PDA

View Full Version : A classical painting copy -90% and glazes missing

Caesar
09-29-2010, 06:00 AM
A copy from Bouguereau.
I'll try to use glazes and some other layer adjustments to try to smooth transitions for a better simulation ...
Details won't be very neat because of the reduced size due to this computer resources limits ...

jonwood
09-29-2010, 06:10 AM
lovely painting Caesar

justjean
09-29-2010, 06:27 AM
WOW Caesar this is beautiful , I've pulled up a chair and will be watching :D

Caesar
09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Thank You, dear Jon. I hope I'll be able to have it finished in the most similar way to an ancient oil painting with many delicate glazes ...

:DLOL .... have a seat, dear Jean! I hope then not to disappoint You at the end! Thank You!

Lee
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Dear Caesar, sooooo beautiful!!!:)

Caesar
09-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Thank you, dear Lee! First I have to correct the background not so accurate though, to make it look better defined in its details and tones.

Caesar
09-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Here's another step ....

Alexandra
09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Beautiful!

screenpainter
09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
beautiful study Cesare. The colors are wonderful.

AT-TA
09-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Caesar, this is gorgeous. I just hapen to love Bougereau to pieces and sketched and painted many of his pictures. And always interesting on ones copy is, that we always leave ourselves in it... our style, our brush strokes and so on.... so it is always an original of a kind... and this is heavanly beautiful...his ladies, especially young girls are filled with such a sensitivity, inocense and kindness, one could cry of joy looking at them. Yours here is beautiful..:).

Caesar
09-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Good, old masters of art and beauty, dear Sandra. What would we do without their lessons? Thank You!

Dear Albert, I tried to follow Bouguereau palette with Artrage one, but just by intuition and direct mix, not picking them. The harmony was however all his merit.
Thank You!

Dear Anna, I used this painter I know You like as a prototype for smooth oil paintings in view of a following glazing test. It's as good and difficult as necessary to simulate, so as to get a likeable outcome, but his palette in each painting remains within not too broad boudaries and colors are not too intense. I thought it could be easier than earlier Caravaggio paintings for this purpose then. I'm glad You like it as a consequence of Your love for Bouguereau, which I admire very much too, even if he's just a little too sloppy and chromatically cool for my Mediterranean taste, even if I can see what You feel in front of his paintings. It happens to me even with many other and even greater classical French painters such as Ingres.
Thank You!

jonwood
10-01-2010, 08:50 AM
This is a beautiful painting Caesar...

Caesar
10-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Thank You, dear Jon! I finished it (for the moment) and put in the main gallery.