PDA

View Full Version : All 'e Same t'e Pakeha

Caesar
10-08-2010, 02:59 AM
... since our beloved octogenarian friend (80+) made us discover this artist too, I thought a good copy exercise would have been a good practice. I mostly used the felt pen, but not only.
No glazes here neither ....:( I discovered I could do it reasonably well with just a background layer and a main layer for the figure.
I stopped it here since I didn't want to go on and pedantically to improve it furtherly on tones and hues ...
Since I used a poor monitor, I hope the outcome is as honestly good as it appears to me. I'll discover it this evening ...

eighty+
10-08-2010, 04:06 AM
terrific Caesar I don't know how you can do them so quick the mind boggels at least they will know who C.F Goldie is know yeah man
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

Caesar
10-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Well, I find copying is much easier than do them by mere imagination, dear ATPlus, even if I don't do it too much.
Thank You for the flattering compliments anyway!
I also just discovered that felt pen, as well as watercolor and roller at specific settings, are really powerful and all You really need for works like this You can obviously improve it with glazes and or airspray and anything else ou wish, but all the guts are already in the cited combination of tools.
BTW (or by the way), I just added a missing button on his waist coat ....;):D

coops
10-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Wow Cesare thats truly a great face and one that you have painted so very well. So much that face could tell:)

Jasminek
10-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Caesar your speed cna earn you a "Flashy man" which could mean a few things!!!:D The confidence you have made this painting a delight to the eyes, happy painting dear Caesa.:)

Lima
10-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I didn't want to go on and pedantically to Improve It tones and hues furtherly on ... No, you do not need, you have reached perfection:eek: in this picture, in color, tone, and intensity ... Congratulations.

AT-TA
10-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Yes, eighty,I've seen his work, here on the web, and thanks for bringing him to our attention.

Your copy,Caesare, is gorgeous, happy fellow he was, when the pic of him got painted...i find him very handsome and full of character...wish he wouldn't smear his face so badly... but obviously he liked to do that to make him even more handsome...i guess.
You've done a wonderfull job on him, on the back and on his cloth also, not speaking of the happy face. I think i will do some of his girls... i do not know why i love painting women so much, because i like men also.... my muse must know i will ask her...when she comes to me... why is that... ;)

Thanks for the inspiration, guys.

Alexandra
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Fantastic Cesare!

steverino365
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Most excellent!!!:D

barnburner
10-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Great job Caesare. Really well done. :)

justjean
10-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Caesar, I think everything about this painting is wonderful, love the shading, paint strokes, colouring . So just leave it alone

.................please :D

Mike Severoff
10-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Yes, all left very much even well. Very stylishly

Caesar
10-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Provided we can understand his language, dear Katie! :D I would be listening with pleasure though and communicate even wordlessly with gestures, expressions and sight. He seems to be a very nice and joyful guy and, as simple and humble as he may look, still he appears full of nobility and dignity. Thank You!

Dear Jasmine, getting old has also its own advantages, so I can be more speedy and confident on certain activities while less, but more considerate and ponderate, on others, thus keeping an acceptable new balance point and target more quality ...:D:D Thank You very much!

Thank You very much for Your warm appreciation, dear Oriane! I was just afraid that my direct mixing on the canvas without keeping track of the colors I got or picking them to give some more homogeneity and finished look, may not give to a copy of a classical style painting like this a faithful enough interpretation ...

Thank You, dear Anna! I'm happy You'll try too to get inspiration from this painter and I've got high expectations on Your outcomes! I cannot answer Your artistic doubt though, since I still have a quite unbalanced passion between women and men. Maybe when I'll be more ready to consider going to Heaven (provided they would leave me in:D), where everybody knows gender and sex is not an issue ...:D:D

After this demanding portrait (hard to guess the face under those black tattoes), I could possibly consider another ethnical challenge and paint, say, ... a Cherokee, dear Sandra. :D:p Thank You!

Dear Steve, thank You so much!

Hi, dear BB! Glad You're back, ... on the crime scene ...:D Thank You!

Could I ever resist to a gentle lady's request, dear Jean? :D I'll leave it alone.
Thank You!

Dear Mike, thank You very much for Your positive comment!

mannafig
10-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Fantastic Cesare:):)

Caesar
10-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Thank You, dear Amanda!:)

coops
10-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Yes Cesare dignified is the right word for this painting of this exceptional gentleman:)

screenpainter
10-09-2010, 10:04 AM
You did a remarkable job on this. I think you captured the original and made it your own. A lot of detail to capture and you did it well.

Evart
10-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Very interesting piece Caesar, looks like a native american guy I seen on you tube, alone with the song of an Indian chant. Awesome job!

Caesar
10-10-2010, 10:55 PM
It really is, dear Katie, but apparently not in a stiff and vainglorious sense, as it appence to "pseudo-civilized", pretentious, powerful people, rather in a warmly wise and human way ....:rolleyes: Thank You!

Actually I couldn't do it any different than re-interpret it to some extent, dear Albert. I've got no patience to go on full days or weeks on a painting, or to follow a complex or long procedure to produce a perfect copy ... Thank You!

I had the same impression too, dear Evart, not referred only to native North American, but to natives of quite a number of places where the modern world is all around, but not really "in". In fact he's not a native American, but rather a Maori or some other Pacific Ocean tribe living in New Zealand or in the archipelagi of Oceania ... Thank You!