PDA

View Full Version : The Young Wizard

Alexandra
10-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Haha, had to make a party date for the witch! Hope you get a kick out of this one.:D

coops
10-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Nice painting Sandra:)

Alexandra
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Thank you Katie!

AT-TA
10-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Love the background here, Sandy... nice, fluffy. Yes, and there's a place on the broom still... for she witch...:)

SCP
10-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Great fun Sandy,that broom looks like a high end Broom!You have been very busy painting,good for you!;):):):)

Alexandra
10-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks AT. :) I felt the same way. Later I will have to draw her on the back.:)

Yes indeed Scott, this one was a bit on the expensive side. I am thinking Honda or Husqvarna broom. haha! Yeah, I am trying to work on drawing figures as this has been a weak point with me. Every morning early I try to do a picture. I am feeling more confident now working with layers and anatomy. Practice is good and very good for my stress level.:eek:;):D (and, I am totally in love with the crayon on cell!)

Caesar
10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Dear Sandra, I guess this guy is a Harry Potter's team-mate and a Quidditch (right?) champ.
Fine illustration also in view of Halloween and an interesting consideration about crayon on cell. I should give a try. But how do You use it exactly and what's the peculiar feature or effect You like to get pls?

Evart
10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I like this Sandra, it looks like fun :D

barnburner
10-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Great job Sandra! It was thoughtful of you to provide him with a "Green" mode of transportation - no polluting emissions... :):)

Alexandra
10-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Cesare, I quite agree- I am sure with all of the colorful characters that JK has written in that he would be Harry's team mate for sure! Thanks so much, so happy that you liked this one.
I have uploaded how I use crayons. I hope it is not too messy. Just be sure to check your texture and change to cell if necessary.;):)
I forgot a step. Once you have drawn with the deeper shade grey or black you can merge your layer and blend for depth.
Our talented mate SCP is much better at explaining or teaching I am sure, so if you need further instructions or better for that matter-he's a great one to talk with. He has a video that is fantastic-From Grey to Colour I believe it is called.

Thanks so much Evelyn!

Haha Mike, good thinking-I love it-that is great! Thanks so much my dear friend!

Caesar
10-07-2010, 03:38 AM
Thank You for the explanation, dear Sandra! I'll look for SCP course and attend it ...:p

jonwood
10-07-2010, 04:29 AM
great one Alexandra, especially like his top of the range broom....does it have air con?:D

Jasminek
10-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Well, well done, a steering on the broom, funny!!!!:D:D

Alexandra
10-07-2010, 05:18 AM
Well, just go ahead then!:mad::p Nah, just kidding Cesare. You will find such a rich learning in SCP's video. He is simply wonderful.

Hi Jon, I am in fact revamping his broom-to have handle bars like a motorcycle. I am going to get a few of my husbands husky dirt bike magazines for reference-haha!:D

Jasmine, Thanks, I had hoped everybody would get a kick start out of it!:p:o

justjean
10-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Sandra, your great imagination has done it again :D
a great way to travel with the wind in his face but where is his helmet :eek:
Safety standards must be met LOL

ScottF
10-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Nice one, Alexandra! I was thinking Johnny Depp meets Harry Potter, but Caesar beat me to the allusion. :D

mannafig
10-07-2010, 10:51 AM
He looks fab dear Sandra he best not be to long posing and go catch his little witch up:):)

Alexandra
10-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Jean, Now here I am thinking I want motorcycle handle bars, and then you mention a helmet!!!! I am now going to find a cool helmet.:rolleyes: Thanks for the ideas and nice comment dear lady!:D

Scott, thanks so much! This one was so fun, and I am not through with him yet.:D

Amanda, You are right! He is probably thinking...where has she gone now? Probably to the other side of the moon.:rolleyes: Thanks dear friend!:)

steverino365
10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Ah yes, a comfortable ride. A Honda broom for sure!! Well done!!! :D

Caesar
10-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Ehm ..., escuse me, I cannot find SCP video tutorial as yet Sandra :confused: ...What's the link pls?:)

Alexandra
10-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Okay then Steve-Honda for sure! Thanks!:D

Hi Cesare, here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1V0BIffrg8

I hope I did that right-if I didn't it is Artrage GraytoColour. If it didn't come through I will be on a few more minutes and I have the page up still.

Caesar
10-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Thx! Looking forward a good tonal lesson .....

Alexandra
10-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Great, so glad that it came through.;):)