PDA

View Full Version : Carnevale & Halloween

Caesar
10-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Here I finally solve the mystery of this thrilling WIP (at least for those who didn't pay attention or know as little Italian as to undestand the attachment title La Bella e la Bestia, i.e (the) Belle and (the) Beast)
This tale is obviously a very famous one, but I didn't follow the script perfectly.:p
The difference is that the place where they are is Venice, close to Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace) and this most picturesque and quite ancient Carnevale (Carnival) tradition, is becoming a sort of Halloween for Belle at the first meeting with the Beast
These are problems posibly arising with chat lines friendships ....:D

As for the technique: oils, all free-hand, mostly imaginary with a couple of references used as an indication for the male figure attire and for the Doge's Palace ...

mannafig
10-07-2010, 12:33 AM
I love it Cesare is also one of my favorite stories:):)

AT-TA
10-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Wowww This is such a magnetic painting... colorfull, interestgrabbing and soooo pretty.... beast is quite handsome in that kind of historical outfit and the lady.... caesarishly pretty....i love this....would make wonderfull illustration in the book. Want more Caesar...please... you are such a good illustrator-storyteller and produce such wonderfull drawings....:)

Alexandra
10-07-2010, 01:28 AM
So beautiful Cesare. I do hope you illustrate some day. You have it!:)

Caesar
10-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Thank You, dear Amanda. A good tale inviting us all to watch behind the surface of a person and a great indication of the best behaviour and attitude for ugly guys on how much charm can be spread independently from the look and how they can change other people's perception too.

Dear Anna, I appreciate very much Your compliments, but I'm afraid I miss the patience, accuracy and, even more, the skills and talents of really great illustrators like our dear Nickillus, Boxy, etc. It's a genre I like, so I can probably fulfill Your kind request also in the future.
I understood why You possibly find beast almost handsome. Looking better, he vaguely reminds me of Shrek's face (an unintentional accident in case). Thank You!

I do hope too, dear Sandra, but I should at least develop a good enough personal style and better expertise, processes and be much more diligent in my paintings. Thank You!

Jasminek
10-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Beautiful and the story is one of my favorite. However if you ask my husband between him and me, who is the beast, he will tell you that he IS THE BEAUTY!!!:D

justjean
10-07-2010, 02:03 PM
A wonderful finish to a wonderful tale Caesar, I know almost no italian but when I seen what the painting was saved as ... La Bella and la Bestia ... Bella being beautiful or thereabouts I thought it was going to be the Beauty and the Beast :D

GekkouJin
10-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Nice painting!
sometimes we have to break the rules and follow are own thoughts/scripts

Caesar
10-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm sure Your husband is the beauty, dear Jasmine, but I'm sure he feels as if he became so after You selected and married him, like in the tale, so there's no more any beast character! :p Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jean. You're right, the title was not that cryptic, was it? Bella is practically like the corresponding French Belle, beautiful for feminine words, and Bestia is not that different from English Beast, French BÍte, and identical to the Spanish Bestia and finally to Latin Bestia, Bestiae (genitive), which is our Latin languages common mom as well as for English words too to a considerable extent ...

Thank You, dear Gekko! :) I often do as You suggest ...:D

coops
10-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Great painting Cesare with a lot of detail too. I had a dream last night and now I know from where it came as I looked in earlier in that evening and did look at this one. Well done Cesare:)

Caesar
10-08-2010, 09:19 PM
I hope it was a nice dream and not a nightmare, dear Katie ....;):p
Thank You very much for Your most positive opinion on this! :)

Mike Severoff
10-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Caesar, it is excellent! Simply perfectly!
All has turned out, I think

Caesar
10-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Thank You, dear Mike! Maybe I could go further on with minor improvement here and there, but this is close to my present limits, since I painted it with just four layers (not even clearly separated as function) and imaginary to a considerable extent. :)

jonwood
10-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Great painting Caesar, I like it very much...the only place I have been to in Italy and that is Venice..and I've been to the Doge's Palace....but thats not me in the picture....:D

screenpainter
10-09-2010, 09:59 AM
wonderful graphic illustration Cesare. You have beautifully illustrated this tale. And whom is the lady used as muse this time?

Caesar
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM
... at least not as You look now that Youve been set free from the horrible spell, dear Jon ....:D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Albert! The two characters in here are fully imaginary unfortunately (with reference to the lady at least).:D Muses were engaged somewhere else, probably with some other AR mate, when I was painting this ...:p