PDA

View Full Version : An imaginary beast

Caesar
09-16-2010, 04:17 AM
Just to play with the pencil ...

wenkat
09-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Looks real. I'm amazed over your mastery with pencil; lively shades with good depth!:)

Alexandra
09-16-2010, 05:44 AM
I agree, wonderful sketching Cesare!

AT-TA
09-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Nice, warm drawing of a beast, the thinker,Caesar.:)

Caesar
09-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Actually this experiment was intented to get some confidence in view of other subjects and I also got another idea from it, dear Wenkat.;) Thank You for Your "blessing"!

Thank You, dear Sandra! A possible idea in view of next Star Wars episode maybe.

He's one of the lone males of this touchy species, dear Anna. Better not to be on his way when he charges ...

Belvrog
09-16-2010, 08:55 AM
That's so well done Caesar with it's believable anatomic detailing -very good work.

MJSparks
09-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Very interesting and I love the pencil work here. I certainly wouldn't want to be in his way or did he inherit his eyesight from his front genetics or his back? Cause it may make a difference in how I run. :p

p.s. I do believe someone started a project of this nature. Was to combine animals to make new ones. I couldn't get the feel for it though. I wanted to try a Tigerdillo. :(

Jasminek
09-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Wonderful pencil work, you sure are in the mood of beasts and weirdos lately!:D

pat1940
09-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Excellent sketch Caesar, you really showed the muscle tone of the animal and the shading is so good:):):)

screenpainter
09-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Great job on the muscle anatomy. Very good drawing techniques as well. Impressive pencil work!

justjean
09-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Great pencil work and a wonderful sketch

L Skylar Brown
09-16-2010, 02:13 PM
What a great beast. Looks Prehistoric.

Mairzie Dotes
09-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Dear Caesar,
An excellent fantasy sketch. I am always amazed at your skill in anatomy
detailing. The muscular shading of this imaginary beast is exceptional,
indicating the strength and power of this formidable creature. Hopefully
he is also good natured if one were to cross his path while on safari. :eek:
An impressive piece. :)

Caesar
09-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Thank You, dear Belvrog! It was a sort of flight back in my past when I liked to read about not anly dinosaurs, but also ancient, weird, extinct mammals seome of which had quite considerable sizes.

Dear Magen, actually I wanted to draw an all new animal, instead than some odd mix like it often was in mythology. Obviously it's almost impossible not to be driven by really existing ones, more or less consciously. This one is not such a big departure from reality, but a first step anyway ... Thank You! Waiting for Your Tigerdillo!;)

Dear Jasmine, may be Your Kinnaree ignited some series of hidden crazy circuits in my neuronal messy network...:D Thank You!

He's certainly not a domestic pet, dear Pat, so he'd better keep well trained physical resources to survive and ... why not, reproduce. :p Thank You!

Dear Albert, the pencil in AR is not bad at all and not that far from natural one to use. I would like to push its limits furtherly and see how much it could reproduce all the best pencil features as a tool ... thank You!

Thank you dear Jean! I must confess that monochrome pencil is the only type of artistic tool I continuously used for quite a number of years since my birth (apart from plasticine as for the 3-D :D).

That was the idea, dear Skylar, and not a lightweight for sure. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Mair. It's not among the smartest or the most witty creatures I'm afraid, but not not even among the ones who risk to waste the planet.
Although I seem to have a certain experise of anatomy, I would like to assure that I'm not neither a butcher nor a descendant of Jack the Ripper and that, outside the artistic activities range, there are a restricted anatomical field I tend to prefer dealing with.:D

SCP
09-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Great work with the pencil,also very nice concept.You have depicted the strength of your Animal really well!Cross between a Draft Horse and Rhino maybe? .:cool::)

coops
09-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Thats terrifice Cesare, just hope he is friendly:)

Caesar
09-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Dear SCP, this beast has a quite complex feature. Basically it's a North American bison but an heavier version and with thicker legs more similar to a rhino, just like the nose horn. Its head, under the "helm" is something in between a horse and a gorilla.
It can powerfully charge like a hammer (the reason for its name, mjolnir, refers to Thor's mythical hammer), especially against bigger and slower threats breaking thir leg or chest bones with the frontally reinforced skull (like a pachycephalosaurus), also used for duel between males, but also deadly rip smaller predators attacking in groups by sudden strokes of the nose horn. Moreover his skin is also reinforced in the frontal and rear part.
Thank You!

Dear Katie, I'm sure You would get him eating from Your hand, but normally he hasn't got a very social nature, although he's an herbivorous. Thank You!

Mike Severoff
09-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Powerfully :)

mannafig
09-18-2010, 09:30 AM
What a magnificent beast:):) would not want him chasing me:D

Caesar
09-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Thank You too, dear Mike and Amanda!

waheednasir
09-20-2010, 05:46 PM
well done mate, nicely shaded..:).

Caesar
09-20-2010, 09:36 PM
The AR pencil is pretty good for sketching, dear Waheed, I find. Thank You very much!