View Full Version : Sir Norman Wisdom

mannafig
10-13-2010, 01:28 AM
I loving memory of a very funny man.

Pencil tool and Palette knife. then Airbrush and stencil for background

I hope you like it.:):)

coops
10-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Thats a brilliant portrait of a brilliantly funny man who will be missed:)Well done Amanda

pat1940
10-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Wonderful portrait Amanda, so well done, have been away and just checked out your paintings I missed, so wonderful, glad to be home so I can get back to painting and see all the great work;););):D:D:D

Alexandra
10-13-2010, 03:49 AM
This is wonderful pencil work Amanda. I don't know this character but your drawing is so charming and wonderfully done!:):):):):)

Caesar
10-13-2010, 04:38 AM
I don't know him, but he does look more crazyness than wisdom! :p I'm sure he was as funny as You describe him and Your wonderful portrait's expression is quite eloquent thereabout!;):):):):):)

jonwood
10-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Very nice indeed, you have captured the essence of a very funny man..:D

Khalid_ipda
10-13-2010, 04:52 AM
great...nice strokes with pencils. Very nice.:D:D:D

Jasminek
10-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Great pencil portrait indeed.:)

barnburner
10-13-2010, 08:06 AM
I was not familiar with his work, but, thanks to Google, I now know more than I did.
Absolutely great job Amanda! Well done.:)

Lima
10-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Just wonderful:eek: Manna.

mannafig
10-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Indeed he will dear Katie. I am pleased you enjoyed this drawing:):)

Thank you dear Pat I really appreciate it:):)

Such a shame dear Sandra. but I am so pleased you like it:):)

He was pure genius dear Cesare it is a shame you don't know of him.
Thank you for the lovely comment:):)

Thank you dear Jon that means a lot:):)

Thank you Khalid:):)

Jasmine thank you very much:):)

I am so pleased you took the time to find out a little about him dear Barn.
thank you so much:):)

Thank you very kindly dear Oriane:):)

Caesar
10-14-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry too to have learned of him only now, but, unfortunately, worldwide success required both English language and Hollywood at those times.
Mr. Wisdom (I read his biography) enjoyed at least the diffusion of English language and the British Commonwealth market.
We also had a similar case in Italy with the great (for us) TotÚ, alias prince Antonio de Curtis, a neapolitan comic actor, comedian, poet, song writer who showed to be also a great dramatic actor at the end of his life, when he was free from too commercial movies obligations. He could be compared with the best and most famous comic characters, such as Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy.

screenpainter
10-14-2010, 10:08 AM
beautifully done portrait of him Amanda. super work. love the use of textures you employed in this one. great!

mannafig
10-16-2010, 04:53 AM
Dear Cesare I guess this happens a lot when there is a language barrier to cross which is a great shame when you consider all the talented people that are out there.

Thank you dear GZ you are very kind:):)