PDA

View Full Version : Cinque Terre

fraser_paice
09-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Saw a news story about this place today.. I had never heard of it before but the pictures I found look fantastic..

Still playing with chalk.

steverino365
09-23-2010, 11:14 AM
I love the bold bright colors. Great job doing the cliffs.

Alexandra
09-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Awesome work Neil. Love it.:):):):):):):):):)

Jasminek
09-23-2010, 11:57 AM
You have done well, like those colorful buildings.:)

sandyg
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Lovely work Fraser, it fasinating how they have the building stacked in rows up the mountains. Must have been hard building them.

Caesar
09-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Dear Neil, I love this "pop art" interpretation of one of the magnificents view of the so called Cinque Terre (transl. Five Lands, more or less).
That area is one one the most enchanting (and hard to reach:p) places in the world and are in Italy (not much surprising I guess), in the Liguria region and not far from Genova (Genoa in English, one of the four Italian sea republics and where the term jeans come from, since the fabric came from there).
There are five marvellous fisherman village among the cliffs over the sea: Monterosso, Vernazza, Cornigliola, Manarola, Riomaggiore.
Not far from there there are also another couple of wonder-villages: the most renowned Portofino and Porto Venere.
All these places, pertaining to the same region, are far from completing a list of similarly gorgeou places You would find all over Italian coasts and, unfortunately, as all the most renowned places, they are not among the cheapest places to visti and stay ...
I provide here a couple of views (one coinciding with Your painting and the other is Portofino) and a a site where You can see some pictures of the Cinque Terre. Portofino and Portovenere images should be looked for separately, since they're not villages of the Cinque Terre.
The pictures herebelow really deserves to be seen in my view.
http://www.google.it/images?hl=it&q=cinque+terre&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=Gf6aTJXcGMHIswao16CqBA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CEUQsAQwAw

coops
09-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Great painting again Matey. Has such a warmth of community to it:)

ScottF
09-24-2010, 04:06 AM
Fraser, you´ve been coming up with some outstanding pieces lately! This one is wonderful for its tone and use of color.

L Skylar Brown
09-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Absolutely Smashing!

mannafig
09-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Fantastic:):)