PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Mask

SCP
10-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi,
this image was mostly done in 2009 and only now I decided to finish it.:o
So I thought the main Gallery might be the better place for it.;)
Used both AR 2.5 and AR3SP :)
Please click on image for clearer picture.

Mairzie Dotes
10-02-2010, 02:41 PM
SCP,
This artful expression is as elusive and enticing as the evocative mask's
presence and those eyes that peer from behind the facade, could they
be familar? A dream that continues to surface? The lush surroundings
are exquisite, inviting the visitor to move foward then into and beyond
the mask to find what the heart may have been seaching for all along.
Intense, thought provoking, mysterious, magical and extremely well
painted! :)

Alexandra
10-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Hands clapping Scott, absolutely first rate amazing!:):):):):):):):)

Mike Severoff
10-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Very unusually. It was pleasant to me. (Reflexion is similar to the alien? :-) )

Caesar
10-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Here Your gorgeous style is well recognizable, but it is far neater and enlightened than usual. I love this solar painting! Congratulations!

coops
10-02-2010, 11:07 PM
The eyes pull the viewer into the painting inviting one to explore the lush landscape. A very stirring painting SCP and so very well executed.:)

jonwood
10-03-2010, 06:38 AM
great work...

Juz
10-03-2010, 06:45 AM
What a wild and imaginative piece. The reflections in the water and the eroded edges of the land near the water are superb. The eyes behind the mask are quite disturbing (in a fabulous SCP way of course). :):)

Jasminek
10-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Quite unique and it can be interpreted as scary or pleasant, well what a normal person would say if there such person, eh?:D

Belvrog
10-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Great surreal painting Scott, very stylish with that gigantic mask ! Very well done mate.:eek::)

SCP
10-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Mairzie Dotes I'm very pleased that you have taken all that in from your viewing,wonderful description!Thankyou.:):):):):)

Alexandra Wow thankyou so much Sandy!:o:):)

Mike Severoff Thankyou for viewing and leaving comments,glad you like it.;):)

Caesar You have a keen eye Dear Caesar,I have spent many hours on this painting and on a large scale,so I'm very pleased you have noticed my efforts.Thankyou very much!;):):):)

coops Thankyou kindly Dear Coops,wonderful of you to say.:):)

jonwood Thankyou. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my work:)

Juz Hey Juz, great to read your comments,thankyou so much!:):):)
Jasminek Yes you are spot on with your comments,I like when it's up to the viewer to work out in their own mind what is happening in my painting.Well this was my idea for this work.
Thankyou kindly.;):):)

Belvrog Thanks mate,it's kind of your fault I finished and posted this painting.It was after seeing your post,I thought that's right I still have that Mask painting to finish.So thankyou very much Belvrog!;):):):)

I did spend more time than it looks on this painting,oh well so it goes lol:D
I thought the starting spot for the final might be of interest?

javier
10-04-2010, 09:21 PM
WOW....This is fabulous, you have a great imagination, great job.:):):):)

Alexandra
10-05-2010, 02:45 AM
What a wonderful imagination Scott!!!! Hey...just dying to see what you would come out with using the sphere tool 100% pressure rate.:cool:;):D

screenpainter
10-05-2010, 09:05 AM
wow it's a bizarre imaginary world you unfold indeed. finely drawn and painted. love the techniques you use for painting... very accomplished renderings... professional quality.

SCP
10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
javier Wonderful comment,thankyou kindly!:)

Alexandra Thankyou!:o I'm still working on "Precious" in the WIP section but will see about the sphere tool soon.;):)

gzairborne I'm touched by your comments ,thankyou so much,you have made my day.:o:):):)