PDA

View Full Version : Rogues gallery...

Jono
09-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Edit: 25 Sept '10 - I've added numbers to the image to show the month for each sketch.

Iíve been having a trawl through my PCs hard disk and thought it would be interesting, for me at least, to gather some of my experiments and doodles together, to evaluate progress if any, over the last 9 months or so.

When I bought ArtRage 3 SP late last December, I made it a rule to try and keep everything I produced with it Ė even just quick sketches. Over the years I must thrown away dozens of 'backs of envelopes' and post-it notes, some of which may have had useful ideas :eek:

I've not really come to any conclusions, other than I'm still learning, both artistically and using ArtRage, and can see I've only scratched the surface of whatís possible. A quick glance around the gallery is proof enough of that. I'm humbled by the skill, diversity and artistic knowledge of the ArtRage community.

Anyway, I feel that I might be bearing my soul a little with these images, which, for the most part, were never destined to see the light of day :o

Thanks for looking, Jono :)

screenpainter
09-24-2010, 03:20 PM
they look great together. thanks for sharing all these together. very cool to see your sketches and experiments here.

Alexandra
09-24-2010, 09:42 PM
I think they are wonderful drawings Jono. I like your style.

Mairzie Dotes
09-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Juno,
My goodness, it looks like a political convention of "Rogues" movers
and shakers. They are all painterly qualified and it would be impossible
to cast a vote for only one, for all are artful winners. Great collection
of personalities. :)

pat1940
09-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Jono, I like these very much, so glad you posted them:D;)

coops
09-25-2010, 04:03 AM
What a marvelous pictureboard of some very cool characters. Great work:)

Jono
09-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Thank you Albert, Sandy, Mairzie, Pat, and Katie for your encouraging comments. :) Itís was quite therapeutic to get some of these sketches out of the closet. Mairzie you have a lovely way with words as well as with painting.

Thanks again, Jono

Jasminek
09-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Sound like fun doodling, lots of concentration on the eyes!:D

Mairzie Dotes
09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Jono;317256] Mairzie you have a lovely way with words as well as with painting.

Jono,
A sincere thank you for the kind mention. :)

jonwood
09-28-2010, 05:48 AM
great sketches..particularly like Bad Hair rage....

Jono
09-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Yes Jasminek, doodling around in ArtRage really is really fun - so many things to learn and play with, even after all these months. :D

Jon Ė thanks for your comment. ĎBad hair rageí was one of the first things I did Ė itís been all downhill since then. :D Iím really enjoying your Addams family series, by the way. :)

Belvrog
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Especially like it as composition. Well done.:)

Jono
10-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks Belvrog, really appreciated your comment. :)