PDA

View Full Version : Weeping

Alexandra
09-17-2010, 02:33 AM
A design of weeping willow leaves.
This is one of my favorite trees. My grandmother had one and when all of the family were able to be together the kids always ran to the willow tree.

MJSparks
09-17-2010, 03:30 AM
I enjoy this type of tree too. Especially on a breezy day, just seems like the tree is dancing softly swaying in the wind.

Is this another fabric pattern I see? I think it would make a good summer/spring skirt with the colors that you chose.

Alexandra
09-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Hi Magen, thanks, and I think you are right. This could be a textile print. I will add it to the other thread.:)

AT-TA
09-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Beautiful Sandy. :)

Alexandra
09-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Thanks AT! I think I need to get serious soon and get back into landscapes or portraits with oil. A lot of things going on and life is heavy for me at the moment.

AT-TA
09-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Paint it all out, Sandy, if you can and remember, the sun will come out again... maybe not today... but day after..or after...:)

Mairzie Dotes
09-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Alexandra,
A touching title to such a lovely painting. The Willow leaves do remind
me of tear drops not only in form but also a result of the soft translucent
application. A piece as heartfelt and gentle as a delicate breeze this is. :)

SCP
09-17-2010, 08:40 AM
A very relaxing image Sandra and I think my Grandfather's Dairy farm had these type of trees.
Amazing bendy limbs,as a young boy I thought I could make a bow from a branch.:eek::o
Well there you go you took me back to a time in my childhood,thankyou.;):)

coops
09-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Love it love it love it Sandra:)

Alexandra
09-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks AT, I appreciate that. I have my chin up.;):)

MaryAnn, Thanks so much for such a beautiful and generous comment!

Scott, Thank you, I too felt so much for this tree! Things are so crazy and scary in this country economically and we are facing more challenges, I could not help but think of gentler times.:)

Dear Katie, Thanks ever so much sweet lady!:)

Caesar
09-17-2010, 07:02 PM
This little masterpiece could be anything, from a very elegant and magic semi-abstract painting, to a decoration to a fabric motive design etc..
It's wonderful under any aspect, with such amazing transparencies, shapes and the shading off matching one into the other of these two colors.

Alexandra
09-18-2010, 01:53 AM
How nice of you Cesare, many thanks my dear friend.:)

Jasminek
09-18-2010, 04:59 AM
The weeping willows never are more beautiful than this painting, well done.:)

mannafig
09-18-2010, 09:23 AM
What a beautiful memory to go with a beautiful and soft painting dear Sandra:):)

Alexandra
09-18-2010, 09:33 AM
This is so nice of you, thanks so much Jasmine!

It truly is Amanda. I am thankful for the times with my grandmother whom I loved so very much. She always had a beautiful garden filled with vegetables, flowers, and beautiful trees. Her little brick house that my grandfather built for her is still there in northern Alabama.