View Full Version : Any plugin for warping image?

10-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Well, in Photoshop and in GIMP there are filters Liquify and iWarp, correspondingly. I can't say in words their effects (I think most of you know it), but they are usually used to imitate warps, liquid surfaces, for smoothing, for a variety of such things. This plugins are well-adjusted - size of brush, strength, etc.
Is there any free plugin-filter of such, which I can use in ArtRage?

10-06-2010, 09:31 AM
If you go to the artrage preferences >> filters
you can add the plugin-folder of photoshop (i don't know if it works with gimp)
after restart artrage, you wil find liquify in the filterlist that you can use
and most of the other filters


10-06-2010, 10:36 AM
But the problem is I do not own Photoshop on my computer, I used it few years ago; all I need know is this filter
If Adobe allow usage of filters separately from Photoshop (which I doubt), that won't be a big problem...

10-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I added the gimp-folder but it dont work
What you can do, but its not right I think (forum-admin, please delete this post if it is not allowed!)

download a trial of photoshop
copy the plugin-folder to a location of your choise
then go to the artrage prefs, and add that folder to the filterprefs

I tested this on my laptop (where photoshop is not installed)
the liquify-filter works without photoshop

* if you google for liquify plugin, you can download the filter alone

hope this helped

02-27-2015, 09:58 AM
I added the photoshop filters, very cool, thanks for the tip. But the liquify gives me this error "the program can't start because aif_ogl.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" any one have any idea what that means?

03-03-2015, 12:26 AM
maybe this helps?

03-12-2015, 03:53 PM
As I understand it, Liquify is exclusive to Photoshop and comes with the program. It isn't added, like other filters to be found online.

03-13-2015, 03:36 AM
this is correct....is part of photoshop