PDA

View Full Version : Bristling

Bobbi
09-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Today has been most aggravating. :mad: Spoke with some people whose parents would have done the world a favor if they had chosen to remain childless. I had to take a few minutes to try to simmer down. Don't want to take out my annoyance on the next folks who call my switch board. Popped open the AR to swab some paint on a canvas. The bristles kind of depict my mood after the unpleasant conversations. The process of diverting anger to something that won't hurt anyone has a calming effect. I guess you could call painting a good form of anger management. At least for me.

Lee
09-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Dear Bobbi, Hope you have calmed down by now!!!;) your painting made me smile, it reminds me of a bunch of shreded #2 pencils, you really must have been frazzled, good painting of your mood!!!:)

Mairzie Dotes
09-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Bobbi,
Expressing ones self artistically is a gift that is to be admired. It's a
much better user friendly outlet than, let's say for example, crying
your eyes out when the only result is ... puffy eyes. :eek: ;) Excellent
abstract! :)

Bobbi
09-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Lee, I suppose I will finally calm down once I walk out the front door at 5 and shut this stuff behind me.

Mairzie, I don't usually cry at this kind of stuff but I came close today. I don't usually allow myself to get so rattled but for some reason today was a real kicker. Later tonight I will probably kick myself for letting it get to me.

Sometimes you simply need to vent. The painting sure does help release that steam. :D

Jasminek
09-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I understand the frustration at work. I had worked 30 years since the computer could read only punched cards. When I turned 53, it was time to leave, the stress was extream, as a Config. Manager, nice authority, very good salary, but stress came in the territory, I would have appreciated the ArtRage then.

Hope things get better for you. :)

pat1940
09-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Bobbi, I hope you are feeling better now, painting is an excellent way to vent your anger and to really express how you feel, you did a great job on that, good for you, tomorrow will be better;)

Alexandra
09-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Wow Bobbi, I can't imagine what these people did-if someone caused you to shred these perfectly brand new sharpened pencils-(agree with Lee there) then shame on them! Good for you not loosing your cool though and taking your anger out through your digital pen! Great painting BTW.

Bobbi
09-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Out the door, on the train, relaxed, did some sudoku, closed my eyes, and the whole annoying business is behind me. As Scarlet O'Hara once said, "After all, tomorrow is another day". :D Thanks for letting me blow off a bit of steam.

Oh, and I will sharpen all those shredded pencils on Monday. Be ready to doodle while I work. :D:D:D

Lima
09-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Very very nice Bobbi.

coops
09-12-2010, 07:01 AM
What a great way to vent one anger Bobbi, you came up with a great painting.:) (by the way I know how you feel when you get one of those types on the switchboard, have to keep calm and take the flak but hey ho there is always the next caller who is sooooo pleasant):)

mannafig
09-12-2010, 11:04 PM
A beautiful outcome from a bad feeling :):)