PDA

View Full Version : self portrait with IPad

eighty+
12-02-2010, 08:16 AM
I can't draw with my finger i've got to get a pen :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

franc
12-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Try using the good smooth end of one of those fat plastic knitting needles or some- such. There are lots of things about that can be used--even the wrong end of a ball-point pen--just make sure it's good and smooth. A bright young chap like you could even make your own !!

screenpainter
12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
looks a bit like a Jesus.

P.S. there are some videos on you tube of how to make your own stylus wrapping aluminum foil around a pencil and adding a bit of sponge, but you can buy a professionally made one for 14.95 U.S. the pogo stylus by ten one design. or there is another one a bit more expensive around 29.00 U.S. by just/mobile called alupen that is a bit easier to grip.
http://www.beatweek.com/iphone/ipodiphoneitunes/7316-review-just-mobile-alupen-stylus-for-ipad/
Knitting needles won't work... not conductive.

jimblodget
12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I've had pretty good luck with a home made stylus. My favorite is made by sticking a small piece of kitchen sponge in the end of a plastic straw and wrapping the straw with aluminum foil. Plastic alone doesn't work. It needs to be conductive.

Wonderful first try. I hope you have fun with your iPad.

eighty+
12-03-2010, 03:04 AM
thanks Franc Gzair Jim for your help I'll try and get a pen but Snow has stopped play :D but had ago with finger again getting better found its better with a light touch but not easy for a hamfisted old sod yeah

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D _____E/S

Caesar
12-03-2010, 04:49 AM
I knew You actually were a guru, dear ATP! You performed great with Your finger (on the iPAD, not the nose ...:D). Listening tomate's suggestion for a homemade pen, I anxiously look forward to see the marvels You will roll out once You assemble Your new magic wand for drawing ....

eighty+
12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Caesar I can't stop laughing either or should it be iether I'm blowed if i know pehaps its nither or it nether :eek::eek::eek: :confused::confused::confused::D:D:D

Icepulse
12-04-2010, 10:32 AM
It looks like Bill Gaines, Father of MAD Magazine!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qJ8fpCc-DXk/Rmg09wEtqJI/AAAAAAAAAEI/-lYujTjvZ0c/s400/bg.jpg

eighty+
12-04-2010, 11:10 PM
thanks icepulse wish I was that young

Icepulse
12-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Yeah, well that picture is 30 years old, so don't be too hard on yourself! You're here, and Gaines is long gone.

Just saw your "Fagin" in your gallery area. Brilliant! Is that a copy?

steverino365
12-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Great job for a finger drawing - can't wait to see what you will do with a pen:D:D:D

eighty+
12-05-2010, 10:11 AM
hi ice pulse just hanging :eek: fagin as seen on tv. Thanks

Hi Steve 365. With luck get a pen next week

:D:mad::D:D:D:D:D

Icepulse
12-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I grabbed the BoxWave capacitive stylus (lunar blue) from Amazon for 15 dollars American.

It's night and day. I can't see myself ever going back.

eighty+
12-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Great ice pulse ordered a box wave red on saterday with luck

Get it by Wednesday cost about 14 have you used yours yet

If so. What do you think is it good ???? I'm still surprised that

Apple didn't surply one regards E+

mannafig
12-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Nice portrait Eighty+

Icepulse
12-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Well, for anything but drawing and painting, the stylus seems counter-intuitive; kind of what Apple was aiming for. The fingers are way better for quick, nimble navigation. The stylus is only useful for precise jobs.

Steve Jobs once said of the competition: "when it comes to a tablet, if your device needs a stylus, you've already lost." (paraphrased, of course).

In any case, all of the following were executed w/ iPad & Stylus:

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/icepulse/sets/72157625500405638/

eighty+
12-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Thanks Mann. Figg glad it made you laugh :eek:

Hi ice pulse thanks for replying liked your work all done with the stylus??if so

It looks good mined you I'm not much good on detail work getting to

Old to bother but should be ok for my rough sketching. Got one other

Problem when emailing work to computer how to get from mail into

Documents have done it couple of times but forgotten I expect it's

My age well that,s my excuse :D:D:D:o:D:DAs when clicking

Save. As. All see is. mil. Text. Textcode

Icepulse
12-06-2010, 10:39 AM
It could be the program you're using to retrieve your mail. I've had business associates who have similar problems (if I'm understanding you correctly) when they use Lotus Notes for email.

Try a different email account. Create a Gmail account for yourself and try that.

eighty+
12-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks. Icepulse I'll have a go ok. If you see anything from. Me

You know I've sorted :D:D:D:D:D. -----E/S