PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Duet

alkratzer
09-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Been a while since I've finished an AR piece (though I have a number "in progress"), feels good to be able to post one. This is an attempt to bring together a few of my different painting styles and subjects.

There is a more "revealing" version being posted to the After Nine section...

Al

pat1940
09-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Both the Duets are very beautiful Alkratzer, love those wonderful colors, great job:):)

AT-TA
09-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Wowww...Al, this is gorgeous... i feel like i am in the hall, listening to them...love cello and sax... they have an extraordinary souls then other instruments do... bravo to this work...love it....:)

Jasminek
09-20-2010, 11:50 AM
I can hear some music to sooth my being, real nice!:)

Mairzie Dotes
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
alkratzer,
The spirited vibrance of "Midnight Duet" is seeming to literally resonate
off of the canvas in melodic tonal ecstacy. The artistry is unparalleled
in defining not only the rhythmic heart of music but how it relates to
the very soul. I can sense, feel the song, the emotion and the power
that this exceptional piece delivers. What an effervescent, harmonic
jewel this is. :)

waheednasir
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
very interesting palette used. looks good..:).

Caesar
09-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Very beautiful composition and colors (no surprise)!
They look perfect for any kind of duet playing ...:D

Alexandra
09-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Beautiful Al, I love it!

Rowena
09-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Wonderful!.. and I love the painted piano keyboard thumbnail too :D

coops
09-21-2010, 04:39 AM
This is one of your finest Al. It conveys such a feeling of music and the expressions of the love of the music. Its beautifully and really touches me:)

Lima
09-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I saw first in after9... is beautiful to observe the nuances of your paintings. Besides, your homepage is fantastic. To visit often.

Wonderful:eek:

alkratzer
09-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks [B]Pat for the kind words!

AT-TA -- I'm pleased that you like it!

Jasminek -- After I master getting people to hear the music through the visual, I'm going to start working on getting them to smell and taste it as well! :D

Ms. Dotes, having you flatter my work with your masterful prose feels like getting a pat on the head by the school principal for doing a good job when I was 6 years old -- wonderful! Thanks!

waheednasir -- thanks for taking time to comment. For some reason I do not seem to be able to use any other pallet than this one when I paint -- even if I set out to do something different the colors always seem to get pushed back to these!

Caesar -- you're right, I'll bet this moonlight sonata leads to other types of playing as well.

Thanks for your kind words Sandra!

Rowena -- Thank you so much for commenting on this -- it is much appreciated

Katie -- I'm very glad you like this one -- especially since you are such a master of nighttime moods in many of your pieces!

Oriane -- Thank you my friend for your continued support of my efforts and for mentioning thepaintednote.com (http://www.thepaintednote.com) blog!

Belvrog
09-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Fantastic lighting and mood Al.

hani
09-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Wonderful coloring and painting Alkratzer :), I like too much :D

screenpainter
09-22-2010, 09:08 PM
dreamlike... wonderful Al.

Mike Severoff
09-23-2010, 12:07 AM
This is amazing!