PDA

View Full Version : The Sphere and Other Stamps and Stickers

Alexandra
09-28-2010, 09:19 AM
I thought this might spark some imaginations...
In the stamps area you can experiment with the settings and size of each tool and enhance in anyway you wish.

I used the sphere on 100%.

Anyone up for it?:confused::D

Someonesane
09-28-2010, 09:49 AM
I had used a similar setting with one of my stickers to create the tree trunk in following image. In fact, the entire image was created with stickers, including the sky (although I did use a layer set to Multiply blend to add some shadows here or there).

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/3/3/4/2/quicksticker.jpg

MJSparks
09-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Would love to play with this idea more, but I lack time today.:(

This was done in about 10 minutes just using the bubble sticker setting.

Alexandra
09-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I had a few more ideas:
Have you tried making something much larger as in clicking the edit and entering 300%? I tried that with my ants, and was able to draw faces on them, or you could get serious and draw the actual features of the insect.
I want to make a snake and dragon...the ideas are flying around in my head.

All right Someonesane! Too cool!:cool: Oh I can't wait to try this.:D Fantastic idea for trees.:) I also like the background. So dreamy and pleasant.

Dear Magensparks, I can see that your imagination was sparked indeed!:p;):DI like the bubbles.:)

MJSparks
09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks. I think I can do better though! This project reminds me of an old school project. Where you sort of had to make a mosaic out of hole punch nibbles (for lack of a better term).

Alexandra
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I used paint splats 100% pressure
Sphere for the stems 100% pressure
Flower children stickers on white 100% pressure duplicated and enhanced
and the spider with the sphere.
Background on cell metallic black.

Now that I have the wacom updated with the latest download it responds so much better to pressure. I am really happy about that.:)

Someonesane
09-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Nice images everyone! Hopefully even more people to join in :). Until then, here's another one I've made. The only area that wasn't created with a sticker is the head of the dragon. The rest was all done with various stickers I created.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/3/3/4/2/dragon_stickers.jpg

Alexandra
09-28-2010, 06:24 PM
That is fantastic SOS.
I still do not understand how to make stickers. Were you one of the creators of these? I need to view the credits.

Someonesane
09-28-2010, 07:14 PM
That is fantastic SOS.

Thanks Alexandra :D

I still do not understand how to make stickers. Were you one of the creators of these? I need to view the credits.

I helped beta test the program before it's release, so a few of the stickers and presets I made were included with the program when it became available. The Paint Splats that you used in your last image and the Bubbles MagenSparks used in the image above are actually a couple of the ones I made. If you're looking for a better understanding of how to make your own stickers, you might want to read the tutorial I posted about it here: Sticker Creation Thread (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30400). There are also a few videos to be found at YouTube that explain how to make them. Here are a couple videos I made for creating stickers: Video 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQpi9FsMnJU) | Video 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iSJNHe4dT4). JudithTramayne also has some video tutorials (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYuCR6Vq2HU) for stickers that might help, as well. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll do what I can to help.

screenpainter
09-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Love seeing the sticker brush creations! All of you.

Sos... great dragon and a bright landscape... also love the sky.
Megan... very cool glass ball work.

That first one is just bizarre Sandy!!! Glad to see this thread as an art project... fun!
Great job y'all. Here is one I came up with recently. Using sticker brushes:
dotsy, pollock, mango and sage, and crosshatch. With the exception of pollock they were also made during the beta for ar3 and included in the program. I also have a new set of artist brushes I am working on at the moment.

Alexandra
09-29-2010, 03:38 AM
Hi Someonesane, That is really great. You did a fantastic job on them. I have loved using them. I will check out your links, and thank you very much.

Hi Albert, yeah-the first one was a doodle. You know when you start something and you are on the phone and you end up just making random things-that was what this turned out to be. It was so fun though.
I like your painting, that is so cool. Great job.

Here is one I made over tea this morning.
flower children sticker
oil for leaves
sphere string for stems
lady bug stickers

justjean
09-29-2010, 06:14 AM
WOW.Alexandera, someonesane, megan and gzairborne what fun and how wonderful your imaginations are :D

here's my attempt done with the sphere string

Lee
09-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Terrific You All, thank you!!!:)

Alexandra
09-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Jean, That is fantastic. Great work!

Hey Lee....I'm waiting for yours!:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Here's mine-made with Someonesane's bubbles, sphere, and the background with snowflakes on 100%.... Help! I can't stop.:o:p

justjean
09-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Alexandra, love those petals on the flower and the setting. Youve got me going and I'm going to do another one or two or three :D:D:D

screenpainter
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
great Sandy and Jean... I think the stickers were made to have fun with so I am happy to see that happening here.

Alexandra
09-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Thanks Albert! I am waiting for one of your fantastic abstracts again!;):)

Mike Severoff
09-30-2010, 11:03 PM
sorry, how to upload .prs more than 48kB?
(i have 2 nature sticker spray brushes for you)

Alexandra
10-01-2010, 03:55 AM
Alexandra, love those petals on the flower and the setting. Youve got me going and I'm going to do another one or two or three :D:D:D

GOOD! Looking forward to seeing them Jean, and thanks!:)

Alexandra
10-01-2010, 04:00 AM
sorry, how to upload .prs more than 48kB?
(i have 2 nature sticker spray brushes for you)
Great Mike, I am looking forward to it.

Here is my recent one-just in time for the spooky Halloween time.
Nature stamps: Jack's grass, flowers, shrub brush
Sticker spray: Sphere string 100% spray rate (for fingers, horns, lips, tongue, red flowers)
Art Brushes: Very sparse bristles

MJSparks
10-01-2010, 08:15 AM
neat stuff, here's one holiday themed. All these are default stickers that came with the program.

Alexandra
10-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Oh Magen, I love that!:eek::D

justjean
10-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Alexandra, thats one scarey fellow you have there and now I have a good excuse for not digging up the garden,:D

justjean
10-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Magen your pumpkins are so wonderful and scarey :D

justjean
10-01-2010, 05:17 PM
I have to get into the halloween mood yet but for now here's another flower one

Everything done with diffrent sizes of the paw print and then I used bristle 1 ( I think it was no. 1) to make the paw prints settle down into wood :D

screenpainter
10-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Love the two scary ones. Jean that last one is gorgeous!!! amazing how you made that out of sticker spray. really nice. Okay, Sandy asked for some abstracts so....
these were made from a couple new sticker brushes I made trying to simulate painting strokes.
the first one is called deep city blues.

screenpainter
10-01-2010, 11:14 PM
The second one has no permanent name yet. Just experimenting. :)

screenpainter
10-02-2010, 12:03 AM
This one is a combination of a sticker brush I made called pollock and a preset for the gloop tool that makes the flowing paint lines.

Alexandra
10-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Jean, Beautiful work! I haven't thought about the paw print-great idea.:)

Albert, These are wonderful. The second one reminds me of the song "A Horse With No Name" by America.

A Horse With No Name

On the first part of the journey
I was looking at all the life
There were plants and birds and rocks and things
There was sand and hills and rings
The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz
And the sky with no clouds
The heat was hot and the ground was dry
But the air was full of sound

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La, la ...

After two days in the desert sun
My skin began to turn red
After three days in the desert fun
I was looking at a river bed
And the story it told of a river that flowed
Made me sad to think it was dead

You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
La, la ...

After nine days I let the horse run free
'Cause the desert had turned to sea
There were plants and birds and rocks and things
there was sand and hills and rings
The ocean is a desert with it's life underground
And a perfect disguise above
Under the cities lies a heart made of ground
But the humans will give no love

You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
La, la ...

justjean
10-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Albert, wondrful abstracts, my fav is the city blues :D

justjean
10-02-2010, 04:13 AM
OMG I just can't stop, the heck with the housework, playing with my pooch, grocery shopping, washing etc, etc, etc, I just want to sticker play :eek:

back to all done with sphere string :D

Lee
10-02-2010, 04:33 AM
Dear GZ, Magan, Alexandra and all, YOWIE!!!, these are so cool and entertaining!!! good job,!!!:)

Ps, Megan, would like to know how you made your cute animated pumpkin avatar please!!!:)

Alexandra
10-02-2010, 05:35 AM
Jean, Oh my gosh-I love it!! Fantastic. I know what you mean-I am running back and to my computer. I love this program! Check out the hat on my witch. Done with the sphere string. Apply pressure and let up with the pen-100% spray rate. When I did this, I thought-wow this looks like a witches hat! Then came the witch and her broom and the rest.:eek::)

I know what you mean Lee, I love that animated pumpkin avatar!:D

MJSparks
10-02-2010, 06:12 AM
Really really beautiful stuff. Amazing how much of this was done with those stickers and things. Very clever work. I adore Halloween stuff, so many of the things I post in the next month will probably be Halloween oriented. :D

The pumpkins are coins. I thought they made an interesting texture.

Alas I cannot take credit for my little pumpkin monkey. :( It was found on photobucket when I was looking for monkey references. They were so adorable that I had to collect them.

I have a big collection of the little guy and the girl version. I do know how to make them though. You can do animated gifs pretty easily in Adobe Photoshop. There's lots of tutorials out there. I've heard they're possible here in AR, but I haven't figured it out quite yet.

I have made several from the favorite parts of my favorite shows.

Lee
10-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Thank You Magan!!!:)

screenpainter
10-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks Sandy, Magen and Lee.
Sandy I think that is a perfect name for that painting... horse with no name. :)

Alexandra
10-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Thanks Albert, I am glad that you liked it. It is a wonderful painting.

justjean
10-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Sandy, your witch looks great and love that hair, the hat is wonderful too, you can do so much with that sphere thingy :D

Alexandra
10-03-2010, 04:44 AM
What in the world are they? They are sphere thingies!:eek::D
(idea from Jean's name;):))

Thanks Jean-so happy that you liked the witch.
I love your images-keep 'em coming pls!:)

justjean
10-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Oh Sandy I'm just sitting here laughing out loud at all those wonderful thingies , thanks for my morning laugh :D

Alexandra
10-03-2010, 01:39 PM
You are welcome dear Jean!:D

Docsmith626
10-03-2010, 01:43 PM
. . . with stickers and stencils only.

screenpainter
10-03-2010, 04:46 PM
wow Doc... very artful use of stickers and stencils. great pic!!! great use of color and texture. good stuff.

Docsmith626
10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks, Gzairborne. The finished version is in the gallery. I wanted to demonstrate that high-end photomanipulation can be done entirely in ArtRage. :D

Alexandra
10-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Outstanding Doc!!!!!

Alexandra
10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
All of the bouquet done in coins of different sizes.

MJSparks
10-05-2010, 05:58 AM
Still liking everything posted! Docs, stencil sticker one is very cool. Like the colors and texture. Alex, The coins have a really neat texture, don't they? I really like the flowers you made. Very pretty.

It's really strange, but I find myself drawn to things that seem to have texture. I go into a place like a fabric store or something and I touch everything. :o Texture is one thing I that I love very much about artrage. You can give a digital painting texture and it's natural! (meaning you don't have to try.) I'd probably get kicked out of museums... :D

p.s. Alex, being a florist... your painting here made me smile because it's just about true to form... meaning... to get that pretty vase of flowers similar at a shop would probably cost as much as the coins it has collected in and around it. :p. (Mark up on floral stuff is outrageous. :eek:)

Alexandra
10-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Hi Magen, You lucky girl! I love flowers!!!! I am going to make a bouquet today with my hydrangea tree-bush. I love it when the leaves turn a sage this time of year, and I have a green glass vase that I use and it is really beautiful!
Here is another for you.

justjean
10-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Doc thanks for sharing ,looks great:)

justjean
10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Sandy, great use of the coins and in the second it looks like a beautiful glass table , keep on going girl they are all great :D

Alexandra
10-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Thanks so much Jean, this was my favorite version.:)

justjean
10-08-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm so PROUD :D here's my first sticker the tree was painted in Painter
but the sticky was made in ArtRage :D looks like I will have to do a bit of cleaning up of the image but it's a start

Alexandra
10-09-2010, 08:23 AM
OUTSTANDING Jean!!!!

coops
10-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Just having fun with this thread:)

Alexandra
10-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh Katie....This is so beautiful! Your color combination's are just wonderful.

coops
10-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Thank you so much Sandra I am so pleased you liked it:)

MJSparks
10-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Very pretty butterfly.

That reminds me of a past memory of about when I was 6. There was this little Vietnamese lady who lived across from my Uncle's parents house. We would visit the Uncle and his parents, then the little lady came out smiling everytime she saw the car and she would braid my hair up. Everytime though, there would always be this one piece that just wouldn't set up right. She used a barette very similar to that. She told me it was handmade from her country. I still have that little butterfly. I would always bring it with me when I knew she was going to braid my hair.

It was always fun to see her. She would rattle off some pretty interesting wise sayings and stuff. I never did quite figure out how she braided my hair though. It always looked so neat.

screenpainter
10-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Those are very pretty ladies.
Katie that is an amazing use of stickers!

jibes
11-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Some really great images here!! Glad I came to see!!!

tuszek
01-18-2011, 07:04 AM
Hello Everyone!

I was playing a bit with the sticker spray, an have to tell its great! Figuring out how it works was taking a bit but well worth the effort. :)
On the sketch you can see it better the sticker, the finished one is sill made with the same just with so small that it no longer visible. The sticker is from real watercolor brush prints, and i linked the pen pressure with luminance :rolleyes: ... tricky but FUN!!

Alexandra
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Hello Tuszek, Thank you for your stunning contribution. Gorgeous work!

Bobbi
01-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Using the stickers can really stretch your imagination. Some of them are truly fascinating to use and develope your own style.

Alexandra
01-24-2011, 04:25 AM
Yes Bobbi, and when one plays with the settings, the outcome is amazing. The witch on the broom, started with the hat that I made with the settings maxed out on the sphere tool. Next, I made the body to go with the hat, I loved the shading and depth that it gave immediately.