PDA

View Full Version : A Metal Bouquet

Alexandra
09-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Duplication and effects, with pen, nature stamps, and knife.

AT-TA
09-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Impressive, Sandy, so delicious to look at. :)

justjean
09-10-2010, 03:57 PM
A great painting Alexandra with gorgeous colours ,many years ago my Mom gave me a ornament that was just a piece of wire with copper leaves on a base of stone and I love it and your painting has brought it to mind now I must go and find where I packed it when I moved :D 2 years ago :p

coops
09-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Sandra this is another one I would class as one of your best. It has such a lush feel to it:)

Alexandra
09-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks so much AT, Jean, and Katie. You all are very kind. I was a bit hesitant about uploading this one. I thought to myself, oh another boring flower picture, but the colors attracted me. I appreciate you all being so nice about it and not blasting me about doing another one!
Jean, that is so strange that you mentioned the ornament, because I must have seen something like that as well! This is exactly what came to mind when I made this.:eek::)

Caesar
09-10-2010, 11:55 PM
A modern version of japanese prints in my view. A sophisticated elegance I'd say!

barnburner
09-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I like this a lot Sandra.
My Great Grandmother in Arkansas had something
similar to this out on the front porch where the porch swings were.
Well done!
:)

mannafig
09-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Lovely Sandra as always:):)

Alexandra
09-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Cesare, You've made my day dear man, thank you for your generous comment.

Mike, I remember those lovely ornamental ironworks on the porches, my grandmother had one as well. The little brick homes and painted iron flowers. I miss the art that went into building. Thanks so much dear friend.

Amanda, Thanks so much dear friend.

pat1940
09-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Sandra, another beauty of yours, well done;)PS do you still have your humming birds, I havent seen mine for 3 days, I think they have left already:(

Alexandra
09-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Dear Pat, I believe mine have gone too.:(I didn't even get to say goodbye this year. Usually it is late September here. You know, my mother and grandmother always said-never to pay attention to the calendar-but play attention to the birds as far as the season changing. Our geese have gone, and the little friends as well. Maybe an early fall this year. I know my pecans are already falling, and the squirrels are gathering them quicker than I can pick them up!:eek::mad:

Mairzie Dotes
09-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Alexandra,
An ornate and spectacular arrangement. Just love the design, colors
and touches of white Baby's Breath that really accentuates the lush
scarlet flowers. The soft shading of the petals is very impressive.
Well painted! :)

Alexandra
09-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks so much MaryAnn.:)