PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Staging at Home

Caesar
12-13-2010, 08:29 AM
I thought to make a Xmas card with our traditional and, in particular, this year interior set ups for Christmas at home, to share the delight and satisfactory outcome of our efforts (and the contributed taste and creativity of my wife more than mine).
I'm sorry You cannot see the lights plays and one of the fountain water flowing, while the windmill unfortunately short-circuited once on.:(
The character in a northern alpine costume and placard with Buon Natale writing (i.e. Merry Christmas) is hanging on our front door and, with his long legs, forces anyone to respectfully bow to get in or out ...:D

Lee
12-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Dear Caesar, can't of a more gracious thing than to be invited into ones home, such a lovely scene, a big THANK YOU to your wife, bless her, and best wishes!!!:)

gigicharm
12-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Thank you for the inspiration! What a beautiful tradition! Please pass the many warm wishes for a Happy Holiday to your wife...oh and to you Caesar!

Merry Christmas From a Fellow Artrager!;):);):);):);):):D:p

Blessings,
GigiCharm

Alexandra
12-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Outstanding dear Cesare! Merry Christmas to you, your talented wife, and sons! Beautiful work!

semd74
12-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Thankyou for sharing this my friend, and a merry christmas to you and yours...:):):)

mannafig
12-13-2010, 11:44 PM
A beautiful display you have a very talented family. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy new year:):)

Caesar
12-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Thank You, dear Lee! I'll let her know of Your appreciation and best to You all too!

I will pass her Your wishes with pleasure, dear Gigi, thank You! The same to You too!

Thank You, dear Sandra! I'll forward Your appreciation and wishes.

The same to You once more, dear Semd74! Thank You!

Dear Amanda, actually my two sons were not much active on this, especially this year, although they seem to still appreciate the traditions.
Thank You for Your wishes and wish You a serene Christmas and positive New Year.

barnburner
12-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Caesar, thanks for inviting us into your home and sharing the beauty of your Christmas season.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.:)

Jasminek
12-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Lovely indeed, full of the Christmas, warm feelings.:)

ScottF
12-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Merry Christmas, Caesar! Thanks for sharing this. You guys really go all out!

pat1940
12-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Caesar, thankyou for the invitation into your home to see the spirit of your family, we wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and hope the year 2011 is a wonderful peaceful, healthy and happy year for you and all your family..........Pat and Al Bailey:)

jibes
12-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Wow Caesar! You been busy! Looks very nice!!

Caesar
12-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Thank You very much and the warmest wishes to You and Your families too, dear Jasmine, Scott, Pat and Jibes.

Now the baby is not yet in the manger scene (as per our tradition) until midnight between the 24th and 25th, when he will be born surrounded by our contemplation and the notes of Christmas songs, most You probably know, since they got universal from German/Austrian tradition, and other national ones such as our "Tu scendi dalle stelle" (You come down from the stars), Italian version of the older Neapolitan language one written and composed in 1754. That music is sung in all churches in the Christmas period together with Adeste fideles and is played all over by our Appennine sheperds with the ancient pastoral instrument called zampogna, which is like a Scottish pipe, except that it usually has two instead than one chanter only, each double reed (the one chanter version is called ciaramella). Actually there are various sizes and variants of them in our southern regions.

javier
12-15-2010, 12:39 AM
This is a great idea as a Christmas card, Merry Christmas to you and your family

Caesar
12-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Thank You, dear Javier. You too! Feliz Navidad y 2011!

screenpainter
12-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Cesare,
your display is very heartfelt and wonderful...
Buon Natale e felice Anno Nuovo!

Caesar
12-15-2010, 09:26 AM
thank you very much, dear Albert! All the best to You and Your beloved ones too!

AT-TA
12-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Am so glad, you invited me/us to see all these beauties,Caesar. I wonder of what all the mangers are made of... wood, paper...etc. I used to have as a kid the one made of hardened paper and with all the deco around it, was just magic. Yours must be awesome.
Seasons greetings to all your family, God bless you all!

wenkat
12-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Caesar-couple made it dramatic and graceful. Best Xmas wishes in advance!:)

Caesar
12-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Dear Anna, the manger scene uses mymetic paper over some boxes or crumpled up newspaper sheets as a base and sheets with sawdust glued on.
The houses and the grotto are made with wood pieces and hardened paper. Much used is cork oak bark. The house on the left was built by me with little bricks and tiles are real small scale ones also used for train scenes modeling etc. and the window and door is transparent plastic and balsa wood. The figures are resin ones, but a good quality and, at least, they don't break should they fall. The same aplies to objects, resin and wood pieces. The grass is made with moss I gather in our garden below. The fountain has a little electrical motor so water is continuously recycled and provides a nice gurgling sound.
Obviously they make here the presepio or presepe (manger scene, nativity creche or crib) also with any other materials more or less rarely used: wood, ceramic, glass, papier-mâché, reeds, hammered iron etc. also snad or snow ...
Best wishes and all the best to You and Your family too and Thank You!

Thank You, dear Wenkat! Actually we're not the only one year to keep traditions alive. There are far bigger and spectacular shows on both the manger scene (also living ones) and the tree. Have You and Your family too the most wonderful Christmas and lucky New Year!

AT-TA
12-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Thank you for explanation, Caesar, these are all so beautiful, cannot get enough of watching them... kind of reminding me of home... and .....i so wish i was back there...nothing like a european christmas with all the customes, carrolls, and beautiful Holly nativity scenes...Have them wonderfull and enjoy all those festive moments fully.

Mairzie Dotes
12-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Dear Caesar,
What a dazzling and festive Christmas celebration. It is obvious that
much love, thought, care and creativity has been invested in these
festive, ornate and quite impressive displays. The photos are absolutely
wonderful to see and ... a very merry Christmas and best wishes for
a happy new year. :)

justjean
12-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Caesar, thank you for inviting us into your home to share your wonderful display of the meaning of Christmas . Merrry Christmas to You and Yours :)

Caesar
12-16-2010, 06:50 AM
But as for the snowy landscape I guess there's no competition with Canada, dear Anna ...:D Blessings to You all!

Dear Mair, with a poetry from You and fireworks everything's ready for celebrating! Thank You! Have the merriest Christmas and happiest New Year!

You're welcome, dear Jean! All Christmas blessings and wishes for 2011 to You and Your family too!

Lima
12-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Ah, nice work Caesar. Very well done and beautiful. Merry Christmas to you and your family.:)

Caesar
12-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Thank You very much, dear Oriane! I would like to return to You and Your family our best wishes and any blessing for the forthcoming 2011!

coops
12-17-2010, 05:39 AM
What a delight and an honor to be invited into your home Cesare. Thank you for showing us and again Merry Christmas:)

Caesar
12-17-2010, 06:24 AM
Thank You, dear Katie! Our best wishes to You and Your beloved ones again too!