PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn, A Candle In The Wind (Demo Video)

L Skylar Brown
10-07-2010, 04:04 PM
This is the final frame of my painting Demo. From sketch to finished image, a Music Video and Tutorial. Probably the Most Complicated one I have done so far. There are 80 Frames. Set to the Song by Elton John.
I just finished, and it is available to view on YouTube. I am so thrilled with this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLGZfaMLv-0

Caesar
10-07-2010, 08:02 PM
This portrait is just marvellous. :):):):):)
In my view it was a pity that Elton John evicted Marylin Monroe from the song he dedicated to her and which was perfectly fitting the universal feeling about her beauty, talent and sad story to then recycle it for Princess Diana ....:( He'd better think to a bran new one rather, no matter if it would have come to late to surf on emotions and commercial opportunities.

Alexandra
10-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Beautiful Skylar. You know, I read some interesting things about her life. I never thought she committed suicide. She had just signed a contract to do the movie "Move Over Darling" and was going to get millions for it. Anyway, beautiful portrait!

jonwood
10-08-2010, 05:57 AM
I think this is a beautiful portrait.....I enjoyed the video and liked the way you started with the background which eventually gave the head shape ....great:)

Peter Pinckney
10-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Utterly her! Great painting Skylar!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

coops
10-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Absolutely stunning Skylar, her eyes just pull you right in. You have captured that innocent look that she had too. Its beautiful.:) Thanks for sharing the demo too its great

Jasminek
10-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Always have empathy for her life, she seemed to be so lonely. This paintings is very good portrait of hers, she would have been happy to see this painting.:)

L Skylar Brown
10-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Caesar, Sandy, Jon, Peter, Coops, Jasmine -
Thank you all for the great comments.
I was so pleased with this because I achieved what I was after - a soft, not traditional image of her. I focused on her eyes, and the look in them that reveals her soul. As a result, her famous lips are minimized - something pointed out at Wet Canvas as being a mistake. They totally missed what I was doing.

mannafig
10-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Beautiful and stunning in every way. Her eyes say so much.:):)

L Skylar Brown
10-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Amanda - Thank you for your warm words. I am happy that it pleases you. I loved doing this one. (I have been a little obsessed with her most of my life)

justjean
10-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Beautiful, such sadness and yearning in those eyes

screenpainter
10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
beautiful portrait Skylar! the demo video was a kick to watch as well.

hanzz
10-11-2010, 08:54 PM
that's a really great one !

Martha Weatherall
10-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Words leave me speechless as to the incredible beauty of this and the equally incredible talent displayed here.

Evart
10-12-2010, 09:45 AM
A dramatic look for Norma Jean. Outstanding work!

L Skylar Brown
10-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Thank you all !! So much!
Jean - I'm glad you see what I was going for.
GZ - The Vid was a Kick to do. It is labor-intensive, but worth it.
Hanzz - Thanks, very much!
Martha - Thank you. I am flattered, and humbled.
Ev - Thank you. She is eternal.

pat1940
10-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Skylar, I dont have time right now to watch your video but I will, I just wanted to make a comment on your beautiful portrait of Marilyn, it is the best that I have seen, you have captured her true beauty as a person, her eyes show the saddness that she suffered within herself that many artist did not capture, this painting shows the softness of her heart, and her Natural Beauty......very well done:):):):):););););)

L Skylar Brown
10-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Pat - Thank you. I have to admit that I am more than pleased with the way this came out.

steverino365
10-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Such a soft touch! Beautiful painting!!!!:D:D:D

Martha Weatherall
10-15-2010, 03:48 AM
This is amazing! Your art is so beautiful and your technique is also. I love to look at your work!

L Skylar Brown
10-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Steverino - Thanks so much for commenting on the softness. This is how I see her in my mind's eye.
Martha - Thank you, dear lady! I strive to outdo myself. I think the Process is endless, and full of discovery.