PDA

View Full Version : starter's Olympia

eighty+
10-10-2010, 08:10 AM
just a fun sketch to get the feeling of Olympia :eek::eek::eek: :mad::mad::mad: :D:D:D

AT-TA
10-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh my god..hahahaha... what is going on here... can we have a full story, Eighty? Please.

eighty+
10-10-2010, 10:31 AM
sorry AT-TA that was just to force me to start , I've just done a starter for Olympia as you can see ok :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:----E/S

Lima
10-10-2010, 12:46 PM
E+, without any irony, in my humble opinion, I like ten times more the first image than the second one. That image portrays all of your skills at playing with words associated with an image, it was a joke:D:D:D. Fantastic.

eighty+
10-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Doc I think your a bit of a cheekie chappie :D:D:D

eighty+
10-11-2010, 01:21 AM
may leave as a sketch, as i've slumped her a bit, plus put her feet at the r/hand edge which would enable me to show her arm and more of the pillow, possibly move the other girl on a new sketch , any thought's on this ??? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D------E/S

eighty+
10-11-2010, 07:06 AM
thought i give some colour just to see what it would like :D:D:D:D:D:D:D------E/S

Caesar
10-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Edouart Manet's Olympia! Quite challenging!
Manet was one of the greatest ever in my modest opinion. He was with the impressionists, but he preceded them and was also a perfectly academically educated painter.
He invented a sort of painting by flat areas, a little like the macchiaioli and he was able to use masterfully the black paint (differently from all the impressionists and the great majority of painters therefrom). As curious and anti-conventional nowadays as it may be, I think that use of black in paintings can still be appropriate and is the most difficult of the hues and tones application skills since it has to trated with great wisdom; this is, in my opinion, one of the unsaid reasons why it's now rarely used rather than because it would tone down, make dully greysh mixes or destroy shadows, shades or dark tones etc.
As a matter of fact I notice that color printers still use black cartridges too and You can see its importance by just print with or without black.

eighty+
10-11-2010, 10:34 AM
still a lot to do :D:D:D:D:D:D:D-----E/S

eighty+
10-12-2010, 03:11 AM
just see another pic; colours are diff; might change some??? girl,s face couldn't see so put in what i thought look ok :D:D:D:D:D:D:D---E/S