PDA

View Full Version : Am Abstract Landscape

Zzythnu
11-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Here is an attempt at a landscape. Let me know what you think.

Peter Pinckney
11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Zz...................excuse me for shortening your name:):)

I like this!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):)

Alexandra
11-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I love the sky and the colors you've chosen!:)

jibes
11-19-2010, 04:31 PM
I agree with Sandra. Love the sky. I am bothered by the waterfall though because it looks impossible to me. Otherwise a fine painting!

screenpainter
11-19-2010, 09:09 PM
it's a very sensual and beautiful abstract. Love the soft satiny feel of the paint and the colors and the light and dark contrast. I like the touch of surrealism if intended, like the waterfall.
if we saw it in a gallery we would definitely be intrigued. I could see a crowd gathered to discuss it. :)

Zzythnu
11-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Shortening my nickname is fine :) a lot of people just call me Z :p

Thanks for the praise. I'm still pretty new to this whole digital art thing. Long long ago I use to play with pastels, acrylic and watercolors. A long life of commercial printing and arts (now I'm working as a monument designer, if anyone needs a headstone :rolleyes:) left me to busy to work on my own art hobbies (other than photography, always taking pictures, no matter what.)
I'm getting back into art again, and am rusty. I love landscapes the most, just started going through the Jack Hamm book, so I hope to be getting better, just gotta keep practicing :D

Jasminek
11-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Good attempt, like the way the colors transfer from the sky to the mountain sharp peaks. Other parts are a tad unrealistic to me, but a very good start, keep on painting.:)

justjean
11-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Very nice with great colours