PDA

View Full Version : The Motorway

Jake.Icjaker
10-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Here's my 3rd attempt at using the ArtRage app for iPad - my finger loves the slickness of it - but I can't seem to grasp anything but abstract visuals yet.

Criticism good and bad is great as I'm just trying to better myself.

edit: the description that goes along with it is as follows - Cars scream down the motorway as the nightlife begins to pop downtown.

semd74
10-02-2010, 01:12 AM
I have never done artrage on Ipad, so i cant make any suggestions at all...nice colors though

L Skylar Brown
10-02-2010, 04:14 AM
I think you did a great job just using touch. I didn't know AR2 was usable with IPad. I have been waiting to buy the IPad, pending the release of AR3 for it. Do you have, or have you tried using your pen from Wacom or Hanvon? Instead of just touch?

Lee
10-02-2010, 04:28 AM
Dear Jake, Hello!! a wonderful start!! your iPad must be a lot of fun! and your beautiufl painting reminds me of a zippy amusment park ride!!! :)

Jake.Icjaker
10-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Hey all, thank you for your comments!

I haven't used a pen before - although they do make them for the iPad - I've never done any digital art (or much at all I should say) prior to the iPad and the different apps.

The reason I bought my iPad was for the sketching/painting apps - I've done a bit of finger painting in Sketchbook but this is my first turn seeing/hearing about/using ArtRage - and I love it so far.

It's kind of silly but when I think about using a stylus I think that maybe I'm cheating myself - ha, anyway - hopefully I'll get one to try it that way sometime... but anyway - thanks all for looking and your comments!

Alexandra
10-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Very interesting Jake. I am curious about it. I like your painting, great texture and movement. Thanks for sharing!

Jasminek
10-02-2010, 06:00 AM
The colors are very bright and the movements of the objects are there, a very good start.:)

pat1940
10-02-2010, 06:29 AM
I think this is an excellent beginning, shows lots of movement and nice colors;);):)