PDA

View Full Version : One of those moments...

AT-TA
09-15-2010, 06:26 PM
It is raining already for the second week... so i am painting...Started out with trying misterpaints feltpens on his canvases... oh my... couldn't do a thing.... so hard to paint with felt pen...you cannot go light on dark like in watercolors.. or is it just me who is so incapable?Finished the pic on a diffrent note....;)

screenpainter
09-15-2010, 07:54 PM
gorgeous! beautiful perfect figure drawing and painting in your delightful style. full of light... huge success in my opinion. I love it.

Panaslonix
09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Dear AT-TA, your painting is very good anyway.

No, there are some tools complex to use indeed. It is necessary to have a time and a bit practice to go on.

I hope it's a matter of time and try. :)

wenkat
09-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Quite inviting! Superb!:)

Caesar
09-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Dear Anna, each tool requires its tricks I guess. Felt pen are marvellous but You cannot recover lighter tones, so You should proceed carefully and adding progressively the darker tints I'm afraid.
Otherwise You have the eraser or another layer anyway, don't You?;):)
Quite apart from that, this dawing/ painting is another wonder and Your art makes any tools and techniques shortfall of little importance.

barnburner
09-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Wonderful painting AT. :)

ARTGEEK
09-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Gorgeous!!!!!!

Alexandra
09-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Beautiful work AT!

AT-TA
09-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Thank you Albert for your kind words, they make me grow higher and higher...:)

Thank you, Sandy and Artgeek for looking and commenting, always good to share with friends...

Barney thanks, she would like to chat with a buddy like you...:)

Caesare, yeah, i learned the hard way...one must have the knowledge how to use tools first... i will try again...thanks for comming and commenting.:)

Thank you Panaslonix for your sincere words: yes i will try again..:)

Thank you for looking, venkat,i am glad you liked.:)

Jasminek
09-16-2010, 08:57 AM
You captured a nice, healthy looking woman perfectly.:)

pat1940
09-16-2010, 09:16 AM
AT I would not worry at all AT, you do such wonderful paintings and this is so beautiful, AT when you use watercolor do you use wet on wet thru the whole painting, I try to do that but I end up that I have to change to wet on dry because the wet on wet wont go over the part that is already painted, I hope I am explaining this that you understand what I mean, not use to watercolor much but sure would like to learn:):)

Mairzie Dotes
09-16-2010, 09:54 PM
AT-TA,
The artistry is most excellent, a vibrant, sunlit scene that is
captured with skilled blending of color choices and execution.
A wonderfully painted piece! :)

AT-TA
09-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Thank you Jasmine, Mairzie,for your kind words. They usually light up my day with inspiration for the new work.

Pat, thank you too, i love watching you paint and grow and i can feel your flame of passion in your pictures.

To the watercolor question: Pat, digital wc doesn'behave like real wc's, at least i do not know such program, where it is so. The do not drip, flow freely and do not glaze so nicely as real ones... but this is our choice of media now...so... let's work with what we have and do the best. When using AR watercolors i mostly use harsh line first, create the shapes with it and then might add a bit of just water for lightenning effect. Or i might use watercolor first and a bit of touch up with dry on wet...it depends what i want to achieve. And do not be shy using the knive for nice soft edges if needed. Remember, this is digital medium and needs a different attitude towards it.But i must mention, i am not digital wc expert, i just doodle and doodle, for me it is like looking beyond the horizon what else is there. Wish you luck, Pat, you have the love for painting, and that is needed the most here. Hope, i helped a little and do never hesitate to ask me again.

pat1940
09-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Thankyou AT for taking the time to explain wc to me, I really appreciate it, I am going to practise on my wc, I love this program and you are so right, I do love to paint and I have a lot of patience, so forge on I will, and again thankyou AT .......happy painting and have a great day:):);)

Lima
09-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Your painting is a beauty. The whole scene looks so natural and casual; it is as if we were there. Congratulations.:)

Mike Severoff
09-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Very good work.
There is an open space for thought.