PDA

View Full Version : THE WEEK THAT WAS (Oct25-31) - An Invitation & Challenge...

L Skylar Brown
11-04-2010, 04:47 AM
TWTW...I want to start a THREAD SPECIFIC for reactions to the week just past. In other words, I would like EVERYONE who cares to, to post here an image that represents his/her impression of the week Ending Oct 31. If this is something interesting to you, please participate. You can submit an image you did for the week, or create something new. Just explain how it reflects your thoughts for the week. I would love a lot of participation, and if it takes off, maybe it could be a recurring thread.
My week was a Wreck of things just going in all directions. So here is my image...
I hope you participate!

mannafig
11-04-2010, 05:52 AM
A great idea dear Sky also a fab painting to go with it:):)

Peter Pinckney
11-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Hi Skylar........good idea..........I've had a common cold all week made worse by the fact that I can't take any medication for the symptoms due to having glaucoma................here's the virus that caused it:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::ma d::mad:

L Skylar Brown
11-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Amanda - Thanks! I'm looking fwd to your image(s)
Peter - That pretty little globe is giving you such trouble?! (Joking)
Marilyn has glaucoma, I sympathize completely.

barnburner
11-04-2010, 09:03 AM
This is a great idea Skylar.
I don't have any ideas at the moment, but will
contribute something along the way.
:)

Lima
11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Sky, nice idea. Here is my contribution:
Olympia and the game of seven errors. Try to find them:D:D:D

L Skylar Brown
11-04-2010, 02:44 PM
BB - No Rush. Just try to come up with something by Sunday. If not, I think I will start a new thread for this wk (Nov.1-7). You can also post your most satisfying piece of the wk, for instance.

Oriane - Funny!! The first thing I went to was the pair of panties!

Caesar
11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Dear Oriane, here my four as far as I remember the original painting: panties, bra, decorated pillow and handkerchief.
For the rest I should need some memory refreshing, but it would be to cheat ...

screenpainter
11-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I am guessing, the choker, the far bracelet or watch, the ring, the anklet, the slippers, the bra and the panties. :)

Caesar
11-04-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm with Albert except for the choker and slippers whilst the pillow and the handkerchief are probably OK (it is probably a wrong attempt or just a somehow different motive I remind). The smile is somehow different too.
Practically there's an uncited detail left. Which one? :confused:

steverino365
11-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Great idea Skylar:), Last week I was trying new things. Here is my poor attempt to depict a stone age man. I was inspired after trying the wild hair stickers.

For the game of seven errors - Is there supposed to be a kitten on the bottom of the bed??:confused:

L Skylar Brown
11-05-2010, 03:57 AM
Steverino - Very Cool look on the character. I've never tried the hair sticker.
As far as Olympia goes, didn't she wear a velvet choker - not a shoestring?! I'm pretty sure there was a kitten. I don't wanna look, either, at least not yet. This is fun!

GekkouJin
11-05-2010, 04:35 AM
Nice topic Skylar!
Due to short in time I didn't paint alot the last weeks, all my time go's to programming some webshops but from time to time I need to disstresssss and do some quick setups that I hope to finish later.
That week was a week of strength for me as some people wanted me down
so I said "NO" and pointed my spear to their heart followed by the words
"don't fool with me"

don't judge to hard on the painting, it is a quick setup for expressing my thought at that moment

justjean
11-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Last week was the pits :D, found out I may have to have another op on my eye to make them work in sync. and that I do not want.

L Skylar Brown
11-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Gekko - Outstanding! This is not a place for judging - just for venting, and such. Thanks for the Great Image. I Empathize!!

Jean - Sorry to hear about the eye. We deal with Marilyn's vision problems so much, that I am acutely aware. I hope all goes well.
That Is a Wonderful image of expressing your frustrations. Having just gone thru some more op's myself, I agree completely with not wanting more.

Jono
11-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Here’s my week!

My intention was to show how at the start of the week I had broad clear ideas. As the week progressed I became increasingly bogged down with 'stuff', until by Friday I was just a tangle. That was the general idea anyway! :D

Sorry to hear about everybody else's worries - it seems to be the norm at the moment. :(

For interest, the drop shadows were made by duplicating each layer and adjusting layer colors (set brightness and contrast to -100) then blurring the layer. (and yes, there are only six layers, Monday was just too awful :D)

coops
11-05-2010, 09:16 AM
These are all such great paintings and an insight too of what has been happening to folks.
Well I am on a weeks holiday and all I have been doing is dodging the rain. So here I am out in it:)

Lima
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Good:eek:work here.

Here is the key to the game of 7 errors. The original painting can be seen here (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=324055&posted=1#post324055).

screenpainter
11-05-2010, 11:40 AM
I will be happy to take 5 out of 7. :) about 70% right ha ha. that was fun.

L Skylar Brown
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Jono - Now that was a Nottie Week! (Don't even want to know about Monday!)
Coops - Living proof that even rain can become art.
Oriane - Lots of fun - I just got the underwear correct.
GZ - Showoff!

jibes
11-05-2010, 12:50 PM
My minds a blank but I'll think about it.

Jasminek
11-05-2010, 01:05 PM
I will do my best to come up with something, but being retired, sometimes all I have is same old things (not including Hubby!).

Excellent idea,:)

HarlequiNQB
11-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Last week was mostly doing Halloween based things with my Son. We went to a friends house, who always does a fantastic display outside - this is a speed paint based on one of the darker corners. Took about 35 minutes.

L Skylar Brown
11-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Jibes - I find it hard to believe your mind is ever blank! Maybe next week...
Jasmine - I'm "Retired", and there is hardly time in the day for me - Since I am familiar with all your prolific posts, I feel there is probably a little something of interest you could share. Maybe next week.
Harlequin - Fantastic Image. Thanks so much for sharing.

screenpainter
11-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Skylar this is a great idea for a thread. We should have a thread for this in art projects.
seems like a great idea to me to be able to post something you worked on during the week and maybe didn't have time to devote to major work.
One thing that is nice about having images in the same thread...it sure makes for easy viewing. I think sometimes I do stuff during the week but maybe don't feel like putting just my experiments in the main gallery so again I think this thread would be a great place to show a little sumpin' sumpin' we worked on during the week that was. here is one of my bombs...er I mean works of art for the week that was. :) :)

L Skylar Brown
11-07-2010, 05:23 AM
GZ - Thanks for posting the comment, and the Great image - Very painterly, in the grand Abstract traditions.
I have often thought we should have sub-categories. When I came up with this, it was after posting at Wet Canvas where ea forum does a weekly thing. This thread I would call a success.

(I will start a NEW THREAD SUNDAY for this wk - ending Saturday, Nov.6.

(How about starting a similar thread in Art Projects, also?!)

coops
11-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Boy what great paintings in this thread and so good to see you painting again dear Albert. Such a fabulous abstract.:)

L Skylar Brown
11-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Coops - Thanks for commenting! I agree, there are some great posts here. I think Next Week's Thread Will be even Better!