PDA

View Full Version : December delights (Bigger version added).

waheednasir
12-10-2006, 03:17 AM
hi...:). sharing my recent, digitaly painted work, done in artrage - tablet. its a gift for a friend for christmas. went for a joyous, festive look/feel, hence, kept it all and all, pure painterly in such a way, that suits the subject and my requirement as well. a few ref images were only seen, way before i started this, i did consult real life, actual refs too, but nothing was there infront of me while painting this, so its more a painting from memory. what u see here, is my own composition that i visualised.
again, pls view it from some distance to enjoy it more.

thanks for watching...and merry christmas to all...:).

danbo
12-10-2006, 04:34 AM
did you use oranges or carotts to cover the background cake ?
hmmm, send me a part asap

jacktar51
12-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Waheed... nice to see you posting your work... It is good that you still manage to get on the computer,long enough to do one of your excellent paintings...very nice work....Jack.

friendly
12-10-2006, 06:45 AM
your work is always artistic and excellent

AndyRage
12-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Okay, now that's real enough to get me drooling.
I'm sure I could never leave references like that in front of me long enough to even raise the pencil.

That's a stunning treatment of the items. You've managed to make them into a work of fine art!

Rkngel
12-10-2006, 09:52 AM
I think I just absorbed a few hundred calories from just looking at that...
perfection as usual!!!

Selby
12-10-2006, 10:26 AM
lovely waheed you really did capture the festive feeling so well..your friend will be so pleased to recieve such a beautiful work.

its all so good but this morning its the rasberry thats singing to me :)

Selby

AndyRage
12-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Y'know, looking at the image more, I'm struck by the level of detail. Even the individual cake sprinkles have highlights on them. The glace cherries on the cake have internal reflections so they look vaguely internally lit. The texture of the cake is rich - you can tell it's a moist cake.
The surface of the blueberries has a fogged waxiness look - exactly as you'd expect on blueberries.
You express such a passion for every detail.

Adam Black
12-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Wow. Just wow.

You wouldn't happen to have a larger version...? :D

Bumble
12-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Absolutely Wonderful And Yummy :D :lol:

drzeller
12-10-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm with Rkngel... that picture is bad for your health! I need a picture of some milk, and perhaps someone exercising!

Waheed, even more than with Jack or Friendly, I can always spot your style as soon as I look at one of your pieces. Your detail, work with light, and backgrounds all stand out.

Best wishes through the holidays,
David

waheednasir
12-10-2006, 07:52 PM
many many thanks to everyone for coming in and for giving this beautiful feedback...im so happy to read them. makes me laugh aswell...i like the "calories" thing...lol...:).
danbo, jack, friendly, andy (appreciate your double visit...:)), rkngel, selby, adam black, bumble, drzeller...:). thanks a lot.
andy, i really like how u observed every bit of it. u know, whenever i read such sort of comments, they makes me smile, cause it shows that not a single brushwork gets ignored, they are all observed and every effort is being noticed. thanks, im happy u like it so much.

adam, here is the bigger version, i was already thinking about sharing it here and then i read your comment...:).

have a great day everyone...cheers all...:).

D Akey
12-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Fabulous, Waheed! Love the woven quality of the baskets. Your brush strokes really give a good feel for the material.

This pic would very much appeal to women - subject and colors. Very orderly and proper -- the way some women want their homes to be.

Others you've done would appeal more to men, I would say. The ones with more metal and cooler colors. Also orderly, for those who appreciate that in life as well.

Then, of course there are those that are general interest to everybody. Most of yours are like that.

Interesting.

Some writers I've read on how to write say that it is helpful, if not very important to them when they are writing something to have a particular person they want to please. What could you say to get them to laugh, or perk up with interest. Do you have such a thing in mind when you paint?

waheednasir
12-11-2006, 07:27 AM
hey there d akey...so good to see u, i hope all is well at your end...:).
thank u for droping by and for such a wonderful, detailed analysis and for all the appreciation. thanks for making me smile...:). so good to read all that uve written.
regarding your question...well, frankly speaking, i paint what i like, what excites me personaly. im always thankful to God and people that the viewers like what i just paint from my heart, what comes from inside me. if u notice, ull see, that i dont follow trends, fashion etc. ive never painted an abstract painting, just because its considered cool to paint like that these days, nah, never do that. i paint that only when i feel for that from inside.
plus, still lifes are rarely painted these days and they dont get much appreciation as well as compared to fantasy, or other digital styles (im talking about internet stuff). but u see that i do that and i love it.
only when i have to paint something for a particular person, for any particular reason, then only i do think about those things that are related to him/her and i try to make something having that. but even then, i paint that in my own style...:).

i hope i got your question right and my reply explains well what u wanted to ask.

thanks again for coming in mate...:).

Lee
12-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Dear Waheed, look forward to your paintings, squeeze it out like an ace in a hand of cards, this one is not the regular Christmas fruitcake, could you move the goodies back a little from the edge of the table, way toooooo tempting, beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

waheednasir
12-18-2006, 03:26 AM
thank u so much lee for droping by and for submitting this beautiful feedback. lol...u really made me laugh in the middle of it...i liked reading that... :wink:... :).

sorry for replying quite late.

have a great day.

drakeblake
12-18-2006, 05:35 AM
Just beautifull!!!
Too bad i didn't meet you when i went to Pakistan :)
DB

waheednasir
12-20-2006, 07:42 AM
thank u db...:). well, that sounds interesting that u were here, would've been great to meet u. which city if i may know? and do u visit often? may be next time...:).

best wishes.