PDA

View Full Version : An imaginary guy

Caesar
11-12-2010, 02:45 AM
Just a quick drawing out of my mind of a character. No measures taken or reference used. Pencil at fixed color and tone with pressure, size and tilt setting change only.
It was a speed excercise and I didn't try to correct or improve on the first sketch. I hope You may like it the same ...

AT-TA
11-12-2010, 04:26 AM
If done, as you say, without no ref... it is kind of a masterpiece by itself. I like how you handled every pencil move with simplicity and confidence...handsome guy handsomely drawn.:-)

Sketchism71
11-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Dear Caesar, it is always amazing to see your work and even more amazing to know that it is from your mind. Transferring an image from the mind into reality is one of the most challenging tasks for an artist and you my friend are exceptional at it!

Mike Severoff
11-12-2010, 04:50 AM
Excellent! Very cool, I liked it.
I liked the details such as: tie, hat and pose :)

coops
11-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Excellently drawn Cesare as always your figure work is so good:)

kenmo
11-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Darn impressive sketch....!!!!!

Caesar
11-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Pencil drawing, that's where I've built some skill since I was a kid, dear Anna. Thank You for Your appreciation!
The pencil in AR3 is a nice tool and shows interesting features so that, even not being real pencil, it helps You anyway to define and shade quickly anything.
Obviously You need a level of expertise or practice if You don't want to make recourse to references. When I start from references I can usually draw better too, at least in terms of realism and details, but You cannot find references for anything You may wish to draw or paint .....

I know, dear Sketch, and praise God for this. Anyway there are artists in here I admire very much for having both that talent You say and skills, approach, planning and patience to make the illustration become and look deeply "true" down to the least detail. I think You're among them. Thank You!

Dear Mike, the hat and the pose were the rough idea I saw mentally and I started from, the rest was built with a little of experience I have drawing and observation, once the shape was on, what each subsequent tilted trait progressively suggested me to progress. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! I've recently found a list of comics editors and I was fancying about being a free-lancer working for some of them as a second job .... :rolleyes:

Alexandra
11-12-2010, 06:31 AM
AT expressed my feelings exactly Cesare. Bravo!

barnburner
11-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Tremendous sketch Caesare... Impressive work. :)

Jasminek
11-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Very well done, I like the folds of his clothing.:D

Caesar
11-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Thank You, dear Kenmo! I may then submit my request to collaborate to a comics editor then ...:D

Thank You, dear Sandra! Do You mean Anna's comment on the drawing or on the guy look? :p

I like drawing figures for relaxing moments, dear Barnburner. It takes little time and it eventually seems You are facing a new friend ...:rolleyes::) Thank You!

Dear Jasmine, maybe I'm almost ready to enter the fashion world and design suits and dresses ...:D Thank You!

mannafig
11-12-2010, 11:09 AM
WOW a very striking male superb sketch dear Cesare:):) I think he just needs his damsel now;):p:D

Lima
11-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Ha! really nice Caesar.

screenpainter
11-12-2010, 05:31 PM
great work on this drawing. very talented to do without reference.

Caesar
11-12-2010, 10:46 PM
He's not a gladiator though, dear Amanda! :D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Oriane! It's not a finished and accurate work, but I think his expression fits his pose and attire.

Thank You, dear Albert! I think that, even independently from inheritability and environment (and I've really got a great one), a talent may grow easily enough when practising something You like. I always loved to grow a little one of mine in this genre.

damasocl
11-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Es una excelente pieza de arte, sobretodo al no tener una imagen de referencia.
Felicitaciones Caesar.

It's a great piece of art, especially not having a reference image.
Congratulations dear friend.

Caesar
11-13-2010, 04:46 AM
Thank You, dear Damaso!

Mike Severoff
11-13-2010, 05:03 AM
Yes, the man is very good.
Looks like a young Celentano in " Bingo Bongo". :)

Caesar
11-13-2010, 08:58 AM
LOL:D Celentano? Right, dear Mike, but this makes me rather think of a movie he made with Anthony Quinn I don't rember the title. Thank You for the laugh too ... ;):p I knew he was popular in Russia too, but I could hardly believe so much. By the way, You know that his old song Prisencolinascionalciuso (written with Italian orthography) is the first rap song ever (and in a language that doesn't exist)?;)