PDA

View Full Version : Cala Gonone - Sardinia - Italy (two versions)

Caesar
10-22-2010, 02:22 AM
This landscape from a reference was made with pastels and the little blending they allow, on one layer.
The place is just marvellous, as many others in Sardinia. I just wonder whether a couple of human figures for providing proportions hint would be better ...

Panaslonix
10-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Summer.....summer....

I like colours that you used here and the composition is very good!!! :)

Jasminek
10-22-2010, 03:45 AM
Love those rocks Caesar. I used to have a friend with the last name Sardina which he explained that his ancestors were from Sardinia, Italy.

I like figures myself as you have seen in my paintings, without them I feel too isolated but the propotions are fine here with the rocks, IMO.:)

barnburner
10-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Caesar, I LOVE this one! Wonderful colors.. great composition.

I think you are right - possibly adding a person or two, or, perhaps just a beached canoe with footprints leading inland?

:):)

Mike Severoff
10-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Very beautiful sea!

AT-TA
10-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Caesar, i remember the emerald colors of the water on italian beaches and i never seen the prettier ones since.... and your water here is just like i remember it.... gorgeous. I think the spacey beach here calls for pretty dumsels under the parazolls... because you know how to draw them so well...

Very pretty, one can feel the warmth of this gorgeous place ...Beautiful work as usually.:)

steverino365
10-22-2010, 12:11 PM
It is just right the way it is :D Wish I was there :(

Khalid_ipda
10-22-2010, 12:22 PM
This is a beautiful landscape painting, dear Caesar. Very good..:D:D:D

justjean
10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
A lovely painting of a lovely landscape :)

Caesar
10-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Dear Panaslonix, I just used the real colors nature provided, at least the ones the camera could fix. So I thank You, but I just made the service to transpose what I actually saw and my merits are just to draw and pick colors without any recourse to tracing or assisted color picking or any other non manual or virtual tool help from AR.

Thank You, dear Jasmine! I just hope Your friend was aware whence he or she came, because Sardini and Italy are really unique in quite a lot of aspects.
I think that, according to Your and several other mate's opinion so as how to improve it, I'm going to add soon some tiny figures then (because that would be thir size here) ...

I got it, dear Barnburner! Let's not leave this nice bay unattended then. :p Thank You!

Thank You, dear Mike, alsom on behalf of Sardinia!:D

Dear Anna, damsels here will appear, but to tiny to decide whether they're suntanning more or less scantily dressed. :D I'm glad You remind something of Your Mediterranean baths and I would add also the advantage that water is also not as cold as in the Ocean or in Northern European beaches and You may be swimming or floating for hours ...:)

Thank you, dear Steve! Why not be there next summer there ... Don't You have any even far relative or good friend overseas and here in Italy in particular You may pay a visit as an excuse?:p:D

Glad You like it, dear Kahlid! In a natural landscape Your appreciation is like to get an Oscar!:p

... and a A lovely comment, dear Jean! Thank You!

coops
10-23-2010, 04:37 AM
What a wonderful place to go running into the water. Looks warm and inviting. Nice work again Cesare:)

Caesar
10-23-2010, 06:59 AM
I bet we would have a very hard time trying to get getting You out of the water should You ever be there, dear Katie, since You're also a swimming champ.:D Thank You!

pat1940
10-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Lovely painting Caesar, the use of colors on the rocks are so nice to look at;);):)

ScottF
10-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Beuatiful landscape, Caesar! It´s interesting how you´ve used color to suggest the transluscence of the shoreline breaking waves.

Lima
10-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Intensely:eek::eek::eek: beautiful. What colors huh?

Caesar, I'm sorry but I would remove the black frame.:o

Caesar
10-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Thank You, dear Pat! I used only one setting for the pastels, so it did not mix, rather simply covered the previous layer nor could I add grain texture. Therefore I had to chose the right and lively color mix (not to get dull greys poorly simulating the real view).

Thank You, dear Scott! Actually that was the hardest part to get by colored signs!

Thank You, dear Oriane! Here it is the frameless version again!

jibes
10-23-2010, 05:56 PM
I like it very much and without the black frame. If you think the scale is not represented here then figures might help but as a scene it's quite nice as it stands.

Caesar
10-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Thank You, dear Jibes! I'll add the figures soon. I just forgot. Tomorrow or Monday maybe!

mannafig
10-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Very lovely scene dear Cesare:):)

Caesar
10-26-2010, 01:42 AM
A cheap way to compensate for the days getting shorter, dear Amanda ...:p Thank You!