PDA

View Full Version : Fishing - Just a Dream!

Jasminek
11-19-2010, 03:40 AM
:D It is getting cold again, have a hard time with temperature below 60F.

I remember when working, took the MARC train to DC area, walked thru snow, sleet and the dreams were on tropical somewhere!!! That kept me going!!!

Now retired, can't wait until January so that we can excape to Asia for a couple of months, we are not exactly there yet. Hubby has a hard time with temperature above 80F so we ended up running back and forth.:D

This is done in oil, knife and felt pen. Used several pictures for references.

Any comments and advice are always welcome.:)

Alexandra
11-19-2010, 08:07 AM
So pretty Jasmine.:)

Lima
11-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Yes, really beautiful. Congratulations.

pat1940
11-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Jasmine, love, love this one, very beautiful;);):):)

AT-TA
11-19-2010, 10:27 AM
There must be really huge waterlilies growing in Thailand...love their colors as you painted them her...nice piecefull scenery i wish i was there also... and i hate winter also... so dark and difficult life in it.... but snowy sceneries are really something to admire. Beautiful, Jasmine.

jibes
11-19-2010, 01:03 PM
very nice painting. Such a tranquil scene!

semd74
11-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Very serene...:)

screenpainter
11-19-2010, 09:13 PM
what a good feeling this generates.

wenkat
11-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Quite natural and gives a peaceful look too!:)

Caesar
11-20-2010, 12:33 AM
What a pieceful and sunny view!
I can understand Your wish for a warmer climate, dear Jasmine, even if I didn't want to convert Farenheit degrees to the International System Centigrade degrees standard, thus I could not fully appreciate Your natural comfort temperature range, but I guess husbands may be useful to feel warmer, at least for sleeping better! :D
You made me think once more how lucky I am for this, living in Rome and still having snow within one hour by car distance in late autumn, winter and half spring!

barnburner
11-20-2010, 01:10 AM
A truly peaceful setting.. Fine job Jasmine. :)

Jasminek
11-20-2010, 06:00 AM
Thanks to everyone of you for kind comments. You all are the inspiration that keep me on painting, thanks again.:D

Caesar - "but I guess husbands may be useful to feel warmer", you are too much dear Caesar:D:D, we have been married so long that we get into the habit of "like a little room" for oneself, ok?:D

AT-TA - Water lillies are quite big in Thailand but smaller than lotus. But those water lillies can not tolerate cold seasons and I find them there more colorful too. Being here over 3 quaters of my life doesn't render the "used to" feeling in winter but I am quite thankful that I am not in Nebraska or deep north, could be older age too that makes me more sensitive to the cold. Agree with you that snow scenes are beautiful (as long as I look from a warm place.)

Thanks to all again.:)