PDA

View Full Version : A couple of compositions

Caesar
12-21-2010, 11:48 PM
I collated some parts to compose these two pieces around two conceptual ideas. The syle was suggested by a living, young Roman artist called Zaelia Bishop I learned to appreciate.

The titles respectively:

The fruit of knowledge

Time's up

semd74
12-21-2010, 11:55 PM
These are fantastic paintings Caesar and I esp like "Time's Up" although I really dont exactly know why...LOL

Caesar
12-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Thank You, dear Semd74! After listening to some comments and intepretations I'll give an idea of the various meanings I conceived and found in these compositions.
I would also add two further versions I developped of Time's up ...
I've got also another one, so, it depends on which kind of colors, interior decoration and furniture You've got home .... :D

eighty+
12-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Caesar why am I stuck behind the window and why have you had my
beard cut off I wont be able to do my job and the Riendeers will miss me :eek::eek::eek:

mannafig
12-22-2010, 01:11 AM
I really like these Cesare they are very enjoyable and different to look at:):)

Caesar
12-22-2010, 03:46 AM
No reindeers this yaer, dear ATPlus! We received too many complaints by great masters You didn't pay royalties too .... :D (mere envy from them ;)). Anyway the one behind the window is not You, but an example of convergent evolution case with You, that's why he looks alike. In fact he's Pablo Picasso and, by painting continuously, succeeded to get very, very old! :p Best wishes then to go far beyond him! ;):) Thanks!

Dear Amanda, it's maybe curious that a young lady like You may find this vintage images founded stuff enjoyable, unless I succeeded to touch some timeless sort of chord, meaning and taste out of these pieces I would be the most surprised one to know. :eek:
I still wonder if anyone thinks to feel some sort of emotion or sentiment or gets some meaning out of them ....:rolleyes: I do, but I'm sure there are others I didn't realize. Thank You very much! :)

kenmo
12-22-2010, 03:51 AM
I really like the style and composition of these images...:):):)

Caesar
12-22-2010, 05:49 AM
Thank You, dear Kenmo! :) Considering Your preferred subjects, I presume You like the type of the car driven by the kid on the second one! :D:p

screenpainter
12-22-2010, 06:00 AM
I like these photo montages Cesare. Very delightful to look at.

barnburner
12-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Obviously, these are really well done Caesar...
Great job! :)

Caesar
12-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Thank You, dear Albert and Barnburner.
If You wish to know the real Roman artist inspiring me, who uses this style (and provides a materic finishing to his works too), herebelow You can find some of his artpieces:
http://www.google.it/images?hl=it&expIds=17259,26442,28021&xhr=t&q=zaelia+bishop&cp=4&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=4fgQTbXcC4G44gaIxaiGAg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQsAQwAQ&biw=1440&bih=710

Docsmith626
12-22-2010, 09:23 AM
If anyone would "get" the artistry behind combining photo-manipulation with painting and put his own signature spin on it, it would be Caesar. And that link is going in my bookmarks. :D:D:D:D:D

Caesar
12-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Thank You, dear Doc! You're too kind indeed.
I've not really a photomanipulation skill (no expertise at all). I was just able place the different components together and used some AR blending to unify the picture in one of the two composition. This means I've lot to learn, but also opportunities to improve and get some happy accidents ....

MacPix
12-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Very intriguing! Now I know what to do with all the old photos in that box in my backroom!

Caesar
12-23-2010, 12:26 AM
If You're an expert of photo manipulation You cannot exclude any form of expression to express Yourself, dear MacPix. I'm not at all, while Docsmith is the real guru in here for this and produced really powerful and tasty illustrations. I was just a mere composer here and used a blending layer and few AR modes in one of the two cases. It may always be a way to quickly fix something You would later paint or overpaint on canvas ....
Thank You!

mannafig
12-23-2010, 02:23 AM
My dear Cesare I have a real love for most things that are vintage and considered old fashioned.
Also I have never fitted in with others my age and the people I do get on with most tend to be a lot older than me.
I get real enjoyment from looking at these images I'm just not so good at describing them.:):)

Caesar
12-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Thank you again, dear Amanda! You're wise. It's always important that, while we progress, we don't lose our roots and history and, with them, all learned lessons and past achievements as well as a role for the old guys and their stories and experiences. :)

I would also point out that I add minor manual (or rather mouseual :p) contributions to these compositions. The three scenario and the added half apple were by me, not from any picture, so as part of the lawn, large window frame and some other details required to complete and integrate the second painting assembly. I hope that the idea, the elements selections and this humble work could justify why I, with some uncertainty thereabout, put my dated monogram on them too ... :rolleyes:

MacPix
12-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Indeed, Caesar. Photos for me are just the spark to start a creative fire.

Alexandra
12-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Oh, these are so cool Cesare, I would love to try this! Great work!

damasocl
12-23-2010, 05:06 PM
As always, a great job!!!
(I've used the AR layers to make materials in my classes.)
Congratulations!!!

Como siempre, una gran obra!!!
(Yo he utilizado las capas de AR para confeccionar material didáctico en mis clases.)

Caesar
12-23-2010, 09:56 PM
I hope You'll try too, dear Sandra. I'm sure Your creativity will get very original and intriguing compositions and effects! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Damaso! What a luck for Your classes is to have You as a professor, so enthusiastic, creative and masterful as an artist and so empathic as a person.:) Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year with Your family and all chilean brothers and sisters, especially the ones affected by the recent terrible catastrophe.