PDA

View Full Version : Repenting Monk

Caesar
12-18-2010, 04:52 AM
This is another experiment based on a drawing, a customer sticker for the skin (used flat and spray) and some other support tool for finishing.
Not that happy with the toned down colors from the sticker ...

mannafig
12-18-2010, 04:58 AM
It is a nice experiment:):). Though with the colour he kind of reminds me of Scrooge :D

barnburner
12-18-2010, 05:33 AM
Excellent job Caesare... Of course, he probably has been inside the monastery for 30 years without seeing
the sunshine, so that could accocunt for the lack of color.... :)

MJSparks
12-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Looks great to me!

He could be an old chimney sweep, maybe? You know, the fellahs who've seen too much... been around the block and all that. ;) He looks like he needs the pub though, one last one before he signs up to the monestery.

AT-TA
12-18-2010, 07:59 AM
THe figure is well done but i think he needs a different background....

coops
12-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Great work again Cesare:)

Alexandra
12-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Oh dear....he has that look as if there is so much pain and regret...that he is ready to admit and repent. Great expressive work Cesare.

Caesar
12-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Thank You all, dear friends. He may be amonk, or a chimney sweep or Scroogre ... what's for sure is that he must have seen too many negative things, either outside and inside his person.
Yes, the background was initiallya an attempt to make the head pop out and now it's probably not that good.

eighty+
12-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Caesar I thought all Monks were fat don't they repent

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

kenmo
12-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Very nice results....

jibes
12-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Poor guy! 1st he had to be a monk and now he repents! Life is not fair! Good job Ceasar. If the head was done on it's own layer you could always do an adjustment on the color for just that layer.

MacPix
12-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Very nice! He reminds me of Cpt. Jean Luc Picard (yeah, Star Trek geek here).

Caesar
12-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Dear ATPlus, You're probably influenced in Your opinion by the one included in the merry company of Sherwood leaded by Robin Hood ... :D

Still to find a better way and fine tune and better integrate or merge this possible procedure, at least for some textural effects, dear Kenmo. It has some promises for a more tridimensional outcome.Thank You!

Unfortunately the face was on two layers and the background on the lower one of the two, dear Jibes. I'll try again on a different subject to get advantage from this lesson. Thank You!

I cas see what You say, dear MacPix! None of the two is laughing or smiling prone ....:D Thank You!