
07-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One I was going to send you a pair of Shoes for when you walk back from South Americ having lost all you money gambling on ITALY :D

......................... but could only find one ok so you'll have to HOP back ...:D :D :D :D :D :D..............Chio

Caesar
07-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Actually I saw poor nice German girls crying and not yet previous losers laughing so far.
Should it be so, since no one may claim to play the final by right anymore, maybe it's too laughing and boasting over there and somewhere else, even against facts and reality, that prevents achieving since quite long time ... apart from cricket, badminton or some other funny domestic-only game among few fellows in funny attires. :D
More or less as we use to be world champion of our version of pool game and bowling ...LOL:D
As for betting, I guess English bookmakers had serious losses instead. Still waiting to see England win by beating both Argentina, Brasil and Germany as we did in Spain '82 when they had some of the greatest champions ever (not to talk of 2006 in Germany's home, whatever Lineker may still think for You).

coops
07-04-2012, 05:04 AM
So much colour in the Mexican girl and the Festival of Fruit looks absolutely fabulous. Like the shoe too, you really are on a roll. Keep them coming and keep well dear friend:)

eighty+
07-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops Thanks the Mexican girl I just bunged the paint on like a maniac and hoped for the best pleased you thought the C of fruit looked better as you
know sometimes you go back in and lose it but i think thats more in trad as there's no Magic wand like digital has pleased you liked the the Shoe sorry about
the stiching blame Caesar as he kept me laughing ok just going bung in some bus one's the forecast looks good RAIN ok I can use the hose now:D:D:D

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Don't worry about our bookmaker's as they've all got big Sunny Villa's in ITALY due to the English fan's dreaming that England will Win at least

England are begining to play better so Maybe I quote Maybe in 8 years time with lots of luck they could Win ok :D:D:D:D:D:D

.....................To you Both SLAINTE..............STATTE BBONE Si SI :D

eighty+
07-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi saw something I had missed ok:cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
07-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Correct you are, Mr Ploos. I was a lifeguard. Also taught swimming. This bears a keen resemblance to an action shot instructing the class in the bre. . . er, the back stroke. . . elementary, my dear Mr Ploos. . . ;););););)

Actually, this looks as if I had been seeing if taking them mermaids out of water made them lose their tails. . . as in Splash with Daryl Hannah.

Fine work indeed, my good man. I shall take several copies and send them around as Christmas Cards. Ho Ho Ho. . . eh, wot? Great little stocking stuffer as well.

Love the other ones. And I do see the extra work you put into setting the table. Nice job. I was going to comment on the possibility of separating your objects out with some crafty lighting and darker darks. You cleaned it up well. Could go farther still. But it's a rather Herculean task. Indeed, there are lots of reflective surfaces amidst a myriad grouping of other surfaces. Rather like you got hold of one of them complicated jigsaw puzzles -- lots of little bits.

I like seeing the dancing kids again. Lots of personality in that. Still trying to figure out why the one on the left is holding the mother of all Q-Tips. Perhaps they're preparing the Nurse's Ballet.

And of course the Mexican lass is bright. Might want to give that one a couple more hours for finesse.

Also the faces are a good batch. Too bad paper warps when wet, ain't it.

Ho ho ho man Go go go. . .

Caesar
07-04-2012, 07:21 PM
WOW! ATPlus turned into a kinda Degas? Dear mate, You're a great one indeed! Marvellous new ones again!
I agree on the idea to consider D Akey as an artistic lifeguard, but I cannot quite see him like Pamela Anderson and her two prominent rescue floats ...;)

eighty+
07-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Hi Mac I see it brought happy memories for you ;) Life guard :D:D:D No Comment mind you got Caesar excited ;) as for the Mexican girl she had such a happy

tender look that the rest didn't matter much, bunged in the hot colours to warm us up us creatures from the colder climes:D The Ballet Girls done for Coops

Being she's a ballet Nut :D I was hopeing she would tell me what it was she had in her Hand ??? but Katie was Stum The Shoe was offerd to Caesar but He likes

to walk barefoot as being religous he's still trying to walk on Water :D Carnavule of Fruit as it was my 1st attempt was pleased but caused the foot to swell :D:D

the bus Sketch'es bunging some colour on opened a new ball game which not nowing water colour , I must admit I do Enjoy also a form of relaxing ok Mac :D:p

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Yeah Mac as LIFE GUARD ?? I expect you in your hay day would have been on his team :D:D P/A you've shown me a new twist

no I know why so many Women are taking up swimming :D:D:D..........to you Both SLAINTE.........STATTE BBONE......Si ...........Si.................:eek:

You'll have me SHRIEKING .........:D

eighty+
07-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops The Sun is here better late than never :D ok get into the garden quick before it goes :eek:

This one is for our two Lifeguards ok ...................Slainte................statte bbone Si Si :D

Alexandra
07-05-2012, 03:53 AM
More great additions E+, and I especially love the little ballerina's. You're thread is a great book now!:)

eighty+
07-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Hi Sandra Thanks yeah the ballet Girls I thought that the girl sitting on a two leged stool :D was dreaming she was the great Ballerina iwas acting the part

and the other litte girl was looking out the window to see if she could see her Mum in the courtyard as was time to go Home :D:D:D

SLAINTE ...................STATTE BBONE..............Si.....................Si ..............................:D

D Akey
07-05-2012, 06:16 AM
EGAD!!!!! An Expressionist swimmer is loose! Get my emoter running. . . :o;):cool::eek::mad::rolleyes::p

Dashing music, maestro, if you please. . .music to pluck swimmers by. . .
;););););)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/lifeguard%20babe/mengblom/life_lessons/lifeguard.jpg

eighty+
07-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Yeah Mac I remember him Well used to be a lifeguard on brighton beach they had to get rid of him as was always strutting around showing his muscle's

to The girls your bad luck if you where Drowning :D:D:D:p:p:p

eighty+
07-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Hi just 3 quickie's with my Cornflakes ok SLAINTE

eighty+
07-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Hi OK went out today as was sunny :eek::eek::eek: :D 1st of 5 bus sketch'es ok

eighty+
07-06-2012, 05:10 AM
ok 2nd of 5 :cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
07-06-2012, 05:15 AM
ok last three :D :D :D .............SLAINTE...............STATTE BBONE..................Si.........Si.....:D

pat1940
07-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Dear eighty, wow what fantastic collection since peeking in a few days ago, great work and a pleasure to view

coops
07-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi there dear Eighty, how I love the banter in this thread it so makes me giggle. I was a swimmer and a swim teacher so I would have been ok even though there was a lifeguard lol. So many new posts since I called into here but been busy working as you know. Phewwwww I must try harder to get in more often, take care dear friend:)

D Akey
07-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Loukin' gret, laddie. . . Yer a right production line, ye are. . .

Keep on with it. . . Just 'op the ol' boos fer free and ye got tha 'ole o' Brighton's free models as well. Goud n' thrafty. Most sensible.

eighty+
07-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Hi Pat ............. Katie ..................Mac sorry I'm so late in replying or early depending where you are :D:D but the truth is after posting the bus sketch'es

sat in the armchair telly on to watch the tennis on coming to many hours late'er wondered were the hell I was :eek: and trundled into bed :D :D :D on waking after about

11 hours kip went into the garden just to let the Snails know that I'm still around much to their dismay :eek::eek: :D:D I see nobody commeted on my Homarge to the

lifeguards the Shriek couldn't make up mind wether woman or Man I think Woman ok anyway my Thanks to you all SLAINTE........STATTE BBONE......Si....Si........:p

D Akey
07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I see nobody commeted on my Homarge to the

lifeguards the Shriek couldn't make up mind wether woman or Man I think Woman ok. . .

Whatcha mean, lad? I commented oop a storm, and stole a pic of superman just by way of comment. If yer talking aboot the lass what's doin' the backstroke, why I believe I admired 'em mightily. It's a girl, unless I miss me guess. . .

I saw no Shrek. You sure it got posted?

Anyway, you show them freakin snails just who's the boss. . . in no uncertain terms, and chase em out, sharp now. Ach, now me conscience is interferin'.

In fairness, you may need to give 'em till October, seeing they're a might slow off the mark. Not exactly winners going to be competing in the Summer Olympics this year -- Never made the cut. And the poor devils were sore disappointed, I can tell you.

And they got no proper skills neither. The best they can aspire to is sleeping under bushes and park benches. I think it's all the weeds they eat. Holds 'em back in life. A pity. 'Ere. . . maybe you can sketch 'em on their race to the gate. Practically like holdin' still, though, and they are keen to please. Tape a small coin to their shells in payment. Could give em a future, like in Les Miserables.

Good on ye, Jimmay.

eighty+
07-06-2012, 08:32 PM
hoots Mon yuh ken. I dinnae like to say this you being a haggis basher. But. :D:D:D

You Daft. blind. bat. You know that you should have gone to Spec-SAver's :p:p:p;):D:D:cool::cool:

D Akey
07-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Ye speak tha truth, lad. Just give me tha noomber of the post an' you'll be admired in an outspoken way, that ye will. . . if it's any good tha' is. No a free loonch, and yer 'agis is on the line. Boot I got particular confidence in ye. And if I say something off, why ye can just chalk it oop ta me lack o' vision and cheap spectacles. :cool: <--- they're a wee bit dark, them specs. Could tha' be tha problem, do ye think, Jimmay? They're me Ray Charles autographed spectacles, oh aye. . .

eighty+
07-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Hoots. Jimmay mon. I'm fed up bashing my head on the lamp postyuh ken but if you want to

Be spoon fed here goes. Why I'm so late in repling this time is due to me trying to paint the other
one they showed me from the same artist and made the feet swell so had to lay down again anyway
Thatbe as may. Back to your quest for the page number:cool: with great difficulty and Seaching I've
Come up with luck. Number. 329 ok. Enjoy your haggis and the Snails are a bit worried about
Carrying the Torch wether. They can get there on time for the opening. Ok :D:D:D:cool::cool:

chinapete
07-07-2012, 01:04 AM
... this thread is starting to read like passages in Joyce's Finnegans Wake, except there the conversation is an enigma wrapped in a fictional dream, and this is ... real ... :):)...

eighty+
07-07-2012, 01:23 AM
HI

Hi Pete Whats this Finnegans Wake ??? looks like a job for Google Yeah Hope your not trying to educate me ?? as poor old Caesar gave up some time ago:D:D:D

HI katie Katie Coops just thought I'd let you know its Raining Buckets here :D:D:D but keep working as its not Home time Yet :eek::eek::D:D

.....................SLAINTE..............STATTE BBONE...........SI...............Si............... :D to you Both ok

eighty+
07-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Hi should made the suround black before but at my age you tend to wander :D :D :D :cool: :cool:

chinapete
07-07-2012, 03:14 AM
haha ... "we don't need no education" ... line from a famous song ... but why can't I see your images? ... only some come up ...

eighty+
07-07-2012, 04:17 AM
Ho HO HO I like I like but it would have been fantastic if you had Sung it :D :D :D :D :D :D.........SLAINTE

D Akey
07-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Hoot. . .

Aye, I saw that painting clean enough. You're a right Munch-ee, ye are, lad. It's a fine painting for sure. Nice copy. You seem to have gotten the expressionistic nature of the painting, and I hope you sell it for millions. Talk about painting winners, as did Leroy Neiman, you picked a big winner to paint, oh aye, that ye did. Reportedly sold at 120. . . million. . . and yet in the video it shows it going for 107 million only. . . ONLY. . . 12 million in commissions to Southeby's. But what about sales tax I wonder?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9yBOiKTSqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WikBfNgr_eE&feature=related

I really like how you handled the colors and you got the nature and direction of the long marks. I feel the scream, although with the sweet palette that you used, it doesn't feel as much like a scream of angst or terror, but rather a jaw-dropping awe as with a sudden inspiration coming in.

--------

As to the following pastel with the two different matte colors, I happen to think the first color is a better matte color -- more in keeping with the overall palette. It relates nicely. Black is always safe and generic, like looking at a slide show or something, but it's a negative color in that it steps back from the picture. But I personally think the pink relates more and becomes part of the viewing experience. It gives the emphasis to the painting harmoniously, more like a support, dancing to the same tune as it were.

It's a nice painting. I think you did splendidly. You created a very nice palette within the picture. The colors harmonize quite well and show a sophisticated and mature awareness of color and composition. Bravo! (on both)

HOOT MON HOOT!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::):):);)

eighty+
07-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Hoots mon you know the only people who pay tax are the proles if there any doubt in your mind

Ask our PM. Cameroon is it possible he's a scot??? And the painting is on the market. For a

£5 note. A white one. Ok:cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
07-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Funny Pete. Joyce would probably love this thread.

eighty+
07-07-2012, 09:27 AM
hi mac who the hell is Joyce :D:D Sorry I missed most of your reply in the main one so
thanks for the links and I must say its the 1 st time I'veseen the original shriek and must say
I'm still not keen thanks. ;):D:D

eighty+
07-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi MAc you know who popped in for a chat He said he's never worried whats been written as he was only looking for an angle to flog his stuff he said its the name

of the game everybody does it anyway done a quick rough Charcoal sketch of him wich made him laugh :cool::cool::cool::D:D:D ''slainte statte bbone si si :D

D Akey
07-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Ah, I see you found 'imself bobbin' aboot in Finnegan's wake with all the highest brow literate flotsam and jetsam. . .

Yeah, he's the guy the egg heads love to analyze. And never mind your cornflakes. . . you and he make a very uncommon breakfast pair of egg heads an' a ham.

;););):p:p:p;););)

chinapete
07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
haha ... RE-JOYCE!! ...

eighty+
07-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah. ReJoyce O you Sinner's as We have given you DA. MOCK CRY SEE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:DPlus the united. Nations. And a holiday camp for.
Scientist's in Switzland so Re Joyce O You Sinner's as for the millions of people staving in poverty
That's just their bad luck as its the name of the game :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
07-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Ok. Now I can have my cornflakes with a slice of Banana and chat with Joyce:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
07-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi a few water colour Bus Sketch'es to get the old Bone's moving ok :D:D:D:D:D:D

1st of 5

eighty+
07-07-2012, 08:31 PM
HO HO HO three bottle's of rum and off I go :D:D:D ok ok OK the last 3 :eek::eek::eek:

coops
07-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi there dear Eighty hope that everything is ok down there with you, I see from the weather forecast that another lot of rain is heading your way. Stay safe dear friend.
Love your colourful landscape its so bright and cheerful and we sure do need that here at the moment. You latest sketches are once again great, Keep the great work coming as I enjoy them so much,:)

eighty+
07-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Hi Katie Katie Coops Ok you've got two days of Leisure so get painting I like the 2 butterflies what canvas or paper is that ??? yeah don't look to good looks as if it could

rain any minute :D yeah i'll try and stay safe :D but been winding the 2 youngster's up and you know the american way so I might have some gold shekel's on my head or

put in that holiday camp in the gulf of mexigo :D:D:D:D:D:D ok enjoy the Rain :D coss u might not see any for another day:eek: :eek: :eek:I expect when your sitting

at your desk looking out the window Monday at the butiful Sunshine you'll kick your waste paper Bin :D:D:D SLAINTE STATTE BBONE.......Si...........Si...............:D

P.s have a nice weekend :cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
07-08-2012, 12:18 AM
you
might
Well
ask WHO TIS I the AUTHOR OF FINNEGAN'S WAKE but then you would have all known and reconised me :D:D:D:D:D:D

SLAINTE..................STATTE BBONE ...............Si............................Si ...............................................:D

eighty+
07-08-2012, 03:48 AM
hi Lazy afternoon just watched Sabrina Win :D and just 4 only bus sketch'es :D SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

D Akey
07-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Golly, Mr Ploos, but you have quite a cross section on that bus line you take. Do you happen to pass by the offices of The National Geographic Society? ;););)

Anyway, great fun looking at your stuff. I like the water color in combination with your drawings. Interesting balance. The way you use the paint, it smooths out the rougher line work you were using there. Good stuff. Ah, I knew you were a colorist at heart. :):):):):)

cartuneman
07-09-2012, 04:09 AM
these are all great....They Move me....all of these, Your art inspires me to sketch.....great stuff man great stuff!

chinapete
07-09-2012, 04:28 AM
"Well, you know or don’t you kennet or haven’t I told you
every telling has a taling and that’s the he and the she of it. Look,
look, the dusk is growing. My branches lofty are taking root.
And my cold cher’s gone Ashley. Fieluhr? Filou! What age is at?
It saon is late. ‘Tis endless now senne eye or erewone last saw
Waterhouse’s clogh. They took it asunder, I hurd thum sigh.
When will they reassemble it? O, my back, my back, my bach!
I’d want to go to Aches-les-Pains. Pingpong! There’s the Belle
for Sexaloitez! And Concepta de Send-us-pray! Pang! Wring out
the clothes! Wring in the dew! Godaveri, vert the showers! And
grant thaya grace! Aman. Will we spread them here now? Ay,
we will. Flip! Spread on your bank and I’ll spread mine on mine.
Flep! It’s what I’m doing. Spread! It’s churning chill. Der went is
rising. I’ll lay a few stones on the hostel sheets. "

Sound familiar? hehe ....

eighty+
07-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Hoots Mac now I no why my toes are going purple Thanks

HI Cartuneman thanks havn't seen you for quiet a while last time was when i Bunged you in the artrage band sitting next to Mac who's playing the whisele pipe youv'e got a geetar
and looking at mac looks like he's about to have a punch up wirhthe big bloke on his right

CHINAPETE HO HO HO HO HO HO

........................................slainte STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

coops
07-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Hahahaha whos the guy in the babygrow you really crack me up dear Eighty. Hope the weather is being kinder to you take care dear friend:)

eighty+
07-10-2012, 05:08 AM
hi Katie Katie Coops sorry I'''m so late had a invite to Sunday lunch took a large Bott of e mediumy to sweet Hock very nice lunch roast pork with all the trimings

and the crackling just right and very relaxed host's I think I drank too much wine as was chatting like a magpie :Dwhen waking this morning feeling very sluggish then

smashed out a portrait of ChinaPete just to keep him jumping :D:D:D then out but was hard work the legs and feet didn't want to know done a few rough Sketch'es

with the side of pencil don't ask me why coss I havn't a clue :D:D any way put the box and enjoy but not as i do dozing off :cool::cool: SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

!st of 5 bus sketch'es

eighty+
07-10-2012, 05:12 AM
OK Last three ok SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

D Akey
07-10-2012, 06:59 AM
'ere. . . I didn't get no invite. . . but since you're askin'. . . I'll 'ave some 'aggis and a wee draft.

So what you're tellin' us is that you were drinkin' so 'eavy that ye started 'alucinatin' like and speakin' in the language o' China "James Joyce" Pete? An' ye did it in pooblic like, ootside the forums? Before the uninitiated? Oooohhh, lad. . . ye need te wangle ooos an invite for round two. . . moost ha'e been a right potato mash up an' light dinner conversation, that, oh aye.

Boot ye smashed oot some fine drawings -- a particularly excellent run this time. I can tell yer carburetor got blown clean. . .

:p:rolleyes::D:D:cool::) <--- an merry gatherin'

chinapete
07-10-2012, 01:46 PM
... well, then, if you must know, the buzz at lunch was "Artists of the world, unite!" ... "You've got nothing to lose but your ... minds" ... hehe ...

cartuneman
07-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Lol me in a band lol well I do get bunged every now and again lol and I do play a guitar too. The wife play piano and the daughter plays violin hehe we try to harmonize sometimes but my old rock n roll somehow twangs its way through the chorus... :cool:

eighty+
07-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Well if you must know pete the main conse'nsus of opinion was that someone had gone over the top

Or the words of unintelligent moron. Baffled. By. Bullshit. He he he he he he

chinapete
07-10-2012, 04:03 PM

Caesar
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I cannot even keep the pace of Your fertile production, dear mate, and have the time to stare enough time to all Your works, but some of them really pop up and get my attention and appreciation!

D Akey
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey Mr Ploos. Joyce doesn't do it for me either, but I think the joke behind all this was a laugh at how you and I were writing in something of a dialect which was hard to read for people without the ear for reading the words as sounds. But we know it works if you can hear the dialect in your head as you sort of sound it out in your head.

I think the barbarians want into the city or at least to use textbook English as a common language. It was just so fun to do accents. It's like music to me ears.

Thing was there were times when nobody was saying much, so it was a wee bit of fun. ;);););)

I shall return to dialect presently, laddie.

--------
Chinapete -- Very witty showing as wacky an abstract painting of crying as Joyce would have painted with his words -- probably close to the same time period too. ;);););)

eighty+
07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi my old CHINA----Mate :D :D :D I see you can play the Fiddle as well :cool: :cool: :cool: :p :p :p

eighty+
07-11-2012, 04:51 AM
HI cartuneman don't ask me why but I always want to calle you Katmando :D :D :D yeah must be fantastic to play a musical instument very similar to painting

Dad Did his best to teach me having taught my two brothers and got them through to the school of music werther he had just got tired :D no It was me which

drove him to despair :eek::eek: looking at your fizzogg I remmbered trying to paint you as my first try with heavy paint if you look in my gallery it will give you a laugh

ok Katmando Geetar Man :cool::cool::cool::D:D:D SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

kenmo
07-11-2012, 05:55 AM
Your talent & dedication to the hobby never ceases to entertain and enlighten me.... Great stuff!!!!:):):):)

eighty+
07-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi My Thanks To Caesar......Mac......Pete......kenmo and Katie Katie Coops

for all the help you've given me in this bad patch I'm going through apart from the legs and feet I keep dropping off to sleep during the Day

which is not so good I'm hoping I'll be back after a short rest stop the cheering up the back:D:D:D SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

coops
07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Cooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dear Eighty, hmmmmmmmm just cos I cannot shout from behind the desk you tell me that you aint feelling too good. Now listen my good man, buck your ideas up and tell them old legs that they are young uns' and you are only sleeping for a quick nap. Take care of yourself dear Friend and by the way it wasnt me cheering from behind my desk hehehehe:p:):) oh dear nearly forgot to mention that the bus crew are look darn good,.:):):)

D Akey
07-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Think nothing of it, Mr Ploos. I may have started participating in your growth as an artist because you invited me to, and insisted that I be tough, but I must say I stayed because you are a stand out gentleman, and a heck of a lot of fun. You're a corker, as they say, and that shows in your work.

I'm sorry if you're feeling poorly, but I dare not give you a lot of advice on that area. I can merely say feel better, mate. I know you'll snap around. So take your time, or crank em out as it suits you. We're here.

On the other hand, when you're feeling well enough, get to drawing, man!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The latest batch is a thing to admire. I feel as if I've been at a game in which you take to the pitch like an umpire who cries out, "I call 'em as ye see 'em."

Just consider me in the bleachers like a Scottish hooligan, painted blue, cheering ya on and throwing fist-fulls of haggis at anyone opposed. . . which works oot cause the other team never showed.

justjean
07-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Holy smokes Mr 80+ you just keep on getting better and better

eighty+
07-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks Jean for such a nice comment but sorry to say the feet are stuck in the mud at the moment :D :D :D

pat1940
07-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi there dear eighty, you have been doing lots and they are great, so dont keep those feet of yours stuck too long in that muk lol:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
07-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks PAT It POURED today so no chance of going out so I've done one of my sunday lunch hostess LIZ will do one of her husband Kierien next ok

yep I've looked at all your stuff i like them all as you have a style all of your own SLAINTE STATTE BBONE SI Si :D

pat1940
07-12-2012, 03:33 PM
eighty, I really like this, she looks like a very nice lady, love the way you did her hair

eighty+
07-12-2012, 06:59 PM
hi Pat Thanks like your abstract :D

hi Katie Katie Coops at the moment not a cloud in the sky at the moment :D:D:D so sit back in your chair and enjoy your day ok SLAINTE to you Both

eighty+
07-12-2012, 07:46 PM
sorry forgot the title In the Cage

eighty+
07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi ok just playing with soft Pastels as pratice to gt the feel Crit welcome thanks SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

D Akey
07-13-2012, 03:55 AM
That one of the food lady with the grand smile and rainbow shirt is brilliant. The gray ground tone for the paper is quite a nice starting point because the value of it also works as a reasonable dark tone for the brighter and warmer flesh, and in this case hair and garment as well. It gives a silvery sort of tone to the whole thing, and in using it the colors really sing. I've seen it used in 18th century pastels (I think it was then) but of course the pose in this and the colors reflect the contemporary styles. All personality. The balance is so delicate it could easily have gotten out of hand, but you managed it masterfully. She's like a bright light, an angel.

So now I'm going to interpret rather than merely talk about the cool technique. The following drawings are harder, more forcefully drawn, in contrast with the other, almost reverential one. The others are harder, heavier. And that's very valid.

------

As to the In The Cage one, it seems the opposite of the angelic one I just described above. I feel like it's one of those extreme fighting cages (can't recall the spectacle sport is called, but it's full contact, bare. . . um. . . knuckles, where blokes actually draw blood). It's as if he's in there fighting. If it were me, it would be symbolic of my going 12 rounds with my ill health, putting up the good fight in the open for all to see. I fight this battle daily, my friend. Speaking for myself here. But clearly you have been doing it as well.

Not unlike the lass with the bottom targeting the critics (ala Klimpt). She's speaking most articulately -- vomiting something rather distasteful and saying "Kiss this". Hahaha. It's like you're doing political cartoons, something I believe Caesar could well appreciate. I know I do. If I were guessing, I would say the color is representative of your legs and feet, and you're telling ill health to kiss your feet and ass, as you tell it repeatedly. Great fighting spirit! And I applaud you roundly.

-----

Have no idea how those other heads got in there. But they're good too.

To sum it up, regarding the use of pastels, you're really getting it and exploring the voices one can get using different styles and approaches. Fine work. I always look at paintings this way, so forgive my going there with this commentary. But to me it's as if these are really well drawn pictographs.

I see us, you and I, with our physical challenges, and in your case you're using your art as a way to fight back.

GO PLOOS GO!!!! FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT with ANY AND ALL TOOLS, MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):cool::cool::cool:;);)

coops
07-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh errrrrrrrrr got me eyes closed cos its not nine yet. Love the painting of Liz she has a lovely face and you painted her so very well.
Hope you are keeping ok dear Eighty, take care:)

eighty+
07-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Hi Mac sorry to hear that you have health proplems as well so keep fit as you are the only one who says the king has got no clothes on I did try to get Danny Kaye to sing it

but he said he's too busy doing a concert for u know who and the Angel's, he's given me a couple of tickets as he said when we are up it will save us queing coss it get packed

and tickets are like Gold dust I think I'd better send u your ticket as I'll be going up ( maybe Down) Before you ok I may be lucky as Caesar has put a good word in for me :D:D:cool:
With he POPE :) anyway I did enjoy your commentary I liked the way u picked up on the grey as it nearly drove me bonkers :D :D :D

Hello Katie Katie Coops its ok you can open your eye's as its past 9oc :D sorry your still having to work but think of the bank balance :D thats if the top boys

leave some for you :D:D:D yeah it did Rain :confused::confused: ok 1 day to go hope you see the sun over the week-end YEAH :D:D:D

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SLAINTE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S TATTE BBONE,,,,,,,,,,,Si,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Si,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,:D,,,,,,,,,,,,to you Both OK

4 rough Sketch'es as the driver was thinking he was raceing on the F1 Circuit :cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
07-13-2012, 07:33 PM
I see the weather got very hot over there, dear ATPlus! New fine and stunning additions and His Holiness agreed too ...;)

eighty+
07-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One good to see your back and my thanks for putting a word to his Holiness when you come up I'll put a reserve on a good seat

in the house for you ok so you can be more relaxed now as yuo wont have to que SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

eighty+
07-13-2012, 11:54 PM
hi a quick copy from the work of P/GZHANG who's back again if my memory serve's me right I took stick for copying him before but I had a vauge feeling someone had

said he was a teacher in China anyway I digress :D here's my rough copy only done for pratice :D :D :D

D Akey
07-14-2012, 12:03 AM
You have a bit of the David Hockney look to it as well.

I like the palette. It's a way of looking at color which is different from the more natural approach. It's 'keyed' to the butterscotch. Hoot mon! It's the kind of color usage that graphic artists and illustrators would use because it has a very dominant limited palette color, and would thus stand out because of it much the same as corporations have "corporate colors", though generally with artists it's not for the same purpose. But it gives a 'look'.

You did well with it, Mr Ploos. Good on ye. :):):)

eighty+
07-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Corr blimey mac that's not a swimming pool. :D:D:D

coops
07-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Coeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dear Eighty, just popped in to see how you, are stay well dear friend:)
Now I better get up from under the desk hehehehe:)

eighty+
07-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi KATIE KATIE COOPS sorry one of those days after doing the copy this morning been mainly dozing as I feel like two thick blankets ok

hope the sun shines for your week- end :eek::eek: becareful diving under your desk think of the back, arhwell can always send you a can of Deep Heat :D:D:D

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SLAINTE

eighty+
07-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi me and dad at the piano

Mairzie Dotes
07-14-2012, 10:15 AM
eighty+,
Your sketches are always a pleasure to view. It is easy to
detect the different personalities that they hold. The lovely
red Robin must have flown into your thread on a "Lark!" ;) :)

D Akey
07-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Great way to show harmony, Mr Ploos. So who played the piano, you or dad or both? And what would some of the songs be? Such chart toppin' pop songs like Scotland The Brave, and Auld Lang Sign? Oh aye, they be rousin' with the clan huddled around the stew pot for warmth, singin' away.

Oh you take the 'igh road
and I'll take the low road
and I'll get ta Scotland
afore ye. . .

Ya dum dad dee dah, oh pass the shepherd's pie,
or I'll eat yer 'aggis afore ye. . .

Or were ye singin' something easier on the ears?

Joking aside, I really got a strong hit that's a wonderful memory, and I think it appropriate to paint it in an abstract way as an idea, cause it would be rather hard to get a painting to do it justice as realism without being Norman Rockwell or someone. It's more like a memory trigger this way where you can just go there as you're painting it. I've found the process of painting helps hold the focus.

Fine work, Mr Ploos. Wish my dad had brought his music home for all of us to sing. You're a lucky man. Bravo to you both! :D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
07-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi Mairzie dotes and dozey dotes and little lambsey divey a didley ivey do wouldn't you :D:D:D nice to see yuh nice I supose your still floating with the Sunbeams

as for the Red Robin yes he does tend to fly in and cause me to get confused :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool: ok SLAINTE thats for the Irish blood in your veins Yeah:D

Hi Mac yeah old memories Mac ones u think are forgotten but as u get older with more time to think they all come flooding back ok Thanks

Fire Fire as started by ChinaPete :D :D :D

coops
07-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Ok whos got the marshmellows cos I want them toasted on that fire. Nice work dear Eighty. Hope all is well with you take care dear friend:)

eighty+
07-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Hi Katie Kate Coops up early looks like rain:cool: sorry so late replying give yuh something to read while having yuh porridge with a touch of salt ok

well as your having toasted marshmellows thought I'd better put a pond in as you know how sticky marshmellows are so you can have a quick swim

then sit by the fire get warm and drink yuh coffee sounds good yeah :D :D :D SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

eighty+
07-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Hi .............Kieran Husband of Liz as promised ok CRITS WELCOME Slainte Statte Bbone Si Si :D

Tanzenkran
07-16-2012, 01:11 AM
The composition with the straight lines in the picture I like. The only criticism is the window. The detail in the window does not match the abstractness of the interior of the room. The window's colors are also not blending with the rest of the picture. Can you do an abstract window treatment?

The portrait subject is fine as he is. I am sure he and his wife will be happy with the result.

eighty+
07-16-2012, 01:32 AM
H i Tanzenkran not a window open door ok showing garden my thanks for crit most welcome

eighty+
07-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Hi a quick pastel of John..... Cont'e pastel supose their hard pastel ??? the orignal is in water colour but got no water colour paper ok SLAINTE

D Akey
07-17-2012, 02:43 AM
The last picture first, it's a really sharply observed face, using classical sensibilities. Marks are where they ought to be. And I like how you did just part of the face. There's enough information presented where the parts that you didn't complete are getting completed in the viewer's mind. And it's working that way for me. It has a little sculpted look, because I've seen this kind of thing done with sculpture, often times with driftwood that has been carved upon, leaving a bit of the original wood unmarked. Nice idea. I like the sort of exaggerated flourish to lips which especially feeling classical.

Conte crayon is hard texture, although I quite like it. Used it a lot in sketching models in a studio set-up. It works like charcoal somewhat but it doesn't smudge as readily.

-------

The portrait of your angel's husband has really nailed him I can tell . . . I'm sorry but you sure you ain't from Yorkshire, lad? Your style and contemporary, snap shot set-ups remind me so much of David Hockney at times. You have an amazing gift for getting the essence of the sitters. Personality comes through and through, not just in the likeness, but in the props and settings and poses.

I am afraid to comment on technique because if you change it, it could lose some of the qualities you manage as you do it. But the hair, while it reads as hair just fine, is pretty heavily delineated, which gives it only a wee bit of the feeling of a wig because the edges of it are hard, having an abrupt edge. But my mind knows it isn't a wig, so it doesn't bother me. It rather works for the style. His beard works just fine. I get his complexion and overall coloration very well indeed from this.

I like how you got a vitality and personality through gesture as well as his expression. This is really nice, Mr Ploos. He should love it.

chinapete
07-17-2012, 03:44 AM
hi eighty+, thanks for the shout out, I always knew my work one day would light a fire under you, hehe ... St. Elmo's from the look of it ... there's something wrong with ArtRage on my new iPad so I'm spending a lot of time chasing that down and am unable to post, nothing looks right, must be me, though, because your drawings and colors look as vigorous and fresh as ever :) ...

coops
07-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Hi there dear Eighty, hope everything is well with you and that you have seen the sun sometime over the past few days.
Love the painting of Kieran's Husband he has such a very kind face. Your last picture is very strong and I like it very much. :)
Stay well dear friend:)

eighty+
07-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Hi. Mac what did u think of the garden. Tarzan thought it was over the top. Wanted more abstract

In keeping with the room but me being an old Bat I was confused. :confused::D:D:D

Hi me old China. Well I could see u were trying to light a fire. U just had glowing ember's and I couldn't

Stand and watch u blowing with your face all puckered up. So I just bunged some petrol on and

Bingo. We had a fire. Made Katie Katie Coops. Happy as she could toast her Marshmellows:cool::cool::cool:

Hi. Katie Katie Coops in Spain hurricane's hardly ever happen. But in ull tis but the norm:D:D

Yep your right he has kind face. Ok. Slainte. Statte. Bbone Si. Si. :D To u all.

eighty+
07-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Hi yesturdays bus sketch'es dozed off and forgot ok 1 st of 5 :D

eighty+
07-17-2012, 07:51 AM
ok Last one and a fun one ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SLAINTE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,STATTE BBONE,,,,,,,,,,,,Si,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Si,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

eighty+
07-17-2012, 10:17 AM
HI had a go at copying Tinzo's got in a hell of a state took me about 8 hours hard slog but I enjoyed evey minute and as a pratice run was satisfired in the end

as you can see I've ad libed ok SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si SI :D

D Akey
07-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi. Mac what did u think of the garden. Tarzan thought it was over the top. Wanted more abstract In keeping with the room but me being an old Bat I was confused. :confused::D:D:D

I think through the window or doorway it works fine with the style. You used good darks on the chap, and surrounded him with plain background of the walls. So he pops nicely and remains the focus of the painting, as he should. One can evaluate balance by values or colors or activity or subject etc. So in portraits people dominate usually, especially since he's looking straight at us and gesturing with a beer bottle. He's talking to us. So we're there with him.

So the outside, while it's active with those contrasty little marks, they don't overpower the guy. It's almost as if it were a framed painting on the wall it's so benign. And I'm used to seeing through doors this kind of thing, so it's homely (as in like being at home).

As to the red one, looks like a forest fire to me. Can only really make out that there is a hill with vertical trees like spruce or redwood or something. Don't know my trees all that well.

Did you know that certain species of Redwood ONLY re-seed when there's a forest fire? So PLEASE PUT THAT ONE IN AFTER NINE FOR PROPRIETY'S SAKE, Mr Ploos! :rolleyes:;);););) Too much timber shiverin' for the young 'uns.

--------

And that Tinzo study -- absolutely breathtaking. Great job!!!!!!!!!!

eighty+
07-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi Mac. Thanks for puting me strait abstract always gets me confused its my age:cool:;););)

Don't go upsetting. Katie Katie Coops as she likes her Marshmellows toasted I'm a bit surprised

Being she was a swimming instructess. That she hasn't done a series of divers as must be

Similar to ballet ;););)ok you can have your haggis now. Hoots mon ;) SLAINTE

eighty+
07-17-2012, 09:24 PM
HI just lazy today so tarted the Teacher's one ok ...............Yeah ok ok I was A Pop Star no need to laugh :cool: :cool: :cool: :p :p :p

kenmo
07-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Great updates to an outstanding thread....

eighty+
07-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi Ken Pleased you think so Thanks SLAINTE.......STATTE BBONE :D :D :D

coops
07-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Hi there dear Eighty hope you are keeping fit and well:) Your latest works are really confidently done and love the Tinzo one. Well done dear friend:)

pat1940
07-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Wow Great work here dear eighty really liked them all and was so impressed with your Tinzo, wonderful thread, you have a great day, it is 98 degrees here, too hot

eighty+
07-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops Blimey see what Pat says 98 and thats in the shade mine is showing 17.3cc overcast Rain ??? :eek::Ddid you enjoy your toasted Marshmellows

I supose you didn't have a dip can't say I blame you it did look a bit Murky but I bet when you where a young Sprig you would have been in like a shot :D :D :D

Hi Pat 40er close to being a 39er :D too hot blimey you should come here even the brass monkeys didn't stay and thats in the middle of our summer :eek:

I digress as the over paid mob in the commons would say :D :D ........... thanks to you both SLAINTE.....STATTE BBONE Si Si gotta keep my Italien up :D :D :D

O yeah 4 bus Sketch'es :p:p

eighty+
07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi my 1st go with Acrylic starter set System 3 must bought it some years ago on impulse :eek::cool: just found it at the back of the drawer ok

how quick does it dry if used strait from the tube ???do you have to keep the brush in water all comments will totaly Disregarded :D :D :D THANKS

D Akey
07-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi Mr Ploos. I apologize in advance because this may be hard to wade through for you. But the info you asked about is in there. Might want to ask your girl you did the portrait of, or her husband to look at it and see if you have this stuff around the house already and to paraphrase my comments here.

Re: Acrylics in the real world, yeah. You need a couple things relative to drying problems, certainly.

If watercolor dries in your brush it's not the end of your brush because you can revive watercolor. If it does with acrylic, it may be unusable again because it's plastic.

You need a water bucket for rinsing you brush (swishing it around) both for clearing the old paint out to put new on, but also because you definitely do not want your paint drying on your brush for the usual reasons. If you've painted rooms with water based paints, you know how quickly you can ruin the brush. But the paint on house painters brushes is way more so it would take longer to dry than a tiny artist's brush. So you could screw yourself up by not rinsing it.

I make a bucket out of an old used up bleach bottle where the handle is kept on but the front side has a wedge cut out to put in the water and it provides easy access. But a plastic bucket will do. (Note: wash the bleach bottle really well before you convert it to your water bucket for your paint brushes.)

And you want to have a palette to squeeze your paint onto for easy access, and you want a surface for mixing. I used to use a white enamel coated butcher tray because the white shows your colors well, it's smooth and it's easy to clean because the surface resists acrylic enough to be able to clean it but it allows for mixing acrylic without it beading up.

But I've also used a sheet of glass duct taped to a wood board to make a stout sturdy backing and thick glass like they use for shelving in department stores. But you have to decide if the thickness of the glass is safe for you. But don't leave it without a backer board. The wood is good to be painted white or you can put some white paper between. You can do a lot of things. And you can also use glass for an oil paint palette because you can scrape it clean with turpentine etc.

BUT!!!!!! The thing you want to do is on top of that palette to one side you want to wet some sturdy paper towels (the less absorbent kind like in public or shop restrooms if you can get it), but the regular absorbent kind will do in a pinch, although the absorbent kind pulls the paint out into them from below when wetted.

(Mind, when you wet it -not too wet to where it makes your paint bleed into the other colors you put out to use. Just sorta moist.) It keeps the paint alive longer. you can also dribble or schpritz some water on it as you work to keep it from drying before you use it. And if you need to stop for a while you can cover it with plastic wrap gently, and then remove it when you want to start again.

You have to find the right set up by looking at how it's working for you. But wash your brushes always!!!!!! at the end of your session. Soap and get it out of the ferrules (the deep part of the bristles where the metal band holds it in place). No need to be nuts about it, but it really extends the life of the brush.

Water color is way more forgiving. But acrylic dries into plastic.

Pics are of stuff I grabbed from my studio that I've been using forever, more or less. . . The paint tubes are oils, but they could easily be acrylic. Hope this gets some ideas going for you. "Keep your powder dry" may be useful for certain things, but for an artist using acrylics, I say keep your paint wet! . . . at least till it's on your picture. . . and that means keeping your paper towels on the palette wet as well.

Have fun with it Mr Ploos!

Caesar
07-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Another wonderful display of colorful inventions among Your sketching excercises.

eighty+
07-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Hoots Mon Thanks for the info but not quiet sure if I want to become a Water Babe YET ockay yuh ken :D:D:D

Hail O Caesar O mighty One see your back in strengh with a touch of the nubile's just to remind us old fellow's :D :D :D :D

just tried a portrait on the Ipad thanks to TINZO I used chalk for the 1st time I've been converted ok Caesar no need to rush to the pope :D:D:D

.............................SLAINTE.............. .............STATTE BBONE ...................Si............................. .Si............................................... ...........:D

Caesar
07-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Great use of chalk too on Brian's reference portrait! You certainly captured all this artist's beauty (certainly a tough task to find and convey indeed) :o;)

eighty+
07-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks for comments try this one for size the blue period thanks Picasso

tinzo
07-19-2012, 12:42 AM
This is probably our first contact my friend? Can I just say that I'm honoured you used my drawing of Johnny Cash, as a reference.
I have to say, for a first go with chalk, you've really turned out a fine portrait. So my best wishes and well done. :D

coops
07-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Hi there dear Eighty, sunny day here but ohhh so windy. Looks like you have been really busy. Johnny Cash is great and one of your bus sketches caught my eye, its the first one of the old granny, she looks like a right old biddy heheheh. Keep at it dear friend as the enjoyment you bring is brilliant:)

eighty+
07-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Hello Tinzo so we meet at last 20 pace's is it pistols or swords :D sorry I didn't ask but was so bowled over by your stuff I couldn't wait just had to try :eek:

had a go at your landscape 1st drove me cracker's relized I had to ad lib or go bonkers but suddenly I could smell rose'es which put a smile on my fizz-og :D

as its only in these latter months have I started to jell think Mac started me off showing a bloke in America who had come I think from the Balcan's it was as if somebody

had lit the touch paper :eek: but I see you've been painting all your life you were lucky as for Johnny Cash was going to do on the main conputer but on waking this morning

grabbed the Ipad and tried to do from memory :eek: then got up to see yours so all was ok but thats why it got done on the IPad anyway thanks for not giving me Stick

for copying you work ok you've showed me Chalk and the landscape helped me to see Once again my Thanks and its a honour for me to copy your work

1 question is all the work Digital ? SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

eighty+
07-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops YES ITS RAINING :D yeah just as well she couldn't see it :D or it would have been Slaughter on 5th Ave again :D:D

sorry i missed you was chatting to Tinzo while you were posting, at work still ? soon be home time :D you'd better hurry as your ballet girls are Yaking

On whose the Primir Donna :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:.............. Slainte Statte Bbone Si Si :D

eighty+
07-19-2012, 08:24 AM
.....................So you want to join the Navy Ruislip

eighty+
07-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes Sir. Well I am 6 ft 2. Just finished at UNI honour's in math's and I liked the rig of the navy

Or the police. The open life Sir

eighty+
07-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi morning all............. Nice one Nigel :D

Hello Katie Katie Coops Yes looks like Cats and Dogs but looking down to the seafront there's a glimmer of hope as I can see blue sky :D

but at the moment its over France so can only pray ( sorry Caesar) that the Frogs let it go :D :D :D........SLAINTE.........STATTE BBONE.....Si.........Si...............:D

eighty+
07-19-2012, 08:35 PM
hi My Thanks to PICASO for the use of his Car sorry about the lines shaky hand ok for bus sketch'es :D:D:D

was a good Pratice exercise this morning Thanks PICASSO :D

Caesar
07-19-2012, 09:51 PM
After Your Picasso Blue Period now a Picasa Pontiac. I think that anyone falling in Your ciopy basket may feel proud to go along with Holbein, Rubens etc. ...:D
No need to apoligize about frogs and France whether ... Italians aren't French (except Nice, the Savoy, and the Corse which were given for historical reasons to France end of XVIII-XIX century). We are just close relatives basically speaking two dialects of Latin (which infected much of English too) who, differently from our Spanish cousins, tend to fundamentally envy us behind their apparent, exterior superiority complex. :DLOL

Alexandra
07-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Hey E+, you've sent your raininess over the Atlantic. Seems we can't get a dry day and I am trying to paint my house. Good grief! lol
Great additions your paintings! Also great one on the car too.

eighty+
07-20-2012, 03:36 AM
HI Sandra give up as there's a lot more to come hope you live on high ground cause the rate the ice caps are melting there gunna be a lot

more trouble If I where younger I would build an ARK ok see yuh thanks

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One If I saw you walking down the road how would I know you were Italien (apart from a flashy suit ) no you would look like anyother burke :D

Walking down the road so who set up all the boundrys we know people from hot countries have dark skin for protection against the sun and the Chinese and the Japs

with their slanty eyes through squinting at the sun as it come up over the pacific don't tell Me .... you know who ... did it for a laugh must be a right Joker :D:D:D

SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D To you both ............................Bus Sketch'es todays !st of 5 ok:cool:

eighty+
07-20-2012, 03:39 AM
ok Last three :eek::eek::eek: :cool::cool::cool: :D:D:D

D Akey
07-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Good stuff. Mr Ploos. I like this last batch of drawings. You were cooking, lad. You're describing the shapes well. Love the lines indicating the direction of the hair and the squiggles indicating the earrings. The profiles are adept. I get their look and attitudes just great.

The only suggestion I would give would be that you might want to expand your pressure of how hard you bear down on the conte crayon (in real life, or if you're doing your drawings on the computer, then you might want to consider making the early indications lighter), and then come in with some heavy dark accents where they would strategically suit your drawing best.

This kind of artistic decision making becomes intuitive after you kind of figure out where the usual places are that you would want to hit harder. And naturally you deviate from that depending on each drawing and how you "feel it" that day.

This offers a wider range, a bigger visual vocabulary. It's simple in concept. But it's something you will develop if you put your attention to it.

But as I have said, I think you have a keen eye. And this is more a finesse move. There's nothing wrong with the way you do it now. But we grow. And nobody knows that better that yourself, what with you playing in the entirety of Art History. GO GO GO!!!!!!!

Caesar really got the joke didn't he -- about Picasso. Hahaha.

eighty+
07-20-2012, 08:11 AM
hi Mac just woke must have dozed off after my meal at 5oc nearly 3 hours not bad :cool: yeah ok sorry had to find the graphite sticks as have noticed what your

saying I try to indent heavy in places not easy on a bus with all the jerking and stopping people getting on and off :Dso i'll try the graphite sticks as with pencil's always

seem to be running out of lead, just showing the sketch with graphite sticks at the moment it looks a bit mucky but I'll get used to them I hope :eek::D

Think I'd better have another Chat with my old mate Reaper for another exstension not a bad sort bung a few bob in his back pocket all ok :cool::cool::cool:

...................SLAINTE..............STATTE BBONE...................Si........................ ...............Si................................. ....................................:D

eighty+
07-20-2012, 10:25 AM
hi just change the DPI :confused: to see what would happen ok

eighty+
07-20-2012, 10:29 AM
now I'm more :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused::eek::cool::D

eighty+
07-20-2012, 08:01 PM
hi ............ Lucien I think ??? :D just looked at his stuff JEEZE say no more :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :D :D :D

Hi Katie Katie Coops ??????? could RAIN :cool: ...............SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

Caesar
07-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Great new portraits! I appreciate the tribute to Lucien Freud, an outstanding master and probably the best British painter lately. I think he was a most endowed painter and artist, by nature and cultural influences (which certainly included XX century Mitteleuropean painting school).

eighty+
07-21-2012, 02:23 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One WHAT Better than Kettings Mien Gott Mon there's no holding you bring on the Dancing Girls ;););) :eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D

ok here's one when he's about 20 ok

chinapete
07-21-2012, 03:39 AM
haha, that's so funny, I was just about to post mine, but I'm glad I didn't, yours is much much better, mine's got a broken nose, like a boxer's :)

eighty+
07-21-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks me old China. i looked I turned it upside down I could not see any moss oo stone's then I

SAW. A. FACE. My 1 st reaction was blimey poor old Pete has flipped:D :D :D

Nah all yoking apart was looking at it on the IPad. So blew it up looks very good I know

He gota black eye possible a Brocken nose walked into a right hand for dabbling :D:D:D

But when you think this is from a bloke who's alway got his head stuck in a swamp or the

Inside of some poor insect. Who was quiet happy laying in the sunshine. U. Gotta :D:D:D:D:D:D

D Akey
07-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Great new portraits! I appreciate the tribute to Lucien Freud, an outstanding master and probably the best British painter lately. I think he was a most endowed painter and artist, by nature and cultural influences (which certainly included XX century Mitteleuropean painting school).

He has a pedigree name alright.

I'm sure he has his place in British painting, just like Hockney and Francis Bacon. I must confess that I don't know a lot about the British fine art scene. The internet is fixing that for everybody with the entirety of Art History at our fingertips.

But, like we joke about Sigmund Freud saying sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I'll take it further. Sometimes a painting is just a painting. . .

---------

So Mr Ploos. You found Levent Surbek's painting of the old fisherman. Well painted, you. He painted some really deep stuff as well as representing characters and locations in his world well.

You're doing everyone a compliment by learning from those at your elbow, in a manner of speaking. Soak it up, lad. Best way to do it. I would be surprised if Levent responds. He left in a rather final way during a time when the politics of the world were encroaching on ArtRage. Sad circumstances, really. He was a visible and appreciated member of the community here at the time.

But were I guessing at how he would react, based on having seen him around a few years here, he would be complimented, and no doubt he would be very encouraging. He'd probably try and paint you. Hahaha.

eighty+
07-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi Mac Lucien Freud was paid Millions while he was paintng them :D:D:D ok I Digress:cool::cool::cool:

had ago with the graphite sticks done 6 as was in a hurry to get to the fish and chip shop,:D yes when i got there Notice on the door fryer broke closed :D:D:D

just my luck ok see what u think I think I got on better then I thought I Would :eek::cool::D

eighty+
07-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Last one ok SLAINTE.............STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

eighty+
07-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Just a quickie of Lucien's Mom a try in Charcoal / Soft pastel ok SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

coops
07-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi dear Eighty hope all is well with you and WOW THE SUN IS OUT, cant wait to get into the garden today.:)
You really have been busy with so much to see and enjoy but one really stands out to me. I love the first drawing of the lady on page 341. She looks to elegant and I think would make a great painting. Your skill really shows through on these latest works.:)
Stay well and sit in the sunshine for a while as we dont know when we well see it again hehehehe:):):)

eighty+
07-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi. Katie Katie Coopsup early this morning. Are we ful of the Joie de Vie. It's the sun get in the

Garden. Quick. Put your bikini on and lay on the sunbather. Coss you might only get an hour. As the

Clouds are heading your way best of luck as you MIGHT get a full day Sunday :D:D:cool:

Ok. Enjoy the sunshine. Have lunch on the lawn. YEAH. SLAINTE. :D

eighty+
07-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Blimey Katie Katie Coops You were at Ladies day at Ascot, and I never even noticed this morming, I must been half asleep :( real cool so who's the Prima Donna now :D:D:D:D:D:D

ok today's bus Sketch'es 1st of 5 ok

eighty+
07-22-2012, 07:46 AM
ok 2nd of 5 :eek:

eighty+
07-22-2012, 07:52 AM
ok last 2............SLAINTE.......................STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

Caesar
07-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Since there was Lucien Freud festival here, I resumed my version on one of his portraits. Here it is.

Mairzie Dotes
07-22-2012, 08:15 AM
eighty+,
Your latest sketch series are quite engaging. It is as if I am
leisurely sitting back on a park bench and enjoying the diverse
personalities that promenade by. In this heat, they may well
be headed for the Lemonade stand. :)

eighty+
07-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Hael O Ceasar O. Mighty One very good. Both u and China have done the same one thanks it will

Save me doing it now :D Do u think he' s got some red indien blood as he looks like the last

Of. The. Mohican's. Yeah u reckon he has. Or was it Lucien using. The paint. To cover his

Black. Eye and broken nose fancy walking into a right hander. Yeah well e was a bit like Klimt

:D:D:D:D:D:D STATTE. BBONE. Si. Si

eighty+
07-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Hey hey hey. Mairzie dotes I see you've come back strong. :eek: World cruise was it. Or just

Flipping round the Star's. Any way good to see you. It's about time we had some poem's

Been nothing but a deadly Ush. Lately And I keep dozing off :D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
07-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Katie Katie Coops AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUNSHINE

D Akey
07-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Well Mr Ploos. I think you would have made a fine painter of signs in colonial times in America. Could work above a tavern. So hang this proudly and give us a pint, eh?

Sketches looking good, lad. I was worried when you said that the door to the cooker wouldn't open, seeing as that's where you store your computer stuff. But no goose is cooked apparently and all's right with the world, then.

Careful of that sun, mate. . . does strange things to a man. . .

;););););)

eighty+
07-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Hi lovely Day felt good out early thought i might knock up twenty sketch'es but but didn't take into account age and hot sun :D:D in the end I was lucky to do seven

went down on the seafront, It was packed just like it used to be Before the War but no Loppy ludd :D had fish and chips cup of tea then a ice cream Mr whippy

which is very dodgy with a beard :eek: then later my favourite Jellied ILLS Then as I was wobbling along getting in everybodys way decided Nuff was enuff

and got the bus home and went to sleep watching the Telly :D:D:D ok 1st of 5 :D

eighty+
07-23-2012, 06:20 AM
Ok last 2 ..............SLAINTE.......................STATTE BBONE.............Si.............................. ....Si.................................:D

........................ok now I can go asleep watching the telly :cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
07-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi eighty, so glad you had a nice day and enjoyed your fish and chips and did some wonderful sketches, are you looking forward to the olympics my dear friend, my hubby and I will be watching them, so hope you have great weather and everything goes very smoothly, cheers:D

eighty+
07-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah good thinking Mac. Ow while your in the chair I'll have a large brandy with just a touch of coke

Cheers Mac

Hi Pat Olympics well I 'll enjoy (when I'm not asleep) it ok :D:D:D

coops
07-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Morning dear Eighty and wow wow wow the sun is still out so pull up a deckchair and have this brandy, relax relax relax. :)
Love all your new additions especially the old gentleman in the hat, he looks a hoot. Stay fit and well dear friend:)

eighty+
07-24-2012, 02:19 AM
Arh Well Katie Katie Coops monday morning and all's well :D was gunna go down the beach as yesturday saw a young polish artist and wanted to have another chat

as he was doing portraits with a 3in brush and a long handel flat 1/2in for detail on oil paper 12x18 in but the sun was to strong for an oldie :Dso stayed home and opened

all the windows :cool: and being an injuct had a go :p luckie i had some Acrylic paper so bunged some black oil paint only a smidge on a old baccy tin lid and supson of oil

and it was all stystems go :Dok see what u think of my try :eek::eek::eek:the next one i realy went berserk i threw every in you name its there :eek: then the bloke just bunged a

beard and tash to give hima bit of balance as he kept falling over, the last well thats another story it was my 1st copy of of katie katie coops but was never happy with it

the left eye was two low anyway i thought as its monday and had seen her new avatar which on seeing thought wow I'll do that one but on viewing not a good focus

I digress where was I ARH yes the eyes well I started but Coops decides to go shopping so I'm up the creek with out a paddle so meet Shelie :p:p:p:p:p:p

D Akey
07-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Maybe you can get Ms Coops to post her other avatar in here for ya to finish your portrait.

Looking good all around, lad. Too bad the Beach is too sunny for ya. Guess you live in the right part of the world where the clouds come in to cool things down pretty regularly.

Stay fit, Mr Ploos.

eighty+
07-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Hoots mon thhhat last was a bit strong can yuh nae put a we drappie more coke in

Yeah that sun it 'll. have the oldie's dropping like flie's. :eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D

eighty+
07-24-2012, 06:16 AM
Hi Lead singer with the Gunge

eighty+
07-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Amy Winehouse sadly missed due to greedy drug dealer

eighty+
07-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Flower .........................SLAINTE.................. .............STATTE BBONE ....................Si............................ ............Si.................................... ................:D

eighty+
07-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Hi Girl ............................SLAINTE .....................STATTE BBONE......................Si ............................Si.................... ..................................:D

Caesar
07-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Some really fine drawings with real force and character!
Sometimes You're not much pedantic about proportions, but we live in a gravitationally curved space after all and it may be also due to Your legs sporadic rebellion ... (just a little joke with pedantic, pedestrian etc. all coming from the Latin word pedes, feet):D

eighty+
07-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One yeah was in my Piccasso you know Flow Flow bugger the detail nah the trueff is my glass'es want cleaning :D :D :D :D :D :D

plus the unusal sunshine has gone to my head so I hope you'll foregive me??? otherwise I've gotta go into the Box do you think the priest

will understand my mumblins :o :confused: :D :D :D............SLAINTE................STATTE BBONE...........Si............................Si.. ..........................................:D

Caesar
07-24-2012, 11:34 PM
What does Katie thinks of Your Monna Coops portrait? :D

eighty+
07-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Mighty One Do you want to see me in the stocks so u can throw rotten fruit at me at the moment silence is golden :D :D :D :D :D :D

D Akey
07-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Hey there Mr Ploos. Going to town with the sketches.

Yesterday something was up with the internet being s l o w.

Great stuff.

I was messing with an ipad for the first time yesterday. Not mine, someone else's. But I was drawing with me finger instead of a stylus and it was an amazing experience. Ya talk about having all the tools at your fingertips. Wow.

How often do you use your ipad?

eighty+
07-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Hi. Mac. The last 4 Mac but they were ones I was just playing. With. Didn't worry about detail

But for someone skilled in the use of the tools. And Layer's. There'no holds barred ok

That info will cost u a large brandy. Mitt a touch. Of. Coke I think your at last getting the.

Mix righte. :D:D:D Slainte. Statte. Bbone. Si. Si. :D

eighty+
07-25-2012, 04:01 AM
By the way. Mac. I did. Buy a stylus. But I don't use it anymore gone back to the finger

Reason. Can never find where I've put the stylus. And the finger is always on the end of my arm

:D:D:D :cool::cool::cool: :p:p:p

coops
07-25-2012, 06:06 AM
You really have been busy again dear Eighty, I really like the flowers and the sketches are once again brilliant. Stay fit and well my friend:)

eighty+
07-25-2012, 06:37 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops YYYYYYYYYYYYYour late :D:D:D how's the sun :cool: too much for me stayed home went in the garden done some watering bunged

some snail pellets around chased the cat thinks my garden is his crap house :D:D:D all in 1/2 hour as was to hot then dozed in front of the telly :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hi Mac a quick still life on the IPad mitt Finger what there your guess is as good mine ok the pic I'm copying from is 1in x 3/4in :cool::D:D

...........SLAINTE..................STATTE BBONE....................Si....................... ............Si.................................... ......................:D To you Both ok

eighty+
07-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Mac early morning water colour i think well it said water colour paper and I used the water colour brush ok a quickie with finger on IPad :D :D :D

eighty+
07-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi one of Alvo's as recomendid by Caesar He said it would be good for my Pedes :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

coops
07-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi there dear Eighty, hope you are fit and well. Loving your latest paintings, shows you can paint anything so very well. Take care dear Friend:)

eighty+
07-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Hi. Katie. Katie. Coops. Pleased you like the lest one one thing about this bloke e don't. Worry

To much about detail so it leaves plenty of scope I mean once you've got the background done

You could bung people in to make it a crowd scene. :D:D Looking at his work. It looks if most

Is done from photo's in the studio. But don't matter how he gets there they look good yeah see you

Post in your lunch break. :cool::cool::cool: Slainte. Statte. Bbone. Si. Si. :eek::D

eighty+
07-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Hi. Katie. You' got good eye's. Tell me where the sun is ( not ours) in the pic. I've just

Notice. It or have the work got flood lights up this end. My copy is as the original Ok

:D:D:D:D:D:D :cool::cool::cool:

kenmo
07-26-2012, 05:58 AM
hello Senor Docteur Lima the Legs not to bad but feel if there getting

hard have to wear 2 pair of socks in bed to keep the feet warm .

was going to copy your painting as that's the style I like but got

carried away in black and white might have a go in colour later ok

.........................:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S ow I forgot to say Thank's

Wow...very, very nice....:D

eighty+
07-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Thanks. Ken. How's. Thing's. Now. Are you and Dad. More settled give Dad my regards ok

SLAINTE. Statte. Bbone. Si. Si. :D

eighty+
07-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi early morning pratice on IPad mitt finger heavy paint ok :D :cool:

D Akey
07-26-2012, 05:47 PM
That's a really cool look there, Mr Ploos! No coke is needed in that drink. She's plenty sweet as is.

Go man go!!! Great experiment. Very successful. New feeling. Inventive. Bravo, lad!

Now let's kick the ball aboot for a wee bit, eh?

eighty+
07-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi. Mac. Did you look at the other one ??? If so. Is there two Sun's in the Sky.

They will be happy in Manchester. :D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
07-26-2012, 09:00 PM
When In Rome Do As The ROMAN'S DO :D:D:D:D:D:D

Caesar
07-26-2012, 10:22 PM
It looks like Alvaro dragged You into the waterpool ... I mean swimming into the watercolors pool.
It looks like You don't sink at all!
You really got a couple of wonderfully luminous and light watercolors and kept the marvellous watery colors effects.

eighty+
07-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One :D:D just my luck the only time I get to ROME its raining :eek: that will make Katie laugh :D did you see Alvaro suffers from

Sun spots when in Manchester :D mind you I can't say I blame him :cool: the best thing about Manchester is their football team's mind you they ave to import

the best player's I think its to do when we get so used to playing in mud as younger's that we don't develope the skills like the dry ball countries :D:D:D Chio STATTE BBONE

eighty+
07-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Blimey nearly forgot MAGGIE me for the stock's :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

D Akey
07-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Would you look at those two Italian watercolors that washed up on the Brighton Beach! Like a message in a bottle, what?

You clearly have no problem with the Italian's "language". The paintings look great, especially the last one. Bit the other down shot on the pedestrians is cool. However the black for the shadow is so deep and billowy it looks a little like smoke in that one. But the overall effect is really good. You are really great with pedestrians and such.

I think there's a lot there for you to keep as techniques and appearances you can use for your own work as well, when you paint other things. You have quite a knack for cityscapes.

Excellent work, Mr Ploos. Like discovering a whole new skill fully fledged. Other than that old cathedral, which was in large part a pastoral, the one you did a long while back, I hadn't seen you do this kind of subject before. Very nice aptitude in this direction as well as all the great portraits you've been doing.

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Go Mr. Ploos!!!!!!! ;););):):):):cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
07-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Hoots mon yuh dinae answer the Question Where's the SUN in the one looking down as we seem to have confligten shadows

stop drinking those Blue moon's they are making you go Blind YEAH :D :D :D :D :D :D

coops
07-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Cooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dear Eighty, shush I am at me desk, Talk to you later lol:)

D Akey
07-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Aye. Mr Ploos. Ye ask me where the sun is then? Cannot tell. It's not entirely clear. Boot I would say around 11:00 or 3/4 off to the left and above. It's actually for you to tell us, the viewer. But. . . if nobody screams, all's right with the world . . . or the sun(s). Heh. Hope I got what yer after.

Be well and pass the ink bottle round, son.

D Akey
07-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Ms. Coops. . . mind your P's and Q's bein' how yer a' work. . . ;);):rolleyes:

eighty+
07-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Hi. Mac. Not to worry. Must be my eye 's. coss. I see poler Bear's. When everybody.

Else. See 's. Lemon's. :D :D :D :D :D :D

coops
07-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Hi dear Eighty, wow the Roman scene it truly great you are soooo clever. Well done and stay well dear friend:)
I had to giggle quietly when reading Mr Akey's comments about me watching my p's and q's but at home now so I can shout YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE.:)

chinapete
07-27-2012, 06:40 AM
hehe, eighty+, I'm dropping digital breadcrumbs as I time-travel your thread ... sometimes it's 2010 and I'm on the bus, other times it's like a few hours ago and I'm in ... Italy:) .... but you could still be in the arctic regions ... and what do you think of them apples? :) ...

eighty+
07-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi. Pete. Just woke. Been out. Was hard as the legs feel like two overdone. Bloated sausages

Ok. I looked. Jeeze. What I like best is your description. And the way your fans describe. The

Beauty. Of your apples. But I still feel like the little boy who. Looks at the king and says. But

He.s Got no. Clothes. On. Ok. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Pete yeah I've just looked 1st time 2/19/2018 ink on paper great

chinapete
07-27-2012, 08:25 AM
haha, I thought the poisoned apple ... was in Snow White? ...

eighty+
07-27-2012, 10:07 AM
corr Pete Thanks I didn't knqw you had poisoned them, ok I thought they looked dodgy is that why you called them golden delicous :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

eighty+
07-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi quickie on IPad now breakfast ok yestudays bus sketch'es after breakfast

eighty+
07-27-2012, 08:16 PM
ok bus Sketch'es done 6 but a girl in a wheelchair wanted her's ok 1 of 5

SLAINTE..............STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

eighty+
07-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi The Three Waiter's ...................Waitin try with Charcoal:eek::cool:

eighty+
07-27-2012, 09:25 PM
sorry missed em ok

eighty+
07-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi Flower's :cool: :cool: :cool:

Caesar
07-27-2012, 11:44 PM
I like Your last batch too. I'm particularly impressed by the colorful ones and the three tenors.
I was also wondering which is actually the finger raised by the sorcerer up above in this page ...:DLOL

eighty+
07-28-2012, 12:39 AM
That's. China Pete. Waving his finger at me. Put me at the back of the room.

So I stuck hin on the great wall of China. Took a lot of chalk. And a bamboo scaffold :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

coops
07-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Hi there dear Eighty, again you have really been busy. The oriental gentleman is cute as are the three waiters but I really love the flower painting, it is sooo delicate.:)
Stay fit and well and painting dear friend:)

eighty+
07-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops Lunch break :D:D still very hot here even thou its hazy I 've just plucked up courage to go out as we're past the noon day Sun Yeah

legs not to good swollen might get a few sketch'es did look at your new fizzog might have a go still undecided as its rather hazy if I do have a go it will be pot luck

how it turns out ok :D:D:D back to yuh desk no skiving :eek::eek: :D :D :cool: :cool:

eighty+
07-28-2012, 01:34 AM
See you can always tell Royals By Their Lugoles :D :D :D :cool: yeah I know its me for the Tower :eek::eek::eek:

Alexandra
07-28-2012, 01:44 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi there Eighty and make sure you are doing okay and behaving yourself these days. Try to wear something respectable at the olympics, okay? You don't want to shame your AR family you know.:p

chinapete
07-28-2012, 07:53 AM
... whew, you drew the right finger :) ...

eighty+
07-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi Sandra. Yeah. Thanks. Misbehaving what me ! :D Just as likely. I'll. Dozed my way

Through the olympics. It's like picking up a book only to find you've read it. :D:cool::cool:

Hi Pete. Just knew. You were kackhanded. :D:D

eighty+
07-28-2012, 06:29 PM
HI Flower's a quick smash on the IPad mitt finger this morning ok

coops
07-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Morning dear Eighty:) What beautiful flowers, nearly as lovely as the ones I was given on my last day at work, yup retired now. Hope you are well and ready for the warm weather, have a great day my friend:)

eighty+
07-28-2012, 07:47 PM
hey hey Hey Katie Katie Coops A life of Leisure is it now :D:D:D arh back to the paintings or is it the olympics sorry about the flower's

it was the best I cauld do at short notice :D :D :D :D have a good weekend ok Slainte Statte Bbone Si Si :D

eighty+
07-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi yesturdays Bus Sketch'es sorry I'm late but just Keeled over when I got home :D

eighty+
07-28-2012, 09:03 PM
last one ok SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

coops
07-29-2012, 04:22 AM
Great work again on the buses, your confidence really shows through and by the way, I still love your flowers. Have a great rest of the day my friend:)

eighty+
07-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops Thanks been Dozing :D and in the odd moments when awake been trying to paint this village

I nearly fell off the esplanade got quiet giddy funny that as hieghts never worried me but this did do you think its my age??

been invited to a BBQ tomorrow lunchtime I xpect I'll drink to much and be shown the door thats life :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

ok enjoy your Sunday ok..................SLAINTE..............STATTE BBONE Si Si :D

coops
07-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey dear Eighty hang on to the railings and dont you daare fall over lol, thats a great painting once again from you dear friend:)
Enjoy your BBQ hope the weather holds for you:)

eighty+
07-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi Katie. Katie Coops. Yeah great BBQ did drink to much but managed to walk home did some sketch'es. Ok. SLAINTE :D:D:mad:

coops
07-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Morning dear Eighty, glad you had a good time at the BBQ and that you got home safely. Looks like another sunny day here even though its a bit windy. Hope all is well with you dear friend:)

eighty+
07-30-2012, 08:01 PM
hi Katie Katie Coops yeah feeling a bit shatterd :eek::D yep clouds scudding by haven't been out yet but the wind felt a bit sharp Sunday

ok here's Sunday's sketch'es 1st of 5 :cool:

eighty+
07-30-2012, 08:05 PM
2nd of 5 ok :D

eighty+
07-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi scuse the last 5 as had had a few sherberts ok :D :D :D

Caesar
07-30-2012, 09:41 PM
I think I infected You with Alvaro's germ, dear ATPLus! As soon as You recovery I suspect You would me some olympics athletes too on Your bus, since they're all meeting and staying over there notwithstanding the slightly disquieting opening ceremony show...:DLOL

eighty+
07-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi Katie Katie Coops its raining :D ok I've done a pratice run to see if could find you :cool::D ok so don't be too uset :D :D :D

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One what happened at the opening then as havn't been watching as telly sends me to sleep :D

Yeah not much chance of seeing olympics Athlete's on my Bus as they will all be up the Smoke ok :D :D :D

......................SLAINTE.............. STATTE BBONE................Si..........................S i.......................................:D........ .....To You Both :p

pat1940
07-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Hi eighty, love your sketches of course, and what a lovey painting of our dear Katie, sorry you cant stay awake for the olympics, my favorites are, swimming, diving and gymnastics, you take care and watch those great B.Q'S they get you tipsy all the time lol:D:D:D:D:D