PDA

View Full Version : first Thai on the Everest

Jasminek
12-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Hi,

I wanted to paint about this for a while, just slipped in and out of my mind!:eek: Our first snow yesterday made me get up and paint!

Mr. Vitidnan Rochanapanich was the first Thai who reached the summit Mount Everest. He was the leader of a Vietnamese expedition. The expedition made it to the summit of Mt. Everest on 22nd May 2008.

Most Thais feel that things like this have no value. The Asians who climb a lot are Japanese.

Done by water color, knife and felt pen.

Any comments and advice are appreciated.:D

Cheers!

barnburner
12-12-2010, 03:17 AM
I love the mountains, and love to hike the trails in the 10,000 foot range, but I'll pass on the lack of oxygen, and countless dangers of the elevations of peaks like Everest... Those are some very strong willed and courageous people.
Excellent job Jasmine.. :)

coops
12-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Another excellent painting Jasmine, very courageous people who achieve their dreams:)

Alexandra
12-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Wonderful story and painting Jasmine!

semd74
12-12-2010, 06:14 AM
Great painting...but I will stay in the low lands...lol

Jasminek
12-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks you all. Me too, I prefer the low lands too. I lived in Colorado Springs for a couple of years, I had a hard time breathing and had to quit tennis, eventhoug I was young then!:eek:

Cheers!:D

pat1940
12-13-2010, 03:48 AM
nice story Jasmine and lovely painting, well done;):)

Bobbyray
12-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Nice one!

I was there in 2008..... it was um cold! He looks almost frozen, lol

Great artwork! ;)

jibes
12-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Very well done and a great story!

Jasminek
12-14-2010, 02:50 AM
Thanks so much dear Pat, Bobbyray and Jibes. It looks like a place that I just have to see from pictures too, way to high and too cold for me.!:D

ScottF
12-14-2010, 05:50 AM
A fine job, Jasmine! I always enjoy paintings with a bit of a story.

Caesar
12-14-2010, 10:03 PM
A very nice painting to celebrate such an achievement. The enthusiastic expression is so eloquent.:):):)

Unfortunately, it has no more the taste of an exclusive and almost impossible challenge and rare achievement nowadays, with all the knowlenge and technology available to help.
There's still people who loses life and put at risks rescuer ones doing what is now just an extreme holiday type.
Moreover I saw the pollution left on Everest and the other highest tops of Himalaya and Karakorum by the climbers and that made me sad.:(
Mountain climbing of those types in these days are far less heroic and exciting with reference to the early pioneers explorations, such as the first time on the Everest by New Zealander Hillary (1953) or the K2 by our Compagnoni and Lacedelli (1954) or when Rehinold Messner sequentially climbed all the 14 above 8.000 mt tops and without any oxygen support and often first to do it from the least accessible sides, including the Everest conquered for first time without oxygen bottle.:rolleyes:
Today also a more than 70 aged healthy guy was put in the position of doing it ...:D

Jasminek
12-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks so much Scott and Caesar.

I always admire people with effort to concur things eventhough certain things are beyond certain people. Vive to the world of differences.:D