PDA

View Full Version : Heaven outside up -More views and my verses in English to the end

Caesar
09-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Look at this today speedy painting of the Allmighty! It took only 10-15 minutes to record all these variations in the sky (and what You see is just a pale idea of the magnificent show). I'm just sorry I realized the interesting clouds configurations only too late ... I guess You may find connections between these sky views and some Italian classical or baroque paintings, especially by the greatest Venitian masters.
I didn't manipulate these pictures taken again from my terrace with a quite modest camera. An addition to the stunning gallery of Mair.
I took other during the holiday, but I didn't have the camera when I saw a most spectacular and colorful light beams through clouds scene unfortunately.
I hope You would appreciate and consider the palettes herein for some painting, either realistic or abstract.

pat1940
09-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Caesar, what beautiful sky's you captured, and very kind of you to share, how fortunate to be able to see this beauty from your balcony, thanks again for sharing:);)

AT-TA
09-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Spectacular palette for sure, Caesare. I'll put them in my favs so i can find them, when i will need them.

Caesar
09-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Glad You appreciated them, dear Pat and Anna. If You like or need a particular picture, I may attach it full size so that You can appreciate more details.

Alexandra
09-11-2010, 10:42 AM
It is quite astonishing no matter how you view it, whether scientifically as my son and I are studying or with one's faith and amazement-it is always so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your part of the world with us dear Cesare.

Caesar
09-11-2010, 07:00 PM
It's a pleasure, dear Sandra, and I guess that environment was and probably quite influential on the various painting schools and great masters' palettes.
Just look to the colors of the vrious impressionist painters (with Gaugin after he left France)! Or the difference between the Impressionist and their Italian predecessors Macchiaoli, or the Catalan painters palettes ...

mannafig
09-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Stunning Cesare thank you so much for sharing:):)

eighty+
09-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Ceasar all I get is a sort of dull grey u should b so lucky

Jasminek
09-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Wonderful capture of the nature.:) IMO, no better Artist than Naure ever exists.

Caesar
09-12-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm glad You liked the colors and the textures of the sky, dear Amanda, Eighty and Jasmine! After all ... what a wonderful world we live in!

coops
09-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Thank you Cesare for sharing these wonderful pictures with us. Sure does inspire one to paint a sky. :)

Caesar
09-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Thank You, dear Katie. Here some more ....

coops
09-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Wow Cesare these are so beautiful. The second one is like a crown in the sky. Thanks for sharing:)

Caesar
09-14-2010, 03:36 AM
... and who knows what today the sky and the sunset will look like when I'll be back home dear Katie....:rolleyes: Thank You!

Lee
09-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Dear Caesar, once, a long time ago, i was far away from my mother, but in the early morning, i realized that we were both looking at the same beautiful sunrise, have always said your Italian sky is a different color, maybe the Medeteranin sea reflects a different blue into your sky, the light is brighter there, no wonder romance and art is exceptional there, anyway, we share the same stars and sun so we must all care together about it,,, xox:)

Caesar
09-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Dear Lee, actually we all share much more than just the sky an we are too much concentrated on differences which are really few compared to what is similar and shared by all human beings. Bad will separates us a fully independent entity making us starve and die; good will in our actions and our affectionate responsibility towards other people keeps us alive forever. This is not my view, not what the world and experiences seem to teach us, but the belief nonetheless I share reading concrete signs.

Now, following the formidable example of Mary Ann, I suddenly composed and wrote free verses (I have too respects for our greatest poets to call it differently) to accompany this gallery about the sky and the clouds. They're obviously in Italian in my case, so they would be understandable only by a translation exercise to non Italian speaking mates (easier for Spanish, Portugueses and French though), but they would still be probably sweet and nice to hear as a sound, should anyone hear it with an appropriate vocal synthetizer. Here they are:

IL CIELO

Nudo rifulge di limpido azzurro
quando placido e sereno alto ci osserva
la volta del ciel che di lontano schiara
nel raffreddarsi vago alla distanza.

Quando poi il brio lo coglie
le nubi scorre e lieto si diletta,
a muover balocchi di soffice spuma
e celarsi di tra le brezze,
dietro i lor svolazzanti, diafani veli,
oppure scrive al sommo con nastri rilucenti.

Nel cupo e triste umor scuro s'ammanta,
livido della pesante e umida cappa
che intrisa gocciola tristezza
tamburellando lieve e sciacquettando,
nel suo lavracro, l'accogliente terra.

Le sue sopracciglia scure aggrotta torvo
quando, i baglior dell'ira malcelata,
che dentro cova e lo sobbolle,
fa lampeggiargli gli occhi e crescere il rimbrotto
che il tempestoso volger manifesta.

All'alba ed al tramonto si dā all'arte
e gioioso dipinge la sua tela
con ineffabili tocchi di luce intrisi,
da tavolozze di luminositā policrome
di tinte fredde o calde ben fornite
da cui pur bandito č il verde
al suolo riservato.

Quando l'umore mio col tuo coincide,
o cielo, che sovrasti i nostri affanni,
parmi aperto un dialogo diretto e un fluire
con l'immenso che fuori e dentro m'eccede.

Caesar
09-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Another couple of untreated pictures of clouds on the sky.
The actual tonal and chromatic contrast,the brightess and hues nuances are far better in reality, but I preferred not to enhance the; maybe on a painting ...

P.S. Should anyone be interested, I might venture in an English translation of my verses above on the sky which may provide, as much as possible through the language crossing, the feelings, sounds and some literary influence and inheritance of the original one.

Caesar
09-20-2010, 12:29 AM
... these are even better and I composed them in a collective exhibition.
There's a show almost everyday sitting in my terrace and I'll soon be collecting a quite exhaustive series fo painting and stickers ...;)

Mairzie Dotes
09-20-2010, 02:20 AM
Dear Caesar,
My but what a spectacular collection of dazzling sky visions. I would
not dare to choose which images I prefer because all are favorites
including the mood driven abstracts. The sun drenched sky's are ablaze
with magnificent color as well as sharp detailing and was wondering
what type of camera you used to take these lofty beauty's? They are all
absolutely gorgeous! :)

Caesar
09-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Dear Mary Ann, I just used a cheap Nikon Coolpix L19 without any particular setting or filter and didn't enhance them, so the real merit is the incredible sky over Rome.
Here's another one among the ones I just shot .... unfortunately the camera couldn't capture the faint sun beam through the clouds.
In few hours I often see terrific shows from my terrace, usually ending each day with some sort of gorgeous sunset variant.
You was my great inspiration, quite obviously, for anything in this thread.
Thank You very much!

Caesar
09-20-2010, 05:09 AM
... half an hour later ....

coops
09-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Absolutely stunning pictures Cesare.:)

Caesar
09-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Thank You, dear Katie! ... and all this magnificent show I use to frequently enjoy for hours is for freely offered by our Holy Father!;):)

Belvrog
09-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi Caesar, these are some magnificent pictures. The light effects surrounding the last ones are just gorgeous. Must have been a great moment. Great shots. Thanks for sharing them. Sorry my italian is as worse as it could be, so don't feel able to comment on your verses. But its a great thread.

Lima
09-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Caesar your poem is a beauty:eek:. Fantastic photos:eek:.

Caesar
09-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Thank You, dear Belvrog!:)
I'll probably try the translation in English tomorrow then and I hope that, apart from the sound difference, I'll succeed giving a decent transposition of my verses under any aspect and flavour (which wouldn't anyhow assure they'll be decent as quality themselves:D).

Caesar
09-21-2010, 12:40 AM
To the benefit of Belvrog and anyone else possibly interested, I would provide a translation in English on my personal verses in Italian above, where I tried to keep the flavour, the metric and sense through the two languages (and sounds more rarely) similar as far as possible.

Although they don't appear very modern and plain, and they certainly have some mistake, I hope You won't find them so terrible ....:rolleyes::D

THE SKY

Nude it shines of a limpid azure
when placid and serene watches us from above
the sky vault fading down far away
getting cooler and vague in the distance .

When the vivacity comes upon its mood
It shifts the clouds and merry it delights
to move its playthings of soft foam
or to conceal itself among the breezes
behind their fluttering, diaphanous veils,
or it writes up above with twinkling ribbons.

In the gloomy and sad mood darkly it wears,
livid under its heavy and humid cloak
that, soaked, drips drops of its sorrow,
a faint drumming of fingers
and rinsing out the ground in its washing.

With dark eyebrows contracted it surly looks
when, glares of an ill-concealed wrath
which inside lays hidden and simmers,
makes its eyes flash and grow its rumble
that shows so close a stormy turn.

At down and sunset it gives itself to art
and joyfully it paints on its huge canvas,
with ineffable touches wet of many light,
from palettes of multi-colour brightness hues
well furnished of dyes both warm and cool
where nonetheless the green only is banned
which is reserved to earth.

Anytime my mood with Yours gets to coincide,
oh sky, who rise above all our troubles,
it seems to me open a straight dialogue and flow
with the immensity exceeding me in and out.

Caesar
09-21-2010, 05:39 AM
A further configuration ....

Caesar
09-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Dear Oriane, I apologize for not noticing immediately Your reply. :o
Thank You very much for the compliments also about my modest verses.
I think and hope You could enjoy both in English and in Italian too, to some extent, since we have got sister Latin languages ... I don't pretend to be a poet at all, but I like the powerfully evocative magic of poets and their words and sounds, just like another way to paint what You see, hear,taste, smell, touch, feel, understand and how You see what we've got in and around ...

Alexandra
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM
This is especially beautiful to me right now because Matt and I are studying the atmosphere, clouds, sky, weather. He will be happy to see both yours and Mairze's photographs. To me, I am humbled and feel that the world is not so big after all.

Jasminek
09-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Quite impressive dear friend.:)

Caesar
09-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Thank You, dear Jasmine! I find these views delightful enough to share.

Belvrog
09-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Hey Caesar, thanks for your english version. Reread the latin version too, to get a feel of its sound now that i know the meaning. Enjoyed them both very much. Thanks mate. It fits very well to the photos. :):):):)

AT-TA
09-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Aren't we lucky to share together this magnificent natural beauty given us for free by our creator...nicely said Caesar.... enjoyed all the photos, they are really breathtakingly beautiful. Thank you for them.

Caesar
09-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Glad You appreciated my certainly defective translation, dear Belvrog (in Italian though since Latin would have been more demanding, also because their poems required precise metrics thus a terrific mastery...:D).

Dear Anna, in a world where everybody, more and more, is supposed to rush, to use efficiency and cost-effectiveness more than passion and care in his/her work and to be paid for anything he does, it was good to remember.
While answerinr to You, it came in my mind and I must say that I appreciate, like and love AR staff in particular because they love what the do, they care since they get satisfaction in what they do do well and they don't look obsessed by earning on anything ...

screenpainter
09-22-2010, 09:12 PM
gorgeous skies Caesar. Thanks for sharing these inspirational skies.

Belvrog
09-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Romanes eunt domus !;) :D

Sorry mate but you got its meaning, right?

Caesar
09-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Thank You, dear Albert! Absolutely inspiring under any aspect!

Dear Belvrog, even appreciating Your fluent Latin:eek:, to use the right declinations and placing, I'd rather say Romani domum eunt (the Romans go home), but if You wish to say something like Yankees go home!, i.e., id est, an order or warm advice, You should say instead Romani ite domum!:D

Belvrog
09-22-2010, 10:45 PM
accusative, ok !

Gratias ago . Ave Caesar et cui honorem, honorem. :D

Ok I better stop it now. :D:D:D

Caesar
09-23-2010, 01:36 AM
........ ;) :) :p :D :D

AT-TA
09-23-2010, 02:39 PM
........ ;) :) :p :D :D

Somebody a priest or doctor here? Just curious...;)

You are right Caesar, we are letting our lives pass by too quickly, we allow ourselves to be enslaved by gried and stuff we do not need.... result is...getting nothing in the end for our hard work, just a disappoitment and neverending promises for better times comming...i agree with you totaly.

Caesar
09-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Why a priest or a doctor, dear Anna? You don't feel good? :p Thank You!

Caesar
09-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Some new views ... I'm so sorry I didn't have my camera yesterday when I saw the most spectacular series of the last years. There was, among an incredible texture of clouds from dark tones to shining white, pink and yellow hilights and also a large yellow beam through with a wonderful blue just outside the beam boundary. It seemed a tele-trasportation beam of some advanced alien civilization. Later on, at sunset, fire flames were added to the picture ....

Mairzie Dotes
09-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Dear Caesar,
The sky has NO limits when it comes to your and my heads ever
moving upwards and circulating around and about the heavens for
yet another spectacular photo that might strike our cloud struck
fancy. The latest grouping of cloud images are truly majestic. :)

Caesar
09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Dear Mair, I hope that after a good collection and observation, I'll be able to dramatically improve my painted skies. To this purpose I would thank You again for Your idea and for Your huge and amazing contribution to the skies gallery.
I'm just sorry I wasn't able to take pictures of the sky the afternoon before of these ones, when all other images I showed this far would have become like pretty damsels in front of a gorgeous princess.

mannafig
09-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Dear Cesare I have just read your English translation and I must say that it is beautiful:):) I only wish I could read Italian:(

Caesar
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Thank You, dear Amanda!
Unfortunately my mastery of literary English is quite limited, so I couldn't give my translation a more adherent flavour and I probably made some mistakes or unproper English constructions I didn't realize. :)
If Mary Ann had kept also her half Italian inheritance she would provide a far better translation, I'm sure, with her elegant English and lyrical sensibility.
Anyway now it's not necessary for You to learn Italian. Once You know the meaning fro the translation I'm sure You would appreciate the Italian words sound in these verse also not really understanding them, a little bit like in the Opera ...:p

mannafig
09-29-2010, 09:58 AM
How very true.:):)I also like listening to opera and watching it when they show it on TV.
Maybe I will try to learn a few simple words to start with more for fun:)

pat1940
09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Caesar, what magnificent photos, thanks for sharing the beauty of your sky's through your eyes, I sort of picture you sitting there with your camera and a nice glass of wine:D

Caesar
09-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Should You have already learned either Spanish or French at school, I expect that You would make a fast progress with Italian, dear Amanda! ;):)

Thank You dear Pat! Maybe I should sit with that glass, but I usually drink a little of wine not everyday and along with the dinner anyway (and according to the menu) ....:p:)

Caesar
10-02-2010, 06:08 AM
A few more ...

Alexandra
10-02-2010, 06:18 AM
Wow Cesare, these are unreal. Beautiful, beautiful skies!

Mairzie Dotes
10-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Dear Caesar,
What a spectacular display of color drenched sky's. The sparkle of
city lights twinkle like stars. A lovely updated grouping and ... I am
happy to see that you have not experienced any U.F.O. visitations
in YOUR lofty inspired thread as yet! :p :D :)

P.S.
We should consider having business cards made that reads ... "Have
camera will travel Art Rageously skyward." :)

justjean
10-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Caesar, I have just had the joy of browsing all of your beautiful skies and reading your wonderful poetry. thank you so much for sharing such beauty with us.Gods canvas and pallet are truly amazing

Caesar
10-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Dear Sandra, these skies are not only real (at least apart some difference human eye and camera have), since they weren't manipulated by me with photoshop or anything else, but they are also less impressive than what You could directly see in those moments with Your own eyes. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Mair. I think that since we're covering sky masterpieces from the two sides of the Atlantic Ocean, it would be nice if a third one voluteers from the Eastern part of the world, i.e. the other side than the Pacific Ocean from USA. They wouldn't see any UFO neither, You've got that famous and most preferred secret parking area (Area 51, also knows as the alien's morgue) everybody knows :D, but we could possibly have the luck to see Godzilla looking upward! :p

Glad You appreciate all in here, dear Jean, including my poor verses which are not but an effect of what I possibly got by our poets and literarture studies, in particular by Giacomo Leopardi, one of our best and thus everytime poets ever, considering the importance of our country in all the arts for centuries up to , at lEast Ungaretti and Quasimodo, Nobel prizes in the last centuries.
My verses are but the faint shadows of Leopardi's ones though.
The skies are obviously a delight and their shots are but a praise prayer to our Holy Father from my viewpoint, by far the best artist ever!

Here some more clouds and skies ...

Caesar
10-03-2010, 06:22 AM
.... one more, later on ...

Caesar
11-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Here's a selection of my the last collection. I just regret not to have had time to take shots some past morning going to work of some more impressive wonders at dawn ....
I hope they may be useful for some of Your next paintings.

semd74
11-26-2010, 02:27 AM
Caesar these are wonderful images...

Caesar
11-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Thank You, dear Semd74! You may enlarge them sensibly if You double click and then the lens if You wish or need them as a reference.
They're just almost ordinary, not manipulated, views and shots from my home terrace in Rome. Quite often great shows go on there these pictures are but unadequate memory of them!

AT-TA
11-26-2010, 03:35 AM
The best movie i have ever seen Caesar. Saved a lot of them...and i too appreciate that you shared all this with us. Thank you so much. :-)

Caesar
11-26-2010, 05:29 AM
You're welcome, dear Anna! You may get also get nice palettes out of these ....

Mairzie Dotes
11-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Dear Caesar,
Decided to take a Thanksgiving dinner cooking break, check into
Art Rage and what a nice surprise to find these most majestic
updated sky images. One is more beautiful than the next, some
uplifting as a warm breeze, some reflective and soothing. So
lovely all and ... to you and yours ... Happy Thanksgiving! :)

coops
11-26-2010, 10:10 AM
More wonderful and inspiring photos Cesare:)