PDA

View Full Version : Single Lotus - Water Color

Jasminek
11-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Just to comfort myself to face the winter and pratice water color.

All done in water color and little knife. Used reference picture of a temple's web page.

Lotus is normally associated with Buddism. In the scriptures the Lord Buddha taught about people's types that there are 3 types, one is like a seed under the mud, covered with mud, could be eaten by fish or turtle. This type normally cannot understand how to be good, interpret things their way and could be easily be led to be radicals.

The second type of people is like the sprout coming out of the lotus seed, pushing towards light to be above water. This type of people, there is hope to be taught the right way, he also said most people are this type. I wonder he was talking about HIS time 2553 years ago!

The third is like the above water lotus, intelligent enough to be guided to do the right things for the mankind, no matter how little he/she can do but he/she can be counted on to be a responsible person.

Just a little information that some of you might find it interesting.

Any comments and advice are appreciated.:D

Alexandra
11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Beautiful Jasmine!

semd74
11-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Beautiful water color painting Jasmine...Love it!!!

Jasminek
11-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Thank you Alexandra and Semd74. I used grainy paper in this painting, sometimes it looks like is raining, wonder why? Appreciate if someone can answer that.:D

Caesar
11-24-2010, 02:28 AM
It's a gentle and fine painting and the rain effect just great!

Valerie
11-24-2010, 03:06 AM
This is so beautiful and I love the colors.

Jasminek
11-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks so much dear Caesar and Valerie.:)

steverino365
11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
No advice needed:D:D Just beautiful!!

PaperTree
06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I strive to be the water Lotus that pops out to the surface. I also strive to paint as well as you do with water colour. Love it.

Caesar
06-28-2012, 07:43 PM
The lotus You painted so exquisitely with watercolors is wonderful and luminous indeed.
Very interesting teaching by Buddha. To complement this cultural information and piece of wisdom, I see a parallel with Jesus' seeds parable (indicating God's word possible effects, from the least to the most durable, as falling in different grounds, i.e. people).
It's also interesting to know that Lotus was seen as a most important symbol to ancien Egyptians, millennia before either Buddha or Jesus Christ appeared.

barnburner
06-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Very well done Jasmine. As always the information you provide with your paintings is both informative, and appreciated. :) :) :)

pat1940
06-29-2012, 02:04 AM
Jasmine, it is so nice to see you back here, and to see your wonderful art again, just a beautiful lotus blossom

silvy
06-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Welcome back with a very lovely watercolor:):)!