PDA

View Full Version : Caricaturezz by Hanzz WIP continued jan 17 2011

hanzz
11-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Here's one I started, and am slowly progressing with...
I made a few new 'skin brushes' and a spackled one for the texture. It seems to be working, might finish this one off eventually.....
Will keep this updated... have fun !

screenpainter
11-21-2010, 11:43 PM
spot on with that one Hanzz. by all means keep on this... it's great!

hanzz
11-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Here's some progress.... I made a background (see layer thumbnails) this close up shot shows the effect of my 'spackeled brushes' I am really happy with the progress so far.
The hairbrushes are a bit less of a success, but hey I won some, no need to win it all at once ! :D

I hope to show the finally finished one in my Gallery soon.:cool:

kenmo
11-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Looks like the late Ted Kennedy to me... Excellent...

hanzz
11-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks Gzairborne and Kenmo

screenpainter
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
The close up is great. I don't know how you would be able to stop working on it. It just pleads to be finished. Oh maybe that's me. :) Great work... Hanzz!

ScottF
11-22-2010, 10:26 AM
An excellent start, as always! Your new brushes are amazing. DO finish this one!

hanzz
11-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Thanks Guys !

The finished result is in my Gallery (see my sig below for link)

I hope you still like it ..:cool::cool:

Caesar
11-23-2010, 02:16 AM
The skin tones and textures are perfectly adherent to the subject, a real wonder! Could You pls explain how You made Your skin brushes and the speckled one? I prepared some sticker for textures but the problem is to use them like a brush of koin them seamlessly ...
Thank You!

hanzz
11-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Dear Ceasar,

I include brushdabs , which are basically watercolor-dabs (speckled brush) and chalk or crayon, on textured paper for the skin brush)
I suppose you could also adjust a colored picture of sand... Can be tricky to adjust to the right shade of red though....
I also included a settings of the brush.I started out with the basic option to set it as a sticker brush.
Let me know if you still have issues with starting them up. You can also make them yourself, and at a different size, Mine are on a bigger scale than this, because for the details my paintings are huge.
But you get what I'm saying.

Caesar
11-23-2010, 10:29 PM
WOW! Thank You very much! I didn't consider the image brush this far :eek:, just used the sticker spray as it was, apart some more evident settings. I also suspect I possibly made some of them too opaque and probably the circular shape is better to join the strokes. May I ask You about the size and transparency You would advice to be the best?
May I also ask You a detail on what You fill in the sticker creation window, i mean layere and squares?
I usually fill the first (color) and second (texture) on the second layer, but there's possibly a better way ...
Since we talked about I would herebelow show some textures stickers I made from tests and paintings, but which I was unsure to be good for anyone. Which one You think may be interesting and useful? How should I re-arrange them if any? In case I would be glad to supply them to You and other mates in here.

hanzz
12-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Hey Ceasar!
Some interesting textures here!
In the first row is something I could use to make a skinbrush. (the long shape.)
I would take a section out of it, preferably a round one (my liking, not a rule)
I place mine in the second row of the sticker creation window.To paint you can adjust the opacity some more with the alpha channel.

Here's my newest, with the same set of brushes. A tribute to a funny man..;)

Caesar
12-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm honoured You found an interesting texture and I'm going to make them all either round (more or less precisely) or squared, as appropriate.
I thank You again for Your old and last advices and I think Your forthcoming tribute to someone we all enjoyed already started with the best of the premises (I had no doubt anyway).

hanzz
12-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks Ceasar. I enlarged the nose a bit more, and the finished result is is my gallery. (see sig for link)

Nickillus
12-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Fabulous stuff Hanzz. Thanks so much for the insights into your working practices. Precious information and highly inspirational.

parel
12-28-2010, 06:39 PM
that is some ninja caricaturing!

hanzz
01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
something completely different....
I had them ready ,but so far did not post them yet.... this is one with a very special meaning...:D

hanzz
01-17-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't know why the order is not correct, but you'll get the idea !
Not sure where to go now. Color? other background ?:confused::confused:

hanzz
01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
this is the final picture, only in two versions.Can you help me decide what is the one to use ?