PDA

View Full Version : A girl from Scanno in the traditional costume

Caesar
09-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Here's a portrait from a reference (no tracing or color picking etc.). I tried to paint it accurately enough. Only background + figure layers (2).

mannafig
09-14-2010, 03:23 AM
WOW:eek: Lovely work dear Cesare absolutely magnificent:):)

AT-TA
09-14-2010, 04:49 AM
Caesar, this is a gorgeous work. Pretty costume, beautiful lady and such a natural, painterly touch this pic has, which i love also. It always shows, when work is done by freehand from a to z .... i enjoyed this a lot.

By the way, i love and done a lot of national and regional costume paintings also... and you are encouragment to more.Bravo, bravo, bravo. :)

Caesar
09-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Thank You, dear Amanda! Today I saw her on a picture and I decided to change her and her attire into a painting. It obviously took more than usual, but still not so much to end up posting a WIP. Anyway I just cannot keep into a too much limited palette as it could have been nice here, I'm afraid.

I'm glad to possibly cause You to resume the costume painting genre dear Anna. I don't have any genre limitation, provide there's some sort of unusual or interesting painting challenge and nice composition. Here there were more than one. Thank You!

VanHeber
09-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Amazing!!!!!!!!

pat1940
09-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Caesar, she looks absolutely beautiful, the costume is wonderful and such a great painting:):):)

GUYJIN
09-14-2010, 10:06 AM
This is really cool! She look a bit like Jessica Alba.

SCP
09-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Fantastic work friend,there is a lot to like in this painting.Great costume ,looks like a little more time spent on the details, very nice work!:):):)

Caesar
09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Many thanks, dear VanHeber! I'm glad for Your appreciation!

Dear Pat, so many compliments on the same painting! :eek: Thank You very much!

Dear Guyjin, I din't know much about Jessica Alba, so I gave a look to google images. I didn't find a profile picture of her to assess better the likeness degree, but she's certainly a beautiful girl. Thank You!

Right, dear SCP! More time spent but still no planning or complex approaches. I didn' use glazes on a different layer for instance, as I shoud have probably.
Thank You!

screenpainter
09-14-2010, 07:36 PM
beautiful! finely drawn and painted. Love the texture too... gives it a natural look.

Alexandra
09-14-2010, 08:45 PM
So beautiful Cesare!:):):):):):):):):):):)

Mike Severoff
09-14-2010, 09:06 PM
There are no words, great.
I like your technique too

Panaslonix
09-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Dear Caesar, your painting is very well done!

Would you like to make a series of works in national costumes, what do you think? ;)

Caesar
09-14-2010, 10:13 PM
It's since a long time that I wanted to paint some figure neatly, smoothly and precisely finished and detailed and I start with the idea to use area selection to keep within boundaries and glaze layers, but after little time I start, when I see from the beginning it's progressing well enough, I forget all my plans and intentions and go on straight ahead on the same layer and in full manual mode.
This is a limitation in many case, but here the outcome satisfied me too and here's still time to set up a complex procedure and test ....

Thank You, dear Albert!

Glad for Your approval, dear Sandra!

Dear Mike, You're always very kind towards me. Thank You!

Actually I started this too because there was a thread on hats in the project section, dear Panaslonix. I like any genre or series in principle, whenever they give me the possibility not to be merely repetitive though, and where each single painting has its own merits because of the composition, colors and effects. I therefore didn't make any specific plan on national costumes (or local folklore) which, by the way, in Italy and the rest of Europe, would already make a huge number of painting variants indeed.

hani
09-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Wow paint Caesar :eek: and very nice :)

Caesar
09-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Thank You very much, dear Hani!

justjean
09-15-2010, 02:18 AM
Beautiful lady and love the texture showing through

misterpaint
09-15-2010, 03:04 AM
Caesar, con questo hai vinto :)
è uno dei migliori pezzi che tu abbia mai realizzato, è il genere di quadro che acquisterei volentieri e che appenderei in bella mostra nella mia sala.
Tantissimi complimenti, sei un grande artista caro amico mio.

Caesar
09-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Thank You, dear Jean! The girl is not a relative of mine though ... :D

Caro Stefano, il tuo apprezzamento è un primo premio per me, tanto più espresso in termini così entusiastici. Visto che ti piace, stampatelo pure, se ritieni, sul supporto che preferisc,i con la mia benedizione. La cosa può solo onorarmi, dato il tuo valore pittorico di prima grandezza. Grazie!

Lima
09-15-2010, 08:09 AM
When a guy like you, a great artist, decides to paint a masterpiece of painting, this is the result. A spectacle:eek::eek::eek:of image. Congratulations Caesar.

Caesar
09-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Dear Oriane, such an enthusiastic reply by a great master like You really honours me and encourages me to improve and pursue a better and constant degree of quality standard when posting. Thank you very much, dear friend!