PDA

View Full Version : An imaginary speedy drawing

Caesar
10-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Just to test a new tablet on offer I bought (I've got two of them new now and one pretty old and with some problems I used this far).
Just pencil and final fill around .... Really few minutes. It feels the pressure pretty well, differently from my old one.

AT-TA
10-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Handsome guy, Caesar, so have a fun with the new tablet. :)

kenmo
10-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Came out quite well... What tablet did you purchase?

steverino365
10-29-2010, 01:04 PM
A great character!!!!:D:D

semd74
10-29-2010, 02:19 PM
i recently bought a new tablet myself...just have to get used to the new "feel"

screenpainter
10-29-2010, 08:34 PM
very nice charcoal grain. It seems to be working well!

Caesar
10-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Thank You, dear Anna. Tablets quality and features seem much more important then I thought. The more I can draw as I would naturally do on real, the fastest and the best the outcomes are delivered.

Dear Kenmo, I've got both a new Trust Model corresponding to the old one improved and thinned (I didn't use it so far but for few tries) a couple of months ago and this one which is a Silver Crest 2000 GTA on offer (they ar both cheap).
The difference is that the oldest one I've got since few years (a Trust TB3100) and I still mostly used this far and which is randomly malfunctioning, because of installation problems of the CD on the old PC where I use it, didn't perceive pressure effects with the pencil or chalk like this new one and doesn't work with the best resolution. It makes quite a difference! Thank You!

Dear Steve, I must say that characters generation by mere imagination is where I feel comfortable and I get easily and fast honestly good results, like in this case. Thank You!

Right, dear Semd74! This last one also has a wheel I may turn to either scroll or zoom up or down (and work on sound etc.) and a considerable number of programmable funtion all around. It allows also to have two different screen ratios. The pen, though, is a little bigger and heavier, even if ergonomic. Thank You!

Dear Albert, the pencil, as I use it, is quite good when tilted to give different wide tonal traits. It's better than chalk (which corresponds to charcoal on AR, more or less) for finer details and lines and less grainy finishing (with reference to low pressure chalk), but chalk is better to fill wider areas and darker tones I think. Thank You!

coops
10-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Great drawig Cesare and a face full of character:). Enjoy your new tablet:)

Caesar
10-30-2010, 01:58 AM
Thank You, dear Katie, even though I won't usually take the new tablet around with me (maybe the other slimline new one) and I may still have to use also the old one, thus You would still find some qualitative problem in many of my works whenever I cannot be precise enough or use a different pressure from my hand. In case I hope You'll forgive me for this. :(:p

Mairzie Dotes
10-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Dear Caesar,
You have just painterly imagined quite an interesting portrait.
Now if I were to continue imagining ... his stong features also
seem to elude possibly a man of music, song and maybe even
poetry because the expression, in particular the eyes evoke
a more intense vision of the world. Earthy but soulful he is.
A cracking good sketch! :)

Jasminek
10-30-2010, 03:38 AM
I like that grainy look.:)

barnburner
10-30-2010, 04:37 AM
Well done Caesar.. Hope your new tablet works out ok for you. :)

Caesar
10-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Dear Mair, I'm much admired of Your description of this guy by just analysing his expression and physionomy! You depicted him in a couple of words better than I can ever do with a pencil. Thank You!
You also compelled me to look at him again, since there was something impalpable about his appearance that was whispering in my mind, especially when I started this drawing. ... and now, finally, because of You suggestion, I recognised him! He's a singer and musician, not famous as his most successful cousin, the poor Freddie Mercury! :rolleyes::eek::D:D

Me too, dear Jasmine. It's the fine grain paper. Thank You!

Dear Barnburner, it seems it was a bargain indeed at less than 60 .
Apart from the buttons, the many programmable functions, the wheel to scroll, zoom, sound control etc. and the two sizes screen compatibility, I have to check on the manual, but it looks like it's a scanner too and warranty at three years. It's not a known brand, Silvercrest, since it's sold in the LIDL supermarket chain we have all over Europe.
Thank You!