PDA

View Full Version : A most famous Texas Ranger

Caesar
10-16-2010, 02:44 AM
... not the one the majority of You would think to though ...:D
To celebrate the nr. 600 of Tex Willer, an Italian legendary comics and character issued monthly and successful going on since the last 62 years!
He fights with his son and pards for justice anywhere and against any kind of criminal and danger, sometimes mysterious kinds of threats. He's a widow of the killed Indian daughter of a passed away Navajo chief. He actually is also the most respected Navajos chief with the name of Night Eagle (Aquila della Notte).
A tribute also to his glorious creator and editor Bonelli, no more with us, who created also many other successful comics characters and a company which is still supporting our kids and grown people fantasy ....

AT-TA
10-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Wonderfull drawing of a handsome guy, sorry, never heard a peep about him before .....:)

Caesar
10-16-2010, 04:05 AM
It's not a problem to provide You with such an information, dear Anna. Thank You and here's a site in English about this character.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tex_Willer

If our comics drawer and comics were created in English and sold starting in U.S. I bet that a great deal of them would be much more famous around the world, not only the artistic top quality ones such as Crepax, Hugo Pratt, Milo Manara, Eleutieri Serpieri etc. (comics experts know them pretty well).
Moreover, here in Italy, also the Walt Disney comics were made since ever in Milan not by a subsidiary, but by the Arnoldo Mondadory Editori in a substantially independent and autonomous produuction line. They were so successful they introduced new styles and quite a number of brand new most renown characters in here and this comics is still the number one for kids after so many decades ...

coops
10-16-2010, 04:09 AM
Thats a very well painted portrait Cesare. Well done:)

mannafig
10-16-2010, 04:38 AM
Nice portrait dear Cesare good strong jawline to;):D:):)

Caesar
10-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Thank You, dear Katie and Amanda! You seem to have recently sinchronised Your replies so I have now the pleasure to read the comments of two nice friends and damsels from Britannia at the same time! :p

Jasminek
10-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Like it.:)

Caesar
10-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Thank You, dear Jasmine!

Lee
10-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Dear Caesar, love it! first thought it was a cartoon then read your excellet story that is truely is a cartoon comic character, loved the story about him, very interesting,, and not to mention he looks like the photo in your avatar;), :)

Caesar
10-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Thank You dear Lee!
It's certainly a character very similar to how I would like to be in a way ... but I never was neither a Ranger nor an indian chief (and not even much similar to how he appears in the drawings of the various illustrators he had and has).
To know more of this glorious comics (unfortunately published in many countries, but never regularly published in US though), I would invite You to shortly to read about it also in English Wikipedia at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tex_Willer

pat1940
10-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Very nice Caesar, Im sure you have done him justice, great work;);):)

Lee
10-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Dear Caesar, did read the Wiki story, thank you and so interesting, very modern for it's time, similar to our Lone Ranger in viewpoint,:)

Caesar
10-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Thank You, dear Pat! Since he's not a real person, he cannot complain on my portrait ....:D

Right, dear Lee! Keen parallel with Lone Ranger also if I know very little oof him. What is for sure is that he's nothing to do with the so called Spaghetti (Italian) Western by Sergio Leone (those with Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Clift etc.), since he was born sensibly before ...

byroncallas
11-26-2014, 07:40 PM
How is Tex doing these days?

Caesar
11-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Hi, dear Byron! Tex Willer is still alive and being regularly issued on our kiosks, a real everlasting veteran by Bonelli editor company! It's the only comix I kept buying and reading, apart some reviewing my second son's preferred ones (except japanese or japanese-like ones with unlikely weird characters).

Mike Martin
11-27-2014, 02:40 AM
Looks like he's getting ready to give the famous "Smile when you say that . . ." line. Good job.

byroncallas
11-27-2014, 02:40 AM
I'm happy to hear he is alive and well. :)

kenmo
11-27-2014, 03:17 AM
Ceaser...love your tribute to this comic book hero...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
11-27-2014, 04:28 PM
"Holy Moly" Caesar.... Where did this blast from the past come from? 'I think I'm safe with a late reply....I wasn't here!....I would have replied to it if I'd been a member three years ago! Anyway, I grew upreading comic books...The Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy and all the rest.....then I discovered SCI FI, changed me forever!
Good Stuff Caesar....Take care,
Steve

D Akey
11-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Return with us now, to those thrilling days of yesteryear. . . The Lone Ranger rides again!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile back at Spaghetti Canyon. . . "Mama Mia! You clear outta my restaurant, you Corleones trying to corner the action on gambling, whoring and cattle rustling in-a my joint. . . I say for a fist-a-ful o' dollars, and maybe a few dollars more, you clear out o' my shop by high noons or I call-a in the Lone Ranger on youse-a meatballs. . . nothing but-a wise guys anymore in the wild-a west. . . now vamoose or I pull out-a my antipasta and let ya have it in the peperoncino. . ."

Leftover hash again. . . . Gotta love late night TV. . . and old threads of older cowboy ex-pats comics. . .

Caesar
11-29-2014, 12:13 AM
Dear Mike, he's a old type of positive character (his 1st issue was in 1948, sensibly older than me) and it's a champion of comics longevity, since it's still issued monthly by the same editor and without all the changes of environment, psychology and mood redisign and atmospheres other long lasting comics characters abroad, typically in US, had to stand. He and his pards know what's right and what's wrong, substancial justice I mean, they behave rudely or even kill when they really have to to defend themselves and people who are victim of violence and abuses by powerful men or criminal, including indians, he's also a white Navajo Chief having married a chief's daughter who unfortunately died too soon. They're fearless, self-confident and they also have a fine sense of humor. So it looks like we succeeded not only with the spaghetti western of sergio Leone, but also with a spaghetti comics. Thank You!

It's been my train travel mate for quite many years in my youth and I still relax reading it, dear Kenmo. Thank You!

Dear Steve, it looks like we had the same passions, if we include also super-hero comics as well as Lonely Tunes, Hanna & Barbera and other 60ies and 70ies cartoons You certainly know, since they were mostly from US. Thank You!

Dear D Akey, You made me remind that the first time I went to a movie with the original language/ soundtrack (no dubbing) with typical western cowboys slang and prononciation, i.e. Silverado, I had a little shock and wondered if I had completely lost grip on English! This guy though isn't lonely though and the bad guys over there and in the XIX century had not do do with mafia as yet. So, curiously enough, it's just an ol' time Texas ranger and hero, not in a too rigid WASP way, but still in a sort of credible sham way (being an Italian creation), just like the Spaghetti Western movies of Sergio Leone You somehow seem to cite. Maybe because US was a main reference and dreamy place after the II World War, because we had a good idea of cow-boys job with our butteri from Maremma, maybe because we used to be a little xenophilus ... but our fantasy could hardly be restrained to local backyard then. Thank You!