PDA

View Full Version : Genova - Genoa

Caesar
10-20-2010, 02:14 AM
Thick oil on one layer. Loose use of a reference picture.

justjean
10-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Wonderful energy and power of the sea in this lovely painting :)

Alexandra
10-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Vibrant energetic beauty Cesare. Love it!:):):):):):):):)

Mike Severoff
10-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Great job!
While I personally see nothing wrong in drawing in several layers :)
I envy you for this landscape in your real life :)

AT-TA
10-20-2010, 04:19 AM
This is a gem Caesar! It has everything what makes the magnetic picture: right composition, interesting colors and atmosphere.... one can look for hours...congratulation !!!!

L Skylar Brown
10-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Marvelous! I love the light!

barnburner
10-20-2010, 04:51 AM
While I don't know enough about art to tell you why - I really like this one Caesar! :)
Obviously very well done.

ScottF
10-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Visually stunning, Caesar! Great colors and brush work! Of course, it doesn´t hurt to have such natural beauty as a starting point. :cool:

Lee
10-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Dear Caesar, agree! don't know why, just love it! the whole painting is alive and joyful! warm and sunny and fresh air and welcoming, what's not to love!!!:)

coops
10-20-2010, 08:59 AM
I agree with what everyone has said Cesare, this is a wonderful, vibrant and energetic painting. To me its one of your best.:)

Jasminek
10-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Lovely scene.:)

JOSEPHINE.EARP
10-20-2010, 10:26 AM
All I can say is WOW WOW. Best wishes Jo xxx

Caesar
10-20-2010, 10:33 AM
This was a first attempt with thick oil paint rather than impasto with direct mix on the canvas.
I had some problems with the cerulean blue and white. When I used the blending knife the cerulean tended to disappear and get progressively white. Maybe it was a bug, I didn't understand. The same applies to paint grain appearing somewhere, mostly in the sky and impossible to smooth.

Dear Jean, the energy You see depends both from my direct approach to this thick paint experiment (pick a color-brush stroke, check, dry on/ off as appropriate), to keep a fresh, impressionistic quality and to the struggle I had to work without thinned paint or multi-level for subtle glazes etc. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Sandra! It's just like I would like to be again, in a way .... :rolleyes:

Thank You, dear Mike! I used one layer only to blend while painting, here and there, or use dry mode and knife in case. Not using thinned transparent tones, different layers could only be useful to separate the close, mid and far fields. Moreover I tried to keep it as luminous and vivid as possible.

Dear Anna, I'm so glad You enjoyed it so wonderfully! Thank You very much!

Thank You very much, dear Skylar! Actually the light and the feeling of breeze are the essence in this view.

Dear Barnburner, it's a mystery for me too, since I didn't follow any specific academic style or approach. It's the magic of painting and enjoying some happy accident to exploit ... Thank You!

Dear Scott, I must confess that, living in Italy, I'm like those runners enjoying a favourable wind and have time record advantages when I paint. Thank You!

Dear Lee, I would like to be able to convey always to the mates in here and to everybody the positive feelings and the pleasure You tell You've got from this. I just humbly and gratefully think how infinitely more we get from our Holy Father evereryday and give for granted without any praise ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! You made me think it would be so interesting to have one of Your wonderful dancers moving under the harder and warmer Mediterranean lights! It would probably be a very passionate and vital type of dance ... and she would need a sun lotion to protect her skin.:D

Thank You, dear Jasmine! Seascapes may often be as much and even more enchanting in seasons other than summer here around.

I just read Your comment, dear Jo! Thank You so much!

pat1940
10-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Wow Caesar, this painting has so much energy in it, It seem to put energy in me when I looked at it, I really like this a lot;);););););):):):):):)

kenmo
10-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Truly amazing... love your choice of hues, the lighting and especially the textures & brush strokes.....

alkratzer
10-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Stunningly good Caesar! One of my favorites!!

Caesar
10-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Thank You, dear Pat! I'm glad for Your kind comment! Better for my paintings to be like a tonic treatment than like a purgative! :D

Dear Kenmo, You're always so kindly supportive and encouraging ... Thank You!

Nice to have You back, dear Al, and thank You very much for Your most positive comment!

TOM!
10-21-2010, 03:28 AM
Beautiful lights, cold colors and a diagonal perspective.I like it.

coops
10-21-2010, 08:21 AM
I agree Cesare that would be a fine thing to paint:)

mannafig
10-21-2010, 09:09 AM
I love the whole thing dear Cesare it works beautifully:):)

Caesar
10-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Thank You, dear Tom! I should honestly share the merits of the composition with the reference picture author, since many composition and positive features were painterly interpretated, but already there!

... do You need some references for a building such an unusual stage for Your dancer, dear Katie? :)

Thank You, dear Amanda. This is just one of picturesque corners of the town Genoa, once a most powerful and rich Sea Republic in the Mediterranean, not in the centre or by its harbour. It's therefore an humble place, but it's charming to think that You when You get out from one of those houses on the beach there's the sea, the breezes and the crags to greet You ...

Lima
10-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Dear friend of Caesar, we look at this painting and feel all the energy you put into it. A beauty. The strong and elegant Chromaticity, the bexploding lues as opposed to oranges and reds, the movement of the sea, the observatory, the clouds in the sky expressed in curvilinear motion ... sensational. A great work of art. Um abraço caro amigo.

coops
10-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Well Cesare I havent really done much artwork with buildings or stairs but I think it would be a very interesting thing to try.:)

Caesar
10-23-2010, 06:40 AM
That's probably the energy I used to have, dear Oriane, when I was in better shape. :) I still kept my little patrimony enthusiasm and creativity though and that's good enough. Retorno o abraço meu caro amigo! :)

You've got so many interesting house architectures in UK too that I would certainly be delighted by Your paintings on that genre too, dear Katie.
Consider that I'm a fan of Lilliput Lane miniatures, even if I cannot afford also a real collection of that kind of little marvels.
Thank You!