PDA

View Full Version : Google Streetview ArtRage Painting Gallery

Briex
11-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Google Streetview is great fun to find nice sceneries as basis for ArtRage paintings. Today I was 'Streetviewing' the Historic Route 66 and landed in a place called Afton. There is a hotel-cafe called Palmer (Streetview address: Southeast 1st, Afton, Oklahoma, USA). Most of USA's Google Streetview pictures are blurry and desperately need to be re-pictured and so the screendrop I made of this Palmer Hotel-Cafe had to be Photoshop-facelifted. Then I used the ArtRage oil brush tool to make a nice painting.

I herewith like to encourage you to make a Google Streetview painting aswell and put it in this Google Streetview ArtRage painting Gallery.

You're invited. Success!

Briex
11-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Another Google Streetview painting in oil with ArtRage: the Stationsplein (Station Square) in Maastricht (NL) on a Summer morning. At the left the railway station buildings, at the right the Kolonel business buildings.

misterpaint
11-15-2010, 03:07 AM
yeah!!
google street view is fun! I use streetview for perspective scenarios... is cool!

P.S. great work my friend!

screenpainter
11-16-2010, 06:53 AM
These are wonderful! I never used it before for reference. You find the coolest places to paint. It's sort of funny when you, as an artist from the Netherlands, find the romance of small town rural America and a lot of people that live here miss it or drive right by it without thinking. :) I think you have a great eye for for art.

Briex
11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Such American towns, villages, cities with straight streets (where a European could get lost), abandoned buildings, large cars, thousands of gas stations, typical American malls, huuugggeee parking places and water towers on tripods, widely spread rural and residential areas are a rare sight in Europe and are attractive to paint. I want to get the right picture. The USA is soo different, everthing is soo huge, big etc. This country is really made for cars only: distances are soo wide that walking or cycling has no sense to move yourself from town to town or even from your home to the shop in town. It's great discover the USA with Streetview and to paint it.

kenmo
11-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Darn cool stuff.....

Briex
11-17-2010, 11:18 AM
On the day that Prince William and Kate Middleton annouce to marry I visted London with Google Streetview, made a screen drop, changed the air to a more Autumn like scenery and painted Buckingham Palace with AR oil brush.

Btw during my childhood I visited London often together with my parents and sistes and I well remember the pale red paved road, the Mall, watching the changement of the guards. I wanted to exeggarate this AR painting by adding a road colour matching sky which makes the painting to a whole.

Briex
11-17-2010, 12:54 PM
An oldy to share. Inspired by Google Streetview. Thorn, the little white town in Limburg (NL). Artraged in Van Gogh style: 100% oil brush.

misterpaint
11-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Great work!!!! ^_^

Rowena
11-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Excellent! :D

sandyg
11-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Fantastic, really enjoyed looking through the thread.

screenpainter
11-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Great paintings all of them. Love those autos in the Buckingham palace piece.

Sophiya
05-26-2011, 05:43 AM
lovely work. this is a great idea for a thread :D

sameh_gpc
07-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Excellent!

kenmo
07-31-2011, 05:31 AM
Excellent idea and excellent work!!!!

misterpaint
07-31-2011, 09:08 AM
great! ^_^

hildee
08-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Love your paintings although I'm not inspired to paint buildings myself, but who knows :) Especially like the Van Gogh one!

felinabubo
08-15-2011, 03:46 AM
wow, what a fantastic idea! I would not have ever thought ... you know what? I almost feel I also so I learn to paint better:):eek:

iceaxe
08-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Great detail for big chunky strokes. Thank you for posting such interesting stuff. I like the monument with the angel?